• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will it be To Stay, or To Go?

Years
I usually prefer eating in, but I do sometimes take-away if the weather is good and I need food in a hurry. Yeah I'm pretty balanced on this one, because I do love that nice restaurant food.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Usually I eat in.
I will take it to go if I have to, or if i've got somewhere to be, though.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I usually eat at the restaurant. However, when the situation doesn't allow it, I'm fine with taking out. An example of that would be not wanting to eat inside a gas-station that has a small restaurant built in, because they don't have any seats. >,>;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Generally if I'm making the effort to go to the restaurant, I'll just eat there. Most places will let you take home whatever you don't finish and I don't eat very much in one sitting (unless I'm snacking, orz) so I tend to take them up on the offer. If I'm going to a fast food place, I'll usually order it "to go" regardless. I'll sit down and eat what I can while I'm there and bring the rest home. It's rare I finish a full meal if I'm eating out so bringing home leftovers is always the option I go for.

Years
I guess it all depends on the circumstances, like the kind of restaurant it is, and if I'm by myself or with others. If we're talking about a fast food place like McDonalds, I'd say it's a 50/50 split, since I might just go there to have something during a break at work, or bring it home if I have the day off. Any sort of restaurant (sans pizza places) that take some time to prepare your food, I almost always eat it there. I might bring home some leftovers, sure, but I'd rather avoid having to do any extra dishes if I don't have to.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
it depends on if the restaurant was busy or not.. (or if my nephew was there as he likes sitting it the restaurant)

If the restaurant was was busy I would eat it else where, if not eat it there.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
At a proper restaurant? You eat there. Generally, there's no take out except for a "doggie bag" at the end for what you haven't finished. Unless its Chinese food, I guess. