• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
Wow, I fail XD. Sorry, I'm used to my starters evolving at 16. And I haven't trained a Totodile in years.

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
This looks like a very good hack. I'm about to go play it cause pokemon crystal was my favorite pokemon game. haha, btw if you need some tiles hit me up, im a tile artist.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I really want to play Pokemon in the Johto region. Hoping for some kind of release soon!
Sorry to say, there won't be a new release for a while. The next beta is going to be about finishing the Johto quest (up to the League) and it'll take a while to get there. But don't worry, it'll happen eventually. :P
I've got a question, will you be able to run into Hoenn Pokemon so far?
So far, no. But I'm planning the Sevii Islands to have them in, so you'll eventually be able to have all 386 Pokémon catchable.
If this has less glitches and crashes than Liquid Crystal, I'm definitely in for a Nuzlocke of the final beta. Good luck with this project, there are many hills to overcome when it comes to Emerald hacks. :D
All right, I can't wait to see that!
I finished my soul silver rom. Because i wanted to play silver in colour and have a pokemon follow me. Now i'd like to play this to to see if it compares to the actual game. Looks good though, i am not to fond of emerald though.
Okay then, I hope this lives up to your expectations!
I love this hack! You might wanna fix up the PokéDex, though. And no offense, but I like this better than your other hack, Shining Opal.
The PokéDex? Already fixed. :D
A bug I have encountered while playing..
My Totodile is level 17 and still hasn't evolved. I didn't even stop the evolution, it's just that the evolution hasn't even come yet.

These evolve at Lv. 18.
(25charlimit)

Wow, I fail XD. Sorry, I'm used to my starters evolving at 16. And I haven't trained a Totodile in years.
Great to see you guys sorted that out!

Hey, this is a great hack. I'll check from time to time if you've published a new beta.

I found a glitch. When the "DUDE" teaches me how to catch Pokemon, instead of catching it, he made it faint. He still talked to me later as if he caught it.
Yeah, my bad. Not enough testing with the levels.
Wish I could remove the battling part completely, though, and have it be more like GSC.
This looks like a very good hack. I'm about to go play it cause pokemon crystal was my favorite pokemon game. haha, btw if you need some tiles hit me up, im a tile artist.
All right, I'll take you up on your offer.
Check your PM box.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
oh man that was awesome, i loved everything about it!
except... snubbull can't learn headbutt, and paras can't learn rock smash
and also this is way awesomer then shiny gold :D

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Ayyyyy, I have just played through this game one more and almost cried when it was over. Just wanted to remind you that we are all anticipating the next release. I hope you have not given up. If you need some inspiration, try playing this game and you won't regret it.

Sierraffinity

Years
oh man that was awesome, i loved everything about it!
except... snubbull can't learn headbutt, and paras can't learn rock smash
and also this is way awesomer then shiny gold :D
The reason that Snubbull can't learn Headbutt is because I haven't finished the TM assignments for all the Pokémon. Also, thanks for commenting!
Ayyyyy, I have just played through this game one more and almost cried when it was over. Just wanted to remind you that we are all anticipating the next release. I hope you have not given up. If you need some inspiration, try playing this game and you won't regret it.
Well... that's being a bit overdramatic, don't you think? :P
Anyways, thanks for the post. I haven't been working on CrystalDust for a while because of other things, and I think your post might help me to get back to work.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
I just started playing this, and it looks really good. I have one question that pertains to evolution. Are you going to make the trade evolutions level evolutions?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2016
I cannot wait til the second beta comes out I love how it feels when you actually play and compare it to the original

~|Sora|~

Gold and Silver Remake.
Years
Hi everyone!
Well, I just love this hack.
Los Tiles style FR / LG are great, I've always liked to see Johto with those tiles, the truth, they are very nice maps with those graphics.
As can be seen in the videos and images, maps are pretty well drawn and detailed.
The scripts are great, are not failures and the texts are pretty good.
Indeed, the Video page 6 of the topic, I saw an error in the name of the region map is not Johto Tohjo if ... yes, can look very similar names, but there is a difference between those two places.
The OW's all great, we can see very well with the graphics and I like a lot, especially the Rival OW n_n
Besides the error I said above, I see no fault or anything that is strange.
For a lot of luck with the Hack and prosper :)
I expect more updates and news on the Remake.
Greetings, friend!

