• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Generation Caption Contest [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Each week there will be a caption posted (unlike the weekly polls, this will not be posted by the users, sorry). Your job is to caption it! Write something about the image, or something that the characters (or Pokemon) were likely to say. It'll always be Unova-related, and feature at least one Unova character or Pokemon. :) There will also be an emblem for this at some point (as well as emblems for Unova United!) You have a week from now to submit your caption, then I'll choose the winner~

Oh, and you can post more than one caption if you wish.

Also, PC rules still apply. Make sure your captions are suitable for a 13 year old, and not sexual. [/SPOILER]​

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
Trainer: That?
N: I already solved it for you.

---

Tepig: What are they doing Snivy
Snivy: How should I know? They're humans, little of what they do actually makes sense.
Oshawott: Ooh! They're doing something? Let me see!

---

Trainer: Wow! N, I didn't know you made models! That's amazing detail
N: One of many things I do. I didn't exactly grow up like most kids do.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
N: Remember the first time we rode that Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa?
Touya: ...how could i forget..

xxx

Touya: Hey, where's that necklace you always used to wear?
N: ...****!

xxx

Tepig: Hey, Snivy are those models of us on the table?
Snivy: Yeah, I think so.Whoever made them did a really good job!
Oshawott: I'd say so.They captured your butt perfectly Tepig xD

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Snivy: Hey, Tepig, look. Our owner is with that N guy again.
Tepig: Hey move over! I want to see what they're doing!
Hilbert: *pointing to model* We should go on the Ferris Wheel again sometime, N.
N:Yeah, good times. *sigh*
Oshawott: Awww they're so cute!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
N: How much you wanna bet I can finish this cube in 10 minutes?
Trainer: It's all green though ._.
N: How about this entire scale model?
Trainer: Uhm, no.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
Trainer: "You're not going to go all 'Sabrina' on me and make me into a doll for your little model town, are you?"

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Trainer: "Who gets to ride the ferris wheel today: Oshawott or Snivy?"
---
Trainer: "I'm getting tired of playing with dolls."
---
N: "I think this magical cube will provide a wonderful addition to the landscape. Imagine it tilted in the fountain, kind of like Nerdvana."
---------------------------------------------------

FYI, that last one is a reference to King of the Nerds. However, it wasn't a "magical cube" in the fountain, but something else.

Cyclone

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Trainer: Remember when we went on this Ferris Wheel for the first time, N?
N: Yes I do. You were so shy you were spending most of your time with this rubik's cube.

Oshawott: Okay, here's the plan. We wait until they're out so we can grab our figurines of us.
Snivy: Ow, Tepig move aside!
Tepig: Well get off me, that'll help!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Trainer: "Hey, I have a Pikachu figurine that someone I met gave me. I bet it could zap that cube."

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Trainer: Nice miniature, N. How did you get this one?
N: My dad, Ghetsis, gave me that when I was a kid. He also gave me this cube.
Trainer: Hey... aren't those... the three starters of Unova Pokemon in that miniature?
N: Yes, but nothing beats having real partner Pokemon. I learned that thanks for you.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
Hilbert: It's nice that you have the Ferris Wheel in your miniature, N. Brings back the memories when we first rode one together. But... this replica doesn't look like Nimbasa City.

N: That is because this is how Nimbasa City looked before it turned into a bustling city of entertainment. Did you not learn that from the history of the Unova region, or even from the history of the Pokémon universe?

Hilbert: What is this, fourth generation?!

Snivy: Is that really what my tail looks like from the back?

Tepig: Does it even matter?

Oshawott: Osha! Lemme see!

Toko

Forest Dweller
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2021
Trainer: That isn't an ordinary Rubik's Cube is it?

N: No, this is a unique cube. You see, the way to interact with Pokemon is still a riddle to many people. Some of us are so consumed by our own needs, we don't even notice when our friends, Pokemon, are here with us. This cube was designed to help someone register the presence of Pokemon around them and to join together and bond. Dark squares are shown for each Pokemon.
In this case, Tepig, Oshawott and Snivy - 3 dark squares and 3 bonds to form.

Trainer: Oh, is that why you built this model with miniature figurines of those 3?

N: Yes, you see Pokemon are innocent beings from the start, who are often tainted once we impose our ideals on them or what we believe to be the truth. What better way to bond than letting them discover how we see them on their own, instead of pushing them into a role.
This cube is the Cube of Friendship and legends say the creator was actually a Pokemon.

Oshawott: I really want to play with that Ferris wheel so much but that's just timid me like always..

Snivy: You can't just walk in Tepig, we have to wait! It's dangerous!

Tepig: Really?

Snivy: See that cube the left human is holding. My mother used to tell stories of it. From what I remember, white spots are supposed to signify the presence of humans. As you can see there are 2 white spots.

Tepig: But I can see that there are 2 humans. Was the creator Captain Obvious?

Snivy: I don't remember what my mother said afterwards as that was in my days of still being an unhatched egg and hearing her soft voice speaking to me.

Tepig: Snivy, I know you are careful by nature, so I understand. But I also know that my nature is bold so I just really want to go out there and play.

Snivy: Ok, let's make a deal. Wait 10 minutes more and I'll give you a tasty berry from my collection.

Tepig: Snivy, I trust you on that one. You just got yourself a deal!

Clarification: Pokemon see a white square on the cube for one human. The square becomes more colourful, the stronger the bond gets between them. Humans see a black square as one Pokemon. The square will be filled with other colours, again depending on the bond formed with the Pokemon.

The creator of the cube had in mind for as many squares as possible to be filled with as many different colours as possible.
The finished product, with all its different, coloured and disordered squares would probably look like a normal unsolved Rubik's cube to many, but the Pokemon and Humans whose bonds are printed on each square, share something much deeper than any sensation you could get from solving any riddle on this world.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Moments later, the cardboard models had been reduced to rubble as N's castle rose from under the table.

(Is that the first non-statement caption?)

Cyclone

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
"You know, I was skeptical about this Mystery Dungeon MMORPG idea, but now it just seems like the next logical step!"

Years
N: Riding the ferris wheel reminds me of this block for some reason.

Hilbert: Well, let's go ahead and ride it then!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
N: *sits back and admires his newly-completed cube* I have finally completed it! Those three silly friends of mine must have gone and messed it up when my back was turned.. I wonder where they could be....ah, no matter! I can finally relax now that it's whole again. *smiles contentedly*

Hilbert: *nods and smiles approvingly at the completed cube in N's hand and gradually drifts off, spinning the Ferris wheel model round and round, round and round..*

-------

*in whispers*

Snivy: See, Tepig?? You shouldn't have touched Master's things! I'm sure glad Master's in a good mood today, or else I don't know what he'll do!

Tepig: Eep! I didn't mean to..! It just looked so..very..interesting....I couldn't resist....><

Oshawott: Indeed.. Master sure's in a relaxed mood today. I wonder why is that so? Could it be because of that trainer..?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back