• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Release Date for First Alpha Demo Confirmed!

Hi guys! I'm back with news of the next demo which also happens to be the first Alpha demo of this game. The news being the release date of the game, it will be released on April 5th. It will feature the updated tiles featured in the last screenshot and the 4th gym will be reachable.

Updates pending on my next post!

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hi guys! I'm back with news of the next demo which also happens to be the first Alpha demo of this game. The news being the release date of the game, it will be released on March 5th.

A little late don't you think? Or is it for next year?

It will feature the updated tiles featured in the last screenshot and the 4th gym will be reachable.

Updates pending on my next post!

I can't actually see the screenshot you're boasting about *Sigh*.

Rayquaza.

Years
A little late don't you think? Or is it for next year?

I can't actually see the screenshot you're boasting about *Sigh*.

Bad grammar, sorry. I've edited it to the correct date, April 5th, not March.

Also this was the screenshot I was talking about. I remapped all the current maps with new tiles.

picture.php

Rayquaza.

Years
Hi everyone. Due to delay of game resources the next demo will be postponed until the 20th of April.

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Years
[SIZE="a"]Yes I'm afraid so... The game is scheduled to be released as soon as the hero + heroine sprites are done. I am now using HGSS tiles for the game as the BW tiles in the last screenshot were a bit dull, boring and lifeless.
You will be able to reach the 4th gym and will have another encounter with Team Magama.[/SIZE]

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Hi, I just "liked" your Facebook page. My name is Mujtahid ul Haque there, and you can message me there if you like. I'm on Facebook every day, while I'm usually on Pokécommunity only a few times a month. I think I saw your Rapidshare link somewhere else on the internet, and I didn't realize until after downloading that it needed a password. Then I searched you on PokéCommunity. That's why I didn't know to PM you right away.

Anyway, I'm a university student and my semester's almost up, so I was wondering if you would like some extra help over the summer. I've worked in two fangame projects (both died a long time ago) as a writer/proofreader/concept designer/staffer/a bunch of other things. I'm also unique in that I'm willing to try certain things that other hackers/developers will never touch, like fixing the messy National Dex so the cross-generational evolutions are next to each other. I actually did that for Pokémon Hall of Fame.

In my latest version of Pokédex reorganization (working on it now), I implement 5th gen Pokémon and fix up all the evolutions in Pokémon Essentials so they make more sense. For example, Luvdisc evolves into Alomomola and Cacnea evolves into Cacturne (male) or Maractus (female). Similarly, Kirlia automatically evolves into Gardevoir (female) or Gallade (male). Kanto and Johto Pokémon and their legendaries are all together, and they also include 4th gen evolutions that aren't in the HGSS dex. Nidoran has male and female forms with separate graphics and stats instead of being separate species. My goal with this concept is to make Pokémon design as simple and efficient as possible. That means no complicated beauty points or trading with items nonsense. Raising Pokémon should be fun but Nintendo just keeps putting in more and more busy work with every new game.

My writing skills in English are guaranteed 99.9% flawless and I do a lot of editing and teach kids how to write in my job. So you won't have to worry about things like awkward construction or spelling and grammar mistakes.

As for concept designing, I study geography at Penn State university so I know how this works. I base designs of places, stories, etc. based on elements from the real world and from mythology. So in other words, I can design regions the same way Pokémon game creators do them.

I can also compose music and I'm really good at working with MIDI files. You know how MIDI that you find on random websites usually sounds like crap? I can make them sound nice with a little editing. That way you can get high quality sound with minimal file size. I know a lot of fangames have the problem where they have maybe 40 MB of content and 200 MB of background music.

I'm wondering, how much of your plot and/or features are tentative and open to interpretation? I know you said you're using some Hoenn stuff as placeholders for what you really want to put in there. Well, how much of the demo do you plan on keeping?

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Years
Hi, I just "liked" your Facebook page. My name is Mujtahid ul Haque there, and you can message me there if you like. I'm on Facebook every day, while I'm usually on Pokécommunity only a few times a month. I think I saw your Rapidshare link somewhere else on the internet, and I didn't realize until after downloading that it needed a password. Then I searched you on PokéCommunity. That's why I didn't know to PM you right away.

