• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
I returned to some serious training with a 1 on 1 with Odysseus the Lombre who after some good training was level 21. I got back my other part of my team and headed to the Bike shop where I picked up a Green Bike. I also got a new outfit. Then we headed up the hill, Hercules (Lvl 27), Achilles (Lv 25), Bellerophon (Lv 23) and Oddysseus (Lv 21), to beat the next Gym. We actaully were greeted by him outside the gym and he gave us an HM. I soon taught it to Hercules so he could learn something new for our Journey Ahead.

Inside the gym was a rock wall. We scaled it and battle trainers using rock type Pokemon. Gym Leader Grant was waiting at the top and smiled as we stood tall on top of the Rock Wall. We challenged him to a battle, and he sent out Amaura and I sent out Hercules but he was taken out with a take down that was Super Effective?!!?! So I sent out Bellerophon who defeated it with Bullet Seed. He then sent out Tyrunt and using Stun Spore, fairy wind and bullet seed Bellerophon took it out. He then congratulated me and I got my 2nd Badge and I got to use the HM Strength outside of battle. This gave me an Idea about a boulder on RT 8.

So we returned to route 8 and Hercules moved a boulder into a hole. We then found a Water Stone, immediatly Odysseus gazed at it and then snatched and he evolved to Ludicolo. Wow he is stronger than ever now. We soon returned to Cyllage and went to route 10. We found some interesting Pokemon and Team Flare showed up. I battled many of them and Bellephrone evolved to Jumpluff, we made it to Geosenge Town and was chasing one of them down when Serena showed up. DANG he escaped somewhere. She then left me and as went to Exit a Lucario greeted me and its trainer Korrina wanted to battle me, so I defeated her with Odysseus. We talked for a few minutes before I set out towards Route 11 where I battled some awesome tough trainers. I got a Holocast from the Professor about the mega revolutions in Shalour City and to meet the others there.

Reflection Cave: I actually caught 2 Pokemon in here a Woobat, and a Roggenrola. I also battled many trainers and caught up with Tierno who FLASHED me with his Flashy dance moves LOL. (He gave me a tm flash). I finally made it out of the cave and made it to Shalour City.

My team has grown a bit and even Roggenrola who evolved into Boldore was strong. Someone was asking for a Boldore and I traded her for a Rotom! (Which I had her name him Perseus for me). So we traded and I got a new Pokemon and Boldore evolved while traded!

I soon ran into Trevor and Tierno who gave me a stone and we headed to the Tower of Mastery to talk with the Guru (Who needs his eyebrows waxes/trimmed), everyone finally met up and we told him about the stone. Korrina wanted Serena and I to battle and see out techniques. I won of course, I think Serena needs to up her game for next time! Korrina then wanted me to come to the gym and battle her. So off we went.

My team: Hercules (Lvl 31), Achilles (Lv 31), Bellerophon (Lv30) and Oddysseus (Lv 30), & Perseus (18).

As we got inside it was a Skate park gym. We battled 4 trainers who in which turned on a device that made Bars appear near the Gym Stage. We soon Battled Korrina and her Fighting Team. Mienfoo and her Hawlucha were taken out by Bellorophon. Hercules battled Machoke and won! I got my 3rd Gym badge and she told me I could use Surf across the water. We soon had to head back to the Tower and meet Korrina to discuss the mega stone. Lucario battled with me at the top against her to show me Mega Evolution. Which was Awesome, He then wanted to come with me but I told him that I wasnt his trainer, but he should stay with Korrina. Before exiting Shalour we were greeted by Serena who gave me SURF and told me she was challenging Korrina next.

I then taught Surf to Odysseus and we went to Route 12 to cross the Pond to get to Coumarine City, but before that we trained and we fought some trainers and Achilles evolved to Venusaur! In Coumarine City which was Basically the Lower side was connected to the Upper Side by a Monorail. So we went to the Monorail to get to the next GYM. But inside was the professor talking to a woman. They congradualted me on the mega Stone work and I got HM Fly. We proceeded to the next Gym were I got a holocast inform that Serena already beat us there and won her 4th badge. Dang she is working hard! We caught up with her at the Gym to Battle Meowstic, Absol, and her Braixen all good levels.

The Gym was my type of Gym. It was an Obstacle Course and the trainers used Grass Types. Gym Leader Ramos (Which I want his job one day), is really wise and cool for an older guy. We soon battled his Grass Pokemon vs my Grass Pokemon. Jumpluff vs Achilles, Gogoat vs Hercules, and Weepinbell vs Odysseus! With some cool moves and maneuvers my team grew and defeated Ramos. We did it we got our 4th Badge. We headed to route 13 where we heard about the Power Plant and something was wrong with it. So we head out to investigate.

Kalos Power Plant : Team flare was up to no good in this place. We had to stop these guys/girls!!! My team and I went on and full force Wrecked them. Hercules even evolved and was stronger than ever, I taught him Low Sweep to give him a new move against Dark Type Pokemon. We saved the Power Plant and got some Items from the Workers who Thanked us! NEXT onto the next Gym and return to Lumiose City!

Hercules (Lvl 36), Achilles (Lv 36), Bellerophon (Lv36) and Oddysseus (Lv 36), & Perseus (25).

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Going to RP for this run.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! My very first Pokemon, I am so excited, especially since Halloween is coming soon! I managed to sneak out of the house with my pajamas on, I find them to be way more comfortable. I left my hat at home too; I guess I just forgot it!

I met our new neighbors Serena and Shauna. They tell me Professor Sycamore has heard of me and is going to give me a Pokemon for a very important adventure. The three of us go to meet Trevor and Tierno in Aquacorde Town. After some playful banter, I receive my first Pokemon, a Fennekin which Ive named "Dumbledore".

After delivering a letter to mother, she didn't seem to mind me wearing my jammies for some reason, I headed off to Santalune forest with my four new friends. We traversed the forest and met several trainers along the way. After we got through the other side we made it to Santalune City.

I walked up to the gym and this girl started yelling at me! She challenged me to a battle. When I won, she gave me a pair of rollerskates as a reward. They were nice a comfy and I didn't have to walk barefoot anymore!

I made a pitstop at the Pokemon Center and began challenging the gym. I managed to defeat all of the trainers leading up to the gym leader, Viola. For some reason, she took a picture of me at the start of our battle. I was a little weirded out, but maybe she liked my pajamas. The battle was treacherous, but I managed to defeat her without much issue.

Viola and I chatted for a bit and she gave me a gym badge and a TM. Before leaving town, I visited the Pokemon Center again and got ready to head north. Before I left the Pokemon Center, a Delibird came in and delivered a small package to me. Inside the package was a white Pokeball and a letter. It said:

This Pokemon has traveled across both space and time in
order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.

Wow! The letter didn't specify a sender, so I'm not sure who to thank. I threw the ball to see what Pokemon was inside of it. As soon as I threw it, the entire room lit up with a bright, shining light. The light dissipated and I saw a gorgeous green Zubat. Huh, I didn't know these could be green. Cool! The Zubat flew towards my face and hugged me, as if I was a long lost friend. Somehow, this felt right.

We left the Pokemon Center and headed north, eager to start our spooky Pokemon adventure.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tl;dr
Started a Halloween Pokemon run in Kalos. I modified my game so I can keep the pajamas on; no bag, no hat. Here is my team so far:
fennekin.gif
041.gif

The Zubat I originally caught in Emerald in a premier ball. I transferred it up a while ago, but have never used it. It's level 36, so I probably can't use for for another gym or two.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Return to Lumiose City: So After getting the Lights back on we ventured back to the City. Hercules (Lvl 36), Achilles (Lv 36), Bellerophon (Lv36), Oddysseus (Lv 36), & Perseus (25). I also added my Woobat ~ Wilber to my team to fly around later on. We ran into Shauna and she was surprised we got the power back on. We then headed over to the Eiffel tower and watched it light up! Clemont invited us to be his first Contestants on his Gym Battle Show. So Off we went.

Inside it was a TV Quiz show on knowing your pokemon. If you got it right you got to move on to the next floor. We made it to the top after getting all the Questions correct. Gym Leader Clemont used Electric types against my team.
Emolga versed Achilles, Magneton versed Oddyseus and his Heliolisk versed Hercules. My team defeated him and got even stronger.

