• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you catch and use the Valley Windworks Drifloon?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
425.gif
A pretty simple question, did you catch and use the Drifloon that appeared every Friday at Valley Windworks? Why or why not? Did it prove to be an asset or a liability to your team? How? In what ways? Discuss!

I did catch the Drifloon, but not for any special reasons. I didn't use it on my team because I usually already had a team planned, so I just caught it for the sake of catching it haha.

Years
I did catch it, but I already had a Staravia on my team as my Flying-type. Drifblim is an alright Pokemon but it doesn't suit my battling style, so it's just rotting in my PC, never to see the light of day again.

Even funnier, I did not even know about this Drifloon until I watched an old Marriland video.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I did catch the Drifloon in my Diamond and catch it everytime I replay the 4th gen games. I've never used it though, cause I already have a team planned by then. So it stays in PC most of the time. It's pretty cute though, and Drifblim isn't bad of a Pokemon (Lacks in Defense though.) so maybe in my next Platinum run it I'll use it on my team as my Flying-type. It be fun to fly on a Blimp/Balloon Pokemon in real life. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Sure I catch it - as a staged encounter, it's an easy opportunity to SR for a good nature and stats. And I use it in every playthrough, though I haven't taken one to the E4 yet. Drifblim is a pretty solid pokemon, with good typing, decent special attack, great HP and a gigantic movepool. It's definitely one of my Sinnoh favorites.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have used it on a team before, yes. Prior to using it on a team, I caught it for the Dex plus I like to catch all the new Pokemon in a new generation. Anyway, when I did use it, I named mine Schpangly lmao and he was a great party member! I taught him Shadow Ball, Fly, Thunderbolt, and uhhh something else that I don't remember. n__n He's the only party member I remember from that particular team, if that tells you how useful he was. :P

I agree with Arlo in that it's one of my favorite gen IV Pokemon also. I have a Drifloon plushie as well! His name is Floof. :D

Years
I went back and caught it after I'd already beaten the Elite Four, just for dex filling purposes. It's actually a decent Pokemon (as I came to find when playing White 2), and while it wouldn't have found it's way on to my team in my first playthrough of Platinum, I could see myself using it in my party if I ever restart the game.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I actually didn't know Drifloon appeared there on Fridays even though of all the little hints here and there, until I checked my guidebook on a late Tuesday night :B. Even though I knew it was there waiting, from memory I didn't bother to go back and catch it mainly for the reasons I already had a planned team sorted out beforehand and at the time, I didn't really like Drifloon. But now I love the thing, it has the most adorable face and it's type combination is something that is unique and badass, so I might eventually go back and catch Drifloon and name it Fluffball. <3

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Well, I did catch it but then again I didn't use it because I already had a Staravia with me. It did look like a cool Pokemon though I have never used a ghost type Pokemon in any of my teams yet.

Years
I've caught it and actually used it for a few gym fights. Most of time though, by the time I get to E4 anyway, it just ends up being used to fly everywhere XD

Sirfetch’d

I caught it and used it quite often. It wasn't very strong, but it was so cute!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I caught it. Who wouldn't? It's the only time and place where one can catch a Drifloon in the wild. I didn't use it though. I already had a team planned out and Drifloon wasn't part of it. Into the PC it went~

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I caught it a few times but I don't remember using it much. At one point I might have had it in my team but it was probably one of the files that I ended up deleting.

Back