• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [IC]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
DUSK
BURST Rogue of the Shadows

Poochyena.gif

"Oh... Well, I can give you something to eat here. Without you having to beat me for it!" She seemed to smirk at him as if she was implying something, though what this meant was unknown to him.

"... Right..." His voice sort of trailed. It wasn't hard to tell that he was clueless, though it didn't seem very important.

The girl then went to the kitchen and started cooking something. Dusk remained standing where he was, staring intently at the BURST Heart until she spoke up once more. "By the way... what's your name?"

"My name...?" It was odd, but he seemed to be thinking about this question. "... Dusk. My name is Dusk." He began watching the gem again, before something caught his attention. He caught the scent of something kind of bland but somehow still sweet. His nose crinkled slightly and he sniffed the air a few times. "What are you making...? It smells... Odd."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
ARLA

at home with Dusk​

"My name...?" It was odd, but he seemed to be thinking about this question. "... Dusk. My name is Dusk."

"Dusk? Haha, that's an odd name! But pretty decent, I guess. My name is even more odd so maybe I shouldn't be the one to talk. I'm Arla. It means morning, so I guess our names are opposites!"

Dusk's nose crinkled slightly and he sniffed the air a few times. "What are you making...? It smells... Odd."

Arla put some of the ready pancakes on a plate with a content smile and fetched some syrup and cream from the fridge. She completed the meal and set the plate down on a table together with some juice in a glass. "Here you go!" she said. "They are pancakes. You've had pancakes before... right? It's the best thing there is, at least if you don't make them too sugary."

Banko the Spheal came rolling into the kitchen and Corwas the Seedot came rolling after him. They were apparently playing some game of rolling race and the ice pokémon was winning, much to Corwas' chagrin. Arla reckoned that they should leave home soon and continue their journey. She would just help herself to a serving of pancakes too, first!​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
DUSK

Poochyena.gif

"Dusk? Haha, that's an odd name! But pretty decent, I guess. My name is even more odd so maybe I shouldn't be the one to talk. I'm Arla. It means morning, so I guess our names are opposites!"

"... Right..."

"Here you go! They are pancakes. You've had pancakes before... right? It's the best thing there is, at least if you don't make them too sugary." She then placed a whole platter of food before him and then went over to the kitchen to gets some for herself. Of course, by the time she'd return to the table, Dusk had already eaten the meal and had just finished drinking the juice and then exhaled.

"No... That's the first time I've had that... It was pretty good though..." He closed his eyes, somewhat relaxed now that he'd filled his stomach some.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
ARLA

"That's the first time I've had that... It was pretty good though..." Dusk said and closed his eyes and seemed to relax.

Arla was a bit shocked to see that he had finished his meal even before she had started hers. She sat down on the opposite side of the kitchen table and ate her pancakes, watching the young man. Or older teenager. She wasn't sure of what she thought he was. Anyways, she couldn't sit here all day. She pushed her plate away and leaned over the table slightly, trying to look into his eyes with a determined face.

"Hey, I didn't just invite you and feed you for nothing. I want you to show me how you turn into a pokémon again. Does a real pokémon live inside that? Have you ever seen more of those?"

What it boiled down to was of course that she wanted a crystal like that for herself. It would be awesome if she could turn into a pokémon! Or pokégirl or what it really was. She knew she might come across as a bit overwhelming, so as if to soften that, she pushed the plate with her last pancake over to Dusk, offering it to him.​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
DUSK

Poochyena.gif

ARLA YOU **** GET OUT OF MY FACE

Upon Arla's unsettling invasion into his personal space, Dusk simply opened his left eye. Yes, the dark and nearly black eye with a dilated pupil. Would that scare her? She may have not seen it. Either way, he did this with the intention of making her back away. He opened his right eye seconds after, soft and gray with an un-dilated pupil. He simply stared at her for a few seconds, silent. He seemed to ignore the pancake offering entirely, though he finally broke the silence. "Yes, this Poochyena is real. His name is Hige..."

Dusk turned his attention from the girl back the the gem. A few moments of quiet before he speaks again. "I've never seen another one, but I know they exist... That bird-guy in the air was using one..."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
ARLA

Before she could stop herself, the pink haired girl gasped and fell back down into her seat as she saw Dusk's strange eye. But she quickly put on a brave face again, looking persistently at him to make him understand that she wasn't just a little girl he could scare easily.

"Yes, this Poochyena is real. His name is Hige..." Dusk said, not even looking at the additional pancakes he had been offered. "I've never seen another one, but I know they exist... That bird-guy in the air was using one..."

Arla had to think for a moment to understand what he meant. Then her eyes widened. "That guy who was above us just when you appeared? So there was something strange about him! I knew it."

She got up and started pacing forth and back. Corwas and Banko watched her, Banko's round eyes simply following her happily, while Corwas was getting annoyed after just a matter of seconds. All of a sudden, the little Seedot tackled Arla's leg, making her jump.

"Oh... Well, hrm. Dusk," she said, looking from the pancakes on the table, to her pokémon, then back to the older guy. "I want to see you turn back into a pokémon, or what kind of hybrid you were. Because to be honest," she put her hand on her chest here, "that was a pretty mysterious and awesome thing to watch. And I'm not a foolish little girl - I know there's something going on in Hoenn these days! Even though my parents won't seem to admit it. They don't want me to be worried, I believe. But I'm not easily worried! I want to become a strong pokémon trainer instead of just being stuck in this... this tiny, boring town! That and... it would be cool to be able to shift into a pokéform together with one of my pokémon, like you can."

She hadn't been looking at Dusk the whole time she talked. Rather, she had started pacing forth and back agan, picking up the mantle she had left hanging on a chair before she started cooking pancakes. Now she put the mantle back on and looked up at Dusk. "Let's go outside. And there, would you please show me that transformation again?" She did her best to put on her polite and coherent tone.​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
DUSK

Poochyena.gif

Was this girl trying to push him around? Who knows, but Dusk didn't seem to care all that much right now. He just gave a slight sigh and agreed silently, following her outside. He showed a complete lack of interest in her speech, and simply walked ahead outside. At least, for the most part, it didn't look like anyone was around. How annoying it would be to cause a scene. He pulled out Hige's BURST Heart, removed the black glove from his right hand, and placed the gem over his palm. It was slightly cool to the touch and relaxed him quickly. Pulling his glove back on he placed the gem between his palms and directly in front of his chest, namely at his heart.

Just like before, He began a roaring shout as he fused with the Poochyena, gaining many of the features, like yellow scleras (White of the Eye) and red irises, though his left eye was still highly dilated, making it look like a much darker red. His skin was soon gray/black and he gained a tail and some ears, his hair turning a dark grayish-black. His clothes were still intact, and his nails were now claws. He turned to the girl and stared, expecting a response. Of course, his stare was definitely levels more intimidating now.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Naren Warren

Naren grabbed the Pokeball with her Zigzagoon and silently hurried on, barely stopping to allow Zeus to climb up her arm, heading to Oldale Town with a rush of either adrenaline or embarrassment. Likely the second one, as she was vividly aware she had just mostly epic failed to battle, even though it had ended with her catching the Pokemon. What did I just do? she thought miserably, feeling Zeus bouncing on her shoulder

Anyone else would have been proud of their accomplishment. But she was frightened, incredibly so. Her mother could have seen it. And then she would get caught and dragged away. That was just... that was just not allowed. She didn't want to go home now, not again, not after everything they had worked together to do. That really wasn't much either, but still. Zeus, utterly confused, proceeded to nip at her ear. She ignored this until she reached the inside of the Oldale Pokemon Center where she promptly slumped into a chair.

"Goodness child, was a lad chasing you," exclaimed a patron as she panted for air. She had just run the length of a field after all.. Naren shook her head weakly, gently patting Zeus' head in apology. "Well don't frighten your Pokemon anymore. Poor thing's probably lost years off." Zeus glared at her, indicating that he was perfectly fine and he did not need the patronizing tone from a mere peasant. Naren however, only gave a shy smile, uncertain as how to reply to this woman. Shaking her head, the woman left, even as Naren's lips twitched to speak. She said nothing for a few moments before going up to the counter.

"Zeus," the young woman murmured, holding up the Pokeball. Zeus glared at her now. Like he was going in that thing again. She fidgeted before the nurse reached the counter.

"Oh don't you worry now," soothed the nurse, who had just arrived from the back room. "I can take care of them just fine right here." Without hesitation she took the two Pokemon away to be healed, Zeus squirming the whole way. Naren managed an exhausted giggle and waited for a while, not seeing a pale red aura in her peripheral vision. She would have probably screamed if she did because seeing that from the corner was always weird on the eyes. The nurse came back moments later, carrying the two. Both Pokemon were out of their balls and glaring at each other. If looks could kill, she thought with a sigh. Looking at the Zigzagoon, the fur stuck up oddly in all directions, not like its spikes, but more like tangles. She would have to brush him out. Taking the pair from the poor woman's arms, she went to a spare room to deposit the two critters on the floor. Instantly the two squared off, pacing around in an attempt to likely beat the daylights out of each other again.

"W-Wait," she protested, causing them to stare at her incredulously. "Your fur's messed up Herm's. Zeus too..." They looked at her again. So? "Hard to fight all messed up." Honestly she didn't want them to fight at all but she'd distract them somehow.

Naren quietly sprayed the Zigzagoon's fur. "S'rry 'bout that Hermes," she murmured in its ear, sitting down unceremoniously on the grass. Zeus huffed. He wasn't. Gently the rubbed the sprayed liquid onto the spiky hairs, carefully remembering not to eat anything until she washed her hands afterward. The beady black eyes locked briefly on Zeus and narrowed, growling softly with distaste. However, he didn't move from his spot, rather content to let Naren continue... whatever it was she was doing.

It growled at her gently. "Not your fault that guy's a nutter," sneered the little raccoon. "I feel sorry for you kiddo." Zeus turned up his nose at her with a snort, smirk lacing dangerously over his adorable features.

"Oh excuse me," he huffed. "May I remind you I kicked your furry rear across the route and fried you like a bunch of Miltank burgers?"

"Yes you did," replied the Zigzagoon loftily, rolling onto his back and causing Naren to reflexively smile and scratch the upturned stomach. He knew how these humans worked by now. "But I got your tail." Zeus glared angrily at the creature, knowing only the Pokeball on his idiot human's waist prevented him from turning the rat in front of him into charcoal. That and he would accidentally fry Naren. As weird as she was, she didn't deserve that.

There was a sudden burst of color out of the corner of Naren's eyes. She turned her head to see a boy staring at her Pokemon. The male seemed completely uninterested in her. That was perfectly fine, as she wasn't quite sure how to take him in. His colors blurred and melded together, excitement, pleasure, indifference, curiosity. Naren wondered and tilted her head slowly from the floor, goggle lenses glinting in the sunlight. She observed him from her seat rather childishly.

The boy didn't glance at her long, only sidelong and smiled before exiting. Well that was weird.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
ARLA

Arla watched in amazement how Dusk merged with the pokémon called Hige and gained yellow and red eyes, a tail and furry ears like a Poochyena. At that moment, the little girl decided that this was what made life worth living. Not Dusk transforming, no. But mysterious things happening. She already knew before that she wanted to get out into the world and experience things - that was why she had become a pokémon trainer. But now she knew exactly what she wanted too.

"That's pretty cool," she said, trying to sound indifferent but failing a little. "Thanks!"

She sent her pokémon back into their pokéballs and smiled determinedly at the other teenager. "I've decided! I'm going to travel and learn more about those heart thingys. And then I'm going to find one for myself!"

She had already packed when she left her home earlier today, so she had her bag and everything ready and looked down the street that eventually led out from the city to the west. The weather was getting windier and some clouds were starting to dot the afternoon sky. There was time for one more expedition this day. She didn't wnat to sleep at home though; no, she would sleep in the outdoors like a real trainer! No matter if she ended up close to Oldale at the end of the day or not. She glanced over at Dusk again.

"I'm leaving town. North... to catch some pokémon for my team," she said, holding up a pokéball as if to emphasize her intentions. "What are you going to do now? Chase down that... bird man? I'd like to find him too... maybe he knows more about these gems."​

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
Chapter 1 (Part 1) - James Jones

Littleroot Town

James Jones dashed into Littleroot Town, screaming, "I'm going to be late! No!". Now, who was this strange individual? He was a small, 16 year old teenager from Kanto, who had been invited to Professor Birch's Lab to receive his very own Pokemon. He had wanted one since he was a toddler - he used to think that they were aliens from the galaxy of "Hongjiang" in the Milky Way - they were just so extraordinary, some were strong and powerful, some were small and cute. Some Pokemon shaped the universe that we lived in today.

Bolting to the Professor's Lab like lightning, James fell straight through the wooden door head first, causing commotion inside. He had knocked a young lady carrying a tray of Pokeballs towards a large, ornate table in the centre of the room.

"Oooooooops ..." James murmured, "I'm so, so sorry!" He politely helped pick up the Pokeballs strewn across the floor.

"And who might you be?" a voice from the back of the Lab said, making James jump.

"I'm James Jones, where are you?" he questioned.

The voice suddenly jumped from the shadows at the back, making James jump once more. "I'm here!" he grinned. "I was wondering when you would show up, many of the other people I had invited came days ago. Anyway, I'm Professor Birch, the Pokemon Professor of Hoenn! And you are James, as you've already said ... I presume you've came for your Pokemon?"

"Of course!" James exclaimed. "I've already decided which of them I want, and I know that me and that Pokemon will be friends for life! May I collect it now?"

"Yes, yes!" he pointed over there. "Over there is the partner that will accompany you for your journey, choose wisely."

James walked over to the Pokeball, realizing there was only two left. He already knew which one he wanted, so he grasped the one labelled "TORCHIC". He thrust into the air with glee, and laughed, "I chose Torchic!"

***​

Last edited:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Littleroot Town

As the structures of Littleroot Town came into view, Jupe's heart thumped a little. It was the day he would get a pokemon, his own pokemon. The dream he had yearned from childhood was coming true finally. Without wasting anymore time, he jumped the ledges of Route 101 and dashed into the town.

It wasn't at all what he had seen in his few hours in Hoenn. There were a few houses, and a large white building with glass doors. Not many people were outside, and all of them looked like lab assistants (at least by the clothes they were wearing). A sweet aroma was coming from one of the houses on the left, but without paying any attention to it, he headed into the lab.

As he entered the lab, he collided with a boy of his age. A pokeball fell from the boy's hands, and rolled towards Jupe. It was labeled TORCHIC. Jupe returned his pokeball and said sorry. Jupe thought that he was another trainer invited by Professor Birch. "Professor Birch.. Oh no, he is waiting for me!", Jupe thought. Through the hall, he entered the only room and he was quite surprised. . .

Instead of finding a man in lab coats, he found a man in olive shorts and blue t shirt.

"Hello there.. Are you my new assistant?"

"No. I'm Jupiter."

"The planet? Bu.."

"My name is Jupiter Collins. You invited me to your lab."

"Oh yes. Now I remember. Jupiter Collins from Olivine City in Johto. I have heard you don't have a pokemon yet. Why don't you choose one from the tray? Many trainers, even one just a few minutes ago have chosen their partner.

Jupe saw there were only two pokeballs in the tray. Without hesitation he picked up the one with MUDKIP.

"Mudkip, I chose you!!!"

Jupiter let Mudkip out. He seemed to have mild nature. Professor Birch said, "While you are at it, why don't you give him a nickname?"

"Hmm.. nickname. How about Waterhorse?". Mudkip swayed his head in dislike.

"Ok.. Aquaseas.". Mudkip waited for some moments then nodded.

"Lets go Aquaseas.."

"No wait for a moment.", the professor handed him 10 pokeballs and a strange object, "It is a Pokegear. It is a high tech encyclopedia that automatically records data on any pokemon you have seen or caught."

"Thank you Professor. Thank you very much."

"Take good care of Mudkip."

"I will Professor." Jupiter left the lab with a big heart.

Route 101

After getting out of the lab, Jupe took a better look at Mudkip. Mudkip was still looking at him in a strange manner.

"Hello there Aquaseas. My name is Jupiter. You can call me Jupe." The pokemon seemed quite unresponsive. "Hmm.. You are not used to me yet. Here, take this..", Jupe gave Aquaseas a berry. He sniffed it for a few times but didn't eat it.

"Hello there Aquaseas. My name is Jupiter. You can call me Jupe." The pokemon seemed quite unresponsive. "Hmm.. You are not used to me yet. Here, take this..", Jupe gave Aquaseas a berry. He sniffed it for a few times but didn't eat it.

"It is called a berry. These are really tasty", he took a bite of the berry, "See this, I too love berries." This seemed to have an effect on Mudkip, who first took a piece of it. Quickly his facial expression changed and he gulped the whole berry and looked at Jupe in a friendly manner.

"You like it, don't you? Here have another one." Jupiter smiled seeing the bond between him and Aquaseas grow strong. In a few moments, they were walking in the grass of Route 101. Aquaseas was now quite fond of Jupe. The pair noticed a lone Lotad near the water. "Go Aquaseas, here's your chance.", he scans Aquaseas, "So you know Tackle, Sludge, and Protect. Use TACKLE!" Aquaseas charged towards the unsuspecting Lotad. It slammed onto it, and the big leaf pokemon rolled down. With great difficulty, it stood up, and immediately tackled the Mudkip. They continued tackling each other until Jupe ordered Aquaseas to use Sludge. It was very effective on the Lotad, which slowly dragged itself into the water. "You are getting on the groove, congratulations!"

Jupe gave him another berry. Aquaseas jumped up and down seeing it, berry has turned into his favourite food. Suddenly he freezed and stared at a shrub. Jupe looked at the shrub Aquaseas was staring at. Two red eyes were visible in it, and suddenly a burst of flame hit the Mudkip. The assilant jumped out of the shrub, a Poochyena. "Oh no. It knows incinerate." Jupe said in a alarmed tone. Poochyena's attack didn't cause much damage to Aquaseas, but have completely destroyed the berry he was going to eat. Even though he was mild natured, he got incredibly angry seeing his going-to-be food destroyed. Without hesitation he pummeled onto the Poochyena with mad rage. It was thrown a few meters ahead and again Aquaseas charged ahead without giving the Poochyena time to recover. It bit the Mudkip's fin and Aquaseas cried in pain. He violently shook himself trying to get the Poochyena off. Finally he ran towards a tree and rammed the Poochyena on the trunk. Then Aquaseas constantly used Sludge until the wild Poochyena became drowsy and sedated with the poison. Jupe chucked a pokeball at it. . . . . .

Last edited:

Icy Burn

Years
Chapter 1 (Part 2) - James Jones

Littleroot Town

"Ah, Torchic!" he said. "A bit disobedient at first, but an excellent choice for a trainer like you, James!"

"I know it will be great!" he grinned, and sent Torchic out from her Pokeball. "Hi there, Torchic!"

The Torchic rudely turned her back towards James, and grunted, "Torchic!".

"So ... the hard type to please, eh?" James questioned. "I can cope with that, sure. Sooner or later, we'll get to know each other better! Now, what shall I name you? ... Hmmm."

