• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Favorite GBA hack game!! ? (your opinion)

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2012
Which is your favorite GBA hack game and why?

( I am just wondering because I want to play some hack GBA games.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2012
I'm Unaware on which game require to run some of them, I had to take wild guess to run some of them, but for the best in hacks, go for POKEMON MANLY PINK, it's a firered hack that come as a .GBA file and not an .IPS file, basiclly it's pokemon fire red with all 1st gen pokemon replaced with 5th gen pokemon

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
My favorite? Well I guess it would have to be the Pokémon Ruby Destiny series with it's amazing storylines in the trilogy, only RR and LoG had some music from other games in it. But it's understandable that RoL had the default Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald music, 'cause it was a very early ROM hack that was around before any of us PC members had discovered about music hacking and all that. But once we did, that's when ROM hacks in the generation 3 part became more interesting.

But apart from the Ruby Destiny series, which I'd recommend, you really should try these ROM hacks:

→ Pokémon Light Platinum
It has a great storyline, has a nice tileset freshly prepared, only one downside to it though... it has the default Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald music. But I'd still recommend it.

→ Pokémon Flora Sky
It too... has a great overall storyline to it, as well as freshly prepared tilesets and default Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald music, but I recommend it too... since it was inspired after Shaymin's Sky Forme from Pokémon Platinum.

→ Pokémon Liquid Crystal
It is a remake of Pokémon... well you guessed it, Pokémon Crystal Version, but with some twists to it and some new features! It has remixed music from Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal, and it has new tiles added into the ROM hack and it's a ROM hack of Pokémon FireRed Version.

→ Pokémon Snakewood
Probably one of the newer ROM hacks here on PC, it has a magnificent storyline to what happens in the game, it takes place in the future Hoenn region, it is a ROM hack of Pokémon Ruby Version. Something I would also recommend you should try.

→ Pokémon DarkDiamond
This is pretty much the only ROM hack of the Nintendo DS ROMs that has (or is going to have) map edits, this is a hack of Pokémon Diamond. You would be amazed by the changes this ROM hack really has, I would really recommend it. It's one of the first of the 4th generation ROM hacks that have edited map layouts in it.

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
I played pokemon light platinum,and the ruby destiny series but i prefered light platinum :D

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
I'm playing light platinum it's a well designed game. but i'm near the end so wich game to play now?

Pinta77

Pokemon Jupiter is pretty cool. An naranja version. And i only played ruby destiny rescue rangers, but i really liked that one.

I just started playing Ash Grey, and so far it is pretty awesome. The Ho-oh at the beggening is so cool :)

Years
Pokemon Azure Horizons, Pokemon Quartz and Marble, Pokemon Snakewood, Pokemon WARPED, Pokemon Light Platinum, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Crystal Dust, and Pokemon Shattered Dreams.

Pokemon Quartz was the first ROM Hack I played since November 2006, appropriately it's a Ruby ROM Hack and Pokemon Ruby was my first Pokemon game.

Years
For me, the best GBA hack I ever played was Pokémon Liquid Crystal of LaZ simply because I like Johto and Kanto Pokémon and LC has a nice composition (which I don't know how to describe). I also like Kanto and Orange Islands being complete in LC. I already finished Beta 2.1 of LC (in fact, I made a walkthrough of it before in my previous YouTube account) and I'm currently playing Beta 3.2 of it. :)

By the way, zel did also a good job on Pokémon Shiny Gold. He must have completed Kanto for it to be more exciting. ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
The only one I've played for quite a bit is Azure Horizons. I love the mapping in it and the challenge it gives.

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
Thnx for the many replies.
I almost finished flora sky, And started to play never black&white to bad its in spanish though.

Now witch one to choose from the many options given.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
My favorite would definietly be pokemon legend og giratina coz of its awesome storyline and graphics.... i like pokemon silver legend equally

Back