• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amber and Onyx Versions

What should the water starter's secondary type be? (It is a water snake by the way)

• None

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ground

• Poison

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Grass

• Dark

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
---Prologue---

Billions of years ago, the creator of Space, Palkia, was brought into existence by the original one. Many legends say that Palkia was the Pokémon that created our universe, however, these legends are false. The truth is, Palkia created three more Pokémon, the weaver of the elements, the creator of stars and the creator of moons. These three flew across the universe, bringing matter and life into existence. The three Pokémon decided to create three intelligent races, and watch over them for eternity. They watched them evolve, watched them create and watched them destroy, without interfering. The race of the stars, the Ambrons, were the quickest to evolve and first to discover the truth about their existence. The race of the moons, the Cronyxs, were the second quickest to evolve and second to discover the truth about their existence. The race of the elements, the Humans, were different to the other two. They were able to create bonds with Pokémon and discovered the truth to their existence before they had even discovered electricity. The weaver of the elements, puzzled, decided to split itself into five so it could learn more about this special bond between humans and Pokémon, and descended from the heavens. Not much is known about what happened next, or what happened to the Pokémon. All that is known is that the Pokémon of the moon and the Pokémon of the sun were both jealous of the weaver of the elements, and vowed to one day destroy the humans and Pokémon alike. This is story of when that day finally came.

---Intro---

I am making two fangames using RPG Maker XP called Pokémon Amber and Pokémon Onyx. They will both be exactly the same except for the evil team, legendary and version exclusive Pokémon. I have been working by myself on Pokémon Amber for roughly a month, and I will create Pokémon Onyx once I have finished. I wasn't sure if I had made enough Progress to place this thread in the Showcase or the Drawing Board so I started off here anyway.

---Features---

160 Fakemon

Some of them vary depending on the version of the game. Also, some of them can only be obtained via completing certain quests (see below) or purchased by tokens (see below).

3 new Regions (Rinto, Foslo and the Easton Islands)

Rinto is the region that the player starts their adventure in. It has a just-above-temperate climate and, as always, contains eight gyms. It is based on England and Wales
The Easton Islands is second region that the player visits, and can be accessed after defeating the Rinto League, it has a tropical climate and is home to mainly Hoenn, Kanto and Johto Pokémon. It also has eight gyms.
The final region is the cold Northen Region, Foslo, located within the Articuno Circle. It can be accessed after the player has fully completed the Rinto Pokédex and defeated the Easton League. Due to its cold temperature, hardly anybody lives there, so it has very few cities and only four gyms. It is based on Scotland.
There is a fourth region called Esuon, but I do not consider that a true Pokémon Region as it is similar to Atlantis and can only be explored using Dive. Also, it only contains two sunken towns and one underwater route.

New Mini-Games

There are 7 new minigames in Pokémon Amber and Onyx. This may seem like a large number but really, only two of them require skill, and the others rely on luck. They are as follows:

Cake Bake
Tea Brew
Creemo Flip
Bublo Bounce
Chipro Chop
Leachop Lunge
Snofay Spin

Roulette and Slot machines will also appear in the games.

The Blukberry

The Blukberry is a new Smartpokégear that was developed by the headteacher of the Durrel west Trainer Academy, Cynthia Celeste (the former Sinnoh Champion). It is very similar to a regular Pokégear except it has far more apps, such as a notepad and a Fame Checker (Yes, the fame checker is back!). It can also check what quests the player has accepted; customize the background BGM (so you can make every city have the same music if you wanted to); take photos (screenshots) and store the and check your Pokémon's happiness.

Fame

Much like in Pokémon Blue Chrome, Pokémon Amber and Onyx contain a Fame System where, the more battles you win, the more trainers want to battle you.
Gym leaders and even elite four members will invite you to battle them if you are famous enough.

Chapters and the memory machine

Another new feature that I will include in the games is the storybook like chapter system. Every chapter is a different section of the story line (e.g. Chapter Seven - Bouncing Down Canyon Gorge) and the player will be notified when they end the Chapter they are on and begin a new one. After obtaining the sixth badge the player unlocks the memory machine, which they can use to revisit any of the chapters they have already completed. That way they can replay the story and obtain any items or in game trades that they may have missed.

Transport

Rinto has public transport that the player can ride to get around (which is useful for certain people who do not want a flying type Pokémon in their party). There is a bus network that connects two major cities (Siren and Windway) and the Trainer Academy; there is a train called the Raithorn Express that connects two major cities (Windway and Blizzard) and one town (Dewdrop), and there is a subway network that connects three major cities (Chrono, Siren and Dunesand) together.

