• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Info - August Discussion Thread

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2012
New high-quality, full versions of the scans! Courtesy of slowkingsley of serebiiforums.
Spoiler:

So, the lowdown.

Apricorns are back, and can be made by Kurt (who also returns - see art) into the old GSC balls. It seems that there's a Berry Planter for Berrys, and an Apricorn Case for Apricorns. Furthermore, Apricorns now have another use! They can be made into a drink that affects Pokethlon stats. And the Psn Cure Berry tree next to Mr Pokemon's house in GSC is now an Apricorn tree going by reports.

Three new events for the Pokethlon have been confirmed - Break Block, Change Relay and Push Circle.

Groudon/Kyorge get their own areas like Raquazza does (or the same place? Either way similar looking places). So that kills off the silly roaming idea around with them. They are at level 50.

The Battle Tower in Crystal has been replaced... with a new Battle Frontier. (Apparently, translations of Coro Coro scans literally state 'This is the Battle Frontier', even!)
Spoiler:

The Bug Catching contest has returned.
Spoiler:

Furthermore, the new area west of Cianwood has been confirmed to be a Safari Zone. What has become of the one in Kanto is currently unknown. Apparently, this one is customisable in that you can move the areas. More infomation may need to be known first though.
Spoiler:

The Mystery Egg (the one in GS as well as Crystal which was a Togepi) is back.
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
New corocoro Scans

Ok so here is whats been shown:

-Apricorns are back
-Some sort of battle frontier will be west of olivine city
-Bug catching contest will be in the game!
-Rayqaza will be catchable at lv50
-West of cinawood is a safari game!
-You will recive a mystery eeg

Will be putting up more scans shortly

corocoro.png
corocoro2.png
rayray.png

87040196.png

Battle frontier?

37654609.png

The new safai area! (i thought it was a pal park but no one saw a safari area comming XD)

Sorce: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Thanks serebii for the great information!

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver - *2 NEW COROCORO SCANS*

Click The Link Below To View The CoroCoro Scans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwwHn_XMFW0

New CoroCoro Scans Have Arrived,

The First Scan Introduces That Apricorns Have Returned, In A Different Way, Instead Of Getting Kurt To Make Them Into Pokéballs For You, You Now Have The Ability To Grow Them With The New Apricorn Case And Using The SquirtBottle, There are 7 Pokéballs That Can Be Made From The Apricorns, They Are;

Fast Ball - Catches Pokemon That Flee
Friend Ball - Increases The Happiness Of A Captured Pokemon
Heavy Ball - Catches A Heavy Pokemon More Successfully
Level Ball - Catches A Pokemon At A Lower Level More Easier
Love Ball - Captures The Oposite Gender Pokemon
Lure Ball - Captures A Pokemon Caught With A Rod More Easier
Moon Ball - Captures Pokemon That Evolve With A Moon Stone Easier

The Second CoroCoro Scan Hasnt Got As Much Information, However The Picture Displays New Area West Of Cianwood is a New Safari Zone,

Extra - Like In Gold & Silver When Receiving The Mystery Egg In Violet Citys Pokemon Center From Professor Elms' Aide, This Feature Will Be Added To HG/SS Hatching Into A Togepi
The National Parks Bug Catching Game Will Be Making A Return Also!
Also, The BattleTower From Pokemon Crystal Located In Olivine City MAY Be Returning To HG/SS, This Has NOT been Confirmed, I'll Keep You Updated!

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I wonder if the Safari zone might be only accessible after the National Dex is obtained and contains pokemon from other regions since it's on the borderline of Johto.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
2 people who posted before you have already posted this so theres no need for it (and they posted it at the same time lol)

blue

gucci
Years
Lol, I Know, I've just Realised This Thread Has Been Posted Twice, But That Was Only After I'd Uploaded It, Lol.

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2012
thats true lol
me and pokemon legue champion posted it at the same time lol

Years
I saw a safari park coming, i mean, Johto was the only region without one..
i think it'll have heonn + sinnoh pokemon :)
i like the apricorns ;o
+ the battle fronteir, wahey!
hopfully it'll have different events than the battle fronteir in Sinnoh.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
Years

WOW :cer_laugh: this is amazing :cer_smile:
i like the apricorn case..and im soo excited
about the Johto Battle Frontier :cer_giggle:
many thankx for the info =]​

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
The Battle Frontier where it is doesn't surprise me at all. If you remember, Crystal had the Battle Tower there. It's only natural that they put the Battle Frontier there (might as well add to the area, right? lol). And I agree with Guns: "My god this is going to be the greatest pokemon game ever." Yes...yes it is. :laugh:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Well, its good to see they finally updated screenies again, and the shot of rayquaza may help the people who are trying to find out where it will be found, which it kinda looks like a stadium. I wonder how much planning went in to such a good game (they really used those 4 years didn't they :P)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
YES! Worthy news!!

I'm absolutely ecstatic about the apricorns! That's so neat how you have your own case where you can grow your own apricorns on the go!

Sweet about the Battle Frontier. I was pretty sure they were going to have it but know i'm just that more excited!

Yay Bug Catching Contests! Now I will be able to catch my scyther!

Thats cool about Rayguaza! His area looks sooo cool! lv.50? oh well better then nothing

and a SARFI ZONE! yay!!! this is good :)

Years
I cant wait for the new games to come out as the metal gen was my favourite, not to mention the old bug catching contest. Good times.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Almost as amazing than this info is that there's been four threads already made on the same stuff. =P Eh, already merged - let's keep it to one thread.

Quite interesting,a and a Battle Frontier in is interesting, and basically has me give them the thumbs up. =D

Safari zone being the area west of Cianwood is interesting... wonder what's with the Kanto one (if it doesn't come back, which seems likely atm).. Interesting that the Bug Catching competition is back too - and since the Warden from RBY's Safari Zone had been there in GSC... mmm, speculation.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
Years
Yay! Will the eevee sisters still be in it? Because I love the eevee forms. Bug catching contests sucked because I only ever got scyther and weedle. :(. Apricorns rocked though. Also, I think they should have a Battle Frontier like in the anime, spread all round the region.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
Years
Whitney's Miltank is going to be hard, again. Thanks to the Platinum stuff. :( I cry.

Back