• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOC: Atlantis Arising [M]

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Thank you for your SU, Lt. Col. Fantastic, we have had other people show interest and will wait for everybody to post their SU before deciding on who will join. We will notify of our decision when we have made it. :)

@Arctos + Retro Bug: Both your abilities are the same and are both broad. If you would like to refine them to a singular species such as Canine, Feline, Avian, etc. or change them entirely, that would be much appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I made it a specific animal and added/deleted some things. I hope I'm not being too broad still.

EDIT:
Would Crystallization be a good one? Or is that already taken/similar to someone else's?

Last edited:

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
I would have said mine is closer to adaptability (and possibly less broad as Charles could not for example make his body impervious to nearly everything merely use the toolbox given to him) with a pseudo explanation and balancing to make it completely impractical but I understand your worries and reasoning however and will have a think and make changes when I have thought of a new ability.

Edit: I do not mean for the post to sound as if I am annoyed. I'm not. I will edit this post and my SU soon with a new ability and possibly a highly edited character due to Charles being written to suit such an ability.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I made it a specific animal and added/deleted some things. I hope I'm not being too broad still.

EDIT:
Would Crystallization be a good one? Or is that already taken/similar to someone else's?

Like Emma Frost from X-Men: First Class? Yes, it should be fine, a suitable explaination that hopefully doesn't make it overpowered will be fine.

I would have said mine is closer to adaptability (and possibly less broad as Charles could not for example make his body impervious to nearly everything merely use the toolbox given to him) with a pseudo explanation and balancing to make it completely impractical but I understand your worries and reasoning however and will have a think and make changes when I have thought of a new ability.

Edit: I do not mean for the post to sound as if I am annoyed. I'm not. I will edit this post and my SU soon with a new ability and possibly a highly edited character due to Charles being written to suit such an ability.

Alright, as you wish. There is no hurry, on an SU.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I changed my ability to Crystallization and I hope it doesn't seem too broad or powerful.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hey, Ichiromaddy, would you mind recapping what's happened so far in Atlantis? On all sides. If it's not too much to ask.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
New SU is up however power may still be OP. As such it is not the most detailed and I will be happy to either revise the power or if the power is accepted then clean up the SU as a whole.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
From the start? Okay, well;

Okay, so, the AUP first sought out Nikolai. Then, Nikolai and Natalia made a smooth journey from Russia to an airport just outside Russia to do a few laps around Europe in a private jet so they would throw followers off their tail. Helena was found along the way and with Atticus, made a very shaky exit from Sweden via the plane. From there, they went to France to the AUP headquarters and met the leader, Emil Bernot and his son, Devon. After an awkward dinner, Helena and Nikolai had training sessions to hone their skills and went to bed. They are both woken by Atticus and are taken to a very busy breakfast. Currently, they are eating but a big reveal is coming soon. ;D

For the Librarian, Otto went and found Alex and Cira on a train. With the help of the Librarian, a mysterious man with many powers, they teleport out there to the librarians home base, under the vatican, where they see his library containing information about his many powers. for exchange for a taste of alex's blood, the librarian offers the father and son safety and a home. they go to bed and the next morning, natalia is there discussing with the librarian their strained relationship between him and the aup. now, cira should be off for training.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Heylo everyone! I'm making my comeback in PC with this sign-up for Atlantis Arising! Dun dun dunnn! Great to see you all again, or for the first time o/ I may be a bit rusty, but I'm gonna give it my all and hope that'll be enough!

And without further ado, BAM! SU!

P.S. If something's not up to standard, go ahead and tell me and I'll get right on fixing it ^^

Name: Leo Archibald

Height: 181cm

Weight: 74kg

Appearance.

Atlantean Tattoo: The tattoo appeared on the back of Leo's right hand, taking the form of what looked like waves, in a circle, surrounded by flames. The tattoo is a deep blue and tends to begin glowing softly whenever he uses his abilities. He does his best to cover it up from the sight of others.

Physical: Leo isn't exactly what you would call handsome, but he's far from ugly as well. A little in between, Leo stands at a regular height of a man, his build being described as 'average'. He wears a mane of shoulder-length, brown hair draped down along the back of his head, leading his ears and forehead free (Think Loki from Avengers). He has dark blue eyes, and is more agile than muscular, should you have to define his looks like that. Other than that, he looks like a regular guy, no beard and no tattoos, despite that one tattoo on the back of his right hand.

