• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Just downloaded and found billions of bugs.
1. When you go into the lab, you can't talk to the professor.
2. When you go upstairs, all the starters say "the grass pokemon" like, Cyndaquil, the grass pokemon.
3. When you choose one, then Larcoon's voice comes out of nowhere, and you are frozen because the text repeats itself after the last line.
4. When you start the game, and you choose MALE, you can't name yourself. You have to hit "OK" and deal with a random name that changes every time.
--
This game needs a LOT of work, but shows a lot of promise. Good luck!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update!

Before I start this long update, how are you guys finding waiting two months in between updates? It is a lot of waiting, but they are very large ones each time. So please tell me what you think.

Newbattlegraphics-1.png

So first things first, the new battle interface. When I made the first one, I was pretty pleased with it, but looking back it was actually quite outdated and unprofessional. This one fits in with the new style XENOTIME is using for menus etcetera, and in my opinion looks a ton better.
Apart from the graphical changes, now that the new wide screen resolution is being used, there's enough room for the player to stand by their 'mon, as well as the enemy. I was also thinking of making the player move a little when commanding different things, but it'd take too long to make the enemy do the same, so it may look incomplete. The last change is the little Poke balls below the status bars. It's pretty obvious what these do: show how many Pokémon you and the enemy has. It's like in the 4th gen games, but on the top screen. One more thing to note is that I still haven't implemented animated sprites (only when entering battle, not B/W style), so I don't know if it will be easy enough to do yet.

xenotime_demo_1_0_screens_by_peekychew-d3dvxpg.png

Ok, the next part of the update is a long set of brand new screens. As you can see in the title at the top, these will be in version 1.0 of the demo, which is set for release this summer. Unlike previous screens I've shown, this shows a lot more of the story off - so now you won't have to play the error ridden demo. There isn't really much more to note about these screens, so you'll just have to look at them instead of read about them xD

Okytoregionmap6-1.png

And now the final part of the update, the updated (using that word too much) region map. There aren't many differences in the map, only a couple new areas and some changes in route layout, but as you can see it's in a new curved design. Apart from looking cool, this'll allow it to work a lot better in game, although I don't actually know how yet.

---------------------------------------
@Rossay: Thanks for the suggestion. I've changed so it's much easier to read now.

@Kninj: Thanks, they're actually the most popular part of XENOTIME right now. It is actually available on Mac, just search Windows on Mac and you'll find the options to get it all working.

@Cypher DS: Wow, massive post. Thank you for all of the recommendations and bug reports, it really helps. I'd like to reply to your post with one just as long, but sadly I don't have the time to right now.

@Toony: The game is designed to be played using the FR/LG font, try switching to that.

@Atomic Reactor: I considered doing that with the gyms, but as you say, it is a lot of work.
Thanks, everyone loves cute baby's xD
Other people have commented on the design of the hair, so that'll be changing soon. You'll just have to cope with the colour though, as that's staying xD
Thanks again!

@shadowtogepi: You can't exactly choose it, but if you save just before getting it you can by resetting.

@SegNin: Thanks for the bug report, it really helps me!

@Jisatsu: I found most of them on deviantART, but edited them all.

@Freak A: Hey Freak A! I know, everyone else seems to have left, but XENOTIME has stayed xD Thanks for the good luck as well!

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Update!

Before I start this long update, how are you guys finding waiting two months in between updates? It is a lot of waiting, but they are very large ones each time. So please tell me what you think.

Newbattlegraphics-1.png

So first things first, the new battle interface. When I made the first one, I was pretty pleased with it, but looking back it was actually quite outdated and unprofessional. This one fits in with the new style XENOTIME is using for menus etcetera, and in my opinion looks a ton better.
Apart from the graphical changes, now that the new wide screen resolution is being used, there's enough room for the player to stand by their 'mon, as well as the enemy. I was also thinking of making the player move a little when commanding different things, but it'd take too long to make the enemy do the same, so it may look incomplete. The last change is the little Poke balls below the status bars. It's pretty obvious what these do: show how many Pokémon you and the enemy has. It's like in the 4th gen games, but on the top screen. One more thing to note is that I still haven't implemented animated sprites (only when entering battle, not B/W style), so I don't know if it will be easy enough to do yet.