We then Headed back out and the Professor wanted us to meet him in the Tea Shop near the middle of town... So we went and had a conversation. After that we were off the The Pokemon Chateau and Woobat battled the trainers, gaining some levels and learning some good moves. We earned the the Title; EARL. And then we fly back to Lumiose, and got a Holocast asking us to join our Friends on Route 14. We got challenged by Serena and easily took out her best pokemon. It started to Rain and we started to head towards the next town.

I ran into a few pokemon Goomy, Haunter, and Weepinbell. I caught the Weepinbell and named her Cassandra. Many great trainers battled me and my team was stronger. We caught up with the others (Shauna, Tierno, Trevor) at a Haunted House. We were told a sort of scary story by a Guy. After that we headed into Laverre City.

Laverre City: With my team healed, and after buying some clothing. Woobat fly me back to Cyllage so he could get a Massage. We then travel a bit back to the Battle Chateau and he battled more people. He soon evolved into Swoobat! So we flew back to Laverre and headed straight for our next Gym badge.

Gym Leader Valerie used Fairy types. Mawile versed Hercules, Mr. Mime versed Bellaphron and Sylveon versed Achilles. My team had a few moments were it was a stand still but they did a great job in defeating their opponents. We earned our 6th Badge!

After that we headed on over to the Pokeball Factory were some trouble from Team Flare was Brewing. Shauna and Trevor distracted the guard in front so Serena and I could get in and stop them. Serena did a lot of heavy lifting so I could sneak past the guards and I got to the office. Unfortunatly the guy was being Harrassed by Team Flare. Serena soon jumped in to help me and we defeated them and chased them off. The guy gave us both Masterballs and a Big Nugget.

Hercules (Lvl 45) Chesnaught
Achilles (Lv 46) ~ Venusaur
Bellerophon (Lv46) ~ Jumpluff
Oddysseus (Lv 45) ~ Ludicolo
Perseus (42) ~ Rotom
Wilber (34) ~ Swoobat

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Going to RP for this run.
Route 4 had this lovely fountain, which was perfect for skating around. Round and round I went until I was challenged to a battle by some other skaters. After that, a bunch of little kids wanted to battle as well. By the time I arrived in Lumiose City, I was wiped out.

I met Dexio and Sina when I got there. We chatted for a bit; they mostly wanted to know if I've seen a Flabebe and about Professor Sycamore. They led me though the gate into Lumiose City and I was presented with a massive metropolis! Wow! This city is huge, I thought.

When I first met with Professor Sycamore, he wanted to battle me. He used a Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur to battle. It was tough, but I managed to win. As a reward, he gave me the Bulbasaur to keep. I was very grateful.

I didn't spend too much time exploring the city, and headed out to Route 5. When going though the gate, some guy named Mr. Bonding wanted to "bond" with me. I thought that was kind of weird. In Route 5, I visited the skate park and continued on, only to be challenged by Tierno. I defeated him, rather easily, and pressed onward to Camphrier Town.

This town was rather small compared to Lumiose City, but I suppose the all are. I decided to check out the Shabboneau Castle before going to Route 7. I found Shauna there when suddenly a guy comes in telling us of a problem on Route 7. We left for there right away.

I didn't stop to visit the Berry fields or explore Route 6, but instead went to see what all the commotion was about. There was this huge Pokemon laying in the middle of the bridge on Route 7 and it was fast asleep. The locals noted I needed the Poke Flute to wake it, and would find it up north past Route 6 in Parfum Palace.

They charged me $1000 to enter through the main gates. Lame! I got inside and explored around a bit. I managed to find a room with a comfy bed, and since I was already in my pajamas, I took a quick nap. Hey, I spent good money getting in here, I'm going to get the most out of it!

In the courtyard, Shauna and I found the owner's Furfrou and as a reward, we got to see a really neat fireworks show. He also gave us the Poke flute! We went back to the Snorlax and woke it up, causing it to be very angry. I battled it, and barely won.

I ran back to the Pokemon Center in Camphrier Town and took a rest. Then, I went back to Route 7, where Tierno and Trevor were waiting to show me the daycare. I decided to put the Bulbasaur there so it can be taken care of during my journey.

I kept going and saw the Battle Chateau. I didn't go inside, but I got a lovely souvenir photo! I'll return one day and challenge all the trainers in there.

wnmLWmw.jpg

Before working my way though Connecting Cave, Serena wanted me to battle with her against Trevor and Tierno. I agreed and we had a great time. We, of course, won.

I headed off to Route 8 and finally made it to Ambrette town. I stopped off at the Pokemon Center for a more extended rest when the same Delibird from before comes in. He hands me an Egg and runs off quickly.

I was about to put the Egg down, when it suddenly started glowing. It lit up the entire Pokemon Center and out came this massive Pumpkaboo. This this was gigantic! One can even say that it was Super Sized! It looked really happy to see me.

The four of us rested there for the night, eager to resume our journey in the morning!
tl;dr
Started a Halloween Pokemon run in Kalos. Here is my team so far:
braixen.gif
042.gif
pumpkaboo-super.gif

--- Level 24 ------------ Level 37 ----------- Level 1

(The Pumkaboo was bred from one the event Pumpkaboo that happened last year.)

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2018
Just started my first journey in Pokemon X. I am playing with a few self imposed rules, nothing crazy. I am keeping track of my team and progress in my signature.

First, I am only using Pokemon that are new to the 6th generation.
Second, besides my starter, no Pokemon I am using on my team will be above 500 base stat (501 + illegal).
Third, I am not looking for beneficial natures or EV training.
Fourth and finally, I am not going to use EXP share and am going to limit my item use in battle: no revives and only 4 items per battle (this is what Gym leaders do).

Looking forward to sharing my journey!

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2018
Chapter 1: Started my journey in the brand new Kalos region (for me). I happily selected Chespin as my first Pokemon. I named him Chester =). I proceeded to Santalune City, but on the way caught my second companion, the regional bird Pokemon Fletchling! I named her Fawkes after a fire bird in the Harry Potter series. I had little trouble with Viola at the Santalune Pokemon gym, as Fawkes handled her bug Pokemon with ease. The Bug Badge is mine!

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2018
Chapter 2: I proceeded to Lumiose City and met with Professor Sycamore for the first time. We battled and I obtained the Kanto Pokemon Charmander! However, do to my self imposed rules I will not be using Charmander. I traveled to Camphrier Town and then to Parfum Palace where I returned Furfrou and watched the fireworks with my friend Serena. I then collected the Poke Flute to wake up Snorlax. In the process, Chester and Fawkes evolved into their 2nd forms! On the way back I made a new friend Espurr who I named Sophie after my real life cat =). Then I proceeded to wake up Snorlax and after a long and fierce battle, I caught it!

Last edited:

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
So unfortunatly I wonder traded twice Yesterday. I got a BAD EGG from someone and my game automatically saved. The egg multiplied every time i went into my PC into a different spot. frustrated i didn't; save and let it charge for the night.
I went to go on this morning and my SAVE FILE is corrupted.

SO RIP the Following Pokemon

Perseus (42) ~ Rotom
Wilber (34) ~ Swoobat

The person was named (0 v 0) and was from Japan.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
NocturnLeader, I am SO sorry to hear what happened. I think that has me spooked enough to stay away from Wonder Trade for a while. RIP to your team, it was an interesting story!

October 2, 2015

A did a short bout of training before work, and my Zorua evolved into Zoroark!

439. Zoroark

I retired Wigglytuff and Banette as well.

October 6, 2015

Finally, I have a day off that I can focus a bit on some Pokémon training! Continuing to use the Battle Chateau to give my Pokémon some experience, my Gothita evolved into Gothorita, and my Bonsly evolved into Sudowoodo!

440. Gothorita

441. Sudowoodo

I retired Zoroark today as well. And Sudowoodo was the last rock-type I needed in Kalos!

A-018-1 Adventure Rock-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Rock-type Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex. 10/06/2015

October 7, 2015

During some morning training, my Gothorita evolved into Gothitelle!

"Gothitelle, the Astral Body Pokémon, and the evolved form of Gothita. Gothitelle can predict the future from the placement and movement of the stars. Starry skies thousands of light-years away are visible in the space distorted by their intense psychic power. They can see trainers' life spans."

442. Gothitelle

Since it was a beautiful day outside, I decided to take a nice three and a half mile walk around the local lake. The walking charged up the O-Powers for a big push I was planning to make tonight to complete my Pokédex.

