• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite First Gen Pokemon (For my stats class)

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Hello everyone, im doing a project for my statistics class and I was wondering if you guys could help me out? Im comparing the air time different Pokemon where given in the first season of the anime to there popularity. I haven't been able to poll as many people as I would have liked to, so if your interested that would be great!

If you could answer these two questions in your response
1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon?
2. Out of theses options, why is it your favorite:
-Its cuteness factor
-Its badassness factor
-Its weirdness factor
-Its rarity
-Its type
-Its involvement in the anime
-Its ability's/attacks

Thanks for your help!

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Bulbasaur because he is a grass type and i love grass type pokemon :3 he is cute and he is really funny at the anime like when heracross and him start fighting from nowhere, and the storyline at the anime was really great

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Persian, aside from being the only Pokemon I like from the first gen, my other reason for being top Kanto is its cuteness (well at least I see it), I only wished the animators didn't always make Team Rocket's boss have one (to me it seems that the bad guys always have the cat Pokemon). My other reason for liking Persian (and Meowth too) is what its real life animal is based on. I love Mustelids and Felines, its the reason why all my favorites are based on those real life animals. Hoped this helps you out.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
krabby.gif

KRABBY
1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon? Krabby
-Its cuteness factor [X]
-Its badassness factor [ ]
-Its weirdness factor [ ]
-Its rarity [ ]
-Its type [ ]
-Its involvement in the anime [ ]
-Its ability's/attacks [ ]

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Charizard of course. From your listed reasons, this is mainly due to its badassness factor and involvement in the anime.

For all intents and purposes, Charizard isn't supposed to be as unique or as strong as he is made out to be, but I think that's why so many Generation 1 fans like him so much. In the Pokemon world, he represents overcoming adversity to accomplish extraordinary things. He often goes into battle against Pokemon who are significantly stronger than him or against Pokemon who have great advantages over him, yet, he still manages to go hold his own and, in most cases, prevail. In the anime, we've seen this as he's gone up against the likes of multiple Legendaries, Pseudo- Legendaries, and powerhouses such as Gary's Blastoise.

To me at least, Charizard is more than just a character from a cartoon or a video game. He's an inspiration to the idea that we can exceed our own capabilities to accomplish great, seemingly impossible things.

(Come to think of it, in many of respects, Charizard is like the Batman of the Pokemon World.) :)

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
That's a toughie: Mew, Arcanine, Articuno, Flareon...

I'll pick Articuno simply for having fond memories of it.

Its badassness factor
Its rarity
Its type

Not my place to speak I suppose, but I think you should add nostalgia to that list of reasons! :D

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm going to answer these questions within Gen I format, so anything related to the Pokemon past Gen I will be excluded

1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon?
Pikachu

- it's cute as heck, it's voice and overall looks

- When it's battling and he gets serious it's like when Ash turns it's cap around, you know things are going down

- I don't find Pikachu to be weird at all, cute most likely

- In the anime, Pikachu don't seem to be really rare, but in the game it is, which makes it even more awesome to have one :)

- When someone tells me electric type Pokemon, I think about Pikachu. It defines the electric type for me

- Involvment in the anime? He's the main Pokemon of the main protagonist of the show, that says a lot about Pikachu :)

- The way Pikachu battles, he mixes quickness with hard hitting attacks and sometimes he customize the moves together :)

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
My favorite mine is gotta be Charizard!

It's Badass and Strong at the same time! It's just his look is to awesome! :3

Years
My favorite of all of the first gen Pokemon (and one of my favorites of all-time) is Butterfree. While I wouldn't consider Butterfree rare in itself, it was impossible to get a Butterfree card when the first TCG set came out, because Butterfree wasn't included in it. I eventually got a Japanese Butterfree card since I wanted one so bad. But since that isn't quite what you're looking for (as far as I'm aware), I'd say that Butterfree's involvement in the anime helped it to become my favorite.

Years
For me, definitely Pikachu!

He's cute, badass in the anime, and he's such a strong player when given a Light Ball plus he's the signature Pokemon of the series' original hero Red.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
My favourite is definitely Growlithe. I guess I have a liking for animals including canines and I've always wanted to see a fusion of a tiger and a dog. Also it's part in the anime also helped me to grow fond of it, being a helper as a Police Pokemon and loyal to their trainers as mentioned in one of their Pokedex entries. I'm also a fan of Growlithe since fire-types have always been one of my favourite types, not to mention it's pretty cute as well. n__n

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
What a clever idea for a project! I salute you for your brilliance. I think we'd all be surprised just how much influence the anime had on people's favorites. Personally, I've discovered a couple of favorites through it. However, my favorite, Magneton, had nothing to do with the anime. My other favorite, Kingler, was because of it though. But for Magneton, I'll go with badassness. :)

Keep us up to date with this! I'm very interested in this.

Nakala Pri

Pikachu, easily! Then Charmander, for being so adorable! <3

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Magneton.
It's quite a quirky Pokemon, and it's design actually has a point (being joined together with magnetism - smart)..also, it evolves from one of the few cute Steel-types (yes, Magnemite is cute to me), and has some good typing.

Back