• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
If only my midfield or a attack got some goals last week, my entire back 4 and keeper got clean sheet bonuses. Played my wildcard and got in players like Ozil and Coleman, wonder how long I'll be able to hang on without RVP.

As for Butterfield all I can say is what I saw of him before he joined Norwich. A midfielder with a bit of everything, decent vision, good passer, not amazingly fast but a strong runner, obviously has leadership qualities as he captained Barnsley at the age of 20/21 and he has a decent shot on him. Of course he's had some pretty bad injury problems so it isn't certain that he'll return to being the player he once was. If he does though I think you've got yourself quite a player.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I'm really pleased at how Blackpool are doing, considering from the so-called pundits that they are favourite to get relegated, just shows what they know >_> and, the result of Cardiff and Manchester City really surprised me, so well done Cardiff!

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
[QUOTE/] I'm interested to know more about Kamara. :P[/QUOTE]

I watch a lot, not specifically Kansas City but I can tell you a bit.

Like it said before he is athletic. Fast, and can jump. He is also (6'3") and a great header of the ball. Very good at that. I also say he was very important to KC. He ran a lot of their offense and when he came back off of loan he improved their entire team. He is also in form having 7 goals and 2 assists with 15 games played and 10 starts.

Overall a great player a class act. I hope he adapts to English Football and shows his stuff.

Years
If only my midfield or a attack got some goals last week, my entire back 4 and keeper got clean sheet bonuses. Played my wildcard and got in players like Ozil and Coleman, wonder how long I'll be able to hang on without RVP.

As for Butterfield all I can say is what I saw of him before he joined Norwich. A midfielder with a bit of everything, decent vision, good passer, not amazingly fast but a strong runner, obviously has leadership qualities as he captained Barnsley at the age of 20/21 and he has a decent shot on him. Of course he's had some pretty bad injury problems so it isn't certain that he'll return to being the player he once was. If he does though I think you've got yourself quite a player.

Great to know about Butterfield and hopefully he does dodge the injuries, another injury prone player is the last thing we need.

I'll be saving my wildcard until I get pretty desperate I think.

I'm really pleased at how Blackpool are doing, considering from the so-called pundits that they are favourite to get relegated, just shows what they know >_> and, the result of Cardiff and Manchester City really surprised me, so well done Cardiff!

Blackpool have scraped some lucky wins so far (and nearly did against us until Emnes levelled it), but it'll end at some point. I think they'll be safe from relegation for now, but I'd expect a low finish for them.

[QUOTE/] I'm interested to know more about Kamara. :P

I watch a lot, not specifically Kansas City but I can tell you a bit.

Like it said before he is athletic. Fast, and can jump. He is also (6'3") and a great header of the ball. Very good at that. I also say he was very important to KC. He ran a lot of their offense and when he came back off of loan he improved their entire team. He is also in form having 7 goals and 2 assists with 15 games played and 10 starts.

Overall a great player a class act. I hope he adapts to English Football and shows his stuff.[/QUOTE]

This seems to be the general consensus from most people who have given me information on him. He seems like a good purchase, hopefully he turns out to be.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Zaha is one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched, honestly him, Milner and Welbeck in the same side might kill me.

Is there a clause in his contract which states he has to do fifteen thousand stepovers before even considering passing the ball? I know he's only 20 but damn.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
People said the same thing about Ronaldo...

Young irritates me more. He was playing like Zaha against Liverpool, but he's 27! Should know better.

I do think with Rooney missing people will appreciate Welbeck's tireless running a lot more. Plus he's our best striker under 30 in the team now Sturridge is out too.
We're not playing Poland in this set of internationals are we? Because if our defence is expected to deal with Lewandowski...going by the Scotland game we need to do a United and simply score more than them - could do with Rooney for that.

Finally, is it just me or did you just know it would be Phil Jones when it was announced Rooney had a head injury from training? Also, it looks horrific.

Years
Zaha is one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched, honestly him, Milner and Welbeck in the same side might kill me.

Is there a clause in his contract which states he has to do fifteen thousand stepovers before even considering passing the ball? I know he's only 20 but damn.

I've seen worse. Middlesbrough had a player called Adam Hammill on loan two years ago, all he did was stepover, stepover, stepover, stepover, stepover, stepover, oh wait that's all I can actually do, *gets tackled*. Literally didn't think of doing anything else on the ball.

What do you think of Nani's new contract everyone? 5 years seems a bit odd for a player who seemed to be getting phased out of the team completely.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I guess Moyes realised that he's going to struggle in the transfer market so holding on to what he has will be important. I joke of course, maybe he just likes him. 5 years is a little extreme though, it isn't like any of the few bigger sides are going to grab him on the cheap as soon as his contract nears the final year.

