• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Mewtwo Strikes Back (With Download!)

POKéMON: MEWTWO STRIKES BACK
Hack of FIRE RED VERSION

Hey guys, it's been a while. I just quit my job, so I may have more time to work on my game. I'll need some help though.
(EDIT: My boss was stupid and forgot to take me off the payroll, so we talked and I still have my job...)

If you don't know what my game is, then visit the following thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=138067

Anyways. I've decided that it's been almost a year with very little progress... and to help get more done, I figure I should release the game.

So this is just what I'm going to do. I'm releasing it with the intent that others will help me along such as Avatarkris, Megiddo, Yunghove and many others have done.

It's VERY buggy, but still... I'm putting it out here for the help.

storyline.png

Quoted from the other thread:
"You start off with a level 28 Bulbasaur, level 30 Squirtle, and a level 35 Pikachu. Your first enemy in-game is the same as a movie, a PKMN Trainer called "Raymond" , who has a Donphan and Machamp (the others arent added for a reason)

After you defeat him, you must talk to the Dragonite messenger. He will invite you to meet the greatest POKéMON Master, and fly off. Then a man will give you the HM for Surf, and Brock and Misty will go on without you to OLD SHORE WHARF.

Once you get there, you must rush inside the FERRY HOUSE to get in from a storm. Officer Jenny and Miranda, the owner of the Ferry house, tell everyone there who had wanted a trip on the ferry to NEW ISLAND that the storm was too strong, and nobody would be able to go. Three trainers, Corey, Neesha, and Fergus go on ahead anyways.

This is where things REALLY start to change.

Ash decides to go on, but because there is no Ferry, he has to find his own way. Brock and Misty decide they each need to go home to their own cities before heading out, so they go on ahead. Ash must first visit newly redesigned PEWTER and CERULEAN cities before going back to PALLET to get his Charizard."

videosc.png

screenshotsn.png

mew201.png
newby.png

001ubm.png
002y.png

003m.png
004e.png

28jimwm.jpg
2ih2q2d.png

359fqr9.gif
2pallet.png

msbbeta1130.png
msbbeta1115.png

wowjoy.png
msb12u01.png

featuresu.png

New maps
New Sprites
Custom Scripts
New Storyline, following the Movie plot
1st and second gen POKéMON
Extra events
Partial DP Base tiles
Movie Characters

teamt.png

Meowth - Owner. Mapping, Spriting
~Teh Panda~ - Co-Owner, Mapping
Yunghove - Scripting
Haxy - Spriting
KageX -Spriting
Nikeiphoros -Scripting

pastteam.png

Meowth -Mapping, Spriting
yunghove -Scripting
Twilite Darkrai -Scripting
DarkCharizard257 -Scripting
Tre_Al -Scripting
Megiddo -Titlescreen, Inserting Graphics
ICE-X -Graphic Inserte
KageX -Spriting
Nicolas -Spriting
AuRiOnsX6 -Spriting
feffeowns -Beta Testing
Darkmanny -Beta Testing
Pkmnruler13 -Beta Testing
Chrona -Beta Testing

awards.png

how15bannerpr4.jpg

how15textxm2.png

bugs.png

Title screen is buggy looking
Intro doesnt have Mewtwo Sprite
Rival Sprite is still Gary, not Brock
Female character has some animation errors
Trainer Backsprite has color errors
Random Boat stuck in the trees in canal
Rain stops in canal
Events absent in Old Shore Wharf
Tile Errors in some places
Oak has odd text from another character

Please submit all errors you find to me in this thread so I may update this list. Please also take a screenshot when doing so.

supportx.png

By: Meowth

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=171351][IMG]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4079/mewtwouserbarnn9.png[/IMG][/url]

By: DarkCharizard257

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=171351][IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/2qv58qf.png[/IMG][/url]

progressb.png

Alpha 1.1: First 3 towns mapped, limited scripts
Alpha 1.2: New scripts at old wharf and on, less bugs, updated Pallet town
Alpha 1.4: Bug fixes, Text edits on scripts, Pallet Town mostly scripted, Improved maps, New trainers
Alpha 1.5: Graphic updates, new tiles, new trainers, Old Shore Wharf cave mapped, some glitches fixed, misc. edits

DOWNLOAD!
Click here to download ALPHA 1.5!

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I might be able to help with mapping if you don't have that aspect handled :)

You can look at my siggy link for a sample of my mapping if you want some of my work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Took you long enough =)

Hoping you get some good work done on it soon

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Out of curiosity, how'd you get the youtube video to start at the five minute mark?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Out of curiosity, how'd you get the youtube video to start at the five minute mark?

Just moved the marker and chose the frame image :)

back on topic though.

I am going to download it later and have a more in depth looksie maybe I can pitch some stuff to see if you like it.

Danno

Years
Yeah, what they said. xD

(And sure thing, please do. I'd love for someone to look through it.)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This sounds nice one to try out :D
I found your old thread a few months ago and I thought that you quitted it but as you have not it's nice to play this :)

I'll also support this one ;)

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
glad to see this hack is back on, i can help you out sometimes when you need it, but not all the time because i to am working on a hack

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2009
Are you going to put in the pokemon sprites of Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur with the weird markings all over their body?

And the Pikachu slap fight in there would just make me laugh so hard.

Danno

Years
Mmkay. I appreciate it ^^

Are you going to put in the pokemon sprites of Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur with the weird markings all over their body?

And the Pikachu slap fight in there would just make me laugh so hard.

That's the plan... that'll be a while though, that's the clone battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
going to try out the release in a tit bit (on my 2nd gen ipod touch!) if it plays as good as i recall then it'll be welcome to see the premiere movie tie-in hack completed.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yes!! Finally a release of this hack! I've waited so freaking long, and I don't give a crap about how buggy it is. Playing it is a must at this point :P

Danno

Years
Glad to see someone is enthused about this? xD

Though if you wait a little longer... Panda is updating with another patch. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back