Clothing: Leo likes to wear buttoned shirts, both the more colourful ones, as well as the plain white or black ones, short or long sleeved, depending on the weather. He wears jeans and a pair of sneakers, though he rarely puts on a t-shirt instead of his beloved shirts.
After the tattoo had appeared on the back of his hand, Leo began wearing gloves over both of his hands whenever he went outside, along with his brown coat, which goes to just beneath his rump, making it a semi-long coat, with nice, deep pockets. He doesn't wear any jewelry or glasses, but he does keep his cellphone in his pocket, and a watch on his left wrist.

He's usually seen in sneakers and jeans, along with a coloured, buttoned shirt, which is slightly opened. If seen outside, he would most likely be wearing his coat/jacket, along with the matching gloves to cover up the tattoo.

Personality: Leo has always been a rather held-back guy, doing his best to avoid at least most confrontations, as he's not very good at handling himself against them, becoming both nervous and rather meek whenever a confrontation happens.

Despite this, he does have his heart in the right place, at least to a certain degree. He likes to think that people should be treated fair, but this feeling could be overshadowed, if he was afraid of being in danger for speaking his mind. He will help others if he can, but the more danger he would be in himself, the less likely it is that he would help, having always been a bit of a scaredy-cat, when it comes to fighting.
If you manage to talk to him away from any kind of fighting, for example, when he relaxes, he seems like a nice, mellow guy, who's not afraid to get a drink with a friend and have a good time, laughing and smiling in earnest. He can get rather thoughtful and shut himself in at times, in an attempt to sort out his thoughts, though usually, it doesn't last all that long, depending on the situation.

History: Having grown up in the 'good' part of Copenhagen, Leo had always been a little afraid of the unknown and the chaos, worried about what might happen if the chaos or those who bring it with them, would turn up at his doorstep. He grew up with his father, his parents having been divorced just about when he had been born. They grew up in the outskirts of Copenhagen, his father being a taxi driver, meaning that more often than not, Leo would have to take care of himself, make his own dinner once he was old enough, and so on. This made Leo able to become rather self-efficient, even if he won't admit it.

Leo studied to become a chef, creating food and different dishes giving him a lot of pleasure, and being a perfect way for him to relax. His interest had sprung from back when his father continued to be called in to work, making Leo fend for himself. He quickly got absorbed in the world of cooking, and he loves to experiment with new dishes and tastes.
Having had just finished the second year in chef's school, Leo had begun working at a restaurant, as an apprentice, in downtown Copenhagen, still living with his father, but gradually seeing less of him, due to both of their jobs being extremely time consuming. This was around the time when the Atlanteans revealed themselves and showed the world the crystal. That specific day, Daniel was at work, and had no clue what was currently going on. He only realized something was off, when the tattoo appeared on the back of his hand a couple of days later.

He thought it odd, that he suddenly had a mark on the back of his hand, realization about his heritage hitting him as he heard about the broadcast of the Atlanteans, immediately calling in sick from work, in an attempt to keep the tattoo a secret. What he least wanted, was something messing up his current, rather nice life. So for several days, he pretended to be sick and stayed at home, and in a bit of an accident, blinded himself several times as a result of his light-manipulative powers. He did, however, manage to get it under decent enough control within a week, to keep the ability from going off, but he had yet to figure out how to properly control and use it. Not that he wanted to use it. He simply wanted to go back to the way things were.

Ability: Leo has the power of Lumokinesis, meaning that he has the ability to control or manipulate light. This means that he can, among other things, bend existing light, to create illusions or mirages, create light on his own, concentrate light into powerful strikes, or even laser-like beams, and eventually, be able to move over distances at the speed of light.

This power, however, comes with a cost, and over time, he slowly becomes photosensitive. This effectively means that the longer and more powerful abilities he uses, he becomes 'weaker' to powerful light. It can induce headaches, create odd skin pigmentations and easily burn him in direct sunlight, once the sensitivity reaches a high level. At the use of lightspeed movement, his organs and body in general would find it hard to keep up with the rapid movement and eventually start breaking down, if he's not careful with the use of it.

