• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Trading Card Game Section Feedback and Suggestions Thread

Years
This thread is here to get an idea of what you, the users, would like to see in the Pokemon TCG section.

I've got several ideas, myself, but I'd like to see what others would like to see here seeing as what I may want to implement may not necessarily be something that would keep people returning here.

Two things that are completely out of the question are trading threads and buying/selling threads. Those are forum-wide rules, and to get those changed, you'd have to convince all the administrators that it would be a good idea, though I personally don't recommend it as the site does not have the financial resources available to it to protect itself in the event one member scams another member out of cards or money, so it's cheaper and simpler to just outright forbid these exchanges of physical goods.

Ignore the prefix, please. Those seem to have broken when I requested them to be implemented.

droomph

weeb
Years
Personally I would like to see an identifying knock-offs sticky thread.

I gave you my best shot yesterday but as you have seen I'm completely useless at the more rare kinds of cards (full card holos and reverse holos) so I'm not fit for the job yet I guess.

So I personally would like to see one of the regulars here write one up, and I'm sure they'd do much better than what I did yesterday.

That's all I have. I proposed a "simple questions" thread a while back but obv that's not necessary.

Ps oh and don't forget try to add a "beginner's guide" somewhere. Doesn't have to be a sticky and you probably have already made one but I think you should make it a bit more obvious to noobs like me c:

Last edited:
Years
I think a guide to playing the game in say a competitive or tournament type setting. I personally am trying to figure this one out myself and the little bit of information I have found is confusing.

Years
Another idea I have is some way to choose to "follow" a thread. I am having a hard time following my posts in a thread that I replied to. I have seen various ways on other forums to "follow" a thread so the topics your interested in don't get lost among the others.

Years
AngelArsenic:

For that last one, go to the top of the first post of a thread, then click on Thread Tools, and select "Subscribe to this thread". That will show up in your User CP on this forum, which is usually linked to in the top left corner of the page, depending on the forum skin you're using.

For that Beginner's Guide, for me, it's a matter of finding the energy to type one up. If someone else wants to write one up, they're more than welcome to, I just keep so busy offline that I'm usually drained of energy by the time I roll onto PC.

Years
Thanks. I'm use to the obvious link right below the original post that says "follow" so that is what I was looking for.

As for the guide if none is posted by the time I know enough to feel comfortable writing one I will compile it. But that will probably be several months down the line if not longer.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Maybe we should make a sticky section for people posting/advertising their upcoming league or tournament, that way they are ALL in one place !

Years
Maybe we should make a sticky section for people posting/advertising their upcoming league or tournament, that way they are ALL in one place !

I was thinking about that just before you brought it up.

However, the issue becomes where to make it a sticky. TCG Deck Reviewing might have to be converted into TCG Deck Discussion to make it truly appropriate, but we've already got 7 stickies in the main section.

Another thing I've wanted to add was a glossary of terms, so people could better understand the jargon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Maybe a quick question thread? So people can as small questions and get it answered without having to make a thread dedicated for one simple question.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
What about a collection showcase thread? Members could post pictures of their entire card collection (rather than their newest cards) and/or their favorite cards there. Members could also compare and rate others' collections and whatnot. Or should I just create that thread myself?

Years
Suggestions are still welcome! I'm just unstickying this thread to make room for future stickies since most of the suggestions here have been implemented.

Things on my to-do list from this thread that haven't been implemented yet:

1. Collection Showcase Thread - previous one seems to have died.
2. Competitive Play Guide - For this, I'll be taking submissions since I'm out of practice with competitive play tournaments.
3. Tournament Advertising Section/Thread - Need to figure out where to put this.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I could take a shot at making a guide to competitive play. Though idk how in-depth it would turn out, and it kind of might just be a deck building guide and playing strategies. But if thats good enough for you then i could attempt.

Though if memory serves there is a deck building guide somewhere. Idk how good of a competitive guide can be without including at least some deck building in it.

Years
I could take a shot at making a guide to competitive play. Though idk how in-depth it would turn out, and it kind of might just be a deck building guide and playing strategies. But if thats good enough for you then i could attempt.

Though if memory serves there is a deck building guide somewhere. Idk how good of a competitive guide can be without including at least some deck building in it.

It could be simply a guide to what etiquette, procedures, rules, and terms you may encounter as well as the types of people you'll encounter, in both an official and unofficial capacity.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
That seems like more or less common sense for the most part. Etiquette just seems like be a good sport and treat the other player as you would like to be treated. Procedures are probably covered before the tournament itself, as are the rules. Terms are already somewhere on this site i believe.

I thought it was going to be more like what you think about while you play each turn, or figuring out odds and stuff of that sort. Overall the mind set of a tournament player while they are preparing and attending tournaments. Rather than how to conduct yourself in a tournament setting.

Years
That's probably something people want, too, but the thing I've noticed is that there are a lot of people who are unsure of how to conduct themselves at tournaments in fashions that do not get themselves kicked out. A tournament can have a very serious feel for someone who's going to one for the first time.

Back