• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Version [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
LS11.png

I just wanted to point out that since this is a FR hack, shouldn't the text be coloured?
Otherwise it's pretty obvious that this is a script from a signpost/tile/level script.

Oh, and I notice that you made a custom cave entrance for the mountain. It's really cool, and it blends in perfectly with the Fire Red style. :3
Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Oh, and it's pretty cool that we have a wide range of starters. Since most games only give you a choice of three, if you pick the wrong one, you're screwed. However, there's a lot more choice here, and I love it. :3

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Thanks pokepal, I usually don't change the text unless to emphasize something. But I will start doing so, and try adding it to other scripts. (It's a Level Script)
Thanks I made the entrance myself.
Yeah I also thought the same thing, I'm glad your in coherence with me. :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
How much longer naruto actor? ? Lol I really want to try this hack looks amazing ..hopefully u finish it n make it super hard! !!!!

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
Years
This is looking really promising! I think I'm going to enjoy playing this if it gets finished. Your custom graphics are really nice and things are looking pretty unique overall. Great work so far and keep going!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I appreciate both your comments. The hack is progressing nicely, and I project to get a lot of work done over spring break. Also if you guys are not aware, Pokemon Light, has been nominated for HOTM. This is my first hack nomination, and I hope it goes well. Lets all root for Light. :D

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
A question to all hackers. I have been working on my bridge, and I was spriting the rails when I couldn't decide between two styles. So I will like to know from the masses which one looks better.
Type A or
LS151.png

Type B
LS152.png

(I am leaning on type B myself only because it flows better)

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
The bridge tiles look amazing, the storyline's pretty good, and the hack in general is looking great.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Type A do looks unique since the rail do changes when going down which really shows the change of direction of the rails..
type B is much better looking yeah i know, but i should agree with A since the concept there is better but you could edit the thing making it look much better..xD

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Thank you for your opinion, CS; I will take your words into consideration.

I am still waiting to hear form more people, so hackers please post your opinions.

Small Update:
I am showing off my favorite park of the bridge, the arches. Hopefully you'll like them as much as I do. :D
LS16.png

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021

I am still waiting to hear form more people, so hackers please post your opinions.

Small Update:
I am showing off my favorite park of the bridge, the arches. Hopefully you'll like them as much as I do. :D
LS16.png

type b goes better with the rest of the bridge ( which is really cool btw) and the arches are awesome as well, i have never seen this in another game, so ill make sure to test this game out when there is a beta.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

Small Update:
LS16.png

The arches look weird because of the camera angle. The normal tiles, such as the mountain tiles, are viewed at an angle while the arches are seen straight on, as if the observer was looking along a plane parallel to the ground. The problem is that everything else is being seen from a downward angle from above, if that makes any sense.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years

Small Update:
LS16.png
The thing idea is great but colcolstyles said is true.the angle is diffirent from other tiles, does the bridge have different angle as well?

You should resprite it to fit with the other tiles since it look out of
place.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Aside from the angles which everyoen seems to be focused on, it seems to me that the colors of the mountain and the bridge clash horribly. Besides that the bridge tiles don't look all that Pokemon styles and so they don't work too well with the default FR tiles.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Aside from the angles which everyoen seems to be focused on, it seems to me that the colors of the mountain and the bridge clash horribly. Besides that the bridge tiles don't look all that Pokemon styles and so they don't work too well with the default FR tiles.
I did say it look out of place
anyway,
Like i said before it is out of place and also the angle but the concept you have of it is really great so i really want to see how it goes..xD

Years
both look great i would go with b. just looks better. cant wait to try tje game out. keep the great job up. do u know when u will rlese a beta or demo

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
UPDATE:
Okay for those who said the colors where clashing. I can understand where your coming from, because you can't see the whole bridge. But the brick changes pallets nicely.
LS19.png

Also I will like to thank everyone who posted their opinion on choice A or B. And with much consideration, I have made a new choice. C. Which incorperates both A and B (And is my new favorite)
LS17.png
LS18.png

Easter Egg! This date has signifigance, I am wondering if any of you addict pokemon players can figure it out.
LS20.png

Just so you guys know I have been working on this hack like a madman. Even though I had a 6hr work day I manidge 13 scripts :D (Some were cpu scipts for the towns.)
LS21.png

Has anyone noticed that in FR when you get into a trainer battle, the trainer walks up to you, and the battle starts. You don't turn to look at them. This is not a problem in ruby, I think gamefreak did this to mirror red, and blue. Well thanks to Jambo, the player now turns to face the trainer before the battle.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
UPDATE:
Okay for those who said the colors where clashing. I can understand where your coming from, because you can't see the whole bridge. But the brick changes pallets nicely.
LS19.png

Also I will like to thank everyone who posted their opinion on choice A or B. And with much consideration, I have made a new choice. C. Which incorperates both A and B (And is my new favorite)
LS17.png
LS18.png

Easter Egg! This date has signifigance, I am wondering if any of you addict pokemon players can figure it out.
LS20.png

Just so you guys know I have been working on this hack like a madman. Even though I had a 6hr work day I manidge 13 scripts :D (Some were cpu scipts for the towns.)
LS21.png

Has anyone noticed that in FR when you get into a trainer battle, the trainer walks up to you, and the battle starts. You don't turn to look at them. This is not a problem in ruby, I think gamefreak did this to mirror red, and blue. Well thanks to Jambo, the player now turns to face the trainer before the battle.

hmm... february 27 1996.... the day red and blue were released???? am i right or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back