• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Age of Heroes [OOC]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Summer is coming, so everyone will have plenty of time. :D I have posted the IC, it's bound to be approved in two or three days. The time should be enough for all of you to finish your SUs. And, speaking of SUs...

Silver Ice asked for my SU, so here it is:

Name:
Ser Tsulong the Exemplar of Fire
Species: Arcanine
Elemental Mastery: Fire

From his neck always hangs the fire stone that evolved him. His eyes are crimson, ruby-like.

Personality: Tsulong was raised as a young ranger in Area 52, guided by his mentor Durand; he was brought up believing that Arceus's power must not remained sealed, for the world would slowly crumble apart without it. He is a youthful Arcanine with an upbeat and carefree attitude. He can come off childish at times, due to his stubborn and proud spirit. Despite his carefree ways, when things get hectic, he gets serious. He is rather sensitive but even when being emotional, he is giving good rationale to his speech.

Playful and optimistic, Tsulong possesses leadership qualities and a strong instinct for survival. He is so very spirited, a smile and a laugh is never far from his reach and he doesn't lets anything spoil his mood. Having grown with Elder Durand in Area 52, he has shown signs of the wisdom he has absorbed from him. But due to his age, he is also quite rash and headstrong at times. One thing he did not like about Durand is his tendency to take things easy and relax, always delaying problems and leaving them for the next day - he prefers to tackle problems directly. A lot of his personality is shaped from the comments he received by the members of Area 52, regarding his parents, who were most probably pirates; he has decided to embrace that notion and considers himself "one of the free folk," meaning he gets to do what he wants because he is kin with pirates.

Tsulong is a very proud Pokemon, and due to that, he often gets youthfully cocky and arrogant. Sometimes, he allows his emotions get the best of him, going as far as to disrespect an opponent who gave him hard time in battle. He is quite merciless in battle, as he believes those who survive against him will come back seeking vengeance, if he spares them, as it happened once when traveling through the forests beyond Tri-way town. Although he is quite self-centered and dwells on his fame and successes, he is passionately loyal to his friends and allies and cares deeply for them. He puts their protection above everything else.

It is within his understanding that he is of the last Fenju alive, despite not being born a native. Protecting Area 52 and the legacy of their civilization has become a sacred duty to him, and that very thing is driving him forward.

History: Elder Durand of Area 52 had foreseen a ship with a black flag sailing past the shores of the Fenju Plateau and another ship, burning and sinking. The former was a pirate schooner from Port Ragho, the latter a trading galley of Skyhaven; the pirate ship was escaping capture by sailing on shallow waters. Durand greeted them along the shore, and they gave him an egg with a fiery pattern, Tsulong's egg, to save the unborn canine should doom find them.

In Area 52, Tsulong was tutored on the faith of Arceus and the history of the Fenju by Durand himself. He would go ranging in the ruins of the citadel along with fellows from home. His talent for using fire quickly became clear and Durand named him a Hero of the Fire Mastery, even though he was still a Growlithe. Then, as it happened, Area 52 required eyes on the outside world; he set out at the age of twelve, in a quest to get close to the King. When in Cyala, he was obliged to join the Crimson Company, an old group of mercenaries who were bid to protect the King. At first, he was assigned with the job in the city's guard, due to his age. As the years passed, he grew to be a menace to the outlaws of Cyala, being able to outrun and bring down most of them.

When he was fifteen, he took part in a tourney of junior Pokemon that was held for King Aion's entertainment. He happened to win, and the King rewarded him with a Fire Stone for the show. By that time, he had grown to admire the King and wished to be like him. For the valor and fervor he showed in the tourney, Tsulong rose in the ranks of the Crimson Company, to be the youngest member in the history of the King's Outriders, a group of Pokemon who would openly hunt down and kill any Pokemon the King requested. Tsulong was too blinded by glory to see and understand that what he was doing was wrong. In the two years that followed, he participated in the serious tourneys, where the King himself took part as well; Tsulong didn't do as good as before, as most of the contestants were twice his age, seasoned gladiators, not green boys. Surviving those tourneys was a feat to talk about, though.