"Ah! I suggest you travel out onto Route 101 before you name Torchic, just so you'll have an idea of how she acts and her personality."

"Hmm, I suppose that's not a bad idea ... Off to Route 101!" James proudly marched towards the door, but then another boy around his age collided with him. "Oh, sorry ..." they both mumbled. James then flung open the door, the sunlight hurting his eyes a bit.

"Wait! Wait!" the Professor darted back out. "I didn't have time to give you this," he handed him 10 Pokeballs, "and this!" James was handed a small, peculiar looking device.

"What's this?"

"That, is the Pokegear! A High Tech Encyclopedia that will record data about the Pokemon you see and catch, it's a new invention of mine!"

"So ... I'm basically your guinea pig for your invention that might not even work? What if it blows up?"

"Erhm ..." the Professor looked embarassed."I can assure you that it won't blow up, and I suppose you are a kind of Guinea Pig, yes ..."

"Oh, alright, thanks Professor!" and him and his newly acquired Torchic strode towards Route 101.

Route 101

"So then, Torchic, how about a little bit of training against some wild Pokemon? Apparently it's a good way to start your journey, I saw it on a documentary."

Torchic wasn't listening. James thought this wasn't good, the first moments with your starter Pokemon should be happy, not the Pokemon ignoring you. "What's wrong, Torchic?", but James didn't get an answer. He saw the boy who had collided into him earlier fighting a Lotad, but James didn't bother to get his attention as he looked far to concentrated on his battle.

"Well, I might as well have a look at your moves, there's no point if we go into battle and I command you a move that you don't even have ..." he said to himself. "So ... You have Agility, Toxic and Ember, and your Ability is Blaze. Ni-" But James couldn't finish his sentence, because at that very moment a wild Poochyena appeared!

"Holy mother!" James exclaimed, and Torchic gave him a strange look. "Please, please get into battle Torchic, please!"

Torchic looked at James, then at Poochyena, then at James, and then at Poochyena again. She must have been deciding whether or not she should get into battle. To James' suprise, she actually hopped into battle.

"Thankyou, Torchic!" James said, he almost had tears in his eyes. "Ok ... Torchic, use Toxic!" a stream of purple liquid squirted from Torchic's mouth, covering the Poochyena in the purple sludge.

Poochyena didn't look happy.

The Poochyena suddenly sweeped Torchic off her feet with a quick Tackle, and when she managed to get up again, he did it again, and again, and again. Torchic did not look too good. "Torchic, use Agility, run around Poochyena then use Ember!"

She spun around Poochyena, confusing him, and then set his tail alight with Ember. It howled it pain and anger, and bit Torchic's arm, and wouldn't let go, "Shake him off, then hit him with another Ember!", and she did. They both looked exhausted now, but James did what he had to do.

"Go, Pokeball!" he threw the Pokeball through the air, and it closed around Poochyena, and it wibbled, and it wobbled, and ...

***​

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Ju Ju - Attempt at Catching a Poochyena

Poochyena had all but lost its defenses from the repeated Sludge attacks. Oh, Arceus—it got in my mouth! Agh, it's in my mouth! EUGH! IT TASTES WORSE THAN POOP! ACH! I SWALLOWED IT! it screamed, unable to contain its disgust when it started feeling a little loopy. Thinking the poor Mudkip was a sandwich now (Sludge is one hell of a drug), Poochyena did little more than try and chew through him until the Pokéball sealed him inside. With all of the Sludge, and a lack of defenses to break out with, Poochyena was successfully caught. It'll be a while before the Sludge wears off though, even at a Pokémon Center — it did swallow it.

Capture Get!

Spr_5b_261.png

Level 6
Rattled
- Tackle
- Howl
- Incinerate​

James Jones - Attempt at Catching a Poochyena

It had fought a tough battle, but a quick one. Poisoned and burnt like an over-cooked dinner, the Poochyena was nearly knocked unconscious just from the smack of the Pokéball hitting it in the face! Regardless, its remaining shreds of will showed no signs of giving in yet, and broke free of the capsule! Surely, Torchic was going to get angry over this — and even though it's obvious the little canine was struggling just to stand now, it still managed to run at Torchic and bite with all its weight, teeth coated in electricity. Maybe if James threw another Pokéball?

Spr_5b_261.png

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
"YEAHHH..", Jupe almost shouted seeing the pokeball click. He finally caught his first pokemon. Aquaseas was still angry at the Poochyena, seeing the pokemon go inside the pokeball, he knocked it several times so that the Poochyena gets out for battle. "Here's your prize Aquaseas..", Jupe handed him his second last berry, ".. You may play in that pond while I have some work." Aquaseas nodded and went off for the water, its favourite place.