Writing Sample: This sample is from Disease Deoxys, where my character, Axel, who's a Raichu, had just made it out of a dangerous situation with his injured friend, only to get into another sticky situation.

Spoiler:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
@Sir Bastian, that SU looks great!

@Sir Bastian, Retro Bug, Lt Col Fantastic and Arctos: I am waiting for another SU from another RPer before Skymin and I make our final decision on who we accept, but you have all made nice SU's which will make it hard to choose! Good luck to you all!

@Raikiri, Skymin and TheFinalWatchman:
ARF training post is up, Skymin and Raikiri, you will both need to do some sort of joint post with me, while FinalWatchman, if you have no queries, feel free to go ahead with your meditation.

@Supervegeta, Kiklion, The Warden and PkMn Trainer Yellow:
Just waiting for Kiklion's training post before we move on, but other than that, things are looking fantastic! Your fighting posts were superb and interesting to read.

@Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
Nice to see you back, we have missed you.

So far Christian, Brian, Michael and Oakley have made it to the Atlantean Royal Family's Mansion in Boston, England safely, and after and interesting training session, they mad it to bed before getting up for breakfast and more training.

Leon has been joined by Erika, Archie and Jericho in the Syndicate on the evening of his second night there, now awake and somewhat fresh, they have begun testing each others bounds and are now currently fighting against clones of themselves!

@Everyone:So much has happened and I thank you all for making this RP come alive.

Cheers!

Ichiro out!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
And now we wait.

What exactly are we waiting for, again?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Main Information:
Name: Jet 'Lightning' Ingen
Height: 5'5
Weight: 110
Appearance:
Atlantean Tattoo: Am arrowhead pointing up on my chest, and two arrows twisting and rising up my arms.
Physical: Long light brown hair that reaches the base of his head that curls at the end. He's skinny, but not scrawny. He has a telltale sign of a beard, and looks a bit older than he really is, about fifteen or sixteen. He has next to no upper body strength,and he has no abs, but his legs are muscular.His chest is prominent, much like a breastplate, and is as hard as a rock.
Clothing: He always wears khaki shorts, but the type if shirts he wears are different. He usually wears a plain white t-shirt, or a plain green t-shirt. He likes to wear beanies, specifically the ski variety. He has a retro wristwatch he takes with him everywhere he goes.
Personality: He's a lighthearted kid whose fourteen years old. He doesn't care what people say about him; he just wants to get on in life. He's a bit of an oddball, but he knows what a good friend is, and he's as loyal a person as anyone could be. He won't let people hurt his friends. He's clever, and can be a bit of a "smart ass", which has also led to being made fun of. He's a laughing stock, but he doesn't care. All though he's a goofball, he can be dead serious when it's needed.

He again doesn't care what people think of him, so he tends to act on impulse, and gets in trouble for it on occasion, which means a LOT. Whenever someone insults him, he just shrugs it off and says a snappy comeback and moves on. He may seem unlikable on the outside, but on the inside he can be sweet and caring. He hates watching people in pain and would do anything to help.

History: He grew up an awkward kid, oblivious to everything serious around him. He lived in a big city, a city slicker. He had a normal life, with normal friends, and normal parents. People thought he would never make it in the world because he was the only thing that WASN'T normal. As he grew older, he began to enjoy learning, especially about mythology and battle tactics and other such topics, and he was ridiculed for it. He just accepted the ridicule and turned it right back. When he was ten, he took up playing the guitar and became skilled with it, and dreamt of proving himself as a musician.

He grew older and more skilled with his instrument, but people doubted his ability. He kept hoping, dreaming that something amazing would happen so he could be more than just a regular kid. He hated being around so much normal. Once, while he was playing his guitar, he felt a tingling in his head, and passed out. When he awoke, he found tattoos he had never had before on his arms. He passed it off as a convenient smudge, and decided to wash it off in the shower. When he took his shirt off, he saw a tattoo on his chest, and freaked out. After scrubbing it for a while, he realized it wouldn't come off. He played his guitar in frustration and every single window in the city shattered. He strummed it calmly right after that, and it fixed the very same windows he shattered.