Three years prior to present, Tsulong realized that the King he idolized wasn't quite the person he thought him to be, when he and his armies set out to quell Indrasil's rebellion. Indrasil's forces were hiding in the forest, so his King picked him and other fire-type Pokemon to burn everything down. After a big part of the forest was burnt down, King Aion blocked the retreat of the Indrasilians and crushed them. Although they never found the city, it yielded, in fear that their marshes would be scourged and burnt down the same way. As a reward for their services, King Aion named those who helped him burn the forest Exemplars of Fire; Tsulong was also raised to knighthood in service of the King himself, but these seemed like hollow titles by then.

This act of his took a heavy toll on his conscience, at first. He fled Cyala to return to Area 52 to atone for what he had done. Durand though convinced him that if it was not him who would have burned the forest, it would have been someone else. Dwelling on that, his regrets quelled over time and his conscience healed, and although he was once quite faithful to his duties to the King, he decided to remain in Area 52 to help with the town's needs.

Moves: Fire Fang, Flare Blitz, Extremespeed, Dig, Iron Tail, Flamethrower
Others: He likes to Roar.

Last edited:

Dark Aura

u wot m8
Years
Hope you're still accepting SU's! I also included an Ability and TM moves- just let me know if this isn't allowed!

EDIT: Woot, a secret spot! :D Here's a fleshed out history- let me know if it's any better!

Name: Faolan the Wicked

Species: Mienshao

Elemental Mastery: Fighting

Appearance: Faolan appears, for all intents and purposes, identical to a garden-variety Mienshao aside from three defining characteristics. His colouring is much more vivid than that of the average Mienshao- where a normal member of his species would have greyish-white fur, his is as brightly pristine as snow. Where one of his species would have yellowish-cream, he has a brighter, clearer orange. The lilac that makes up the coats of most Mienshao is a deep, royal blue. He once loathed this vibrant colouration, he has come to accept it and ignore any taunts. He also keeps a leather belt with built-in pouches for any small valuables he may find.

Personality: Faolan is calm, collected and precise. He is not given to wild displays of emotion or loss of judgement. Long years spent training and honing his immense skills have given rise to an even-tempered, thoughtful male. That's not to say he has no vices, however. He has a deep, powerful pride and loathes losing. He also has a weakness for games of chance and luck. Faolan has significant pride invested in his unflappable manner and his discipline and views anyone attempting to disrupt either in a very poor light.

Faolan doesn't take risks often and breaks rules even more rarely. When he does, however, he tends to go all-out. This behaviour is seen in other manners- he tends to bottle things up until they explode. He will tolerate irritations for a long time, but once he snaps, he will fly into an almost incoherent fury that will burn harsh and bright and fast, snuffing out just as quickly once Faolan regains control of himself.

He enjoys taking walks and testing his skills. Rigorous discipline coupled with an interest into the art of war has left Faolan with an intricate understanding of battle, something he seeks to use to his advantage very often. It's rare that he approaches a battle without trying to account for every possibility and planning out his victory. If he is ever forced into a problematic situation, one in which he cannot find a flawless answer to, expect Faolan to turn rather snappish. He's also a very practical man; if something has no value, sentimental or otherwise, it is useless and must be discarded. He's generally the first in the room to suggest the difficult decision that everyone else is unwilling to speak of.

Fao is primarily a rather solitary being, but does not necessarily dislike social interaction. It's simply rather difficult when your primary interests involve bouts of meditation interspersed with many hours spent beating up inanimate objects and, when the occasion permits, people. He deeply enjoys the fight; it is something he excels at and the one time when he doesn't have to worry about pulling his punches or maintaining his endless discipline. He is highly curious, but generally knows when to err on the side of caution.

History: Little is known of Faolan. Many consider him somewhat enigmatic, but this is not the case. Most are simply too intimidated by his manner that they fear to even ask.

He was brought to this land in a ship by his Mienshao mother and Lucario father and lived a nomadic lifestyle, accompanying his parents wherever they went. It was in this way, with no fixed home or chance to settle down, that both his mother and father tutored their son in the arts of battle and survival.

