• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
remember menonabhi123 from shinyhunterunited?
we were teammates in the team shiny hunting thing dude!

ah, yes. and we would still be teammates had Zabi not banned me for annoying him. not a real reason to ban someone, but to each his own

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
shiny Virizion
shiny Spearow
Shiny Heracross
first shiny johto starter appeared
Good job guys, but do you mind sharing some of the luck? :cheeky:

a magikarp. F...M...L.....
What are you talking about? Magikarp is a great shiny :classic:

Can mew be gotten LEGIT in shiny form
No, unfortunately. :disappoin

i may as well post up all my hunts since im here:
Someone's got there hands full :P

i may as well post all of my shinies for the Shiny Dex
That's quite an impressive list of shinies, I want to get that many *resumes shiny hunting*

I have been chasing Shiny Unown, up to 1500 RE's. Can't wait till I get Unown, so I can pursue Surskit and Gulpin (or maybe Charmander or Ponyta)

Good luck to us all, maybe all the recent shinies will give Unown the inspiration to shine

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Well, I have some luck :D I just got my shiny Ho-oh in Soul Silver. It took 4704 SRs. Not too bad a hunt, couldve been worse. My synchronizer failed and its Naive nature, but I dont really care because I got it. Now Im not sure what to go after. I could go after Mesprit in Diamond or something else. I really dont know now, but at least the current hun t is over.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Hey guys,

I asked Latios Master if I could share my shiny hunter tournament here with you, and he said it was ok, so it'd be really nice if u could join my 'SHEF2011' ! (do notice that this tournament is on youtube, and not here on PC, so in order to participate, you need a YT account)
Rules:

And to register, comment on this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjmd9t4zOTQ

Thanks for your time guys!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I just got my shiny Ho-oh in Soul Silver.

My first shiny johto starter appeared

Congrats!!

I'm hatching for a Shiny Mareep.

Good luck!

This week's random hunt is... Snivy!

Yay! The Hunt of the Week is finally something I'm already hunting! There's a chance I might win this week! :cer_laugh:

Oh, and the Hunt of the Week should totally be called the Hot W. That just sounds so much cooler, right? :pink_smile:

shiny hunter tournament

Sounds great! Unfortunately, I don't record videos (my phone can only record for 30 seconds) and don't really have as much time to hunt as I'd like right now, but good luck! I hope your tournament turns out to be a huge success. :)

Last edited:
Years
Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

To clarify, I did not leave because of allowing emulators. I left because Landorus was being unfair to G-Money. The club had lost its friendly atmosphere that made it fun to be at.
I am actually satisfied with Landorus's set of restricted emulator rules. Now back to reading.

G-Money has offered for me to take over as owner. Right now, I don't have the free time available to serve as owner very well. I would also likely fall very far behind on maintaining the first post, taking us right back to where we are now.
I would be happy to serve as a co-owner with what free time I do have, but I would prefer for G-Money to be the club's owner. He's much more dedicated than I am and almost never gets angry, so he would do an excellent job as owner.

I haven't been hunting very much at all in my months of absence. I got the 3DS and Pokédex 3D got me a bit into the spirit of playing my games again. I'm in major need of reorganizing my games and setting them up right for all of my competitive/shiny needs, and I'll be sure to do this at the next chance I get.
Most of my free time right now is taken up working on the commercial iPhone version of osu!, osu!stream. It's a ton of work and, combined with my day job, leaves me little time for Pokémon.
I see the crunch lifting for the most part this December, so I guess you'll see more of me then.

I want to get an external shiny dex database running on a private server eventually. It will make updating things easier and alleviate concerns about whether something "counts" or not. Everything there would count; they would all be filed under various categories, allowing for visitors to choose for themselves which kinds of shinies they'd like to see.

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
Hey shiny hunters!

Landorus has relinquished ownership of the club, and I have agreed to become the new owner. MetalMario and Latios Master will be the co-owners.

I was thinking about merging this thread with the original one, but I wanted to get your input first. The way I see it, having control of the first post isn't necessary - Landorus went over two months without editing the first post, and the old club survived for 6 years (!!) after the owner originally left. I think a club can thrive without necessarily having up-to-date info in the first post, as we've gotten along very well over the past couple of months without it. I know that personally, I only looked at the first post when I initially joined and I didn't really check it after that. New members could probably figure out what's going on pretty easily, and there aren't any major rule changes that would necessitate the making of a new post.

Still, I'm willing to consider any suggestions or ideas anyone has about this. If you guys really, really want me to add a post to the beginning of the thread, I'd be up for doing that. But right now, my plan is to merge this with the original thread so that the entire history of shiny hunting can be chronicled in a single place. *epic trumpets*

I want to get an external shiny dex database running on a private server eventually. It will make updating things easier and alleviate concerns about whether something "counts" or not. Everything there would count; they would all be filed under various categories, allowing for visitors to choose for themselves which kinds of shinies they'd like to see.

MM, I'm so glad you're back!! :pink_boogie:

That's a perfect solution to the whole "if something counts"!! Categorizing the acquisition methods perfectly solves the whole situation. :)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Hello everyone, and congrats to new shinies.

Good to see you back MM.

To G-Money:

Don't know what to say, if everyone agrees then it's ok.

About my target, still trying to get it, don't know if it's hopeless or if the game is programed with some sort of code/glitch or anything so that the shiny will never appear (I'm not talking about Reshiram/Zekrom/Victiny); ofcourse I'll not give up.

That's all for now, cya.

Edit: at last I have good news, finaly, recently got my target. Pics coming soon.