Ability: When he plays his guitar, depending on his mood, it creates a magical aura that could destroy, create, heal, or even create emotions. If he's angry and plays, every time he strums, it creates a blast of energy. If he's feeling like he's on top of the world and plays, it creates a light brighter than the sun. When he's feeling calm, it just creates a simple breeze.
He has multiple effects from his multiple emotions, though his most common is when he's excited, a blinding cloak of wind surrounds him. Although he has powers he hasn't even discovered yet, he uses them whenever possible, and found out that he doesn't even need to plug his guitar in for it to work. His powers automatically amplify its sound. His guitar is a BC Rich Revenge Warlock Flame Top

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FROM A DIFFERENT APPLICATION
Writing Sample: The boat pulled ashore and a lively figure leapt off the bow, completely ignoring the gangplank. "See you guys when I'm famous" he called out to the crew of the S.S. Magikarp, and walked slowly to the solitary tent on the beachhead. The energetic young man strode into the tent full of confidence, and a bit of swagger.

Everybody in the tent gave him a strange look, and he just looked back with a huge grin on his face. "Haru. Haru Hatake. Future explorer, future celebrity." Everyone just kept staring at the boy like he was mad. The light reflected off of his long, curly light brown hair, so nobody could get a clear look at him. A voice from the crowd of people called out, "Who the hell are you?" He just kept grinning and repeated his earlier statement, and took a seat. Just watching what was going down.

The professors were hard at work, and the explorers were gathering supplies and checking on their Pokemon teams. Haru, however, just sat in the corner and watched. Finally a man had to know what he was doing, and asked him what he was doing here. "Why is everyone else here? I'm here to get fame and glory. If I'm lucky, treasure." His hazel eyes lit up when that word came out.
The man laughed, disbelieving that such a small child could be an explorer. "Keep telling yourself that son" and he walked off, leaving Haru steaming and wanting to punch the man in the jaw. He skulked in the corner and continued to watch the goings on.

While he sat there pouting, he noticed a shadow hanging over him. He looked up to see a smiling man. He smiled. "Doctor Arden Stone!" he exclaimed loudly. "I've read your books, I like your research." He started to fire question after question off.

The man laughed and sighed. "Sorry son, you've got it wrong. I'm Doctor Laughner. You must be Haru Hatake. I've seen your swagger, and I like your attitude." Haru grinned and brushed invisible dust off his shoulders. The doctor laughed. "You have confidence. That's exactly what I'm looking for." He chuckled. "How do you feel about adventure mixed with Pokemon?"

Haru's eyes lit up brighter than the sun. "Is this what I'm thinking is happening?" and Laughner laughed, then nodded. Haru fainted there on the spot."

"Is anyone with this kid?" The older man called out.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I've been reading through the IC, and so far its looking pretty fantastic. I'm on page four, and I hope the rest is this awesome!

And a side note: When do you think the Sign Ups will be finished with evaluation? I'm not trying to be pushy, but I'm really excited to see if I can join in!I

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
@heretosay123: Thank you for you Sign Up, just waiting on one last RPer to post an SU before I make a judgement.

@Lt Col Fantastic, Retro Bug, Arctos, Sir Bastian and heretosay123: My decision for the three Roleplayers to join Atlantis will be made at 7pm NZST (GMT+12) on Wednesday 1st of August; just under 48 hours from the posting of this post. I wish you all good luck! Any changes you wish to make to your SU's need to be done by then.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ Skymin, feel free to bunny Helena "to the elevator", because I don't think I'll have much to write about before that |D
Perhaps I'll just wait for Silver Rogue to post.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Go and ban him, jk

I'm just excited for the revelation of AUP's big secret or what it was. But I don't want to be the only AUP player xD Please tell me you're going to snatch some of the new players to AUP. AUP has the coolest characters, you know. And the most noble and believable goal. Sort of. I think. Yeah. Maybe. They are the best, anyways. I think.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
The person above me is insane. Syndicate is the best. And coolest. But I have to admit, I like the AUP NPCs the best.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
@heretosay123, Arctos: Thank you for your Sign Ups, unfortunately you two did not make it through to the final 3. I wish you well in your Roleplaying adventures.

@Sir Bastian, Retro Bug and Lt Col Fantastic: Welcome to Atlantis Arising, you three have proved your worth in your Sign Ups and are ready to join the fight! I shall have a talk with Skymin and we will let you know when you may post your first post.

Back