I took my Pokémon to Restaurant Le Yeah for some triple battles. My Teddiursa evolved into Ursaring, and my Lickitung evolved into Lickilicky! This also gained me a medal for obtaining all the normal-types in Kalos.

"Lickilicky, the Licking Pokémon, and the evolved form of Lickitung. Lickilicky wrap things with their extensible tongue. Getting too close to it will leave you soaked with drool. Their saliva contains lots of components that can dissolve anything. The numbness caused by their lick does not dissipate."

443. Ursaring

444. Lickilicky

A-006-1 Adventure Normal-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Normal-type Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex. 10/07/2015

Then I gave my Scyther a Metal Coat, and it evolved into Scizor! And that earned me two more medals as well!

"Scizor, the Pincer Pokémon, and the evolved form of Scyther. Scizor have steel-hard bodies. They intimidate foes by upraising their eye-patterned pincers. These pincers, which contain steel, can crush any hard object it gets ahold of into bits."

445. Scizor

A-022-1 Adventure Steel-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Steel-type Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex. 10/07/2015
A-017-1 Adventure Bug-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Bug-type Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex. 10/07/2015

After another round of triple battles at the restaurant, my Swablu evolved into Altaria!

446. Altaria

And after one final course at the restaurant (since I cannot carry any more Big Mushrooms), my Deino evolved into Zweilous!

447. Zweilous

Then I returned to the Battle Chateau, where I had a rematch against Gym Leader Olympia. She used her Sigilyph and Meowstic, but they were no match for my Altaria and Zweilous. Well, mostly my Zweilous. Then I continued to battle at the Battle Chateau.

Over the course of the day, I ended up retiring quite a few Pokémon: Gothitelle, Sudowoodo, Spinda, Ursaring, Lickilicky, Scizor, Ditto, Altaria, and Druddigon. And to finish off the night, my Dratini evolved into Dragonair! I'd say that was a productive day towards my Pokémon goals.

448. Dragonair

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2018
So unfortunatly I wonder traded twice Yesterday. I got a BAD EGG from someone and my game automatically saved. The egg multiplied every time i went into my PC into a different spot. frustrated i didn't; save and let it charge for the night.
I went to go on this morning and my SAVE FILE is corrupted.

SO RIP the Following Pokemon

Perseus (42) ~ Rotom
Wilber (34) ~ Swoobat

The person was named (0 v 0) and was from Japan.

Terrible to hear =\

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Pokemon X: Iris Cobalt

I started out this morning from waking up to a good dream to moms fletchling flying into my face. I seriously dislike how it does that from time to time. So after I cleaned up the feathers on my bed I got dressed and headed down stairs where mom was making oatmeal. I passed because it smelled a bit like sour apples. She told me my friends were outside waiting. Calem and Shauna were of course waiting for me because it was the big day were all three of us were getting Pokemon of our very own.

I met them outside and we headed over to two Boys Tierno and Trevor. The decided to try to give me a Nickname but I told them to call me Iris. I also picked out a fennekin as my starter. Calem got a froakie, and shauna a chespin. I named mine Haydn and the boys left. Shauna and I battled with our pokemon. I won her and she healed our pokemon. Calem went back home and so did I to get a few things and tell our Parents that we wanted to be Pokemon Trainers. After all the tears I was off and headed to route 2. Calem taught me and Shauna how to catch Pokemon. That was cool but Shauna was still Dumb founded at the idea.

Santalune Forest: Shauna and I stayed together in the forest. I found many interesting Pokemon but I was just getting Haydn some good training. I also battled a few trainers in here. Shauna was still looking for a Pikachu but I didn't see any. We got out of the woods and the 5 of us all headed our separate ways on RT 3. Meanwhile I saw some woman on skates wizz by me and I chased her to Santalune City were i battled her, and she gave me a pair of skates. SWEEEEEET. Haydn was level 12 and was doing great in battles. We headed over to the Pokecenter and found Tierno who told us more about it. With my partner healed I then went to the gym.

Gym Leader Viola had a Spider-web in her gym. I beat the trainers and then headed to her for a Battle.

Surkit Vs Haydn : Haydn Howled whiled Surkit used quick attack, Haydn used scratch a couple of times as Surkit used bubble, but Haydn won. Then versed and it was a tough battle, I had to use 4 potions because of the 2 critical hits from her Pokemon! I won with Haydn on 2 hp and was on level 14.

I earned my first badge and then went to heal my Pokemon. Haydn and I then met Violas sister who gave us an HP share. We then headed onto Route 4 where I found a Budew and I caught it, I named her Thorn. She was level 8. I think she will be a great edition to the team!

I started to train her on route 4 along with Haydn. We found many items and a Poison barb which I gave to Thorn. I also battled many great trainers and saw cool pokemon. Then I ran into the Professors assistants and they told me about the professor and showed me where he lived.

Lumiose City: I found the Professor and the Calem and Shauna joined us as well. He asked calem and shauna to battle and he chose me to Battle with him. I battled his 3 starters that come from Kanto. After the battle, Haydn evolved into Braixen, and he offered me One of the starters, so I chose Squirtle and named him Hudson. He told us about MEga Evolutions and wanted us to research it more. Tierno and Trevor showed up late but we all soon left together. We saw two people arguing over something before we left. Calem asked me to meet him at the tea shop. So I went with him, after that I got a Hair cut, I look super cute now.

I actually back tracked to mom training my pokemon along the way, I got home and I showed her my Pokemon. I then played with my pokemon and fed them, I also started to super train with Thorn. I soon had my team rested and we slept for the night.

Haydn lv 17, Thorn Lv 14, Hudson Lv 13

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Pokemon X: Iris Cobalt

Back to route 5: The nest morning we went back and we headed off to Route 5. We met a few trainers and the Boys wanted to battle US! They had some cool Pokemon but of course I won. We met some more trainers and We then rested at Camphrier Town for a bit. I met the person in charge for the Pokemon storage system and soon I met Shauna at the Shabboneau Castle. We soon headed out towards route 6, when we Noticed a Pokemon was blocking a Path to Route 7. Snorlax was asleep and we needed to get a Pokeflute from a Mansion near Route 6. So we headed off to the Mansion, unfortunately we had to pay 1000 dollars to get into the Mansion. When we entered the Owner of the mansion lost his Pokemon. Shauna suggested we search for it. So we went outdoors to the Garden first. I spotted a tail in the bushes and we had to chase it around a maze for a bit until we cornered it. The owner thanked us and we were invited to a Firework show! After the fireworks we got the Pokeflute from the guy.

Before we headed back to Route 7 I found a Sentret trying to steal something from my bag. It was a berry, I found him to be Cute and caught him in a Pokeball. I named him Sly after my favorite game character Sly Cooper. We then went back to the bridge and woke up Snorlax, I defeated him and he went back home. Sly gained a level with Exp share and I went on to route 7.

Route 7: I found the Boys again, They told me about the Daycare and a few Pokemon they seen. I met Trevor again he and told me about the Battle Chateau. So I went in and was told more about it by Viola. I went onto train and battle people inside, and Hudson was getting stronger along with Sly, Sly evolved in Furret. We earned a new title and we went to connecting Cave and made it to Route 8. When My Pokedex was updated by the Professors two assistants. I guess each region of Kalos has different entries! I soon saw something fly past me and it was a Driftloon, I battled with it and caught her. I named her Gale after my auntie who passed away 2 years ago.

I then started to train Gale around the area for awhile and my team. Budew evolved in roselia and I was so happy for her. I super trained a with my team for awhile and we Set up camp for the night.

Team: Haydn (Braixen), Thorn (roselia), Gale (Driftloon), Hudson (Wartortle), Sly (Furret)

OffRoadSP

Years
October 9, 2015

At the Battle Chateau this evening, I finally completed my goal. My Zweilous evolved into Hydreigon, and Dragonair evolved into Dragonite!

"Hydreigon, the Brutal Pokémon, and the evolved form of Zweilous. Hydreigon respond to movement by attacking. The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything, devouring anything in their paths."

"Dragonite, the Dragon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Dragonair. Dragonite can fly in spite of their big and bulky physique. They can circle the globe in just 16 hours, and are said to make their homes somewhere in the sea. They guide crews of shipwrecks to shore."

449. Hydreigon

450. Dragonite

I stopped by Professor Sycamore's lab, and showed him my accomplishment. He congratulated me, telling me that I have obtained every non-legendary Pokémon in Kalos! He wished me luck in the Kalos League. I also earned another medal for obtaining all the dark-type Pokémon in Kalos.

