• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
A club for awesome starter pokemon, sweet. Bulbasaur and it's evolutions are my favorites.

Would you have preferred a versatile starter, like Eevee (which is not), in a game?

While I always choose the grass starter in the pokemon games, if a pokemon as versatile as Eevee was a choice, I don't think I could help myself and pick it. There would definitly need to be a point around midway in the game to be able to evolve your Eevee into any eeveelution you want.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Would you have preferred a versatile starter, like Eevee (which is not), in a game?

Well, there aren't really many versatile Pokemon in the game apart from Eevee, though that's also why Eevee would be the ideal starter. With all its evolutions, you're free to choose whichever element you want your starter to be, granted that you come across the stones relatively early in the game compared to the first generation, where you only get a few, mainly moonstones, before Celadon. Same with the third generation, where most stones are to be bought from the man at Mossdeep, otherwise it won't really work out. There's a lot of variation in how powerful the evolutions are though, so the main evolutions to be chosen would probably be strong ones, like Vaporeon, so while there is diversity, I don't think it'd be put to much use by the players.

All in all, I guess I'd have to say no. If all Eevee's evolutions were just close to being equally powerful, maybe it'd be worth considering, but with the huge differences, it just wouldn't work out, and it'd just end up being straightforward anyways.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
All in all, I guess I'd have to say no. If all Eevee's evolutions were just close to being equally powerful, maybe it'd be worth considering, but with the huge differences, it just wouldn't work out, and it'd just end up being straightforward anyways.

Heh. Maybe we could have the game tailored for each one of them, but then again, effort.

New topic:
OK, guys, feel free to spam starter fan art in the thread now. Gotta have a good time!

If there's more than 2 images that aren't thumbnail-sized, keep them inside spoiler tags.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Spoiler:

So adawkable. :3 *goes to search for more images*

Years
hovde wants to join

Hi , i would like to join this club. i think having a varsatile starter would be cool, but it would create more work for me. i always get 2 copies of the game so i can restart one and get all of the starters. if for example evee was a starter, i would have to restart the game 5 times for just that one starter to get all of its forms. a versatile starter would be cool though.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hi , i would like to join this club. i think having a varsatile starter would be cool, but it would create more work for me. i always get 2 copies of the game so i can restart one and get all of the starters. if for example evee was a starter, i would have to restart the game 5 times for just that one starter to get all of its forms. a versatile starter would be cool though.

Welcome to the club! I think being something versatile might make me indecisive when it comes to picking something and sticking to it.

Hmm... How about we go topic-less now? Anyone can talk about anything as long as it's related to starter Pokemon, be it opinions, ideas, or anything, really.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think Axew should be included on the starter list because its a starter in PMD now. What does everyone else think.

I think so, too... And it'd be something that would make me... daaaaaaaaaw

I've found that most starters are adorable.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
That does seem to be a common trend doesn't it? The only exception I can think of is Totodile. Its ugly, but I still like it. xD

I think it's something that you could want to hug, though. As long as it doesn't bite you, that is, and it's not going to happen. ;)

Olli

Years
That's one of the starter traits, cuteness. I guess it's to appeal to the players right at the start of the game, and that's probably also why most Pokemon are designed to be cute. But yeah, the starter Pokemon in their first stage are almost always cute. I wouldn't count Totodile as an exception, because it does have some adorable eyes imo.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm

Speaking of adorable, I wonder whether we should have a cute legendary as a starter. *looks at Victini*

Years
Why would they have a cute legendary? It would just be really OP...

Victini is pretty cute tho <3

Btw, sorry for being inactive here, I kinda forgot about this club =\ But dw I've put the club in my bookmarks so I don't forget it ;3

Olli

Years
If a legendary was a starter, it wouldn't really be a legendary at all though. I mean, first of all, a legendary, especially one as strong as Victini, wouldn't really have a place as a starter. I mean, even if certain spin-off's, their powers just exceeds those of starter standards by hfkdsfhdhfkdsfh completely out of the bar. Unless it was Palkia's quest to obtain the power orbs it carries in its shoulders to regain its powers because they were stolen by Cyrus and co., then I just don't think as any kind of starter at all, even though my example didn't really depict it as a starter lol. But yeah, no legendary has a three staged evolutionary line either, so they wouldn't really work as starters either, so I don't really think there should be any legendaries as starters, despite some of the being cute enough to be on :p

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If a legendary was a starter, it wouldn't really be a legendary at all though. I mean, first of all, a legendary, especially one as strong as Victini, wouldn't really have a place as a starter. I mean, even if certain spin-off's, their powers just exceeds those of starter standards by hfkdsfhdhfkdsfh completely out of the bar. Unless it was Palkia's quest to obtain the power orbs it carries in its shoulders to regain its powers because they were stolen by Cyrus and co., then I just don't think as any kind of starter at all, even though my example didn't really depict it as a starter lol. But yeah, no legendary has a three staged evolutionary line either, so they wouldn't really work as starters either, so I don't really think there should be any legendaries as starters, despite some of the being cute enough to be on :p

Hmm

Does messing around with the stats first count so that they are at about the same level of regular starters until post-game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back