• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Oh hi, I'll be rping now.
I've done oodles of text based rp before, a lot as chats, and a fair amount on forums.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Welcome mucus, to the fabulous RPing section of PC, we are so much better than sliced bread :D
Make sure to check the Roleplaying Library to see all currently active RPs with ease, the Rules to make sure what is yes yes and what is no no, and the Check to See Thread for whenever a new RP is accepted :] Overall, have fun, and don't hesitate to just randomly VM or PM people should you have a question or just feel like talking, this s a very friendly community so hopefully your stay will be enjoyable for as long as it is :D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Thank you for all your answers, people. Let me answer my own questions now, as I forgot to do that...

1. What kind of role generally entices you in an RP?
I want my character to believe in something, and to share a powerful feature with the other players (Supervegeta's Gold Tribe, e.g.). More specifically, I think I'm attracted to lone wolf kind of guys, who are different than the pack that travels together, yet still a wolf like them. (Bloodthirster!)

2. You want to have the option of being a good or bad guy, or is that situational with the RP you're applying for?
Anything does for me. Each character, good or bad, has their beauty for me. It's not about being good or bad as it's come to be, it's about finding that certain something that makes them who they are. As for hurting others, I'm not sensitive. This is a story we're writing, that is by all means fictional. There's no room for conscience here if you want to make a realistic story.

3. Do you think you should be equals with your fellow players IC, or superior and inferior roles are needed?
I do think superior and inferior roles are needed, but if I was the GM, I would personally judge each people separately from their SUs to determine if they are fit for the role. I wouldn't like handing out a superior role to one who's not worth it and/or may get overboard.

4. And if there was this kind hierarchy, would you be able to handle superior roles?
Certainly, I can handle superior roles. I know what must be done and I have a clear sense of direction in each of the RPs I'm in (mostly mine xD), so asserting command would come easily to me. How much I would project that superiority over others is determined by what kind of character I would have IC, not by me.

A word of advice: if you don't know how to handle superior roles, you are most probably not fit for a GM, unless you learn to.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Any, I do not mind roleplaying as the hobo or as the king
2. You want to have the option of being a good or bad guy, or is that situational with the RP you're applying for?
No I don't like an option of being bad or good I rather deep character development over time. i.e. Walter White from breaking bad XD
3. Do you think you should be equals with your fellow players IC, or superior and inferior roles are needed?
Yes depending on the Roleplay, and No depending again on the type of roleplay
4. And if there was this kind hierarchy, would you be able to handle superior roles?
Of course don't we live our lives with people who have superior roles, school teachers, boss', mothers etc. but if it's like a dictatorship/depotism I wouldn't mind it playing the jarhead

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ray has made this awesome thread to help writers in the fanfiction section flesh out their characters - and he reckons it could be useful over here to! :)

Why not give it a go, answer the questions provided for one of your characters - someone will then pose further questions and help you elaborate further, helping you get to know your characters.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I try to vary my roles in RP. Sometimes I'll play the quiet type, sometimes the obnoxious type, sometimes a perfectly normal person.
As long as there is plenty of room for character development I feel enticed to play.

Situational.
Though I usually play a somewhat good guy. Meaning a person who tries to be good, but might sometimes do bad things.
I'm hoping to play an out and out bad guy soon though.

I really like if all members of an RP are equal.
There of course needs to be a game master, otherwise progress is difficult or non-existant. But being a game master shouldn't make one player superior to others.

I usually wind up taking the role of game master, both because I can handle it, and because I kind of enjoy it.
Actually, I am almost always playing game master in my RPs, so I'm hoping in these new ones I'm participating in I won't be doing that! ;)

Dumb question, but serious question: what does SU mean?

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
^Sign-Up :3

It refers to the character profiles created by a RPer when they join a Roleplay :]
Name, Age, Gender, so on and so forth. The required fields are all specified within the Roleplay's first post :) Either in the OOC Thread or the IC Thread, both on some instances. And stuff.

