• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
Years
Just obtained the Zephyr Badge! :)
(and the Togepi egg)

Well, I started my journey, and the second Pokémon I ran into was nothing more and nothing less than a:
Spr_4h_161_s.png

¡¡¡:shocked: shiny Sentret :shocked:!!!​

Unfortunately, of course, I hadn't even reached Mr. Pokémon's house, and didn't have any Poké Balls on me so… [insert non-stopping swearing here]

Anyways, Rocky (the Onix you trade for a Bellsprout in Violet City) is already disobeying me, so I'll probably box him and catch a new Onix… :\

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Also, regarding the Electabuzz issue, although I wrote down Electabuzz, I did so because I knew I wouldn't be able to get an Electivire (since I took into account Pokémon I'd be able to obtain I guess I made my list bad :\), so would I still have to use Electabuzz?
Meh, I probably won't get Electivire either way so don't worry, I'll just stick to Electabuzz.

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
What if you don't have 6 favorites in one type? Just put a I-sorta-like-it Pokemon in the sixth slot? Also, would it be allowed to ask for 5 types so there will be room for a slave and only put your top 5 favorites on the list?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What if you don't have 6 favorites in one type? Just put a I-sorta-like-it Pokemon in the sixth slot? Also, would it be allowed to ask for 5 types so there will be room for a slave and only put your top 5 favorites on the list?

Yeah, I did that with certain types, such as Rock and Steel. But no, you'll have to have 6. Sorry. :(

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Yeah, I did that with certain types, such as Rock and Steel. But no, you'll have to have 6. Sorry. :(

Ok. I'm working on my lists. Tommorow I'll see what game I don't have a challenge that I care about too much (probably Pearl) and sign up.

EDIT: Finished my list, so I'm going to go ahead and post my sign-up.

User: deku
Player: deku
Game: Platinum
Favorites:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
I would like to sign up for this challenge but I'm a bit confused. I understand to write out a list of 6 of my top favorites for each type. But do I choose the 6 types for my party or does someone else pick out the six types?

Master Strife

The Local BAMF
Years
I have 2 badges in Pearl so far. Eterna (is that the name of the grass gym? I can never remember the Sinnoh gym names) gym was easy with a charmeleon and numel lol

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I would like to sign up for this challenge but I'm a bit confused. I understand to write out a list of 6 of my top favorites for each type. But do I choose the 6 types for my party or does someone else pick out the six types?

Another person will choose the types (ex. I say your types are rock, psychic, steel, water, grass, and fire. You must use the first rock type you listed, the second psychic type you listed, the third steel, etc.)

Master Strife

The Local BAMF
Years
The next challenger will pick the types for you. And if, let's say, fire is the type he picked, you use your favorite fire type. And if they picked water second, you use you 2nd favorite water and so on.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Someone else will choose the types, and depending on the order will depend on which Pokemon from you list you have to use. Like if I gave you electric as your 4th type, you'd have to use the 4th Pokemon you listed in your electric faves.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I kindly asked Master Strife via VM to choose my types and these are the ones he picked:

Oh, sorry. :P For you I'll pick... hmm... Grass, Dark, Fire, Water, Ghost, Flying

2.png
Ivysaur
274.png
Nuzleaf
323.png
Camerupt
364.png
Sealeo
426.png
Drifblim
226.png
Mantine

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Ok got it:)

Signing up
Amberfunk
I don't know what I'm going to name my character yet
Playing Soulsilver
I wrote my favorites down
I have 6 legendaries in my favorites.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Ok got it:)

Signing up
Amberfunk
I don't know what I'm going to name my character yet
Playing Soulsilver
I wrote my favorites down
I have 6 legendaries in my favorites.

For you I choose Water, Rock, Poison, Electric, Normal, and Ground.

(and here is my sheet/favorites/team all together:)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Ok here is my team. All have to trade eggs of all of them.

116.png

408.png

451.png

417.png

300.png

389.png

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wow, amberfunk. :| I thought I had a difficult team to work with. At least your members can learn 4 attacks. -cough- UNOWN -cough-

Player: James
Version: HeartGold
Badges: 3

Whitney...was a pain. This team is difficult to use, I'm telling you. I just got Venonat, so hopefully Morty won't be too bad. I'm trading Luvdisc once I beat Morty, since at the time, the level I caught Luvdisc on will be close to the rest of the team's levels.

Spr_4h_189.png

Books / Jumpluff (m) lv. 27
???
- Poison Powder
- Stun Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Headbutt

201E.png

Erase / Unown (E) lv. 24
Levitate
- Hidden Power (Flying)

Spr_4h_033.png

Nitro / Nidorino (m) lv. 25
Poison Point
- Horn Attack
- Double Kick
- Leer
- Peck

Spr_4h_048.png

Nanat / Venonat (m) lv. 15
???
- Foresight
- Supersonic
- Confusion
- Poison Powder

Believe it or not, Nanat won me a Sun Stone in the Bug Catching Contest. I'm having some nice luck in the playthrough, despite having a difficult team.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Needed a reason to restart Pearl. Sign me in.

User: GrassGiant
Player: Grasseh
Game: Pearl
Favorite:Will publish them after receiving types =P

And there's no one before me because the last one that did sign up received types by someone that was already signed up e_e

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
I believe I pick TokioHumaNeko types since I was the last one to sign up before them so here are your types, electric, grass, fire, flying, dark, ice.

Also I started finally after breeding and transferring eggs. My character's name is Kiki. So here goes my team.

Skorpi (skorupi) lv2 male
Brave
Sniper
Leer, night slash, swords dance, x-scissor

Kiwi (skitty) lv1 female
Naive
Cute Charm
fake out, growl, tail whip, tackle

Spike (turtwig will be torterra) lv2 male
Jolly
Overgrow
Tackle, solarbeam

Skull (cranidos) lv2 male
Brave
Mold breaker
headbutt, leer, iron tail, earthquake

Phoebe (pachirisu) lv1 female
Rash
Pickup
Growl, bide

Tattu (horsea) lv1 male
Serious
Sniper
Bubble, muddy water

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Since I have next to nothing these days to do, and exams are getting over on Monday, I might as well sign up.

User: Fire Wolf
Player: blah (Yeah, I know my ingame name is sooo creative)
Game: Diamond.

Kanye West

but you can call me great
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 26, 2015
User: Kanye West
Player: 2Hot4Misty
Game: Platinum

@Fire Wolf: Rock, Grass, Flying, Steel, Ground, Fighting

Last edited:

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
Years
Got two badges now! :D

Bugsy was a total pushover thanks to Rocky and my new team member: Sandy, the female Sandshrew! :D
Then I caught a female Paras, named Apple

Player: Grey
Version: HeartGold
Badges: 2

Current Team:

Spr_4h_095.png

Rocky
Onix | ♂ | Lv 18 | @ Persim Berry
Hasty Nature
Ability: Sturdy
Moves:
Tackle | Harden | Rock Throw | Screech