• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glee

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
The [Spoiler Free] Glee Discussion Thread

360px-Glee_title_card.svg.png

Source: Wikpedia

The only rule in this thread that I am gonna try to keep enforced is that we keep the discussion 100% spoiler free. Basically once the episode airs on American television, then it is free to discuss in this thread.

Here is a quick look at what Glee is all about:
Wikipedia said:
Glee is a musical comedy-drama television series that airs on Fox in the United States. It focuses on the high school glee club New Directions competing on the show choir competition circuit, while its members deal with relationships, sexuality and social issues.

Basically this show is great to me because it finds the perfect balance of great song selection, a variety of different (but equally great) voices, and compelling yet funny storyline. The show is coming to a finish on it's second season and doesn't really seem to be losing any of it's momentum. It's spawned 5+ compilation CD's, DVD's, and karaoke games on multiple platforms (including the iPhone). I think that the show had done so well all over is because of it's music element. These songs speak to everyone on some level and the show does a great job and making old songs new and fresh again and adding in current pop hits to keep the younger crowd tuning in every week as well.

So here is a some basic questions just to get stuff started. Don't feel to obligated to answer them all though:

What has drawn you to the show?
What is your favorite character and why?
Your least favorite?
Sue, love her or hate her?
Rachel, does she really deserve almost EVERY solo?

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Hmm, I watched a bit of Glee here and there, so-

The music. I'm not hot on the drama, although some of it's quite well done.

Kurt. He makes me want to hug him every time he gets picked on. ;; April Rhodes was a laugh a minute too.

Your least favorite?
Finn/Rachel. It's a tie, but Rachel's probably worst. I just . . . find her annoying.

She's fantastic. A worthy adversary for Schuester and the club, and goddammit if she isn't as funny as all get out while she does it.

Oh hell no. Her voice has a lot of power behind it, but I've yet to hear any kind of finesse or skill, and she gets autotuned to death whenever, though it was worse in earlier episodes.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Everything! The music, the drama, the characters, EVERYTHING @_@

Santana. I love her to pieces! ~ :3 during the recent episodes, I just want to hug her. ;__;

Your least favorite?
Sue. She was funny in the first season and maybe a couple at the start of Season 02, now she just annoy's me.

Hate her. I would of put Love her, if Glee was still in the Season 1 stage. Something about her now just makes me hate her! >:(

Well I would say every solo is overkill, since she doesn't really get every solo. \: Although she is the main character, and she practically is glee club, I say she has to many, I mean Tina, Santana, Brittany and Quinn who have amazing voices are always shoved out. >:(

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
@Thomas: Yeah I like April too :> But lately her storyline has gotten so serious...its hard to get any jokes in for her. Also, yes, Fin and Rachel are really getting a annoying to me. Truthfully I think their voices are just OK together...I really like Quinn and Sams voice together or Rachel and Blaine (when they sang "Don't You Want Me").

@dragonomega: I knooooooowwww I love Santana too. I'm so glad they are giving her more screen time with these newest episodes and her new storyline. I just don't want her to mellow out...she hat to keep being a b@ to everybody. XD And yes I am hating Sue too...bleh....the last half of seaosn 2 Sue...urg....I just want to punch her....

So who else loved Quinn and Rachel's song from the latest episode. It was so awesome. I did like Blaine's version of "Some Where Only We Know" better, but it was hard to like it when a random piano showed up outside and he just started jamming on it. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I always wondered why there wasn't a Glee thread in C&M, given its large fanbase on PC, but then realised that a lot of the traffic would go towards the Glee club in Other Clubs. As long as there can be a healthy relationship between the two threads, this one can stay open. If it starts devolving into Glee club Mach II, then I'll have to close it, unfortunately.

Might as well answer the questions, while I'm here ^_^

The main pull was the intense critical lovefest it got after its 'premiere' episode in May all those years ago. Turned it on and haven't really stopped watching.

Who is your favourite character and why?
At this moment in time, it's probably a toss-up between Santana and Brittany. Brittany is consistently the comic genius of the show, and has even survived horrible episodes like 'Britney/Brittany' with her dignity in tact. Santana has just come from strength to strength this season, and that's mainly due to the considerable effort put in by Naya Rivera.

Your least favourite?
Pretty much most of the adult characters (apart from Figgins and Bieste), but if I had to choose one, it'd be Sue. The show clearly needs to do SOMETHING with her, considering she's the breakout character, but her efforts to take down the glee club are becoming as ridiculous as they are cartoonish as they are unfunny.

Sue: love her or hate her?
I hate her current incarnation, but liked a lot of what she brought to the show in the first season.

Rachel, does she deserve almost every solo?
No. There are plenty of talented singers, and the show has become much more of an ensemble piece than it used to be (essentially, the Rachel and Finn show with a bit of Will thrown in for good measure).

The 'Unpretty/I'm So Pretty' mash-up was my favourite part of last week's episode by far. It seemed to work so seamlessly as well as detail both Quinn and Rachel's own character developments in one fell swoop. Well done, show!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I think a lot of people are really intrigued by the whole Santana/Brittany relationship. Truthfully they need to take less of the light off of the Blaine/Kurt storyline and put more effort in the Santitney one.

And I agree that Sue's outbursts are becoming a little ridiculous...It seems like when they can't figure out what to do with her, they just make her even more mad and have bigger freak outs...idk...I'm just ready for them to do something different with her. The only thing that I did like was giving her Oral Intensity, but I hated the way they took it.

Back