• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding Extra Items Into FireRed

xGal

Mhm
Years
Hey!

Adding extra items isn't hard at all! In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to do it!

ITEM DATA EXTENTION

Spoiler:

ITEM PICTURES EXTENTION

Spoiler:

That's it! You've just extended the number of items! Wasn't that simple?

Don't forget to edit the INI of the item editor you use!

Also, if you found any bugs, please tell me!

Credits:
Me...

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Yeah, you go it. I wish all tutorials were this easy to follow~

But you might wanna specify a game.

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I don't think this is right. An Item is 44 bytes long. You can verify this by (0x2C*itemNumber)+0xE and that byte will tell you the index number. So instead of selecting 4500 decimal bytes, its like 15600.

Otherwise when you edit the ini you get errors!

EDIT!!

Also the image contains 2 pointers per item. an image and palette pointer. So at 3D4294 you want to copy 375*8 bytes to safely repoint it.

EDIT 2!

The game also doesn't support extra items... Maybe there is a limiter on the amount of items?

Last edited:

xGal

Mhm
Years
I don't think this is right. An Item is 44 bytes long. You can verify this by (0x2C*itemNumber)+0xE and that byte will tell you the index number. So instead of selecting 4500 decimal bytes, its like 15600.

Otherwise when you edit the ini you get errors!

EDIT!!

Also the image contains 2 pointers per item. an image and palette pointer. So at 3D4294 you want to copy 375*8 bytes to safely repoint it.

EDIT 2!

The game also doesn't support extra items... Maybe there is a limiter on the amount of items?

I have no idea. It works for me.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I have no idea. It works for me.

JPAN has researched a lot on items:

Spoiler:

An item cannot be 12 bytes long from this. Are you 100% sure this tut is correct?

xGal

Mhm
Years
JPAN has researched a lot on items:

Spoiler:

An item cannot be 12 bytes long from this. Are you 100% sure this tut is correct?

I will try it once again, perhaps I miss-spelled something...

Back