A-021-1 Adventure Dark-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Dark-type Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex. 10/09/2015

I traveled to Santalune City and stopped in the Pokémon Center for the night. I let my team of Pokémon out of their Poké Balls, and gathered them around me.

"Cubone, Wingull, Pancham, Delibird… you four ready to climb Victory Road and defeat the Elite Four?" I asked them all. They all cried out in excitement and cheers. Next stop: the Kalos League!

October 12, 2015

My team and I climbed Victory Road, battling a lot of tough trainers along the way. My team proved that they have the coverage to counter almost any attack, though we did find a few gaps in their type coverage. Still, we were able to win all our battles. As I looked out from one of the cliffs partway up the mountain, I was able to look out over the Kalos region. To the north, I think I was even able to make out Frost Cavern and Dendemille Town.

I ran into Serena outside one of the caves. She said that she had heard of my accomplishments from the professor. She said Trevor was quite jealous of my Pokédex completion. And she said before I go any further, she wanted to challenge me to a battle!

She sent out her Meowstic, so I led with Wingull. This battle started the same way as our last battle, which was way back in February (wow). Wingull once again used Hidden Power, but a single Psychic attack knocked Wingull out.

"Wingull, return, you did your best," I said. "Let's try this. Cubone, maximize!"

Cubone appeared, and took a hard hit from Meowstic's Psychic, but a single Bonemerang from Cubone knocked it out.

Next up was Serena's Delphox. Cubone was pretty beat after that Psychic attack, but it wanted to stay out and battle. Delphox used Psychic on Cubone, leaving Cubone with little energy left.

"Cubone, use Rock Tomb!" The attack hit, doing significant damage and lowering its speed. But was its speed lowered enough to get the next attack in first?

"Delphox, use Flamethrower!" Flamethrower hit, and it should have knocked Cubone out, but… Cubone was hanging in there! It tossed its Bonemerang, and knocked out Delphox on the first hit.

"Not bad, Steve," complimented Serena. "But now, I'd like to show you my new Pokémon. Go, Altaria!"

"Wow, that Altaria looks strong! Cubone, return," I recalled my exhausted Pokémon. "You did great. Now, Serena, let me show off my new Pokémon. I caught it just after our last battle last winter. Delibird, maximize!"

This match-up was definitely in my favor. A single Ice Beam easily defeated her Altaria!

Next up was Jolteon. Cubone was too weak to battle, so I stuck with Delibird. Delibird managed to be the quicker Pokémon, and fired an Ice Beam before falling to a Thunderbolt.

Since Serena had five Pokémon and I only had four, she let me use a Hyper Potion on Cubone, so it was almost like having another battler. Obviously, Cubone took out Jolteon in a single shot.

The last match-up was the same as our last battle: Pancham versus Absol. Absol got to experience Pancham's Sky Uppercut, this time.

"I'm really happy we became friends, Steve," Serena said as we wrapped up our battle. "I'm renewing my rivalry with you! And since you're my rival, I want you to become an even stronger trainer. My Pokémon and I will keep getting stronger, too, of course!"

Serena waved good-bye. "Good luck at the Pokémon League! I'll be rooting for you, although I know you can handle it!"

October 13, 2015

I finally finished defeating the last few trainers on Victory Road. Only one battle proved a little difficult: a trainer with a Glaceon that kept using Blizzard, and had a lot of lucky hits with it. But I eventually overcame the challenges, and reached the Pokémon Center at the top of the mountain! I think I can see all of Kalos from here.

So I've finally done it!! Two years and over 600 hours, but I've obtained all 450 Kalos Pokemon, and trained one of each evolutionary chain up to level 50. That's 9 boxes worth of Pokemon at level 50. I thought I was crazy when I started, but... well, I still think I'm crazy, but I did it! This is the most Pokemon I have ever obtained in any generation of Pokemon. Now, only the Elite Four stand in my way of finally being done with Pokemon X & Y, and I can finally, finally, pick up Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire. I'm very excited to catch up with the rest of the fan-world.

OffRoadSP

Years
I was busy today... this will be broken up into many parts.

October 14, 2015

I woke up in the morning, eager to begin my Elite Four challenge. I entered the large, cathedral-like building where the battles would be held. I was greeted by Malva, one of the Elite Four. She informed me that the Elite Four use steel, fire, dragon, and water-type Pokémon. She informed me I could challenge them in any order I wished, and that they would all be four-on-four battles.

I let out my Pokémon and studied them carefully. I assessed my team's strengths and weaknesses. I feel between Cubone and Pancham, we should have no trouble with a steel-type opponent. Fire-types should also not be an issue with Cubone and Wingull on the team. Dragon-type Pokémon worry me a bit; Delibird should be able to help with some, but depending on the mix of secondary types, we could have some trouble. Surprisingly the water-type trainer worries me the most, as none of my Pokémon have moves to directly counter water-types, but I think I can assume most will have a secondary type we can exploit.

So, I decided to start with what I believe to be the easiest challenge. We're going for the steel-type Elite Four member first.

I entered the Ironworks Chamber. Large swords fell from the ceiling, the turned in their spots in the ground. This caused steps to appear in front of me. As I walked up the steps, I was greeted by a man in plate armor.

"Well met, challenger!" the man exclaimed. "Verily am I the Elite Four's famed blade of hardened steel, Wikstrom! With my magnificent Pokémon at my side, I will reveal the scope of trainer achievement! Let us both give our word that our contest shall be fair and honorable. Are you ready?"

Ok, this seems like a challenge I'm going to enjoy. I'm already loving the whole medieval theme he has going on here. Also, I'm fully expecting to battle an Aegislash. No, actually, let me rephrase that. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't use an Aegislash.

We took our places on the battlefield. Wikstrom sent out his opening Pokémon. "Klefki, en garde!"

"A Klefki, ok, I think we can handle that," I said to myself. "Cubone, maximize!"

"Klefki, Flash Cannon!" The attack hit harder than I would have liked.

"Cubone, set things up with Power-Up Punch!" Here's to hoping that I would regret exchanging a stronger hit for a little strength boost.

"Now Klefki, use Torment!" I thought that was an odd choice to use, but…

"Cubone, hit it with your Bonemerang!" Cubone tossed its bone hard, and if it hits we should win this!

"Klefki, dodge that, and use Spikes!" I need to not underestimate the Elite Four's Pokémon! It dodged the Bonemerang, and now I have to contend with Spikes on the field, doing damage to any Pokémon I switch into.

"Cubone, Bonemerang agai… aw, crap, Torment keeps you from using that move again. Ok, Power-Up Punch, do it!" Luckily, this time it landed a critical hit, but Klefki wasn't done yet.

"Klefki, use Spikes again!" This is going to a problem if I have to switch to Pancham. At least my flying-type Pokémon should be ok.

"Quick, Cubone, throw another Bonemerang!" This one landed a critical hit, knocking Klefki out!

"Klefki is unable to battle," called the judge. "Cubone wins this round!"

"Ah, Klefki, you were brave as always," Wikstrom said as he recalled his Pokémon. "Now, Probopass, en garde!"

"We got this," I said, trying to sound more confident than I really am. "Cubone, Power-Up Punch!"

"Probopass, stop it with Flash Cannon!" Somehow, the large bulky Pokémon was faster than mine, and landed its attack before Cubone landed hers. I thought it would knock it out, being super effective against both its types, but Probopass was still standing! Both Pokémon were struggling.

"I choose to use a Full Restore to heal my Pokémon!" Wikstrom called to the judge. The battle paused while Wikstrom administered the item.

Once the battle resumed, per the rules I got to move first. "Ok, Cubone, finish this with Bonemerang!" The bone hit the fully healed Pokémon, and it was powerful enough to knock it out! Except, Probopass held on!

"Did you forget about Probopass's ability of Sturdy?" Wikstrom asked.

"Actually, I did," I responded. Then I smiled. "But it doesn't matter."

The Bonemerang circled back and struck Probopass again. That was all that was needed.

"Probopass is unable to battle," the judge raised his arm. "Cubone wins!"

"Courageous battle, Probopass," Wikstrom commented, recalling his Pokémon. "Now, Aegislash, en garde!"

Ok. I'm not disappointed.

"Let's see. We can't use Bonemerang because of Torment, and Power-Up Punch won't work on a ghost-type. Luckily, we have one more super effective choice. Cubone, Flamethrower!"

