• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Sword Art Online

Years
That time of the week again, Yay.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Yayyy!!

Spoiler:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Try not to fall asleep outside of a town, k?

Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
xD This episode! Yay!
Spoiler:

Years

Episode 6 Preview is out.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I'm loving the show, great animations and the actions pretty damn swell too :P

But I do have to say it is a bit of a dissapointment in that it is too damn rushed :( I think they're trying to tell too many stories at once and the main storyline just seems to happen off screen. If they manage to slow it down for the rest of the series that would be awesome, but at the moment it's put me off a couple of times :P My friend doesn't even want to watch it at all anymore haha.

Great idea, great potential, NEEDS MOAR MONEYS AND TIME.

Years
Well yeah, we finally got to start with the main story, I do have a question for the Anime-only viewers, how do you think the reception for SAO would be if Episode 8 was Episode 2 (We skip the Side Stories) like in Volume 1 of the Light Novels?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Really like already watched all of the episodes still waiting for episode 9! :)

Really awesome how Kirito goes out as a Solo Player! :)

Episode 8
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Episode 9 Preview is out!

Yay, Klein and his guild are back! And wow, finally they go all out on the Budget! Thanks A-1 for saving the money to animate this awesome boss fight . :D

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ohh yes, finally another boss fight <3 I was honestly expecting them to just skip over it like some of the previous fights (I wanted to see drunk Santa fighting ;;) but I'm very glad they're including this one :3 And by the way Asuna grabbed Kirito's arm, it looks like she's definitely warming to him a lot more now ♥ (Not that there was any ever doubt of that paha) Can't wait for this episode, it's definitely going to be one worth watching. Especially with Klein showing up again! <3

Years
Ohh yes, finally another boss fight <3 I was honestly expecting them to just skip over it like some of the previous fights (I wanted to see drunk Santa fighting ;;) but I'm very glad they're including this one :3 And by the way Asuna grabbed Kirito's arm, it looks like she's definitely warming to him a lot more now ♥ (Not that there was any ever doubt of that paha) Can't wait for this episode, it's definitely going to be one worth watching. Especially with Klein showing up again! <3

Yep, this episode was a great one.

Spoiler:

Jalsy

RESET
Years
Cool. I haven't seen this thread XD Episode 10 was nice, I like the battle and the little moment of Asuna and Kirito..(But I enjoyed the battle most and kirito's battle outfitXD)

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
:o i just noticed this thread. I love sao, one of the best anime's i have seen. tbh i have not seen too much of it so far, about 6 episodes. But it is awesome and i am looking forward to more.

It has some of the most intense moments in any anime's and is very dramatic. SAO is the bomb!

Cool. I haven't seen this thread XD Episode 10 was nice, I like the battle and the little moment of Asuna and Kirito..(But I enjoyed the battle most and kirito's battle outfitXD)

i also like his battle outfit ;) it suits him and looks great

Last edited:
Years
Hey, anyone knows how long does it take for PK marker to wore off? How long will Kirito run with a red ruby above his head? :D

Years
Hey, anyone knows how long does it take for PK marker to wore off? How long will Kirito run with a red ruby above his head? :D

Since Mr. Creepy Stalker dude already had an Orange Marker, Green Players could kill without being tagged as criminals for Self-Defense.

Anyways I'm surprised A-1 was able to cram an episode and make it really engaging. Considering the SS adaptations. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Episode 10 was amazing! It had everything I could ask for in an episode. Romance, drama, suspense, tender moments, amazing artwork, amazing performances! Ahhhh!!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
As much as I loved episode 10, I still find episode 9 my fav ep thus far.

~ Episode 9
Spoiler:

~ Episode 10
Spoiler:

To ones who knows all when it comes to SAO... the 67th Floor came up twice in episode 9. I'm wondering, is the 67th Floor boss covered in the LNs? If it is then was it some sort of flashback or did the anime just skip it all together?

Years

To ones who knows all when it comes to SAO... the 67th Floor came up twice in episode 9. I'm wondering, is the 67th Floor boss covered in the LNs? If it is then was it some sort of flashback or did the anime just skip it all together?

Thanks this is why KiriAsu is one of those rare canon-OTP's <3

It's nice reading POSITIVE reviews about SAO rather than going through a bunch of haters and elitists lambasting it. It was starting to get to me. xP

As for floor 67, it's not covered in the LN sadly. Although the author is doing a complete reboot of SAO in SAO Progressive starting from floor 1. To incorporate and straighten out the inconsistencies. So we might see floor 67 touched upon that WAYYYYY later on. xD

Episode 11 PV:

MORNING DEW GIRL! ;-; And Floor 22 is hell of a lot more important in symbolism all the way to Vol 7. Hehehe. xD

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
^Just remember that Sword Art Online is probably the most popular anime out right now, for every hater out there, there are at least 300 lovers, it's just the negative reviews that stand out (for that reason).

Also, I'd say that comparisons to Dot Hack (Sign, especially, but R:1 and R:2 games and anime as well) are rather accurate. They both have similar themes (such as the character archetypes that make up both Kirito and Tsukasa) and the progress in similar fashions, though Sign puts less emphasis on fighting. There are other similarities, but they'd be spoilers to both series. This isn't a bad thing; in fact, I'd say that the similarities between the two make for great anime. Granted, I think that a younger person could watch SAO than one that could watch Sign, seeing the difference in pacing and the amount of talking that varies between the two.

Last edited:
Back