Due to this upbringing, Faolan's social skills aren't the best. He is blunt and direct, often speaking with little regard for other people's feelings. In his opinion, a brutal truth is more favourable than the kindest lie.

It was in this harsh manner that Faolan was raised. Mistakes were tolerated a first time, but never a second. Giving up was rarely an option, due to both the young man's pride and the demanding nature of his parents. His childhood was relatively uneventful- awaken, train, eat, train, forage, train, an hour to do with as he wished, any other duties, train, and sleep.

When he was deemed to have grown enough, Faolan left his parents. Well, to be accurate, he was unceremoniously thrown out, as was the way for his family. He had to prove that he was capable of survival on his own.

The first years on his own were difficult, but not impossible. Faolan retained his nomadic lifestyle, rarely settling down with any single group of Pokemon or in any single area for much longer than a month or two. He survived by foraging off the land, occasionally completing tasks and doing manual labour when he passed by a town.

Eventually, he grew tired of his lifestyle and at the urging of a roguish, freedom-loving Mightyena, Faolan decided to change. He always ignored the little voice telling him that his parents would not be proud. He had spent every waking moment doing as he was told, excelling only under their terms. Now, it was Faolan's turn to do as he wished.

He stayed in urban areas for a long time, ignoring the nostalgic pangs that urged him to return to the mountains, forests and grasslands. While in the urban environment, Faolan would say that his soul was choking.

For several years, he was the top fighter in an underground fighting ring, finding no other reason to fight but for personal gain and satisfaction. It was there that his reputation turned from "nebulous" to "fearsome." In the six years he spent there, Faolan lost seven battles out of close to eighteen hundred. Out of these seven opponents, he defeated five later. The other two, he never saw again.

Friends were non-existent, only those who clung to him for protection and luxuries. After almost unintentionally beginning a protection racket, Faolan looked at his own reflection and demolished the fighting ring with his bare hands. The few who tried to stop him bear the marks of his whips to this day, as do the buildings that surrounded the now-defunct ring. The Mightyena who had first urged him to let go of his responsibilities was nowhere to be found- Faolan's body and soul had been so disconnected that he had never even noticed his single friend leave.

After leaving the ring, Faolan drifted restlessly. Now purposeless again, he had no idea what to do. He found his redemption in the training of young fighters and aiding those in need, never requesting payment beyond perhaps a meal or a place to sleep comfortably.

Now, after hearing that his services are required by someone in the relatively unknown Area 52, Faolan's curiosity drives him to at least pay a visit. Still wary of its residents, Faolan believes himself prepared for whatever comes next.

Moves: Drain Punch, Detect, Swords Dance, Aura Sphere, Acrobatics, U-Turn.

Others: Possesses the Ability of Regeneration and through his father, some proficiency with Aura. This has given him the ability to use Aura Sphere, limited telepathic communication with individuals who possess strong psychic powers and the ability to sense nearby auras. While not as strong as his father or most other trained Lucario, his abilities are still respectable.

RP Sample:

Execution was a good word in Faolan's opinion. Strong connotations, a sense of drama to it as well. An appropriate sense of finality in each syllable. A word that carried weight. As only proper, after all. It w as, for all intents and purposes, putting on a show as a criminal's life was ended. Similar to the word "assassination." An important murder- no more, no less.

A word was one thing. The action itself, however, was quite another.

Injustice was not something Faolan generally cared to entangle himself within. He had learned long ago that when one did not have all the facts at their disposal, that person tended to be in the wrong. Yet was letting such an act, if it was evil, go unpunished not simply aiding the evildoer? Choices, choices and not a spare minute to meditate. Why couldn't a Psychic simply teleport in there and perform the rescue?

It didn't matter in the end, regardless. Faolan peered through the gap in the wooden wall, making mental notes of the scene as he listened to the speaking Machoke.

"And this! This boy, this idiot! Trying to steal from our private supplies! Why would he need to do so, when we keep every Pokemon on this pathetic patch of dirt fed? Greed? Laziness, I suppose? We need to set an example! Next it will be you who he steals from! If we don't-"

That was enough of a confirmation.