"Impressive, I would not have expected that," commented Wikstrom. "Aegislash, defend with King's Shield!"

As expected, the attacked bounced right off its shield. "Now strike back with Iron Head!"

Aegislash change forms to its Blade Forme, and charged into Cubone with a powerful attack!

"Cubone, no!" I yelled.

"Cubone is unable to battle," came the judge's call.

"Cubone, return," I said calmly. "Take a good rest, you really deserve it. I have a tough choice here, but this is my next Pokémon. Wingull, maximize!"

"An interesting choice," Wikstrom began.

"Wingull, Scald, let's go!" Wingull's attack laid a solid hit.

"Aegislash, knock it out of the air with Shadow Claw!" Aegislash was fast, but not faster than my Wingull! Though it was a critical hit, Wingull managed to hang in there!

"Great job, Wingull! Use Scald again!" Scald blasted Aegislash, and it was enough to knock it out!

"Aegislash is unable to battle. Wingull wins!"

"Aegislash, return and take a rest," Wikstrom looked over to me. "That is one brave and powerful Wingull. You have definitely showed me your courage. But now, for my last Pokémon. Scizor, en garde!"

I actually considered that would be one of his Pokémon. Now I'm wishing I still had Cubone and its Flamethrower. I looked up and saw Wingull struggling to fly.

"Wingull, return, you've done your part. Thank you for your help." I seemed to consider something for a moment. I realized I have no super effective moves to use against Scizor. I could use a Revive to bring Cubone back into the fight, but…

"Delibird, maximize!" My Pokémon appeared on the field with its usual shine. "Use Aerial Ace!"

I figured my Pokémon would be faster, unless that Scizor is packing Bullet Punch.

"Scizor, use Bullet Punch!"

…Ugh.

The attacks collided. I thought Delibird was done for, but it hung in there!

"Great job, Delibird!" Luck was definitely with me. "Use Aerial Ace, again!"

"Scizor, finish this with Iron Head!" Again both attacks collided, and this time, Delibird was knocked out.

"Delibird is unable to battle," came the call. "Scizor wins!"

"Delibird, I can't believe how awesome you were out there." I looked over at Scizor. Two Aerial Aces definitely took their toll on Scizor.

"Pancham, maximize and finish this!" Out came my scrappy little fighting Pokémon. It took a little damage from the Spikes though.

"I choose to use another Full Restore!" Wikstrom opted to use a second item. That's two uses I get to bank for later as well.

"Pancham, quick, use a flurry of Sky Uppercuts!" I called out to my Pokémon.

"Scizor, counter that with Iron Head!"

The two Pokémon collided. Pancham landed a punch, then Scizor stuck Pancham. A second Sky Uppercut still wasn't enough to knock it out, and I was afraid Pancham couldn't take another Iron Head, but it did with a little energy to spare! A third Sky Uppercut later and…

"Scizor is unable to battle," the judge raised his arm. "This Elite Four challenge goes to Steve, the victor!"

"Pancham, great job!" Pancham plopped on the floor in exhaustion. "Return and take a well-deserved rest!"

"Glorious!" Wikstrom yelled. "The trust that you share with your honorable Pokémon surpasses even mine! What sweet, glorious pain and joy now rock my mighty heart? My will, which even shakes spears, trembles at so fine a battle as this! I am undone! Good sir, you are indeed our equal, and worthy to enter this lofty hall!"

"Thanks, Wikstrom. I…"

"You need not explain," he interrupted. "It is no mystery to me why you came to me first. Nature herself has framed man as such a creature that any would choose to face their strongest enemy before all others."

I decided not to burst his bubble with that.

"Now, to the elevator with you! It burns with a desire to hasten you on your way!"

I left my Pokémon with Nurse Joy at the Pokémon Center, at let them have a little break from battling. I then got myself some lunch and grabbed a shower, thinking about my very close battle with Wikstrom, and going over plans for my next battle. I'll challenge the fire-type trainer next. I'll really be limited to three Pokémon though, because Delibird will likely have to sit that battle out. No fire-type Pokémon comes to mind that would even remotely be a good match-up in Delibird's favor. I'll be relying heavily on Cubone and Wingull this time. Pancham would be good backup, especially if we're facing a Magcargo or a Houndoom.

In the afternoon, I checked on my Pokémon to see if they were ready for another tough challenge. I was worried they'd want to rest more after the tough attacks they took against Wikstrom. But they all seemed eager to battle again. Nurse Joy helped them recover quickly! To be continued...

OffRoadSP

Years
"Welcome, challenger, to my Blazing Chamber!" Malva greeted. "I am Malva, and I shall be your next opponent."

"I'm looking forward to this, Malva," I said, taking my position on the field and sending out my first Pokémon. "Wingull, maximize!"

"Pyroar, come out!" Her first Pokémon was the new fire-type lion of Kalos. It looked different than the one I had, since hers was female, it had a smaller mane.

"Wingull, start us off with a Scald attack!" I assumed my Pokémon would be faster. I was wrong.

"Pyroar, dodge and use Wild Charge!" came the call from Malva.

"Wild Charge? Oh no!" I cried, as Wingull fell from the sky.

"Wingull is unable to battle. Pyroar wins!" called the judge.

"Wingull, return." I recalled my Pokémon from the field. "I'm sorry, I should have been better prepared for that."

"And you're the supposed 'hero' who defeated the big, bad Team Flare?" Malva said mockingly.

I looked down. "I'm not going to lie, there's probably no way we can win. But we're going to fight! Cubone, maximize!"

"Another weak Pokémon," Malva commented. "Pyroar, use Hyper Voice!"

"Cubone, dodge and use Bonemerang!" My Cubone was ready for the attack, and somehow managed to nimbly get out of the way of the sonic attack! It then launched its Bonemerang, and landed a critical hit on the return swing!

"Pyroar is unable to battle, Cubone wins this round!"

"That's showing a little more fire. Return, Pyroar!" Malva got her second Pokémon ready. "Your ground-type won't be any match for my next Pokémon. Go, Talonflame!"

My Cubone nodded to me in understanding. We were ready for this one.

"Talonflame, dive at it with Flare Blitz!" Malva definitely seemed to like these powerful, recoil causing moves."

"Get ready, Cubone!" Cubone let it come in close, and land the attack. "Now, Rock Tomb, while it's guard is down!"

The close range Rock Tomb was unbelievably super effective against the fire-type that was also flying-type. It did more than just slow it down, too!

"Talonflame is unable to battle. Cubone wins the round!"

Malva called back her Pokémon. "Your Cubone is an impressive little Pokémon. Not many Pokémon can stand up to a Flare Blitz like that. And Rock Tomb was unexpected. Now thing are finally heating up! Torkoal, let's go!"

"Stay out there Cubone!" I called out. It had just under half its stamina left, so it seemed like it should be able to keep battling.

"Torkoal, shake things up with your Earthquake!" Malva commanded.

"No you don't! Cubone, use Bonemerang!" Mine was the faster Pokémon, and the double hit from the Bonemerang was enough to knock out Torkoal!

"Torkoal is unable to battle!" Somehow, I was managing to turn this battle around. But I'm afraid to get too cocky.

"You're a wicked little trainer," Malva seemed a little angry as she switched her Pokémon. "You're just too much, you know? You seem so smug that I just want to burn you up where you stand! Chandelure, let's blast them!"

"So that's your last Pokémon," I tried to think of a strategy. "Ready, Cubone? Use Rock Tomb!"

"Not this time!" Malva screamed. "Burn them with Flamethrower!"

Chandelure was the faster Pokémon this time, and blasted Cubone with a powerful Flamethrower attack.

"Cubone is unable to battle. Chandelure wins this round!"

"Cubone, return. Great job, you did manage to beat three in a row. Leave the rest to…"

"Shut up and send out your next Pokémon for us to fry!" yelled Malva.

What's her problem, I thought to myself. "Delibird, maximize!"

"How pathetic. Chandelure, use Flamethrower!"

"Delibird, Aerial Ace!"

Flamethrower obviously took out Delibird, but not before landing a decent hit with Aerial Ace.

"Delibird, return, that's exactly what I needed you to do!" I got my last Pokémon ready. "It's up to you to finish the battle! Pancham, maximize!"

Malva started laughing. "Chandelure, use Confuse Ray!"

"Pancham, no!" The Confuse Ray hit, and Pancham had difficulty focusing. "Pancham, come on, I know you can hear me! This is what we trained for! Fight through the confusion… Pancham, Shadow Claw!"

