• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
That would be too difficult I think. Because Full Restores obviously aren't in the beginning of the game, nor are Revives. But hey, something can be worked out.

Congrats on not double posting!

Anyhow, it was mostly to add a degree of difficulty and uniqueness to P-Z's challenge, and the items would be chosen by the challenger, so it is ultimately their judgement that decides how they do and even if Full Restores aren't until later in the game, they are quite useful.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I understand it, but it doesn't seem too unique, tbh. It seems like the catch them all challenge but with restrictions, and shadow pokemon aren't that much harder to snag.
I mean the games ARE based around catching shadow's but its quite possible to catch pokemon easily with a pokeball, depending on certain factors and of course, chance.
It may be difficult but challenges should be worth the challenger's time as well.

As a big Colosseum fan, I can honestly say I've done that on my own without a challenge even being on my mind. As a challenge, it sounds horrendously boring and I doubt many people would join. For a Colosseum/XD challenge, I would rather see a no Purification challenge (unless for story progression, but then you couldn't use that Particular Pokemon anymore). That would be a challenge. I might consider posting that, but hell, I can't even keep up with the Favorite Challenge. I had to drop out of that recently.

I understand where you two are coming from. I guess it would seem kind of bland as a challenge, looking back at it...the only real challenging ones would be Tyranitar and Lugia. :pink_laugh:

I think I thought of another one, however. A No Shadow Pokemon Challenge, meaning that you can only use regular pokemon. This may be a bit harder in Colosseum, considering that you basically only get Umbreon, Espeon, and a Plusle at one point. In XD, you get your Eeveelution, but there are Pokespots (I'm pretty sure that's what they are called) where you can catch regular pokemon.
Once again, not too sure about how appealing this sounds.

Years
I understand where you two are coming from. I guess it would seem kind of bland as a challenge, looking back at it...the only real challenging ones would be Tyranitar and Lugia. :pink_laugh:

I think I thought of another one, however. A No Shadow Pokemon Challenge, meaning that you can only use regular pokemon. This may be a bit harder in Colosseum, considering that you basically only get Umbreon, Espeon, and a Plusle at one point. In XD, you get your Eeveelution, but there are Pokespots (I'm pretty sure that's what they are called) where you can catch regular pokemon.

In colosseum that may be a bit of a challenge but in XD you are able to get Aggron, Shuckle, Medicham and Tyranitar as well as an eeveelution and Flygon using this method iirc.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Ok, but I'll do after Sydian totally agrees with it.

So, the Pokè-item Challenge (Now I don't have anything in mind for the title :D).

You choose from one to six items, by yourself or randomly by me, and then you take a Pokèmon with every starting letter of the items, one Pokèmon for one item.
Then, the item you choose, you can use only them in your run, on all the team.

Pokèmon available: all, only one Legendary in your team, if you're use it.
Items available: all, just make sure you'll find it in your game.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

That would be really hard in Colosseum, considering the only Pokemon you get that aren't Shadow right off the bat are Umbreon, Espeon, and lol Plusle. It'd make more sense for an XD challenge though. So maybe exclude Colosseum for that, because everyone is going to end up with the same team in Colosseum.

Ok, but I'll do after Sydian totally agrees with it.

So, the Pokè-item Challenge (Now I don't have anything in mind for the title ).

You choose from one to six items, by yourself or randomly by me, and then you take a Pokèmon with every starting letter of the items, one Pokèmon for one item.
Then, the item you choose, you can use only them in your run, on all the team.

Pokèmon available: all, only one Legendary in your team, if you're use it.
Items available: all, just make sure you'll find it in your game.

You guys know I don't have to approve the challenge in this thread, right? :P Just go ahead and post when you're ready. Challenge makes sense, you're participating, and it's a fresh and interesting idea. Go right on ahead~

Also, happy Thanksgiving to my American challenge folk! Hope you all have a good one and stuff your face. If anyone DOES challenge Dora, I would like to know! And I wanna see footage.

Years
Goddammit, everyone is eating turkey across the pond, and what did I get for dinner? Effing potato soup.
I jelly.