Jupe now let Poochyena out of his pokeball. As soon as the bite pokemon materialised, it immediately puked out a load of sludge. "Holy Mother! What do I do now?", Jupe thought frantically, until an idea struck his mind. He took out some salt and a bottle of water, mixed it throughly to make a quite concentrated salt solution. Then, almost forcefully, made Poochyena drink it. Immediately under the effect of salt solution, it continued puking out barrage of the sludge and undigested food (eeewwww!). Finally it stopped vomiting and laid defeated on the ground.

"At least I could get out the sludge from your stomach. Now part two.", Jupiter gave Poochyena some fresh water which the pokemon drank with utmost difficulty. He then took out a berry juicer. It was given by his mom who said that berry juice is a more effective healing item. Jupe crushed a Pecha Berry and mixed the juice with his only potion. He then offered the modified potion to the pokemon. Jupe nodded and in a almost whispering tone, "Please.. Drink it Poochyena.. ". It looked into Jupiter's eyes and saw the concern, the friendliness.. and drank it. . . . .

A painfull moment of suspense followed. Finally the Poochyena opened his eyes. The potion and pecha berry had worked! "Yes! I did it! Hey Aquaseas come here.." The Mudkip swiftly came to them. It was again going to be agitated on seeing the Poochyena, but nothing of that sort happened. Instead he licked Poochyena's face. Jupiter's smile got bigger, "You are very nice Aquaseas..", he looks at Poochyena, ".. Now what shall I name you?" The pokemon raised its ears, a sign of interest. "How about Scorcher, since you burnt Aquaseas berry?" Scorcher seemed a bit embarassed, and nodded. Aquaseas lightly tackled the Poochyena and the two pokemon were soon rolling on the ground, playing. Jupiter couldn't help but smile how the two enemies some time ago became so good friends.

They started walking towards Oldale Town. Scorcher and Aquaseas were running around him, trying to bite each other, a game they just had invented. Jupe found a berry tree, and started filling his berry pouch while Aquaseas watched him and Scorcher had found a berry lying on the ground. Suddenly Scorcher yelped! Looking at his direction, Jupe saw that the berry Scorcher found was a SEEDOT!!! Scorcher was quite frightened, and it had activated his ability 'Rattled'. Motioning Aquaseas to wait, Jupe said, "Here is your chance Scorcher, use incinerate." A burst of flame was shot out by the Poochyena but the Seedot dodged it.

"Dang it! Use Incinerate again." But again the Seedot dodged it.

"Hmm.. Okay. Use Howl then go as near to Seedot as possible." Scorcher was quite angry seeing his attacks being dodged, he used howl and ran towards Seedot with his boosted attack and speed.

"Very good! Now use Bite and throw him in the air." Scorcher's teeth dug into the Seedot, he quickly shook the enemy in his mouth a few times and threw him up horizontally.

"Yeah! Now use incinerate repeatedly!" Continued bursts of flame striked the Seedot and almost roasted it before it dropped on the ground with a thump.

"GO POKEBALL!" Jupe cried as the Seedot disappeared with a bright red flash.

Last edited:

Icy Burn

Years
Chapter 1 (Part 3) James Jones

Route 101

The Pokeball shook, it wobbled, it looked like it was doing a sort of ... dance, but despite the poison covering Poochyena and his scorched fur, he managed to break free from the capsule. The Poochyena didn't look happy, neither did Torchic.

"Damn ..." James grunted. "Let's finish this off, Torchic, Agility then Ember, again and again!"

Torchic spun circles around Poochyena, to it's left, right, left again, and Poochyena was very confused. Torchic then just about finished off the Poochyena with the finishing ember, and Poochyena looked exhausted.

"Now, let's finish what we started!" James said triumphantly, "Go, Pokeball!" and the Pokeball flung through the air.

Everything then seemed to go in slow motion, the Pokeball slowly opened around Poochyena, the seal clicked shut, and then it wibbled, it wobbled, it shook, "Come on ... come on ..." and the Poochyena was ...

***​

TornZero

Years
Ju Ju - Attempt at Catching a Seedot

Angry, but unable to fight back properly, Seedot broke out of the Pokéball with its remaining strength and fled the battle! Another day, Ju Ju. Another day.

Spr_5b_273.png

James Jones - Attempt #2 at Catching a Poochyena

Dazed, cooked medium-rare, poisoned and pooped out, the poor Poochyena couldn't fight anymore. Falling to the ground as it tried to bite at Torchic's legs again, the Pokéball consumed it and started wiggling. It seemed like forever passed before it stopped with a satisfying bleep.

Spr_5b_261.png

Level 7
Quick Feet
- Tackle
- Howl
- Thunder Fang

Last edited:

Icy Burn

Years
Chapter 1 (Part 4) - James Jones

Route 101

If this Poochyena didn't get in the Pokeball now ... wow. It had been burned, poisoned and confused, and if it managed all of that without being captured - wow ... again. Him and Torchic had bonded in this battle, they had became closer. Before Torchic didn't even look at thim, and now they were battling together. "This is an improvement ...", he thought to himself happily.

It did the funny dance again, it wibbled, it wobbled, and the Pokeball made a satisfying clicking noise.