It worked! Pancham landed a critical hit, knocking out Chandelure! I seriously doubt that would have been enough had Delibird not got a quick hit in first!

"Chandelure is unable to battle," I watched, as I did not expect this outcome after losing the first round so quickly. "The match goes to Steve and his Pancham!"

"Pancham, well done!" My Pancham was jumping up and down, not having taken a single hit in the match.

"What news," Malva said a bit calmer now. "So a new challenger has defeated Malva of the Elite Four!"

What news… the way she said that… wait, have I seen her announcing Holo Caster news reports?

Malva stared at me, almost glaring. "Fantastic. Utterly fantastic. I'll report to all the world the news of you and your Pokémon dominating the Pokémon League! I AM a Holo Caster star, after all. I'm such a busy woman."

She pointed to the elevator. "Beat the last two members of the Elite Four, and you can face the Champion."

My Pokémon and I only took a short break. I didn't want to overthink things and continue while we were on a winning streak!

OffRoadSP

Years
I entered the Dragonmark Chamber, and watched as the wings of a dragon unfolded and a dragon head rose to reveal the seat of this Elite Four member.

"Oh goodness, hello to you!" greeted the woman in front of me. "Welcome, welcome, come in. My name is Drasna. You must be a strong trainer to have come this far. That's just wonderful news! Facing opponents like you and your team will make my Pokémon grow like weeds!"

"Thanks, Drasna!" I replied. "I look forward to our battle!"

We took our places on the battlefield. I'm not sure what to expect of this.

"Delibird, you're up first this time, maximize!" I sent out my little Delivery Pokémon.

"Dragalge, come out!" Drasna sent out her first Pokémon as well.

"Hm, I definitely didn't consider a Dragalge," I commented. "Ok, Delibird, use Ice Beam!"

"We've got just the thing for flying-type Pokémon," Drasna stated as she called her first move. "Use Thunderbolt!"

"Thunderbolt, oh no!" Delibird's speed definitely proved its worth here, as not only did it land the Ice Beam attack first, it dodge the potentially devastating incoming attack!

"Great job, Delibird!" I cheered on my Pokémon. "Quick, use Ice Beam again!"

Delibird fired another Ice Beam, and Dragalge collapsed!

"Dragalge is unable to battle!" came the call. "Delibird wins the round!"

"Good try, Dragalge, please take a rest," Drasna recalled her Pokémon. "Well done, challenger. Now let's see how you handle my Noivern!"

"That's a perfect match-up for us, Delibird! Use Ice Beam!"

"Noivern, Dragon Pulse!"

This time, Noivern was the faster Pokémon! It blasted Delibird with a powerful Dragon Pulse, more than enough to knock it out. A cloud of smoke arose from the impact.

"Delibird, no!" I cried. But I didn't need to worry. Out of the smoke came a blast of ice, as an Ice Beam fired into Noivern, pushing it back against the wall! My Delibird hung in there!

"Noivern is unable to battle!"

"Good job, Delibird!" I congratulated my Pokémon. Delibird struggled to stand. It definitely couldn't take another hit.

Drasna recalled Noivern and threw her next Poké Ball. "Altaria, you're next!"

I remembered my battle with Serena, and her Altaria. Delibird was able to out speed it and take it out in a single hit. But, this is an Elite Four Pokémon, so…

"Delibird, do you have it in you for one more attack?" I asked.

"Deli-deli-deli!" came the eager reply.

"All right, then!" I was sticking with my tough little Pokémon. "Use Ice Beam once more!"

"That poor little Pokémon can't take much more!" Drasna observed. "I hate to do this, but… Altaria, use Moonblast!"

My Pokémon did prove to be the faster, and it cut through the Moonblast and landed a super-effective hit on Altaria!

"Altaria is unable to battle! Delibird wins!"

I know my Delibird is capable of taking hits (as far as Delibird go, which isn't a lot with a low defense), but I never would have thought it would have taken out three Pokémon in a row. I'm proud of the little guy! Our speed training was really proving to pay off.

"Oh, dear me," Drasna said. "This is sure turning out to be a quick battle. But you do still have one more Pokémon to defeat. Go, my Druddigon!"

"Let's finish this up, Delibird, use Ice Beam!"

"Druddigon, get in close and use Dragon Tail!"

The Ice Beam did land a hit and did significant damage, but the Dragon Tail of course took out my Delibird.

"Delibird is unable to battle," came the call. "Druddigon wins the round!"

"Delibird, you did such a good job out there, take a good long rest." I called back my Pokémon. I'm in a great position, with three Pokémon left to use, I should be able to win this one. And I was worried!

"So who's next, Steve?" Drasna asked. "I can't wait to see what other amazing Pokémon you've trained."

"Here it comes!" I exclaimed. "Wingull, maximize!"

"Now that is quite an interesting choice," observed Drasna.

"You can do this, Wingull. Use Hurricane!" Wingull whipped up a tornado of wind and fired it at Druddigon.

"Druddigon, move out of the way, then use Revenge!" Druddigon dodged, and struck Wingull with the attack, but it was not very effective.

"Try again, Hurricane, let's go!" This time the attack hit, nearly knocking out Druddigon.

"Hang in there, Druddigon, and use Dragon Tail." Wingull was left too open after its last attack, and Druddigon slammed into it with its tail.

"Wingull is unable to battle. The winner of this round is Druddigon!"

"Wingull, return, you did good out there." I got my next Poké Ball ready. "Well, you finished the last two battles, so, Pancham, maximize!"

"To keep things interesting, I will use a Full Restore!" Drasna exercised her option of using a healing item on her Pokémon.

"Ok, you can still do this, Pancham. Use Body Slam!" Body Slam hit, doing a little damage, but Pancham took some damage too, from Druddigon's Rough Skin.

"I forgot about that. Can you handle it, Pancham?" I called out to my Pokémon.

"Cham-pan-cham!" My Pokémon replied.

"Ok then. Use Sky Uppercut!" Pancham closed in for a stronger hit on Druddigon. It hit, and Pancham took more damage from Rough Skin, but then…

"Druddigon, use Dragon Tail!" Since Pancham was in close, the Dragon Tail hit Pancham hard, knocking it back to its Poké Ball, and dragging Cubone out!

"Well, that was unexpected," I commented. "But actually, probably in my favor. Cubone, you ready to battle?"

"I would like to use another Full Restore!" Drasna halted the battle to heal her Pokémon again. Both Pokémon were at full strength, but Cubone gets a free attack.

"Cubone, use Bonemerang!" The trusty move worked again, and hit Druddigon for significant damage. And the best part is, not being a direct attack, Rough Skin is no threat!

"Great job, Cubone! Finish this with one more Bonemerang!" We didn't even need the return hit, as the first strike of the Bonemerang knocked out Druddigon!

"Druddigon is unable to battle," called the judge with his arm raised. "The match goes to Steve and his Cubone!"

"Great job out there, Cubone!" I was very happy at the fact that what I thought would be one of my harder battles, turned out to be the easiest so far.

"Oh, you!" Drasna said with a smile. "You're too much! You and your Pokémon are simply charming!"

"Thanks, Drasna! One more Elite Four member to go!" I turned and started to walk away.

"Oh, you're going already?" Drasna waved as I left. "Farewell, then! With your Pokémon, I'm sure you can beat the last of us."

>>>

After giving my Pokémon a little break while I went out for dinner with some friends, I decided I would attempt to complete my Elite Four challenge tonight. I can't even begin to think of a strategy against a water-type Pokémon trainer, because there are so many water-type Pokémon in Kalos. I'm guessing I'll see a Clawitzer, but beyond that I wouldn't know what to guess.

I entered the Flood Chamber, and huge jets of water blasted towards the ceiling, creating a waterfall effect along all the walls. I approached the man who was likely the final member of the Kalos Elite Four.

I introduced myself. "Hello, my name is Steve, and I would like to challenge you to an official Pokémon League battle!"

There was a brief silence. "No, I simply can't say," said the man with his back still towards me. Then he turned around.

"You there!" He said as he turned to face me. "I have a question I must pose to you. Do you think Pokémon battling can ever be worthy of being called an art?"

I thought for a moment. Then I responded, "Well, I think what people consider art is very subjective, so sure, why not?"

"Indeed," the man said with a raised eyebrow. "You see, cooking is the type of an art that disappears as soon as it is completed. Pokémon battles are the same. Even memories of sweet victory soon fade after the battle ends."