By the way, I never got around to play the Colosseum games... Maybe I should pir-- uh, I mean try them out some time....

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Aw, God, I hate myself. ):
I just read all the cool brainstorming you guys had while I was away. I am soooo sad ! ):
I hate Maths... and I have to study.... so I'll just throw in a quick opinion...

The challenge which mentioned using items only by first letters of Pokemon sounds pretty awesome. I'll go with Reshiram for Revives ! I might get around doing it while I'm not doing.... Maths.

And, another sidenote, Kingdom Hearts : Birth By Sleep. Totally OT, I know, but it's also taking a lot of time.

Just so you guys know I'm alive. I'm not dead. yet

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Lucky Americans you know what I had for dinner? Rice,Beans and Ground Beef.How Wonderfull.

Item challenge sounds cool though I would particapate but Im like reallllllly busy (3 Nuzlocke going on,and Brainstorming for my 3 Arc comic Im going to make when I get my Tablet for Christmas :3)

Years
Lucky Americans you know what I had for dinner? Rice,Beans and Ground Beef.How Wonderfull.

Item challenge sounds cool though I would particapate but Im like reallllllly busy (3 Nuzlocke going on,and Brainstorming for my 3 Arc comic Im going to make when I get my Tablet for Christmas :3)
'
Well at least you lucky brasilians don't get your posts read over >.<
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=228944&page=23
I'd really appreciate it if you would comment on this.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Oh yeah ? I ate pasta for dinner.
Seco agrees with Karpman's post in the Nuzlocke thread.
And I want to challenge Dora.
but who is he/she

Years
Oh yeah ? I ate pasta for dinner.
Seco agrees with Karpman's post in the Nuzlocke thread.
And I want to challenge Dora.
but who is he/she

Please reply to the post then T_T
and Dora the Explorer is a kids TV show, its primary goal is to teach kids spanish by saying the same (common) words over and over again, hiring a horrible cast of voice actors/actresses, and having the main character get lost even though she has a talking map that sings.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Ah... I remember seeing that "Dora is Evil !" featured on YouTube. But I never thought about her. xD
Yeah... I was lazy to reply last night. But still, what about the Daity Karp ?

Years
Ah... I remember seeing that "Dora is Evil !" featured on YouTube. But I never thought about her. xD
Yeah... I was lazy to reply last night. But still, what about the Daity Karp ?

I updated it a few days ago, prolly should update it again, all my pokemon on HG except Bayleef are female :S

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
Well someone needs to make a new random pokemon challenge cause it got locked up
I contacted Sydian about it. Sydian and I both agreed it was way too...jumbled. I have created another and it is pending now. Once started, new rules will be enforced, regardless if the Pokemon given are a favorite or not. Meaning no changes in any teams made.

EDIT: The new thread is now up. I will be enforcing rules, though! D<

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ Unless for some reason you're unable to obtain something. Like how one time I thought I had something on my storage Diamond that I could breed to get an egg to trade to whatever I was using for my challenge and yeah. My last random challenge made it really far, and I forgot about it and restarted. Bad me. I had a Shroomish that I raised to level 42 (I think) for Spore and then evolved it and was gonna EV it and yeah. I'm still kicking myself for that. D:

Also, I would like to point out that I have never had to lock so many threads in this forum. Two challenges locked in one day is a lot for this section. :| But wutevs. The...something challenge got locked. Anime challenge I think. So for anyone that wants to remake it, they can go on ahead.

I'm also going to start keeping more of an eye on these things so we don't have another random challenge fiasco. Seriously, if we can't honor the rules of the challenger, we shouldn't be doing the challenge. Plain and simple.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
Idea.

Tell me if this is fine or not.

A Fail Cup Challenge.

You use pokemon that are fail. cant learn TMs/HMs and are not Wobbuffet or Smeargle.

eligible:
-Caterpie
-Metapod
-Weedle
-Kakuna
-Magikarp
-Ditto
-Unown
-Wurmple
-Silcoon / Cascoon (same exact Pokemon)
-Wynaut
-Beldum
-Kricketot
-Burmy
-Combee
-Shibishirasu
List and fail cup from smogon.

This is good for those that want a true challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back