"Hooray!" he whooped as he jumped with glee. Torchic was hopping around in glee too. "I caught, a POOCHYENA!"

Torchic returned to it's Pokeball, and James dashed back to Littleroot Town and towards Professor Birch's Lab, Poochyena had it bad

***​

Back at Littleroot Town​

"Professor! Professor! I caught my first Pokemon, a Poochyena, but it's poisoned and burned and confused, can you heal it?" James blurted out quickly.

"Ah, James! You caught a Pokemon? Brilliant! But you want me to heal it ... come over here, over here ..." the Professor walked over to a strange looking machine, with 6 slots in, for 6 Pokeball's. He slotted Torchic and Poochyena's Pokeball into the machine, and flicked a switch on the back. The Pokeball's glowed for a second or two, and then he gave James them back.

"They're already fine?" James asked in shock.

"Yes, yes. This machine is very advanced. So, have you thought of names yet?"

That was a point. He hadn't yet decided a name for Poochyena nor Torchic, he then sent out the two of them and started calling out random names.

"Fire? Biter? Flame?" as he said "Flame", Torchic jumped up high in the air. "So, I'll call you Flame and for Poochyena ..." he called out random names once more. "Streak? Nipper? Shadow?" and as he said "Shadow", Poochyena jumped for joy.

"So, Flame and Shadow? Great! I'll see you soon, yes?"

"Yes Professor, of course!" and he walked back out of the Lab and back towards Route 101.

***​

Route 101

James walked back down Route 101, with Flame happily on his shoulder and his Shadow walking next too him, like a dog. The next thing he wanted to do was battle. He didn't care who and when, but he wanted to have a Trainer battle. He then saw a trainer with his Pokemon, relaxing. It wasn't the boy who he had bumped into in the Lab, he was someone else. "This is it!" he said in his head. "I can battle this Trainer!".

He walked up towards the relaxed Trainer and said, "I challenge you to a battle!".

"Who are you?" he said with a posh tone.

"I'm James Jones, and I'm going to be the Pokemon Master!"

"Yeah, right. I'm Jimmy Kahn, and I'm going to thrash you in a battle ..." he grunted. "1 vs 1, I choose ... Ralts! Prepare for battle!" the Ralts walked up in front of James, Torchic and Poochyena and posed, like a statue.

"Ok ... Let's Battle, Shadow!" Poochyena plodded in front of Ralts, and tried to pose like her. Instead, he slipped over on the wet grass.

Jimmy sniggered. "Wow, this will be so easy!"

"Oh, be quiet." James said. "I'll start, being your being such a cow ..." as he said that, Jimmy scowled. "Shadow, Thunder Fang!"

Sparks lit up around Shadow's teeth, and he charged towards the Ralts, but it elegantly dodged Shadow. "Pathetic. Ralts, use Confusion!"

"Oh no ... Shadow, dodge, quick!" the confusion beams just missed him, and James sighed a sigh of relief. "Now, Thunder Fang again, and don't stop until you get a hit!

Ralts and Shadow were sending Confusion's and Thunder Fangs at each other for a while, until Shadow managed to bite down hard on Ralts. She groaned in pain.

"Ralts, now, CONFUSION!" and confusion beams were fired straight at them again.

"Shadow, Tackle the beams of Confusion and don't stop tackling Ralts!"

Shadow tackled hard on the beams, and a dust cloud appeared. Both Jimmy and James could hear groans of pain from inside the dust cloud, but didn't know who was winning. The dust eventually disappeared and they both looked like they were going to faint. They swayed a little bit, before both of them slumped to the ground, they had tied.

***​

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
"Craaaaapp!", Jupiter exclaimed as the burnt, dazed, wounded Seedot hopped away and was not seen again. "How can it flee? Damn Arceus.. F#&%$@!", Jupe mumbled some more, incoherent things.

Scorcher too was disheartened at Seedot's escape. He hung his head, as if it was all his fault. Aquaseas went to cheer up his friend.

"Mud! Mud.. Kip."

"Pooch.."

"Kip?"

"Poo.. Yena!"

Jupe noticed this at walked towards him, "Hey Scorcher, you did really well. In fact, you were amazing.. See how he fled, he couldn't even battle you." Scorcher looked at him, and Jupiter smiled. . .

"You just don't know your capabilities yet. There.. See those two Pidgeys? They can't stand before you!"

The vocal tonic worked, Scorcher got ready once more.

"Use Incinerate and burn the branch they are perching on."

A bright orange flame spouted from Scorcher's mouth and hit the branch, burning it in the process and startling the two Pidgeys. The angry duo swooped overhead a few times to gain momentum and went for a tackle.

"Go Scorcher, Bite that Pidgey! Aquaseas, stop the other Pidgey with a Tackle!"

Aquaseas ran forward and took a jump. In a brilliant head-on collision, the Pidgey was stopped dead in its tracks, and thrown against a tree. With another tackle from Aquaseas, it fainted.

