• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Oh okay...That's included with Elite Map, right?

And hard as I try, I just can't get this scripting thing to show up on ScriptEd. I press compile and use Ruby, but it still won't show up.

EDIT:

PET doesn't edit Pokemon Types or attacks that it learn. It edits the trainers Pokemon and Attacks.

D-Trogh probably didn't understand right. :P
Use Pokemon Amplifier for that.

And when you compile make sure the Ruby ROM and the .rbc file are in ScriptED's folder with no spaces in the name.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
err....sorry..what's the .rbc file?

I'm new to hacking and just started today. I know that sounds like a lame excuse but it's true.

EDIT: Also, when I downloaded Pokemon Amplifier on this board, it doesn't work. The download won't come up.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
err....sorry..what's the .rbc file?

I'm new to hacking and just started today. I know that sounds like a lame excuse but it's true.

When you save a script its extension must be "rbc". Save the script and then compile it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Oh okay..I'll try it.

Also, is there a way to add a Pokemon to the game, rather than editing another? I doubt it though.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
D-Trogh probably didn't understand right. :P
Use Pokemon Amplifier for that.
Ooh, yes indead, Pokémon Amplifier ^^
Sorry ASHYLEGS, my fault. ^^

There was a tutorial on inserting new Pokémon..
Well, sort off, you need to edit those '??' Pokémon after Celebi.
In that tutorial there was also a part for inserting new PokéDex-Information I think. Hmm, maybe someone can repost it.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Howcome LIPs says the changes are over the 16mb mark.And yet the patch is only 9 kb I've made bigger patches before whats wrong with it?please answer it!Why are the pokemon in battle sprites still messed up Christos?I used your sprites but they're meesd up in the game not pokepic.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
whats the number for the badges in ruby on unLZ
Thanks
Have you looked at least half an hour for it ?
No ?! => Open UnLZ-GBA, open your ROM and do it!
Yes.. => Well.. maybe someone has the numbers, but I don't ^^

I have a question myself: Can someone explain the raw movements a little better ?
The list is in the spoiler.. Thanks to Christos
But I don't really get some things.. Like the 'St...', the 'Delay' things..
And, are the numbers after the words for how many movements ?
0 = Only Face; 1 = 1 step; 2 = 2 steps; ...

+ Can someone explain me how to count the movements for the 'pause' command ?
Spoiler:

Edit:
foofatron I gave you my toughts about it here

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Okay. Thanks guys. I'm taking this hacking thing one step at a time so you can catch me here asking a lot of questions.

zak

xpert trainer
Years
problem

I have no idea why but for some reason my hack will not open in elite map , its not to big a problem because it stil opens in advance map but its kinda anoying............... whenever i open it ( well try to ) i get a box saying
"run time err '63' bad record number" anyone got any clue why this is happening???

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Your rom has to be in the same folder as your elite map you might have to many programs using your rom.Don't go over 2 programs.Like you could have elite map and
Pokemon amplfier out don't try to do more than that because you will get that message.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Well your rom could have messed up.If your hack is Emerald Elite map doesn't work with it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Does anyone know how I can rename a Pokemon? Instead of Treecko, I want the Pokemon to be called Turtwig.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
ASHYLEGS said:
Does anyone know how I can rename a Pokemon? Instead of Treecko, I want the Pokemon to be called Turtwig.

Use N-E-A, it can edit names of Pokemon and attacks.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I'll go look...You sure it's in the Tool Box?

Edit: I couldn't find it. I typed it in the Search Box and it didn't show up. Could you give me a link?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Have you looked at least half an hour for it ?
No ?! => Open UnLZ-GBA, open your ROM and do it!
Yes.. => Well.. maybe someone has the numbers, but I don't ^^

I have a question myself: Can someone explain the raw movements a little better ?
The list is in the spoiler.. Thanks to Christos
But I don't really get some things.. Like the 'St...', the 'Delay' things..
And, are the numbers after the words for how many movements ?
0 = Only Face; 1 = 1 step; 2 = 2 steps; ...

+ Can someone explain me how to count the movements for the 'pause' command ?
Spoiler:

Edit:
foofatron I gave you my toughts about it here

0 = Only face; 1 = One step on the spot; 2 = One normal step

The delay is for stopping the sprite move for a while.
Pause 0x10 is for on step, 0x20 for two steps etc.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
yeah i searched my ruby rom in unLZ from start to finish but had no joy finding the badges, so does anyone have their numbers plz?
Thankyou

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back