---Story---

You start off your Pokémon adventure in Coral Town, as a 12 year old child. You have just graduated from the Durrel West Trainer Academy, and your graduation ceremony is about to start. At the ceremony you get to choose out of the three Rinto Starter Pokémon, Leachop, Bublo or Chipro. However, just as you are about to obtain your Pokémon all three of them are stolen. You only manage to rescue one of them and the other two are taken by two mysterious people. After going to Dewdrop Town to tell the regional Professor, Professor Redwood, that you rescued one of the Pokémon, he asks you to track down who took the other two Pokémon, and gives you a Pokédex to help you on your journey. Along your way you encounter the evil team, Team Thunder (Amber) or Team Shadow (Onyx), who are trying to reawaken the legendary Pokémon, Arampia (Amber) or Shadoom (Onyx), so they can revisit the legendary Pokémon war, using a powerful memory machine on the legendary Pokémon, and alter the course of history, so that the Pokémon win. The only way to stop them is to defeat their leader, the champion, so you now have to defeat the eight Rinto Gyms and confront their leader in the Pokémon league, and defeat her.

---Progress---

Cities/Towns: 5%
Routes: 4%
Pokémon Data: 3%
Pokémon Sprites: 0.8%
Minigames: 0%
Trainer Sprites (New): 10%
Landmarks: 4%
Storyline: 100%

Chapters

Prologue---Complete
Chapter 1---Complete
Chapter 2---Partially Complete
Chapter 3---Incomplete
etc

Staff:

Me

---Credits---

spriters-resource.com for most of the sprites I have used
Poccil and Flameguru
Luka Sj
Cybersam & Astro_Mech
Alexandre
Mad.array
zingzags
CNG
Help-14
CollosalPokemon
Wichu
FL
KitsuneKouta
venom12

---Images---

Player Characters:

Spoiler:

Leaders:

Spoiler:

Regional Maps:

Spoiler:

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Seeing as though you have more than 15 posts, I'll be giving you 48 hours to post some images.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Venom12's kit is not affiliated with this one at all. The work has been done separately by him, and you should see his thread for appropriate credits and information.

Just quoting from my forum since I assume you think that the kit you got is mine. I never released PE: DS, so you need to go back to this thread and give appropriate credits.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
looks interesting.

Im curious about the different versions, can you actually trade pokemon between versions?
(not familiar with starter kit functionalities,)

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
looks interesting.
Im curious about the different versions, can you actually trade pokemon between versions?
(not familiar with starter kit functionalities,)

Unfortunately, I do not know of any ways to trade Pokémon between versions. However all Pokémon will appear in both games, but some of them are easier to obtain than others. For example, Duklig is easily catchable in Pokémon Onyx, whereas in Pokémon Amber the player has to evolve an Artizard into an Artigon, show it to an NPC to obtain an egg and then hatch the egg. Also, one other feature I forgot to mention is the version exclusive locations, three for each version.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
I can't believe that I forgot about this.

If you are interested in the production of Pokémon Amber and Onyx Versions please read this post.

Information on me and my team:

Team Name: Team Thunder

Team Leader: Me

Current Members: Me, King Pika

Current Game Title: Pokémon Amber and Onyx

Jobs needed:
  • Pokémon Battle Spriter
  • Human Battle Spriter
  • Overworld Spriter (Trainers and Pokémon)
  • X-Transciever Style Spriter
  • VS Face Spriter
  • Musician (BGM)
  • Musician (Sound Effects such as Pokémon cries)

Timezone: GMT +0 hours

Preferred Method of contact: PM Me

If you wish to apply for a position please fill out the form below and PM it to me.

Username:
Timezone:
Job(s):
Proof of Work:
Any Extra Info (optional):

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
Okay here's one without a spoiler:

pokmon.png

From left to right:

Rabete, Buzapi, Sentripede, Leachop, Kornel, Disrium, Verdeep, Chimea, Gingas, Rokink, Grern, Tright, Jelya, Chipro, Egant

Last edited:

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
hey man, none of the images on your thread are working, i cant see anything.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Yup no images. But I solved this. Ok.

First of, your images are in your PC album (quoted it, too find out)
And your Album is set to FRIENDS ONLY. So pretty much we can see it unless we add you.

Can you try uploading your images to like:
Photobucket (My Favorite.)
ImageShack
Or something instead. There is also TinyPic, and many more.

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 25, 2011
OK, but this is a lot of hassle over some sprites that aren't really too great.

Actually, no, it's not a lot of hassle. It takes all of ten seconds to upload images to imageshack, photobucket, etc. You want to make your game better? Show us something to critique, don't complain about how it's too much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back