Golem at the door. Zubat speaking to him, distracting him. Audience- mostly disinterested, unwilling. Will most likely panic. Magnemite at the ceiling, probably a guard. Scyther- executioner. Zigzagoon- the criminal. Machoke- the ringleader.

Yes, he had it. Faolan closed his eyes and took a moment to clear his mind, shifting and straining his limbs and preparing his body in a Swords Dance. Then he struck.

An Aura Sphere sliced through the air and smashed through the wooden wall, striking the Magnemite and putting it out of commission.

Cue the shouts...

Startled as they were, the frail Zubat and stronger Golem were both struck simultaneously by the force of a second Aura Sphere. The Golem was whipped fiercely across the face and struck with a savage Drain Punch.

Faolan exhaled. Detect. He could see what was about to happen. A last act of violence.

Faolan inhaled. In a sudden, fluid motion he leaped backwards, a powerful Acrobatics jump sending him feet-first against the Scyther's stomach. Faolan whipped him once, twice, three times and sent him hurtling into the fleeing, panicking, disorganised crowd.

Faolan exhaled. A crushing grip fixed around his arm. Faolan found himself face-to-face with the Machoke, the larger Pokemon's expression enraged. He shouted something, something Faolan couldn't hear over the crowd. With barely a flicker, Faolan lashed out with one whip, opening a cut along the larger Pokemon's nose. He was released.

Faolan inhaled. The Mienshao fell back to the ground and redoubled his assault, lashing the Machoke again and again, targeting the most painful spots he could, his attacks relentlessly vicious and quick. With a final strike across the Machoke's abdomen, a superpowered Aura Sphere sent the Machoke hurtling back through a wall.

The Fighting Master let out a final breath and surveyed the destruction. He wasn't quite sure if the expression on the Zigzagoon's face was terror or awe. After a moment's consideration, Faolan decided it didn't matter quite so much if the youngster was safe.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
@Dark Aura I like your style, the character you have created is interesting. You've earned the *secret* eighth spot. :D But you are pending, for now - I'd like you to work on Fao's History section a little bit more, before I can accept you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
LOL, I can tell that nobody is going to like Toa, at least at first.

Well, he does seem to do everything in his power not to be liked. You're like to get us all to want you gone. xD

I'm jumping straight into action, as we have waited for too long!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I can't wait to see what happens between Pierce and Toa!

I get the feeling they'll either be very good friends... Or very bitter enemies. :P

I was wondering that, too... some of the characters just seem to be able to fare better with certain others. You guys can tag along as you want through the ruins. There are some evildoers who require spanking. :D

As for you, Garet, I'll send an NPC to pick you up and update you on the situation, when you will finish your SU.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I can't wait to see what happens between Pierce and Toa!

I get the feeling they'll either be very good friends... Or very bitter enemies. :P

Lol Pierce would love to make the acquaintance of a Dark type since they share some of the same general likes and dislikes as far as their two types go. Especially since Toa has such an interesting history. Except Toa would probably too annoyed with him to care. :P

Though a friendship is possible~

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Out of everyone, I think Vincent would probably get along the best with Tsulong, Greiger's Alakazam whom I forgot the name of, and Cloe, considering ice and water usually mix very well :P

I need to get home from school and then I'll write up a post, Vincent is probably going to suggest going two-and-two for safety and more oomph in their attacks. Plus, from an OOC point of view, it's always more interesting to RP with/off of someone else than just writing a novel on your own ;P

Silver Ice

Into the night...
Years
Sorry guys, I would have had my SU done, but I had some unexpected Mothers' Day plans! I'll finish that tomorrow after school and write up another post.

As far as character relations go, I'm gonna hold off on any predictions :p

Edit: Finished her history (sorry, it was kind of rushed), just need an RP Sample now :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Sorry guys, I would have had my SU done, but I had some unexpected Mothers' Day plans! I'll finish that tomorrow after school and write up another post.

As far as character relations go, I'm gonna hold off on any predictions :p

Edit: Finished her history (sorry, it was kind of rushed), just need an RP Sample now :)

Consider your post in the IC a RP sample. Cloe is accepted!

Last edited:
Back