• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Try using the global search function (Ctrl+Shift+F), and search for def pbLedge.
As for your other question, I know that it appears at half size because you're playing the game at the lower resolution. I have no idea on how to change it, though, as I'm not using that script in my project.

Ahh yes, thanks Wichu :).. Erm.. I have diagonal jumping working except I don't know where the part is which determines which side of the ledge to jump and which side to block (the player can jump diagonally from either side of the ledge), seeing as I can only find references to tile types and jump locations, I am going to have to request some help..
I think unless Poccil comes back to this thread, I will be unable to fix this :(

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Ahh yes, thanks Wichu :).. Erm.. I have diagonal jumping working except I don't know where the part is which determines which side of the ledge to jump and which side to block (the player can jump diagonally from either side of the ledge), seeing as I can only find references to tile types and jump locations, I am going to have to request some help..
I think unless Poccil comes back to this thread, I will be unable to fix this :(

It sets where to jump or block at the database on the tileset tab, just click on the passage(4 dir) option there.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I'm having trouble implementing a dependent event, and I'm not sure why. Here is the error message.

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:754:in `command_111'
Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 14, map 27 (PERIWINKLE TOWN):
(eval):1 :in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbAddDependency2' for Kernel:Module
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `eval'
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I need help. How to change the screen resolution into 256 x 192?
Thanks in advance.

Go to SpriteResizer script and to this section:
Code:
module Graphics
  @@width=480
  @@height=320
Change the width and height to the size you want. Be careful though...it might alter the positions of sprites for other scripts such as the "Pokemon Selection" (in other words you will need to alter other scripts to match your desired position of your used sprites).

Hope it helped

I'm trying to create proper lighting for the houses at night-time, but it's proving impossible! XD The windows look so dead!

1) Can I create and use more than one light effect?
2) Can I increase the intensity of the light effects?

To make proper lighting for the windows you could use the light effect that is included in the kit and just copy it and ajust it to fit the window. This can be done by drawing an image for every window and making a separate script (in the PokemonField section) that would determine the light intensity and the name file of both the event and the picture used for the effect.

1) Yes you can create more than one light effect
2) You can increase the light intensity by doing the following
go to the section in PokemonField (go to line 934)
Code:
class LightEffect_DayNight < LightEffect
 def initialize(event,map=nil)
  super
  @opacities=[
  ]
 end
 def update
  return if !@light || !@event
  super
  @light.opacity = @opacities[Time.now.hour]
  if @light.opacity>0
   @light.ox=32
   @light.oy=48
   @light.x = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenX(@event)
   @light.y = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenY(@event)
   @light.zoom_x = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenZoomX(@event)
   @light.zoom_y = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenZoomY(@event)
   @light.tone.set(
      $game_screen.tone.red,
      $game_screen.tone.green,
      $game_screen.tone.blue,
      $game_screen.tone.gray)
  end
 end  
end
At the part "@opacities" change the numbers from 255 to 0 to alter the opacity, the first opacity (180) is the opacity for the time 00:00 AM, all the others are always for one hour later. To increase the light intensity for 06:00 AM go to 7th entry (in this case 25) and change it to the intensity you want.

If you want to create more than one light effect, you need to copy this script but in the class name replace "LightEffect" with the name you want. Then go to
Code:
for i in map.events.keys
   if map.events[i].name=="OutdoorLight"
    spriteset.addUserSprite(LightEffect_DayNight.new(map.events[i],map))
   elsif map.events[i].name=="Light"
    spriteset.addUserSprite(LightEffect_Basic.new(map.events[i],map))
   end
 end
 spriteset.addUserSprite(Particle_Engine.new(viewport,map))
}
and copy this too. Replace the "OutdoorLight" in
Code:
if map.events[i].name=="[B][I]OutdoorLight[/I][/B]"
with the name of the copied script name for the part above. Then all you have to do is name an event in the same way that you have named the scripts.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I have a ?

Does the starter kit have ev's
and
Is there a way to make a pokemon follow you like in yellow?

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Thanks so much! I think I've got the hang of it now. ^_^ I'm so excited. XD

Last edited:
Years
I've managed to fix the ledges but I'd still appreciate some help displaying this graphic..
I'm just trying to display the pokeball which the current pokemon was caught by in battle, next to the hp bar.. I took the code right out of the pokedex's 1st or 2nd page.. I modified the PokemonDataBox class of Pokemon_ActualScene:
if (@battler.index&1)==0 # if player's Pokemon
@spritebaseX=16
@pokeball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d_0.png",(@battler.pokemon.ballused))
else
@spritebaseX=0
@pokeball=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeball.png")
end
It says that the ballused method is undefined and I have no idea why.. it is displayed with this:
pbCopyBitmap(self.bitmap,@pokeball,@spritebaseX+5,@spritebaseY+25) if $Trainer.owned[battler.species]
Can anyone give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong? I have been using java and delphi for a long time and I forget some language-specific rules over time.. But this seems like it should work, unless sprintf displays gfx a different way, i assumed it was just to insert vars into the filename before loading.. Maybe I can't call it from that script :/

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Creating those games can be fun, but there is a lot of hard work required.

