• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

treecko 22

Lucario 9's brother
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2008
this is a weird script editor because when i load a rom some random numbers and letters come up, why ?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
this is a weird script editor because when i load a rom some random numbers and letters come up, why ?
You don't open it with File->Open, you open it with Rom Tools-> Open ROM, or click the icon on the toolbar that looks like a hard-disk.

Edit: Yes, it's perfectly fine if you make a tutorial for it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2009
I was doing your guide for it and i got to the Advance Map thing but my advance map doesnt have that option what do i do? the one were you set the program to read yours

score_under

Years
I was doing your guide for it and i got to the Advance Map thing but my advance map doesnt have that option what do i do? the one were you set the program to read yours
You have an old (possibly buggy) version of advancemap. To get up to date: link.

score_under

Years
Can anyone tell me what a flag is in scriptgen.
A flag is a number used to keep an event from happening again (analogous to a numbered checklist).

If you just want a fast answer:
0x200.
Use that, then for the next event you create, 0x201... then 0x202... when you get to 0x209, go to 0x20A, 0x20B ... 0x20F, then to 0x210. (Such are the ways of hex :P )

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
thanks i have been trying to do the give item function and i could not figure it out

Years
Hey, i'm trying to finish pokemon Shiny Gold of Zel, graphics have been almost done but i don't know much 'bout script so can anybody please give me the script of Pr.Oak in Pallet town (like in PKM Crystal) Green on Cinnabar and Viridian city, and Red in Mt. Silver? Thanks alot

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
What is this written in? Yes, all of a sudden I am interested in writing programs.
You do know that you could either read the first post for that information or download the source and see for your self. If you are too lazy to do that, I doubt you can help programming this.

By the way:
score_under said:
Tech stuff:
PKSV is a GPL-licenced decompiler and compiler for Pokémon Advance ROMs, currently with only one developer - me!
If you get PKSVUI, there are 2 executables: pksvui.exe is the frontend (the graphical IDE) and pksv.exe is the backend.
It is programmed in a mixture of C and ASM, and compiled with MinGW (and passing the -O2 switch to the compiler which reduces filesize, at the expense of being slightly more difficult to debug).
If anyone wanted to know, that annoying crashing bug was a result of a misplaced addition (supposed to be inside an "if") causing memory 1 byte after the command-line argument list to be read. This didn't crash most XPSP2 computers, but caused serious problems on some others.

PKMN101

Likes custom titles
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2009
Can anyone help me? I know this is pretty old but I need to know how to use PKSV to get the offset thing for Advance Map or something like that. Can anyone help me??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back