• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Speaking of the Pokewalker...may I ask a question on it?

So, if you were to lose your Pokewalker and get a new one, you'd have to reset your Pokewalker data for the old one to use the new one, right? And if that were to happen, would your Watts and Routes disappear as well?

Thanks!

Years
Hey I just got Pokemon Ranger and I was wondering if I could transfer the Manaphy egg to Heart Gold or Soul Silver? I've tried google but there's nothing recent saying if I can or not, it only says D/P. HALP!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I believe things only say DP because the ranger game had only been out when DP were the only main 4th gen games out. I don't think they would have been restricted to DP only though, so it *should* work with HGSS just fine.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not really game related, but 4th gen sprite related. Bulbapedia has overworld sprites, but not all the shiny ones (for whatever reason). Unless I've just totally missed them there, anyone know where I can find them? I'm annoyed that I have shiny Pokemon on certain teams and I can't show case it in my blog sidebar, lol. So help would be appreciated, thanks!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't say so. There are better Normal types, like Lickilicky. Or just better Pokemon in general, really. I've raised it before, and it was my worst party member. It fainted all the time. So I don't really recommend it personally.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I am playing Diamond right now, and has a Budew in training. However, it seems like I have forgotten where to get the Soothe Bell. Can anyone tell me where it is? Thanks!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I am playing Diamond right now, and has a Budew in training. However, it seems like I have forgotten where to get the Soothe Bell. Can anyone tell me where it is? Thanks!

You have to go to the Pokémon Mansion (the one owned by Mr. Backlot with the garden at the back) and it is given by the maid in the second room on the left of the entrance.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
To me, I think it's easier to put it in a sequence.
This is for Pokemon platinum:
1) Team Galactic has been cleared out of stark mountain
2) Heartan is not there
3) ?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Have you talked to the partner in the mountain back in her house? That might be a necessary event to trigger first with it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hmm... it must be some other obscure character to talk to or one part of that sidequest you didn't do or something... but I'm not sure if the only other relevant character bar Plasma people (Looker) is even skippable.

Bliam

Hearty Guy
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
Perfect IV breeding

G'day everyone!

I've been trying to breed a pokémon with IVs at 31 across the board. I used the power items and bred a generation of five which all had max defence, and each had a maximum rating in one other stat.

Then I used power items for speed & special attack, and relied on the fact that both parents had max defence to give that to the next generation, so I should've had a generation with max defence, speed and special attack.

Anyway, when I got to what should've been 4 max stats out of six, I discovered one which didn't have a single IV at 31. Do you know why this wouldn't have worked? Is there a random factor I'm failing to account for?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to merge this with the help thread sticky in case someone better versed with breeding has something to add.

From memory though (and assuming this is HGSS as DPPt I don't believe have the breeding properties for the power items) they don't make the IV for that stat 31 - they just pass down the IV the Pokemon holding it has in that stat, so if they didn't have max speed/special attack then a non-perfect IV for the respective one would have been passed.

As for the defence not being passed, that's down to luck. Only three stats from the parents may be passed down in total, so it's up to chance.
In Platinum, what was the point of Marley in the Victory Road? Just curious...
No real point, I suppose, just another 'hey explore this area with a partner' game mechanic. That and afterwards you can battle her in the Fight area/battle with her in the battle tower, so there is some other benefits of going there I suppose besides the usual.

Bliam

Hearty Guy
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
Ah, sorry, I was unclear. I had ensured that the stats being passed via a power item were rated at 31, as informed by the judge at the battle tower. ("It can't be better in that regard.")

The maximum of three stats being passed down seems pretty insurmountable, though. Can nothing be done for that?

Edit - and yes, it is HGSS.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2012
Can someone trade and then trade back so i can evolve my graveler in hg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back