Oh, I know. ;D I've been working on my project for a while now. While, I might not be an expert at coding or scripting, poccil's Starter Kit has really given a creative person like me the opportunity to put my ideas and other talents to use. It is work, but it's also fun.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Okay, I need help on like a hundred things. Some of them are stuff I even asked for in the past that I don't think ever got answered.

1. Trying to change the battle interface to look like DPP. I have most of the rips I need(unless I want to switch over to Platinum instead), but nothing is lining up to where it needs to be. I don't really know where to edit that.
2. How do you change the speed of how fast the scrolling is at the start of every battle(with the enemy sprite starting at the left and goes to the right, and the 'you' going from the left over to the right). I tried clocking it and it's even slower than the how it was in the GBA games, and it just drives me nuts x_x

3. Shinies!
def makeShiny
rnd=rand(65536)
rnd|=(rnd<<16)
rnd|=rand(8)
@personalID=rnd^@trainerID
calcStats
end

I was so so happy when I found this. I just want to know, if I just wanted to change the ratio to something like 1/1000 or so, could I change the 65536 number and just delete everything else? I don't really care about ID numbers or personality values since I probably won't have trading at all. Also I'm hoping to make a second set of shinies, which I know requires some copy and pasting of all the shiny scripts and editing them, but I'm not sure where all the scripts even are(there seriously needs to be a search function in that thing >.>). And probably just need help differentiating the two anyway. x_x

... There's some other stuff too, but I'll just leave it at for now.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
Help u.u
I want to know...
If happinness, happines day, happiness night, atk greater, etc, that types of evolution really works, because i don't know, how that types of evolution works...
please help me XD

(sorry for my noob english)

and, how i can put shiny to appear 1 on 1000 in every map.

thanxs

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
1. Trying to change the battle interface to look like DPP. I have most of the rips I need(unless I want to switch over to Platinum instead), but nothing is lining up to where it needs to be. I don't really know where to edit that.

Could you be a little more specific? In order to change the interface, you just have to replace their graphics in the Pictures folder. If they are not lined up in the position you want, I believe you can edit the x and y values in the PokeBattle_ActualScene section of your scripts. Not sure if that helps!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Okay, I need help on like a hundred things. Some of them are stuff I even asked for in the past that I don't think ever got answered.

You can edit the battle scene look in the script "PokeBattle_ActualScene". If you scroll through the script, you will go to referencess that are labelled in purple such as:
Code:
@databox=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/singlePlayerBox.png")
     @spriteX=256
     @spriteY=149+yoffset
     @showhp=true
     @showexp=true
     @statusCX=40
     @statusY=44
Here you need to change the X and Y offsets to determine the positions of the sprite. Also line 1074 you will find this:
Code:
# Position of HP gauge
HPGAUGE_X=75
HPGAUGE_Y=35
# Position of EXP gauge
EXPGAUGE_X=47
EXPGAUGE_Y=67
Here also change the X and Y values to change to position of the gauges.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Drago:
Thankyouthankyou~ ;o; I knew it had to be in that section somewhere, I just didn't see it for some reason.

Oh yeah, how you do change the font too? I want something besides the R/S/E text(or whichever game that is...)

EDIT: How do you change the thickness of the EXP and HP bars too? As well as adjusting the location of the enemy/wild Pokemon.

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I've recently upgraded to a newer release of Pokémon Essentials, and now, a number of areas will not display the text they are supposed to, such as Pokémon names, item names, Pokémon moves/abilities etc. Basically... everything.

For example, if I receive a Pokémon it says "Player received !" and there is a blank space. Same goes for items.

What is causing this?

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
PLEASE HELP!! u.u
I want to know...
If happinness, happines day, happiness night, atk greater, etc, that types of evolution really works, because i don't know, how that types of evolution works...
please help me XD

thanxs

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
PLEASE HELP!! u.u
I want to know...
please help me XD

thanxs
All evolution methods, except for Shedinja (?), Milotic (Beauty isn't implemented) and ones using new things introduced in D/P (e.g. Dusk Stone or Mt. Coronet), should work.
As for the shiny question, in PokeBattle_Pokemon, find these lines:
Code:
def isShiny?
 a=@personalID^@trainerID
 b=a&0xFFFF
 c=(a>>16)&0xFFFF
 d=b^c
 return (d<8)
end

def makeShiny
 rnd=rand(65536)
 rnd|=(rnd<<16)
 rnd|=rand(8)
 @personalID=rnd^@trainerID
 calcStats
end
Change the 8s in those lines to 66s, for a 1/993 chance (you won't be able to get any closer; 65 would give 1/1008).
I've recently upgraded to a newer release of Pokémon Essentials, and now, a number of areas will not display the text they are supposed to, such as Pokémon names, item names, Pokémon moves/abilities etc. Basically... everything.

For example, if I receive a Pokémon it says "Player received !" and there is a blank space. Same goes for items.

What is causing this?
Try compiling the data again (through the Debug menu, or by holding CTRL while starting up the playtest). They work perfectly in my game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back