• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hack of: Pokemon Gold
Hack Name: Pokemon Chrome

Introduction:
Hello everyone. It's me, Melash! Some of you may remember me, some may not. I'm the dude behind AncientEmerald. I've been in the ROM Hacking Scene since 2008. It's been on and off since then because of, well, life. However, I've finally gotten my hack complete enough for a Demo release. This is the first hack I've actually released playable content for. So..let's delve into this hack a little bit!

Storyline:
Prepare for a brand new experience. Chrome is far from your staple Pokemon game. You live on the peak of Mt.Lagna, a small town isolated from the outside world. Despite it being your 16th birthday, your overprotective mother forbids you from getting a Pokemon. It seems as though an adventure isn't a possibility. Or is it? I don't want to give away any of the storyline, just play it and see what happens!

Features:
-Completely redone game
-Two brand new regions
-Revamped graphics, including custom tiles and devamps
-All scripts are fresh and new
-Running Shoes added in (Credit to Koolboyman)
-Brand new storyline
-No more UPPERCASE PROPER NOUNS. Everything is lowercase.
-Tons of other features. Just play and see for yourself.

Screenshots:
Here's what you've all been waiting for. Enjoy:
cavem.png
centerqd.png
forestg.png
gymh.png
krystalh.png
labr.png
lagna.PNG
mtlagna.png
routeg.png
shopm.png
signsa.png
trainerqw.png
wallo.png
wall2e.png

Credits:
Koolboyman - Running Shoes, some tiles and inspiration from his hack
Miksy91 - Helped fix some glitches
Tauwasser - Amazing Scripting Compendium
Mateo - Cool dude, answered a lot of questions for me
Storm118 - My best friend. Helped out a ton with ideas. The Demo wouldn't be completed without him.

Download:
The Demo will be posted at Midnight MST.

Demo Notes:
The Demo allows you to travel to two towns, three routes, and two dungeons. If there are any glitches you discover please post them here.
Known Glitches:
-The Town Map labels are not finished
-Blacking out can sometimes cause you to start at the beginning of the game
-The gate at Ceples City is the end of the Demo.

Support:
If you'd like to support this game, please check out my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/adudewithsunglasses

Feedback, support, and constructive criticism are gladly welcome!

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
Ah I remember when you posted this last year, got sad when I didn't see the original thread anymore :(. Glad you started back up, can't wait to play!

Back