• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you care if Ash's Pikachu evolved into Raichu?

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I would care if it that happened. It's been like 14 seasons and Pikachu has stayed the same. If it ever happened I'm sure many other people would care too. Pikachu seems like it doesn't really want to evolve at all.

北海道

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
Not really, maybe that will make Pikachu stop getting whooped by Pokemon that are way weaker than him (like that shameful loss on Ash's first battle with Trip)

Years
Personally, I don't mind what happens with regards to Pikachu and if he evolved, then that would be interesting although its never gonna happen as Pikachu doesn't want to evolve, period.

Guest123_x1

I'd care if Ash's Pikachu evolved, as it could potentially change the way Ash's journey turns out (and it might make Ash actually age throughout the story, instead of being 10 years old and lacking in skill all the time.)
However, to be realistic, this is never going to happen. It would confuse and discourage long time fans and new viewers, and, as I alluded to, might make it harder for Ash's skills to be reset come time to go to a new region.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
I would care...

After all of that resisting, and overcoming the problems of being a technically weaker Pokemon for 14 seasons, throwing that away would make the show lose a lot.

The fact that it was always an option because Ash always carries a Thunderstone with him, but never happened because Pikachu wanted to remain a Pikachu added something to the show... A case of having a Pokemon that isn't as strong as it can be because of a choice of it's own.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
i don't think pikachu or ash want pikachu to be a raichu, it would almost be the same if they changed pikachu to a patrat or something useless. anyway it's 15 seasons now if you count rival destinies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I would care...

After all of that resisting, and overcoming the problems of being a technically weaker Pokemon for 14 seasons, throwing that away would make the show lose a lot.

The fact that it was always an option because Ash always carries a Thunderstone with him, but never happened because Pikachu wanted to remain a Pikachu added something to the show... A case of having a Pokemon that isn't as strong as it can be because of a choice of it's own.
I don't think Ash carries a Thunderstone around, otherwise he wouldn't need one from the Trainer in "Barrier Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!" had to give Ash a Thunderstone which almost evolved Pikachu.

Too answer the thread question I don't care if it happens or not. The question I would have is why now? I am almost a %100 sure this will never happen period. So I don't really care either way cause I know the likelihood is very very very (can't stress the very enough) slim.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I want it to happen. Forget needing no extra power or whatever. It's a good moral for kids, but still... I just want to see a Raichu running around. Then again, if Pikachu evolved, the writers wouldn't able to justify its lack of power every season so well. There are just more doors opened if a Raichu appeared, like a wider movepool, to name one thing.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years
To put my answer simple, no. It's been a decade and Pikachu has had chances but now he's a glorified mascot for the franchise. I highly doubt they'd think about evolving him now. I could see it when Ash's story potentially wraps up, idk. That's a possibility and could be a great way to end his journey but tbh, I don't see it.

Tox

fight me
Years
I actually would care, even though I really like Raichu. :/ Pokémon would be dead to me if that happened. The anime have made a lot of horrible decisions but that would completely ruin my childhood. ;_;

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I wouldn't care if it did happen because I'm tired of Ash's Pikachu still being a Pikachu. I mean he's had two chances so far to evolve and he's rejected both times. It's time for his Pikachu to settle down and evolve but I doubt it'll happen.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Yes I would. Pikachu has to stay Pikachu, or if it evolves it's at the end of the anime, but not while. I can't imagine Ash with a Raichu... I would prefer that they change the protagonist with a whole new "mascot Pokémon", I wouldn't miss the electric mouse that much but I don't want it to evolve, really.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
No

I wouldn't really care if Pikachu were to evolve into Raichu. I can see it happening sometime in the future, but for now he is the logo for the Pokemon company so it's not likely at the moment.

CyanFlame

Gotta get the sauce
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Yes, I would care very much. I wouldn't watch the amine at ALL. The show would automatically be awkward.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
I think it would make it really weird to see Raichu, especially if It stayed outside it's pokeball. I could see it now. "Great job Raichu!" Raichu takes down Ash lol. I would much rather see it stay as Pikachu :D

Back