(I agree. Why do you think I'm keeping a journal? Ha!)

"To devote yourself entirely to such a life, made up of fleeting experiences, that is truly artful. I'm Siebold, and I accept your challenge!"

We took our places on the battlefield. "I hope you're ready. Clawitzer, I choose you!"

Well, I did call that one. "Wingull, maximize!"

"So, it will be water-type versus water-type, eh?" Siebold observed.

"Wingull, use Hurricane!" Clawitzer dodged the slow attack.

"Clawitzer, Dragon Pulse!" The attack immediately knocked out my Pokémon.

"Wingull is unable to battle," the judge called. "Clawitzer wins the first round!"

"Déjà vu. Wingull, return, thank you for trying. Cubone, maximize!"

"Clawitzer, Water Pulse!" Another attacked that took my Pokémon out in a single move.

"Cubone is unable to battle. Clawitzer wins!"

"Cubone, return." I had a look of defeat on my face. "Pancham, maximize!"

"Clawitzer, Water Pulse, again!" This time, I had a Pokémon that was able to stand up to the attack, slightly.

"Pancham, Sky Uppercut!" The attack landed a solid hit.

"Not bad," Siebold said. "Use Water Pulse and finish this, Clawitzer."

The attack hit, but Pancham hung in there!

"Way to go, Pancham! Now, Sky Uppercut!" The attack was enough to finally knock out Clawitzer!

"Clawitzer is unable to battle. Pancham wins the round!"

"Not bad, I suppose," said Siebold. "Return, Clawitzer, your attacks were as artistic as ever. Now, Starmie, you're up!"

"Well, that's not good." Starmie are fast, and know quite an array of attacks. It's probably packing at least Psychic and Thunderbolt, as well as a water-type attack.

"Starmie, use Psychic!"

…Yep.

"Pancham is unable to battle. Starmie wins!"

"Delibird, maximize, and use Aerial Ace!" It was a light hit.

"Starmie, use Surf!"

…Well, I guess it's not likely it knows Thunderbolt, then.

"Delibird is unable to battle. The match goes to the Elite Four member, Siebold!"

I took a little break to think about what to do next. None of my Pokémon can learn a grass or electric-type attack. I'm not sure how we're going to overcome Siebold's water-type Pokémon…

OffRoadSP

Years
October 15, 2015

Then I had a plan. A boring, cheap plan, but a plan. I had Pancham temporarily learn Toxic and Protect. I returned to challenge Siebold, and won using that combination. It?s quite a boring battle, so there?s no point in explaining the details. But it ended with Pancham landing a Sky Uppercut on Siebold?s Barbaracle.

I definitely could not wait any longer. I wanted to challenge the Champion! One problem is the fact that I did not think things through. The battle was to be a full six-on-six battle, and all I had with me were my four Pok?mon. Still, I gave it a try!

The Champion was Diantha, the movie star I met in Lumiose City way back when I first came to Kalos!

?Welcome at last, dear Trainer,? she began. ?As you must know, I am the Champion, Diantha. Oh, but you are... You're the man I spoke to in Lumiose City and Coumarine City, aren't you?! Then that means that you are also the one that dear Augustine said... Of course! How could I--?! Oh, I must look like such a fool not to recognize you sooner! You and your Pok?mon are the ones who stopped Team Flare for us all! It seems wrong of me to say this, but thank you! You saved us all... I can't wait to see what you and your Pok?mon are capable now that I know exactly what it is you've done already!"

This is a summary of the battle, since I am writing it from memory rather than as it was happening.

I led off with Delibird, which was a wise choice. Delibird?s Ice Beam was able to take out Diantha?s Hawlucha and Tyrantrum with a single hit each.

Her third Pok?mon was Aurorus. It used Reflect and Light Screen, which made things a bit difficult. Pancham used Toxic and Protect to stall, and once the Reflect wore off, finished it with Sky Uppercut.

Goodra was probably the toughest. I used Delibird?s Ice Beam, but Light Screen was nerfing it. I eventually switched to Pancham, who finished it with a Sky Uppercut.

Gourgeist was Diantha?s next Pok?mon. Wingull landed a strong Hurricane before being knocked out with Phantom Force. Then Delibird finished it with Aerial Ace.

Last up was a shock. Diantha has a Mega Stone, so we were facing? Mega Gardevoir! It was a tough battle. Pancham used Toxic and Protect before being knocked out with a Moonblast. But Cubone was able to finish things off with its Bonemerang!

And so it was over. My Pok?mon and I were in the Hall of Fame! Diantha had me register my Pok?mon in the Hall of Fame records. Then we went to Lumiose City, where there was a small celebration for my accomplishment. Serena, Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno were all there. Professor Sycamore awarded me the Kalos Champion Ribbon, making it my 12th Kalos Ribbon!

Then, out of nowhere, AZ showed up and challenged me to a battle!

He sent out his Torkoal, and I sent out my Wingull. This round was rather quick, because a single Scald from my speedy little Pok?mon knocked out his Torkoal.

Next up was his Sigilyph. I stuck with Wingull. I got very lucky here. Wingull was still holding a King?s Rock. Wingull used a super-effective Hidden Power? causing Sigilyph to flinch, twice! The third Hidden Power knocked it out.

Last, AZ sent out his Golurk. I thought this would be 3-0 for Wingull, but one Scald attack wasn?t enough. Golurk used Phantom Force and knocked out Wingull. So Delibird came in and finished the job with Ice Beam!

After the battle, AZ was getting ready to take his leave, when a light appeared in the sky. Down floated a Floette, but it was holding a flower different than any I have seen before. This was apparently the ?precious Pok?mon? that he had been searching for for 3000 years. They have been reunited, finally, now that AZ has learned the error of creating the Ultimate Weapon, and has returned to the man he was before he made it.

And so, that completes my Kalos journey. It?s been a fun two years. But I look forward to what comes next!

October 19, 2015

As I thought about what was next for me on my Pok?mon journey, Professor Sycamore contacted me and said he had a large errand for me. Before I left Kalos, he asked if I could catch a large number of Pok?mon.

?It is part of a project I?m working on with Brigette,? the professor informed me. ?Plus, when you?re ready to leave the Kalos region, it will help her transfer all the Pok?mon you?ve caught here to where ever you decide to go next.?

?I remember talking to Professor Birch last October, and he asked me to stop by and see him in the Hoenn region,? I reminisced.

?Well, Birch does specialize in Pok?mon habitats and distribution,? Sycamore said, ?So he would love to see some of the Pok?mon from here in Kalos. Plus, he was curious about Mega Evolution, and I know you have a few Mega Stones you could show him.?

?That?s true,? I responded. ?But first, I?ll get to work on catching those Pok?mon you and Brigette need. Where do I start??

So I travelled from route to route, all over Kalos. Early in my journey, while I was on D?tourner Way, I had quite an interesting encounter. It was rather cold out today, but when I reached that route, it became downright freezing. When I looked up, I realized why. Staring at me was none other than Articuno! I did not expect to see that here in Kalos! I scanned it with my Kalos Pok?dex, and was surprised to receive an entry from the Coastal Dex section.

?Articuno, the Freeze Pok?mon. Articuno is a legendary bird Pok?mon that is said to appear to doomed people who are lost in icy mountains.?

Before I could make another move, it flew off. I figured I would just continue my mission and ask Professor Sycamore about it later.

My mission, to explain, was to help build a ?living? Kalos Pok?dex. Since I had fully trained and evolved one of each evolutionary chain, it was simply a matter of catching one of each Pok?mon that is not fully evolved. So I started in Central Kalos and retraced the path I took over the last 2 years.

In the early evening, while I was on Versant road, I saw Articuno for a second time, but it flew off again.

A few hours later, I saw it again on Rivi?re Walk near Connecting Cave.

I finished the night in Ambrette Town, catching all the Pok?mon I needed up to that point. I was shocked that I had caught a Taillow as easily as I did, considering how long it took me to catch the first time through. This time I found a horde after a single Sweet Scent application. But after many hours of catching Pok?mon, I definitely needed a break. Though all my activity did earn me two more Kalos medals, rounding me off to an even 100 medals total!

A-042-3 Adventure Egg Elite A Medal to prove the outstanding parental instincts of people who hatched 50 Pok?mon Eggs. 10/20/2015
A-029-1 Adventure Capturing Spree A Medal for those who caught 50 Pok?mon in a day. 10/20/2015

October 20, 2015

I continued my travels through Kalos, today focusing primarily on the coastal regions of the area. I ended my day in Shalour City. Just a few more Pok?mon to catch nearby, then I just have to work on the Mountain Pok?dex.

