• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireBird profile question

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Ok FireBird kicked me off. So I went back to open another window to get back on. And then it asked me for a profile, I clicked the one I done had but it said it was in use or something like that. So I started a new one. And now it won't let me go back to the first profile I had. Does anyone know where/if I can change my profile back to the old one? (I got tons of bookmarks and stuff on there I don't want to lose)

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
You'll either have to restart the computer or simply kill the process.

CTRL-ALT-DELETE will let you kill it, if you're on XP. Dunno about other operating systems.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I mean I was looking at PC, then the window just closed out. And when I went to go open it again it said that the profile (the one with all my bookmarks and stuff) was in use. And then it asked me to start a new one.
Now is there anyway to go from this profile to the other one?

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
I had the same exact problem in Windows. I never was able to fix it. Try upgrading to Firefox 1.0. Firebird is old so it might have been buggy. That's the best info I can give.

aRedMoon

Years
Did you do what I said Andy?!

Sometimes FireBird/FireFox is stupid, and when the window closes, it doesn't end the process. Restarting or killing the process through the Task Manager will take care of this.

It's happened to me many times.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
You go to its entry in your start menu, and there should be an option in the folder that says "profile manager"...

If it doesn't, you're using a version that's too old, update. Why are you still using Firebird anyway? o_O Upgrade to Firefox!

aRedMoon

Years
Jedi_Amara said:
You go to its entry in your start menu, and there should be an option in the folder that says "profile manager"...

If it doesn't, you're using a version that's too old, update. Why are you still using Firebird anyway? o_O Upgrade to Firefox!
It won't let him open the old profile.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
No, he has the same problem I did: he's in one profile, it now automatically boots to that profile and he doesn't know how to switch. Firebird isn't good with that; use Firefox.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Kip: Well the last time I upgraded my bookmarks was lost. But I was wanting to upgrade to FireFox.

JK: Yes I tried it and it didn't work.

JA: I have it in a folder not in a file on the start menu.
And I didn't get FireFox yet because it kind of pissed me when I had to wait 2 mins for a new window to open. If that has been fixed and I can open new windows in the same profile then I'm all for switching.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Yeah, it's worth giving it a try again. It's probably come pretty far since then. Plus some of those plug-ins are pretty sweet, if it wasn't so slow. =P

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
It's not slow! Firefox is really quick for me o_O... then again, I'm still using FF 0.8

EDIT: Try this: Go Start, Run, then type in

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firebird\firebird.exe" -ProfileManager

Replacing that path with the path to your Firebird. See if that works, it might not.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Well all of you were right. I just upgraded to FireFox 1.0 and now the colors on the Navbar isn't messed up, I got me a new darker theme (I always wanted to change that XD), it don't take 2 mins to load up and best of all I got my old profile back (all my bookmarks and everything).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
PichuSecretBase said:
I have firefox and Ive tried restarting and it didn't work. I want all my cookies and stuff back *sighs*
Did you try to un-install it and then re-install it?

And forgot the part about font color on the Navbar being fixed (the thing just did it again, must be my cpmputer). -_-;;

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
When I installed FireFox it asked me if I wanted to download a profile I had (my Arcanine one or my Andy one or start a new one) so I clicked Arcy and now I got everything back. It might also work for you.

Back