• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
How can i get a Pokemon with its Dream World Ability(Frosslass with Cursed Body)

To get a Froslass with Cursed Body, you need to go to the Dream World's Icy Cave area and get a Snorunt with Moody. If female, use a Dawn Stone to evolve into Froslass. Be wary the Dream World will be closing for the transition to X and Y starting October 1st. The info on how to get Moody Snorunt in the Dream World's Icy Cave can be found here.

The only other method to get one is trade or use Poke Transfer, albeit without the hidden ability.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
To get a Froslass with Cursed Body, you need to go to the Dream World's Icy Cave area and get a Snorunt with Moody. If female, use a Dawn Stone to evolve into Froslass. Be wary the Dream World will be closing for the transition to X and Y starting October 1st. The info on how to get Moody Snorunt in the Dream World's Icy Cave can be found here.

The only other method to get one is trade or use Poke Transfer, albeit without the hidden ability.

If i breed a frosslass with Cursed Body will i get a snorunt with it as well because i also want it to have Spikes.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
If i breed a frosslass with Cursed Body will i get a snorunt with it as well because i also want it to have Spikes.

You will get it since Froslass is a female, female DW Pokemon has the chance to pass the ability to their offsprings.
Plus Spikes is an eligible egg move, so start your hunting for female Snorunt in DW now!

Years
You will get it since Froslass is a female, female DW Pokemon has the chance to pass the ability to their offsprings.
Plus Spikes is an eligible egg move, so start your hunting for female Snorunt in DW now!

Adding on to what he said, you need to breed the female DW Pokemon with a male Pokemon in the same egg group to pass the ability down. In this case, you'll need a male Pokemon in the Mineral or Fairy egg groups since that's the egg group the Snorunt evolution line belongs to. Remember, the method will fail if a Ditto is used. Also, egg moves can only be inherited from male Pokemon so find a compatible male Pokemon that learns Spikes and is in the compatible egg groups. If you need a specific nature, you can give an Everstone to the male Pokemon as well. Originally the Everstone trick only worked on females, but starting from HG/SS males can also utilize it, and if playing B2/W2 the baby will always inherit the nature of the Everstone holder.

Also, not every Pokemon in the same evolution line shares the same hidden ability. The same is true for normal abilities too. Froslass has Cursed Body but Snorunt and Glalie have Moody instead. Same goes for their normal abilities too, Froslass has a different ability from the rest of the Snorunt evolution line.

Years
Ok can i get a Magic Bounce Espeon by breeding for an Eevee with an already Magic Bounce Espeon?

You can get female Eevees with Anticipation in the Hidden Grottos but they are extremely rare. Also, when it evolves it gets the hidden ability of the respective Eeveelution.

Last edited:
Years
Okay, so I'm doing a Ground Monotype on White 2 for the Ultimate Monotype Challenge. On Challenge Mode, no less. I'm at Castelia City, but I'm really afraid of Burgh's Leavanny. I am trying to hunt down an Onix with Sturdy, but even that will only do me so much good. I have a Sandile, but it has Moxie and not Intimidate (which I'm slightly regretting). Drilbur will probably die in one hit, and Sandile too. :/ And then there's GrassWhistle, also. Any ideas?

I don't want to overlevel, or use healing items in battle, but if it comes down to that I can, considering I'll only have three Pokémon to use. Platinum (the last one I do for Ultimate) WILL be no bag items in battle at all, though.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Okay, so I'm doing a Ground Monotype on White 2 for the Ultimate Monotype Challenge. On Challenge Mode, no less. I'm at Castelia City, but I'm really afraid of Burgh's Leavanny. I am trying to hunt down an Onix with Sturdy, but even that will only do me so much good. I have a Sandile, but it has Moxie and not Intimidate (which I'm slightly regretting). Drilbur will probably die in one hit, and Sandile too. :/ And then there's GrassWhistle, also. Any ideas?

I don't want to overlevel, or use healing items in battle, but if it comes down to that I can, considering I'll only have three Pokémon to use. Platinum (the last one I do for Ultimate) WILL be no bag items in battle at all, though.

I think that overleveling is your only choice.

Can illegal pokemon make their way into GTS?

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years

Your best bet is to evolve Drilbur at lv31, which isn't too high. Or abuse sturdy to get a few speed drops with Rock Tomb.

I think that overleveling is your only choice.

Can illegal pokemon make their way into GTS?

No, they cannot.

Years
Yeah, Rock Tomb to lower Speed might be okay.

Or if I get REALLY ambitious, I could hunt down some Magnemite at the Virbank Complex and try to steal a Metal Coat for Onix, but I don't want to make it that easy.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a Sandile, but it has Moxie and not Intimidate (which I'm slightly regretting). Drilbur will probably die in one hit, and Sandile too. :/
You won't regret it in the long run ;) Moxie > Intimidate ;)

You can get female Eevees with Anticipation in the Hidden Grottos but they are extremely rare. Also, when it evolves it gets the hidden ability of the respective Eeveelution.
Or get the Eevee from the researcher. That little one also has Anticipation.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
True, but that one will always be male. So Jay's only hope of female DW Eevee is presumably from the Hidden Grottos.

Or by trading.
but he has both male and female already,
he was asking if the offspring's gonna get the DW ability and other related questions about the said offspring.
;)

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
2 questions:What chances do i have to get a Female,anticipation Eevee from Breeding with 2 anticipation parents?
Why are so many people in GTS asking for a Reshiram/Zekrom Lvl 9 or under?(If its for trolling i whish that they burn in hell)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It usually depends on the mother. Since its mother has Anticipation, I'd say the chances of it hatching with the Anticipation ability are pretty high. As for the gender, I think it's fifty-fifty. I can't actually answer your second question, unfortunately, because I have no idea what people would want to do with a level nine Reshiram or Zekrom. xD Sorry!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
How does Ditto's stats work when it transforms? Does it inherit the stats the copied pokemon has? What about EV and IV of Ditto, does it matter? Does Ditto retain it's nature, or it overwrites the nature to the copied Pokemon?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
How does Ditto's stats work when it transforms? Does it inherit the stats the copied pokemon has? What about EV and IV of Ditto, does it matter? Does Ditto retain it's nature, or it overwrites the nature to the copied Pokemon?

It copies base stats and EVs (excluding HP), but not IVs. Nature and EVs (other than HP) of Ditto do not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back