Last edited:
Years
If the mods think it's okay, I have no problems with that.
I know phpbb supports a "change post owner" option; I don't know if there's something similar in vBulletin or not. If so, we could use that to change the owner of the first post to keep it up to date with current club ownership.

Whenever I get back into the swing of Pokémon things, I will be playing Advance for a while to try and finish up all my old tasks from there, including breeding a competitve team for the Battle Frontier. Wish me luck in finding shinies while I train!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
here i am again, jumping the queue!!!

ugh, still cant post pictures...........

Found a Wooper in Ruin Valley just a few minutes ago, i was hoping for Yanma or Natu, but ill take him to complete the set. i didnt count my encounters for this hunt, unfortunately, but it took me about a week for him to come after Heracross and Spearow. Strangely, my last two shinies are pink.....

Found him as i was watching some Let's Plays and watching TV, so i wasnt quite paying attention to my game, but my sound was up, so i heard it right away. not sure what im gonna hunt next in my FireRed, may hit that Random Site to help.

To G: i havent been here long enough, but i say go ahead with combining the two forums.

Edit: Random gave me a few places, but i decided to chose Route 25. i hope to acquire an Abra or an Oddish

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
To G-Money: I'm fine with whatever decision you make.

I'm working on re-hatching my team. I MMed for Gastly yesterday and Axew today.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Here's the pic I told last time:
View attachment 62402

Really nice in my opinion, now going for the next one. Also only used him in the first gym, I'll try the same in the other gyms. Of course the first gym is an easy task, like in every generation.

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
Awesome, I'm really glad to see that everyone's cool with the merging idea. I'll wait until the morning in case other club members post in the meantime, and if everyone agrees I'll put in the request when I get up tomorrow.

Found a Wooper in Ruin Valley just a few minutes ago

Congrats!! And you just got one, too. *places Keruso back at bottom of luck queue* :pink_laugh:

Here's the pic I told last time:
View attachment 62402

Haha, nice! That's exactly who I'm going after, "lol." 280 resets so far - I'm lucky to get 50 done in a day, they take so long! Oh, and it's the Hot W! You should get something to put in your sig for a week or something. *goes to make a Hot W gif*

EDIT: I wonder how much I would have to pay people to look at this, let alone put it in their sigs:

ab70366d5327300699b4366c01fce6f4.gif

And if you're wondering if this is the most hideous disgrace ever known to the world of art, you just might be right. My apologies to everyone who has a W in their name, likes fire, or has the least bit of respect for the alphabet and representations of motion. :cer_laugh:

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Hi guys! I haven't posted in months! Welcome to all the new members we got while I was gone, and congrats to everybody who got a shiny.

I was hunting Feebas by Masuda Method on and off for the last couple of months, and today I hatched some Charmander - I remember stopping that Charmander hunt because it would not shine after over a thousand eggs. I'm going to continue it again, and not give up this time.

G-Money, that flaming W isn't bad, don't be hard on yourself lol. Also, I support the merging of this club with the old one.

Years
It's good to be back.

7Qti

nick summary page 1 page 2

I had just evolved my Vanillite and was heading out of the cave to go continue training in Dragonspiral Tower when my genV dream shiny showed up! ^^ Interestingly, I was in the same Tim Hortons where I found shiny Graveler years earlier, and Boldore is like Graveler's 5th-gen knock-off.

Vinifera is blue tiberium.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
Gosh, I haven't posted in ages! It's great to see everyone's new shiny encounters!
The only shiny's I've acquired are a Swablu, Houndoom and Audino via Trade.

G-Money

Years
After many moons spent in exile, the heroes stood fatigued. They were weakened and tired, but resolute. They had picked up many friends along the way, and now the band looked over the horizon and saw, at last, their destination before them. Their arduous journey was complete.

They were home. :)

Unnecessarily Epic Intro = We're back online!! The merging is complete. :cer_wink:

I remember stopping that Charmander hunt because it would not shine after over a thousand eggs. I'm going to continue it again, and not give up this time.

G-Money, that flaming W isn't bad, don't be hard on yourself lol.

Welcome back, Night!! We (collectively) were able to weather nearly 8 months in exile - use that determination to fuel your quest! You will get shiny Charmander!

*uses Jedi mind trick*

"lol" @ flaming W

my genV dream shiny showed up! ^^

Huge congrats! Gigalith might just be the best 5th gen shiny there is - those light blue gems look amazing!

Haha, nice coincidence about the location.

Gosh, I haven't posted in ages! It's great to see everyone's new shiny encounters!
The only shiny's I've acquired are a Swablu, Houndoom and Audino via Trade.

It's great to see you post, Giraffe! Haha, it's been about 6 months. Congrats on those shinies (GTS hunting, haha)! Are you hunting something now?

-----------

Happy Halloween, everybody! May you all catch Ghost shinies tonight! :t092:

Years
So uh, what's your plan for dealing with the first post? It should at least be brought up to date with the current rules. I don't think any of us were registered at the time it was made. You should look into whether it's possible to get a post's owner changed.

Happy Halloween, and good luck to all at finding ghost and dark shinies today! I might slip into the Celestic Tower once I've finished EVing my new crystalline friend.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Happy Halloween! :)

Congrats on the shiny Snivy, Chr. Draco! You are the first member to win a random shiny hunt contest.

Congrats on the shiny Wooper, Keruso!

Congrats on the shiny Boldore, MetalMario!

This week's random hunt is... Magnemite! Sorry for posting this late.

I'm happy to see the merge happen. I checked to see when I posted in the old thread, and I made one post in October 2004 (on page 1) before returning in May of this year.

I spent a lot of time on Halloween MMing for Litwick, but no luck.

Back