Trying to think of the most frustrating player we've had at Carrow Road in recent years, there have certainly been a few. More often than not though it was strange tactics screwing over players though. Roeder, Grant, Gunny and even the tail end of Worthington's reign saw some strange stuff. I'm still pondering the ''give the ball to Jurgen Colin and let him run 10 yards before sending a diagonal ball to nobody'' and ''hoof the ball out of play direct from kick off'' plays to this day. As for players I guess I'd go for Mark Rivers, he put more crosses into the stands than the box.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Sadly, I think 5 years is just to boost his transfer value. If he doesn't break into the team again by the end of the season he'll probably leave. Which is a shame, because on his game, he's a beast. It's just that he's really inconsistent - I was really lucky in that the one time I saw United play, against Reading in the FA Cup last year, he was on it.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Yeah, true. He used to be one of my favourite players, he plays an amazing game. I guess times are hard. But I wasn't expecting five more, either. I don't want him to leave United... but a five years? I just don't know if they're already planning on transferring him off.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Probably are...I missed the England game, good to see Welbeck on the scoresheet twice. And we are going to miss him - with his tireless running, occasional bit of skill and ability to put a ball into a net, he's the closest thing we had left to Rooney. Sturridge is out as well, so we better hope Rickie Lambert keeps up his stats (2 games, 2 goals, 2 assists) otherwise Ukraine definitely won't lose to us. I'd settle for a draw tbh, even if that means our World Cup dream depends on whether or not Hart can keep out Lewandowski when it comes to playing Poland again.
But personally I have to say I find international breaks a little boring. Especially when United have a new manager for the first time in my lifetime. Still, hopefully the break'll disrupt Liverpool's momentum, seeing them at the top of the table is so...wrong. disgusting. tragic (That a club that consistently defends Luis Suarez is at the top of the table). Delete as appropriate.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Double-posting because this just needs to be shared.

SAN MARINO SCORED!

Yup, you heard me. I don't know if it was a good goal or not, but they scored for the first time in 5 years. Against Poland no less, whom England nearly lost to away. The guy who scored it will be a national hero xD.
Also, my only revelation on the England game? Milner has his place, and Carrick deserved a look in. The game was often the literal definition of "tiki-taka" ("pointless passing") both teams gave it away all the time - a pass-master like Carrick could've made the difference for England. But for a game where the key was really not to screw up, I was fine with Milner playing on the left. He's a lot stronger defensively than any of our other wingers, a particularly useful trait as when Ukraine actually pulled off a counter-attack they were threatening. Did not need two Walcotts, that's for sure.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
As an international football fan, I've had some disgust towards Armenia. They beat Denmark 4-0 away, yet lose to them 1-0 at home. Their home record is far from reasonable, considering they were beaten by Malta at home.
I was amazed Luxembourg won 3-2 against N Ireland, they played well. As I've said to many, Luxembourg can be a surprise waiting to happen.
Iceland are doing well, and I hope they can get that playoff spot.

Years
Well this week has been football hell for me, I hate internationals.

Still Wales & Northern Ireland got embarrassed and the Welsh U21s even lost to San Marino so at least a few funny things happened.

Now back to the good football.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haha yeah, if there's not an inquest in Poland there better had be in Wales. Although I imagine Aaron Ramsey would've took on San Marino U-21s by himself, if you listen to what all the journalists are saying xD.
"Good football"...yeah, hopefully United play some of that again, seem to have lost our way since opening day somewhat. Time to get back on track by hammering Palace (And hopefully giving Zaha a run out against his old club over Young. Although the 5-year contract gets my hopes up that Nani might feature), then make sure we don't lose to City.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Really tough game for Norwich away at Spurs this weekend. With Hooper, Pilks and Snodgrass all back to full fitness it should be a good watch though.

I see Kamara could face Ipswich in his first Boro game, hope he scores 5 times.

I'll also be hoping for a United win, that isn't common.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Will be interesting to see how Eto'o does tomorrow for us against Everton. Haven't seen him play ever since Inter and so not really sure how good or fast he is still, considering his in his early 30s. Judging by his Fifa 14 card though we will be fine.

Still don't understand why we let Lukaku in a loan again, though I think I heard that he forced the move? If I remember correctly he said that he was behind Torres in the pecking order anyway and with Eto'o he wouldn't get as much playing time. I guess for him to play regular PL football would be great for both parties, as otherwise for us he would probably only get the occasional PL and CL match, with only being regular in the cups. And I just answered my own question wahey

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, answered your own question pretty well actually. Chelsea have an unbelievably bloated squad, not helped by impulse buys such as Willian which was obviously just to get one over Spurs, once it was obvious Ba wasn't leave both Mourinho and Lukaku probably thought it was for the best.

Why hoping for a United win Lapras?

Back