OffRoadSP

Years
It took two years. I never thought I would reach this moment, but here it is. My final X/Y journal entry!

October 21, 2015

While I was in Shalour City, I received a Footprint Ribbon for my Delibird. With that, all four of my shiny Pokémon have the same 12 Kalos ribbons. The Pokémon Coordinator in me can't wait to add some Hoenn Contest ribbons to that collection!

I ended the night in Laverre City.

October 22, 2015

I continued to catch Pokémon after midnight, despite the fact that it was pouring on the Laverre Nature Trail. Suddenly, the rain turned to snow, as Articuno passed overhead! It flew away, but apparently circled back around, as I had a second encounter with it a few minutes later.

I continued my journey late morning and early afternoon before work, and made my way over to Dendemille Town.

October 23, 2015

I decided I would try and track down that Articuno I kept running into. I tried to follow it from route to route, but every time I encountered it, it flew away. Finally I saw it soar off in the direction of Azure Bay.

When I was at the Pokémon Center in Coumarine City, I asked around about Articuno. One older gentleman explained to me that occasionally, legendary Pokémon such as Articuno visit the Kalos region, and when they do, they usually nest in a cave called the Sea Spirit's Den. I remember finding that cave way out from the coast in Azure Bay, but it was empty when I was there two summers ago.

So I had my Lapras sent to me, and I Surfed out to the Sea Spirit's Den. I entered the cave, and at first it seemed empty. Then suddenly, Articuno descended from above! I sent out Cubone to battle it. Its Rock Tomb attack would knock it out, so I went with Flamethrower. That weakened it a bit, but it quickly knocked out Cubone with an Ice Beam. So I sent out Pancham, and had it use Sky Uppercut on Articuno. It did a ton of damage, leaving it greatly weakened! I had Pancham follow up with False Swipe, just to make sure it was as weak as possible. Then I started chucking Ultra Balls at Articuno. It took nearly 20 Ultra Balls, but I finally caught the Articuno!

451. Articuno

I then returned to Dendemille Town to continue my original task. I also earned three more medals! I was not expecting more than the one due to catching Articuno.

E-001-4 Fun Great Trade-Up A Medal to commemorate the extraordinary experience of trading Pokémon 100 times by Link Trade. 10/23/2015
A-011-1 Adventure Ice-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Ice-type Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex. 10/23/2015
A-005-4 Adventure Mighty Fisher A Medal given to legendary fishers who caught 100 Pokémon. 10/23/2015

October 24, 2015

I kept catching Pokémon well after midnight, until I could barely keep my eyes open finally. I then turned in to get some sleep at the Pokémon Center in Anistar City.

October 25, 2015

I'm determined to finish this little project today. Though I did get sidetracked a few times.

I started in Couriway Town in the morning, and went to nearby Vallée Étroite Way to catch some Pokémon. Then there were a few Pokémon I needed to catch in Terminus Cave. While I was in the cave, I found myself in an area I hadn't explored before. Then, at the other end of a long chamber, I saw a large, green and black creature that was over twice my size. As I got closer to the serpent-like creature, I noticed it was covered in many hexagonal like scales. Or maybe it would be more accurate to say it was made up of these hexagons. Could this be a legendary Pokémon? I checked to see what the Pokédex had to say.

"Zygarde, the Order Pokémon. It's hypothesized that Zygarde is monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives. When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power."

"Amazing," I muttered, as Zygarde took notice of me. "The Pokédex says it's a ground and dragon-type. In that case, I know who I'm using!"

I sent out my Delibird to challenge the legendary Pokémon.

"Delibird, use Ice Beam!" The Ice Beam was way too powerful, as it knocked Zygarde out! It seemed to melt into the mountain itself as it disappeared.

"So it can use Camouflage," I observed. "Ok, if Ice Beam is too much, let's try a different approach."

After regrouping, I returned to the spot where Zygarde was and challenged it again.

"Pancham, I choose you!" I sent out my little fighting-type Pokémon. "Use Body Slam!"

My Pokémon kept using Body Slam, while dodging Crunch attacks from Zygarde. After a few hits, I got the result I was looking for. Zygarde was paralyzed!

"Perfect! Good job, Pancham!" I saw Zygarde use Dragon Pulse and Earthquake, too. Knowing it didn't have any healing moves, I decided to weaken it further.

"Pancham, keep up the pressure, use False Swipe!" Pancham kept weakening Zygarde. Once it was sufficiently weakened, I started throwing Ultra Balls at it. It took nearly two dozen, but I finally heard the "click." I caught the legendary Kalos Pokémon, Zygarde!

452. Zygarde

Before I left, I explored each of the four passageways that extended from the main chamber. There was a ray of light illuminating a small patch of grass at the end of each tunnel. One had a hidden Big Nugget, but it was the items at the end of the other three that were sitting out in plain sight that were interesting. The Griseous Orb, Adamant Orb, and Lustrous Orb were the treasures that Zygarde was apparently guarding. Why were the orbs for the legendary Pokémon of time, space, and shadow from the Sinnoh region doing here in Kalos? Was there any connection? I took the orbs and returned to the nearest Pokémon Center to rest up my team.

So I then continued my quest, and eventually made my way to Pokémon Village near Snowbelle City. I remember being told of a cave there that only someone who defeated the Elite Four would be able to enter. Wulfric vouched for me, and I was allowed to enter the Unknown Dungeon. I can't wait to meet this powerful Pokémon that the townsfolk told me about. When I entered the cave, however, I was shocked to be greeted by a familiar sight. The powerful Pokémon was Mewtwo! Did Team Flare experiment with Mew's DNA like Team Rocket did?

Either way, I knew I had to battle it. "Cubone, let's go!"

I had Cubone use Rock Tomb over and over. I knew Mewtwo was fast, so I wanted to slow it down. I quickly learned that Mewtwo knows Recover, so it kept healing any damage we did. It also kept using Barrier to increase its defense. But, we were able to lower its speed significantly, before Cubone eventually fell to a several Psychic and Aura Sphere attacks.

"Pancham, let's go! Use Body Slam!" I repeated the technique I used on Zygarde, and eventually Mewtwo was paralyzed. Pancham also got knocked out after a super-effective Psychic attack.

I then started throwing Ultra Balls, using both Delibird and Wingull to continue weakening Mewtwo whenever it would Recover. Mewtwo's Barrier did not defend against Delibird's Ice Beam or Wingull's super-effective Hidden Power. It took about 10 or so Ultra Balls, but I finally managed to catch the Mewtwo!

"Mewtwo, the Genetic Pokémon. Mewtwo was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene-splicing and DNA-engineering experiments. It was created by recombining Mew's genes. It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokémon."

453. Mewtwo

After capturing Mewtwo, I noticed a glowing stone nearby in the cave. It looks like a Mega Stone. I took it with me.

After that, I caught the last dozen Pokémon or so I needed, then returned to Professor Sycamore's lab. He congratulated me on completing the Mountain Kalos Pokédex, and was very impressed by my legendary catches! When I let out Mewtwo to show it to him, the Mega Stone I found started to glow. He said it was Mewtwonite, and I witnessed a new Mega Evolution: Mega Mewtwo!

I also added 5 new medals to my collection, mostly for completing several Kalos Pokédex goals!

A-016-1 Adventure Psychic-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Psychic-type Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex. 10/25/2015
A-027-1 Adventure Kalos Pokédex Completionist A Medal to honor those recognized by the professor as having completed the Kalos Pokédex. 10/25/2015
A-026-1 Adventure Mountain Kalos Pokédex Completionist A Medal to honor those recognized by the professor as having completed the Mountain Kalos Pokédex. 10/25/2015
A-020-1 Adventure Dragon-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Dragon-type Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex. 10/25/2015
A-014-1 Adventure Ground-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Ground-type Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex. 10/25/2015

I visited all 453 Pokémon, very happy with myself with completing a "living" Kalos Pokédex. Brigette said she would help transfer any Pokémon I need if I'm traveling to a different region.

I turned to my four champion Pokémon.

"Cubone, Wingull, Pancham, Delibird," I addressed them as they gathered around me. "How would you like to visit the Hoenn region with me?"

... To be continued over in the ORAS forum!

Back