• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Window Shopping

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
If you're a regular Trade Corner member or a lurker just testing out the waters, we're all guilty of window shopping in the Trade Shops sub-forum. Some of us go looking for a particular Pokémon. Others simply skim through until they find something that catches their eyes. Then there's a select few who simply like to admire member's shops. So what's your reason for window shopping?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I do that quite a lot haha, I try to see if anybody has recently obtained an event Pokemon I still need (trying to hit that 500 mark!). Otherwise I do it when I'm really bored, was looking for things to criticize, or even stuff to report (though I'm mod now haha)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I like to poke around from time to time, certainly. I'm the kind of person who doesn't trade in RNGed Pokemon though, so the number of things that pique my interest is usually smaller. Certainly any cool events won't matter, but outside of that I usually don't find anything I want. No, I usually look for people who need something, and then I offer it so they can expand their shop. Give people just starting out a little push towards success, like was done for me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I like to see how others have done their CSS and get inspiration from that. Sometimes I like to see if someone might have something I need. Other than that I don't really look at other's shops. :/

Reactions: EB

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I like to look at nice CSS, lol. Although I hardly ever trade, I sometimes find inpirations and think: "Oh, I want to RNG that one".

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I like to look at nice CSS, lol. Although I hardly ever trade, I sometimes find inpirations and think: "Oh, I want to RNG that one".

I do the same when I'm trying to think of something to rng lol Your shop was my main inspiration back when you had it :p

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I do the same when I'm trying to think of something to rng lol Your shop was my main inspiration back when you had it :p

Awww, that's so cute, it made me blush, lol.

I'll prolly get a new shop in early X/Y to fill my dex and to trade a bit before I'll be able to virtually RNG everything I want or need like it is right now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm actually not a Trade Corner regular but I'll admit I do go look at shops a lot and maybe I'll find something I'll like but then I won't end up posting because I don't have an up to date list of all my Pokemon and I don't want to go through all the ones I have and see what the person has. I got really lazy with trading recently it's bad. :(

I think I also kind of lost the motivation because a lot of the ones I have are common clones and RNGing is realllyy confusing especially because all the guides are for PC not Mac.

THAT WAS KINDA LONG but I used to trade a lot but now I don't really anymore, I guess I'll consider coming back in XY. n_n

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Awww, that's so cute, it made me blush, lol.

I'll prolly get a new shop in early X/Y to fill my dex and to trade a bit before I'll be able to virtually RNG everything I want or need like it is right now.
You opening another shop?? :o I would definitely go window shopping if you did ;)
I'm actually not a Trade Corner regular but I'll admit I do go look at shops a lot and maybe I'll find something I'll like but then I won't end up posting because I don't have an up to date list of all my Pokemon and I don't want to go through all the ones I have and see what the person has. I got really lazy with trading recently it's bad. :(

I think I also kind of lost the motivation because a lot of the ones I have are common clones and RNGing is realllyy confusing especially because all the guides are for PC not Mac.

THAT WAS KINDA LONG but I used to trade a lot but now I don't really anymore, I guess I'll consider coming back in XY. n_n
Seems a lot of people are waiting for X and Y to come out before doing any major trading... Tabor isn't the only one wanting to speed time up to increase trading. Hopefully there will be lots more shops to choose from and go "window shopping" when X and Y are released. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: EB

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
I always am checking shops for some of the last, (7 more to go!) pokemon that I want IV'd/some shiny. ^^ Plus it's fun seeing so many event Dragonite that I will never have. xD

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I window shop to look at people thread layouts. :B Some people have really nice layouts.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I window shop to look at people thread layouts. :B Some people have really nice layouts.

Yeah I agree. that miakalina guy has nice layouts all the time!

btw, I like to look at the names of threads, some are very creative and make you wanna look further (and actually start your window shopping).

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Yeah I agree. that miakalina guy has nice layouts all the time!

btw, I like to look at the names of threads, some are very creative and make you wanna look further (and actually start your window shopping).
Good point. The thread titles are really important. I don't really click on threads with generic titles.
EX: "_______'s Trade Shop/Thread"

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
I window shop generally because I want to see what needs to be bred, (example, if no tradeshops have special bulba's, then i will breed some) so I can breed in preparation for a trade shop i want to open sometime in the future. Or just because I want a new awesome poke and I look in wonder at the new trades.

Back