EDIT
RPer=Roleplayer. Basically, the user playing a character in a Roleplay.
RP=Roleplay. Self explanatory.
OOC=Out of Character. Discussion on matters that do not really include actual posting.
IC=In Character. Where one gets into their character and does the actual RPing :3

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Ooohhhh Sign Up SU!
I kept thinking super user.
I wondered who the super users were.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ooohhhh Sign Up SU!
I kept thinking super user.
I wondered who the super users were.
That is quite funny. We should implement that usergroup on PC ;D But yeah, there's a lot of terminology but I hope it's not too tedious TEDIOUS to get into. You'll get the hang of it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
and GM is game master. ;)

i think quite a bit of the terminology is explained in the rules thread!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So has anyone thought of implementing gen VI pokémon in their RPs yet? Or would you rather wait until more about the games is know, or at least more of the evolution lines?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
So has anyone thought of implementing gen VI pokémon in their RPs yet? Or would you rather wait until more about the games is know, or at least more of the evolution lines?

I thought people would try and sign up to the event RP with Gen 6 pokémon but nobody did! I guess it is because of the lack of information, move sets, evolutions, etc.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
One of my characters in the Age of Heroes is a Pangoro, Gen IV Pokemon. His type, dark, and his image were all I needed to make him. He's described as a bully, so his personality fits accordingly, only he's an honorable bully. :D

here, I even drew him:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years

Any role, actually, if I have to. But when I get to choose, I usually like to take the role of the smart/tech/kid character role. I dunno, but it's what I fit in best.

Weeeellll, I can't really answer that question without a few "if"s and "but"s. I'd say situational, though. I generally like being a good guy, even though being bad is more fun, and adds some spice to the RP.

I definitely think inferior and superior roles are needed for most RPs. It gives a sense of place and belonging to every member of the RP, and organizes it. But still, it depends on the situation.

I honestly don't think so. I don't usually enjoy being a captain/chief/boss, even though I might be good at it. I usually prefer handling lower roles such as the ones mentioned in the first question.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I thought people would try and sign up to the event RP with Gen 6 pokémon but nobody did! I guess it is because of the lack of information, move sets, evolutions, etc.

I woulda signed up as Mega Mawile, but I didn't know if we were allowed to or not . . .

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
I've been thinking for a while about making some sort of Elder Scrolls rp. But I don't know if I should base it around the quest lines in the games, or maybe a completely new story. If any of you have ever played any of the Elder Scrolls games please give me some sort of idea, and I might even reserve you a slot.

Chalifoux

Years
Elder Scrolls has been discussed here and attempted so many times x3
The main problem with those RPs is how the setting is developed. Will you allow the players to roam and to do as they please wth only a few quests thrown here and there? It wouldn't work unless a)the RPers were diehard ES players or b)had extensive imagination, otherwise they'd be clueless as to what kind of thing to do, might loose interest etc etc.

Plus the setting. I believe everyone here wants to see Elsewayr and other places other than Skyrim?

And the story, it could be canon as much as it could be made up. I'd be intrigued equally by both. But I want to know if an Elder Scrolls RP can be maintained successfully, as I feel like one of those would be a major hit on the RPC if it was handled adequately :3

I really want an Elder Scrolls RP to happen so pardon my sudden walls of inquiries x3
Just hearing the series' name gets me very excited :p

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
I originally thought that maybe I could just throw them into the skyrim main quest line, but it really wouldn't work. I would find it hard to believe the divines bestowing the power of the Dragonborn to a group, then I started to think about the Oblivion quest line. That would work pretty well as it could start from any setting. Maybe the hero of oblivion never existed and maybe a number of people decided to fight it off themselves and teamed up. And I was also thinking, maybe let the story start a month before the crisis, so people can roleplay the lives of their characters without having to fight off the armies of Oblivion at the beginning. Also considering Elsweyr, I don't know much about the province. But I could easily read through the lore and learn about all the places. Still undecided on everything though.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

When I post my roleplay I am going to be implementing Gen VI. Obviously not everything will be available initially, but the games will be coming out within a month of my posting it (assuming I post it when I plan), so it wouldn't be much of a wait. :3

@Swifty the Magical Foxy dude - I had actually planned to, but I wasn't sure if it was allowed. >.>; I then figured that I'd use one of my old pokémon characters that I missed, rather than ask and wait for an answer. Pfft

I noticed we're discussing another Elder Scrolls RP? Ah, mine is still in the works! Pokémon x TES. I've just postponed it until I wrap up preparations for the main RP that I'm working on. Plus, I had started writing a fanfiction about it, so it might help me come up with ideas for it if I continue to work on that first.

But I would love to see a successful Elder Scrolls roleplay pop up. Everyone, work on one! d:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back