• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Why can't I get over the thought of that picture looking like what it does though??! Haha...it's like stuck in my mind now that someone had brought it up.

Subjective thinking. You want something related to what it could be. Therefore when you see that picture you see what you want to see in it rather than the nothing that is in the picture. Its like taking a Rorschach test. Its just ink blots with no definite form yet everyone that looks at them sees something that isn't on the paper.

The same thing can be said for all the "Hints". We want them to be in the game, therefore we see them even if they aren't exactly what we see.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
That was more of a rhetorical question, haha. It doesn't stand out exactly as remakes or Gen VI or anything, but I guess in a sense it's like what you pointed out because I still see it looking like a 3DS screen in standby mode. Eh...

Last edited:
Years
I'd say the most likely thing the announcement could be would be a silhouette of a new Pokemon, then said Pokemon would get revealed in corocoro this month.

... And let the hype die down.

For something next generation, I doubt people can wait for more than half a year.
BW announcement -> release (Japanese) was only about 5 months and I already see people going crazy.

We started hearing rumors of new Pokemon for gen 5 on Janurary 6, 2010, and the games were release on September 18, 2010, which is a 8 month gap.

What I'm still curious about is that gray cloud-like picture that mentions that Game Freak is hoping to announce something to us on the 8th. Even though it's a given that the next main games will be released on the 3DS, I swear the picture looks like a 3DS in standby mode, with the image in the background blurred. I took a closer look when I saw someone suggesting that the announcement could be 'behind the cloud'.

The 8th can't come soon enough...

It's probably just the reflection of the person taking the picture.

Yeah, like you don't need to acsess the dream world by accsessing the internet!

....Which would be impossible.

You can take the literal approach as a great many are doing...though...I really do not want a 4th Gen repeat of massive amount of evolutions.

May be what it is though, just like the past two even generations. I really hope its not considering those two are my least favorite gens.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
There is a countdown embedded into the page that is not yet visible:
/*
CountDown Unit
*/
#important_announce #cdUnit{
position: relative;
width: 480px;
height: 63px;
margin: 0 auto;
background: url(/ex/important_announce/images/page_cd_bg.png) no-repeat 0 0;
}

So, a countdown should be up later. It would make sense for Msauda/Morimoto to foreshadow the announcement on Smash, which would then lead to the countdown going up (hopefully).

Nepse

Dragonite<3
Years
That was more of a rhetorical question, haha. It doesn't stand out exactly as remakes or Gen VI or anything, but I guess in a sense it's like what you pointed out because I still see it looking like a 3DS screen in standby mode. Eh...

Well, to me it looks more like the Unova region, which would make sense since this was at the end of a BW2 trailer (BTW did anyone actually see the trailer, because all I've seen is a picture. If none of us have seen the trailer then we can only guess how the announcement appeared; the fog could have covered up the possible Unova region background). If you look at giancarloparimango11's video freeze at the pic, put the quality to 720p and look closely under the 6th and 7th "letter thingy" on the second line, you can barely see Opelucid City through the mist. Here's a map for comparison:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There is a countdown embedded into the page that is not yet visible:

So, a countdown should be up later. It would make sense for Msauda/Morimoto to foreshadow the announcement on Smash, which would then lead to the countdown going up (hopefully).
They actually don't have to mention anything if it isn't related to thier games. TPC runs the pokemon.co.jp site. So if it is Anime or movie related, neither of them may say or hint at anything.

Do we have a translation of what is on that page?

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
They actually don't have to mention anything if it isn't related to thier games. TPC runs the pokemon.co.jp site. So if it is Anime or movie related, neither of them may say or hint at anything.

Do we have a translation of what is on that page?

This translation isn't the most accurate but...

Latest pokemon information will be out for everyone on Jan 8 2013!
Do not miss it! Bookmark this page! Do not forget to check back!

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah if you're using Google Chrome it will translate to this:

"From "Pokemon" on this page, I will tell you up-to-date information to everyone! On Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Do not miss it! Come and bookmark it, check this page do not forget!"

january-8th-announcement.jpg

It certainly looks like it's something big the way they've worded it, also the URL includes "/important_announce/". But I tell you now, if this is another Unova-based game I won't be impressed.