While Aquaseas battled, Scorcher bit the other Pidgey's leg and didn't let go. It tried to fly but in vain.

"Very good Scorcher. Now use incinerate to finish that pidgey off!"

The flame ball struck the Pidgey at point blank range, which immediately fainted.

"Yeah! Awesome coördination. See Scorcher, you did it. You too were great Aquaseas, congratulations you two!"

The two pokemon jumped up and down seeing their trainer so happy. Jupiter's eyes were scanning the surrounding area for a old tree, where the acorn pokemons generally live. . . .

And he found it finally. It was a shaggy looking old tree, some 12-13 meters away.

"Hey, want a surprise? Come on, follow me."

The two pokemon happily followed their trainer to the tree. It was much bigger and older than they had expected. It had a huge girth, branches thick as pillars. The leaves mostly were of a yellowish green shade.

Numerous pokemon were on the tree, or in its victinity. A bunch of Wurmple were munching its leaves, Pidgeys soared above it and perched to rest. Two Vulpix were playing around its trunk. But the pokemon he was searching for wasn't there, until..

His eyes struck an acorn on a higher branch. YES ITS A SEEDOT FINALLY!

"Go Poochyena.. Show your might.. There.. Use Incinerate.. Take aim. . . . Fire"

A bluish red fireball hit the Seedot clear. It cried in pain and fell with a low thud. It was dazed from the fall, Jupe didn't miss it.

"BITE it with all your strength!"

Scorcher jumped on the Seedot and bit it. His teeth came down on Seedot with sheer force, as if he used CRUNCH (?).

"Now just like you defeated Pidgey, use incinerate!"

Again Scorcher fired away at point blank range, the force making Seedot fly away a few feet. It was swaying, even then, it tried to tackle Scorcher.

"This will end it for good. Concentrate the flame in your mouth and blast away only when it comes near you."

Scorcher concentrated the fire, as the Seedot came near him. It was only a foot away.

"NOW!!!"

A huge blast of fire spouted out of Poochyena's mouth, sending the Seedot on flame. As the fire subsided, it was smoking, barely able to stand when Jupiter chucked a pokeball at it.

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
Ju Ju - Attempt at Catching a Seedot (Again)

This was the same Seedot as last time! It may have been weaker, but it wasn't going down without a fight this time! Bide charged up against every burn, every strike, and just before the Pokéball landed Seedot slammed into Poochyena with the force of every Incinerate and Bite! Satisfied that it landed such a powerful hit, Seedot had no problem enjoying its new home as it believed it staked its claim as the new head of Ju Ju's party... even though it was still a child.

Spr_5b_273.png

Level 4
Early Bird
- Bide
- Harden​

Last edited:

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Emma VanBoven
(Littleroot Town)
"Ahhh... Here at last." says Emma, entering Littleroot Town, while wishing she hadn't skipped lunch. She walks up to a man, and asks, "Excuse me, sir? You wouldn't happen to know where I could find Professor Birch's Lab, would you?"
The man says in an annoyed voice, "Just down this road,than make a left."
Emma replies, "Thank you, sir. I'll be on my way now." She walks down the road, and makes the left. She enters the lab, staring at the sheer amount of papers everywhere. "Excuse me? Professor Birch? Are you there?"
"Yes? Who is it?" said Prof. Birch, emerging from behind one of the bookcases.
"Hello, I'm Emma VanBoven, and I'm here to get my very first pokemon for my journey. May I see the choices?" says Emma enthusiastically, wondering about the choices.
"Emma? Oh yes, that Emma. Well, follow me." He leads her to the back yard, where there are 3 pokemon, Slugma, Feebas, and Phanpy. "They are all playing together right now, so which one do you want to take on your journey for the Pokemon League?" says the Prof.
"Oh, I don't want one for battling, I'm going to be a coordinator." Emma says as she observes the pokemon, carfulling deciding which she wants. "Oh my Arceus! That Phanpy is so cute with it's little ball!" She says as she watches the little pokemon play with it's ball. "I'll take him! And a sutable name for you would be... Hmm... I'll think of it later, but come on you little blue thing! We'll win the Wallace Cup for sure!" The Phanpy is excited that he was chosen, and cuddles up with Emma's leg.
"Well, here's Phanpy's pokeball, and some more for catching others along the way to Odale. Have a safe trip! Oh! I almost forgot! Here's a pokedex, for recording the data of pokemon you meet. Now, have a safe trip!" the Prof. says as Emma walks out of the lab.
"Bye! I promise to take good care of Phanpy!" Emma says, while thinking of a name for he Phanpy. "Well, Mr. Phanpy, what do you want to be called? How about Blue?" The pokemon shakes his head, "Sam? Roller?" The pokemon finally nods on the second one Emma had just mentioned. "Roller it is! Well, our journey starts here, let's go!"
"Phan! Phanpy!" says Roller in approval.

Back