Anyway, I'm a university student and my semester's almost up, so I was wondering if you would like some extra help over the summer. I've worked in two fangame projects (both died a long time ago) as a writer/proofreader/concept designer/staffer/a bunch of other things. I'm also unique in that I'm willing to try certain things that other hackers/developers will never touch, like fixing the messy National Dex so the cross-generational evolutions are next to each other. I actually did that for Pokémon Hall of Fame.

In my latest version of Pokédex reorganization (working on it now), I implement 5th gen Pokémon and fix up all the evolutions in Pokémon Essentials so they make more sense. For example, Luvdisc evolves into Alomomola and Cacnea evolves into Cacturne (male) or Maractus (female). Similarly, Kirlia automatically evolves into Gardevoir (female) or Gallade (male). Kanto and Johto Pokémon and their legendaries are all together, and they also include 4th gen evolutions that aren't in the HGSS dex. Nidoran has male and female forms with separate graphics and stats instead of being separate species. My goal with this concept is to make Pokémon design as simple and efficient as possible. That means no complicated beauty points or trading with items nonsense. Raising Pokémon should be fun but Nintendo just keeps putting in more and more busy work with every new game.

My writing skills in English are guaranteed 99.9% flawless and I do a lot of editing and teach kids how to write in my job. So you won't have to worry about things like awkward construction or spelling and grammar mistakes.

As for concept designing, I study geography at Penn State university so I know how this works. I base designs of places, stories, etc. based on elements from the real world and from mythology. So in other words, I can design regions the same way Pokémon game creators do them.

I can also compose music and I'm really good at working with MIDI files. You know how MIDI that you find on random websites usually sounds like crap? I can make them sound nice with a little editing. That way you can get high quality sound with minimal file size. I know a lot of fangames have the problem where they have maybe 40 MB of content and 200 MB of background music.

I'm wondering, how much of your plot and/or features are tentative and open to interpretation? I know you said you're using some Hoenn stuff as placeholders for what you really want to put in there. Well, how much of the demo do you plan on keeping?

Well I am in need of a good composer, if you can make some Legendary Battle MIDI files + Elite 4 and Champion BGM music then that would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the demo is to be kept as it is just a snippet of what is to be in the full release.

==========================================================

Who is a fan of my game? Well for those of you who do support my game you can put this in your sig:
support_bar_by_rayquaza_dot-d4whhfi.png

Code:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/296428158/support_bar_by_rayquaza_dot-d4whhfi.png

Rayquaza.

Years
First Footage

Hi guys! Back again.

I bring the first video footage of this game and the main event of the next update! ENJOY!

Rayquaza.

Years
Thanks. I just added more to it so It'll look better in the demo release.

Yes your title screen is in there, I like it alot.

Thanks. I tried to find some BGs like Kyledoves ones with the cave/beach/forest/etc backgrounds but they were all in his private collection. So I made my own.

My sig is fine its just the right size.

Also, who likes my custom hero sprite? (In the vid) I made it myself.

Rayquaza.

Years
I just removed that huge animated Gif at the bottom. I'm redesigning the Emerald Projects Support bar soon.

I'm pretty happy that this thread is now on page 4! I'm so glad that my game and this thread are getting publicity.

Pretty soon, when the game enters it's Beta stages (Currently in Alpha stages) I'll try and move this thread into "The Showcase"!

Rayquaza.

Years
Yeah. 1 day. The tension is building...

Some new screens will come out tomorrow, also a brand new plot, updated credits, features, team and most importantly, the demo.

Rayquaza.

Years
Guess What?

Hi guys! Guess what?

Spoiler:

Meet Ethan!
4e2802d9f7a560766fd803947127fcbf-d4x31wa.png

This is the hero of the game.

Meet Rose!
95eb48e49ad5a1daa90e07e4cc17e41d-d4x32e8.png

This is the heroine of the game.

Meet Tom!
tom_by_rayquaza_dot-d50jg0f.png

This the rival of the game who chooses the starter pokémon with a type-advantage to yours.

The features:
Spoiler:

The Plot:
Spoiler:

Cheesey or what?

Official Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Downloads:
Spoiler:

Meet the Team:
Founder, Mapper, Spriter: Your's Truly!
Co-Founder and Storywritter: Our very own Firestorm.!
Spriter: Aénex!

Spoiler:

Credits:
Kyledove/Kymotonian
Mineox100
Aénex
Reck
Alistair
Clowcardruler
P-Sign
Poccil/Flameguru/Maruno

(If I have missed anyone off the credits list tell me and I will put your name up on the credits list)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back