Btw can anybody translate the wording in the image?

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Yeah if you're using Google Chrome it will translate to this:

"From "Pokemon" on this page, I will tell you up-to-date information to everyone! On Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Do not miss it! Come and bookmark it, check this page do not forget!"

january-8th-announcement.jpg

It certainly looks interesting due to the fact that the URL has important_ announcement under it. But I tell you now, if this is another Unova-based game I won't be impressed.

I dunno but I feel that Unova is one of the worst regions Gamefreak has ever created.

I really don't get why they hype it so much. It's boring and dull.

blue

gucci
Years
I dunno but I feel that Unova is one of the worst regions Gamefreak has ever created.

I really don't get why they hype it so much. It's boring and dull.

It's not so much that it's a bad region, I think Unova is a great region but it's had two appearances now and I think that B2W2 should be the last we see of it, if they were to reveal say B3W3 then that would just be a little too far IMO.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
It's not so much that it's a bad region, I think Unova is a great region but it's had two appearances now and I think that B2W2 should be the last we see of it, if they were to reveal say B3W3 then that would just be a little too far IMO.

To me it doesn't appeal too much as the other regions. Hoenn was a region of sea. Sinnoh was a region of legends. Kanto and Johto together were like a close bond. Unova? Eh... Not so sure. Maybe variety?

Unova isn't bad, no region is bad IMO really. I just feel that it doesn't really live up the hype as the other regions. Or maybe I'm getting too sick of Unova.

Years
Don't get me wrong. I liked Unova, but going thorugh it three times in a row in one generation is just redundant in my opinion. Look we will see Unova back again one day either in a different game in another generation or in a Remake if the main series Pokemon games continues for a very long time.

But then again if it is Black 3 and White 3 or Gray. Then I bet most of us here are going to buy it anyway.

Last edited:
Years
I noticed something else that could be one more hint to an rse remake or absolutely something intirely different that could be a guess to this all being effortless ( as far as rse goes)
The last games that the evil teams wanted to use a legend to change the geography of a region was ruby sapphire emerald line.
In bw2 the new plasma faction are trying to use kyurem to freeze unova. It is almost the same if you remove the first black and white and look at it without the dragon legend.
At first i didnt see it this way. I saw it as convenient trouble making for the plasma crew but then on another playthrough i noticed in the dialogue between you and one of the seven sages outside of the gym he actually sais that they want to turn unova to ice.
So this to me could be taken as a light hint in similarity.
Unfortunately im starting to see things a different way...
Maybe they felt like hoenn wont be revisited for quite some time because they had already begun a 6th gen development. So they tried to implement a whole bunch of hoenn elements to keep what hoenn was in a sense, from getting stale.
I surely hope this isnt the case...
What with the little things that were added for no apparent reason...
The aqua and magma grunts
And the gamefreak employees dialogue change
( reversal mountain, marlon, humilau, lentimas, geography manipulation, two factions at war resembling two teams, hm dive etc.)
All of those other things can support both theories equally.
But the aqua and magma grunts, and the gf employee have no purpose...other than nostalgia for the grunts and hint for the employee...
But if nostalgia was what they were going for why would they put the grunts in a house only accessible one season of the year in a town only accessible after the main story line...

Nepse

Dragonite<3
Years
Regarding the upcoming announcement, it seems pokemon.com is doing a countdown of their own: "Pokémon Fans! Check back in 4 days for major news!"

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Well the American site is talking about the announcement now so if a new game maybe a international announcement. I mean BW2 localization was pretty short , so maybe from now on Nintendo and Nintendo of America will be working together more closely to cut down localization or even have u.s and Japanese release dates the same.
Heck maybe Game Freak is expanding

Years
Bulbapedia's news twitter account just tweeted that the announcement will be international. So I think there will be something big announced if that's true.

blue

gucci
Years
So America too? It certainly must be something important. The fact that it's gone the way it has, I can't really call what this announcement might be. At first it seemed logical that it was the next games since it was only Japan making announcement preparation but now that it's International, it's definitely something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back