xenotime_demo_1_0_screens_by_peekychew-d3dvxpg.png

Ok, the next part of the update is a long set of brand new screens. As you can see in the title at the top, these will be in version 1.0 of the demo, which is set for release this summer. Unlike previous screens I've shown, this shows a lot more of the story off - so now you won't have to play the error ridden demo. There isn't really much more to note about these screens, so you'll just have to look at them instead of read about them xD

Okytoregionmap6-1.png

And now the final part of the update, the updated (using that word too much) region map. There aren't many differences in the map, only a couple new areas and some changes in route layout, but as you can see it's in a new curved design. Apart from looking cool, this'll allow it to work a lot better in game, although I don't actually know how yet.

---------------------------------------
@Rossay: Thanks for the suggestion. I've changed so it's much easier to read now.

@Kninj: Thanks, they're actually the most popular part of XENOTIME right now. It is actually available on Mac, just search Windows on Mac and you'll find the options to get it all working.

@Cypher DS: Wow, massive post. Thank you for all of the recommendations and bug reports, it really helps. I'd like to reply to your post with one just as long, but sadly I don't have the time to right now.

@Toony: The game is designed to be played using the FR/LG font, try switching to that.

@Atomic Reactor: I considered doing that with the gyms, but as you say, it is a lot of work.
Thanks, everyone loves cute baby's xD
Other people have commented on the design of the hair, so that'll be changing soon. You'll just have to cope with the colour though, as that's staying xD
Thanks again!

@shadowtogepi: You can't exactly choose it, but if you save just before getting it you can by resetting.

@SegNin: Thanks for the bug report, it really helps me!

@Jisatsu: I found most of them on deviantART, but edited them all.

@Freak A: Hey Freak A! I know, everyone else seems to have left, but XENOTIME has stayed xD Thanks for the good luck as well!

wow..
I would have to say i rarely, very rarely post here on the game dev section just browsing around but this updates really caught my eye..
Truly beautiful graphics you got there.
I love every single detail you post here as the update.
I read your first post and the other screens and i am truly impress.
I really want to try this one..xD..
Is this what i can do in game dev which i can't do in Hacking?
haha, now i am leaning both sides..haha,

Atomic Reactor

The curved map looks pretty cool, i don't see the point in doing it, but it looks cool haha :)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
dem graphics. loving it. Nice to see you're changing up the battle screen a bit. keeping the trainers in there is a nice touch.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
I cant wait when this game released... when will it be released anyway??
Sorry for the Question...

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
^against the rules!

It's near impossible to know when/if a game will be finished.
The beta's is out. download and enjoy.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
I cant wait when this game released... when will it be released anyway??
Sorry for the Question...

If you're sorry for the question then don't ask it, quite simple to look at the rules first before posting.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2011
Just downloaded the demo, but is it possible to continue from demo into the 1.0 version? Like a code, or just copy the selected files into the new version?
Really looking forward to try this out!

fliyer

played more than 2000 hours-_-
Years
  • Age 30
  • S.D.
  • Seen Jul 3, 2016
i just downloaded the demo and am about to play it and am wanting to know if their iss or will be in the future a way to put pokemon games made on rmxp onto a gba cartridge >.> i would love to play obsidian, uranium and xenotime on a gba one day <.<

Years
This is really a wonderful looking game and I also love the idea of the trainer staying in the battle screen. The babies are cute too, I'm looking forward to 1.0!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haha, love the similar Pinsir / Scyther babies :D
Inserting trainers into the battle screen is good too.

Might I make a suggestion? You shouldn't include 5th Gen. pokémon, particularly as you've managed to limit your Regional Pokédex by only thinking of Gen I-IV. You'd either have to rework that, or it wouldn't seem right...

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
Your maps are really good I must say. But speaking about pallets... I don't know what to say. I'm sorry but your pallets are really not good. They are really unrealistic. I hope you will do something about that. Other than that, your game looks amazing. Keep up the good work !

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I really love your pallette it looks gorgoeus. Also I like the battle background which finishes with the blurry landscape background of the normal games, also I like your pokedex so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back