Att. ~|Sora|~.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
I saw an error in the name of the region map is not Johto Tohjo if ... yes, can look very similar names, but there is a difference between those two places.
That was not meant to be an error. He combined Johto and Kanto onto one map and called it Tohjo. He said that now there is a way around it so the next beta should have separate maps with their respective region names :)

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I haven't been working on CrystalDust for a while because of other things, and I think your post might help me to get back to work.

I really hope to see you back working on this. The idea of making this resemble the orignal as close as possible is just awesome (Seeing how crystal ws an awesome game). I cant wait to see some updates and cool ASM things. =D

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
Hello.
I've played up until the end of Beta 1. I have a few comments:
Good
-One of the best quality hacks that I have seen/played in quite a while.
-Nice sprite upgrades.
-Sticks to the original game (meaning no added features)
Errors
-Spaces at the top and bottom of the menu.
-Sprite goes funny when I fish.
-Also can't catch anything (says it got away EVERYTIME).
-Sand leading to rock tunnel and outside Cherrygrove for example is different than other sand (Other sand leaves footprints).

I don't know if some of the things that I pointed out is by design.

Sierraffinity

Years
I just started playing this, and it looks really good. I have one question that pertains to evolution. Are you going to make the trade evolutions level evolutions?
I might in the future, although it isn't high on the list of importance right now.
I cannot wait til the second beta comes out I love how it feels when you actually play and compare it to the original
Thanks!
Hi everyone!
Well, I just love this hack.
Los Tiles style FR / LG are great, I've always liked to see Johto with those tiles, the truth, they are very nice maps with those graphics.
As can be seen in the videos and images, maps are pretty well drawn and detailed.
The scripts are great, are not failures and the texts are pretty good.
Indeed, the Video page 6 of the topic, I saw an error in the name of the region map is not Johto Tohjo if ... yes, can look very similar names, but there is a difference between those two places.
The OW's all great, we can see very well with the graphics and I like a lot, especially the Rival OW n_n
Besides the error I said above, I see no fault or anything that is strange.
For a lot of luck with the Hack and prosper :)
I expect more updates and news on the Remake.
Greetings, friend!

Att. ~|Sora|~.
Thanks for the review. But, as said below...
That was not meant to be an error. He combined Johto and Kanto onto one map and called it Tohjo. He said that now there is a way around it so the next beta should have separate maps with their respective region names :)
Thanks for responding so quickly!
I really hope to see you back working on this. The idea of making this resemble the orignal as close as possible is just awesome (Seeing how crystal ws an awesome game). I cant wait to see some updates and cool ASM things. =D
All right, thanks for the support!
Hello.
I've played up until the end of Beta 1. I have a few comments:
Good
-One of the best quality hacks that I have seen/played in quite a while.
-Nice sprite upgrades.
-Sticks to the original game (meaning no added features)
Errors
-Spaces at the top and bottom of the menu. If you mean in the start menu, those are there even in the normal Emerald.
-Sprite goes funny when I fish. Yeah, I don't have all of the sprites done for fishing.
-Also can't catch anything (says it got away EVERYTIME). You probably don't press A in time.
-Sand leading to rock tunnel and outside Cherrygrove for example is different than other sand (Other sand leaves footprints).

I don't know if some of the things that I pointed out is by design. The footprints are by design.
Responses above in bold.

Sierraffinity

Years
Hey everyone! A small update here:
I have finished almost all of Ecruteak City (all events you can access the first time, anyways) and finally got Surf (and Morty's badge) so I could show you my regional map hack I made a while ago:

The video doesn't show some things like the Pokédex map and the lighting-up points (as well as the Fly map) but it gets the job done pretty well.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
It's nice to finally see a functional PokeGear. Were you not able to fit cerulean cape on the map? At 0:38 the dude kinda flinches ;) Is it possible that we can see some kind of de-capitalization for all the Pokemon and the menu?

Sierraffinity

Years
It's nice to finally see a functional PokeGear. Thanks.
Were you not able to fit cerulean cape on the map? Well, it's because my map maker quit on me and I had to do with what I had. It's still on there, you just can't see it right now.
At 0:38 the dude kinda flinches ;) He decided to turn away right as I activated the event.
Is it possible that we can see some kind of de-capitalization for all the Pokemon and the menu? Nope, it wasn't like that in Crystal.
Responses in bold.
Also, do you have anything to say about the actual feature? XD

Back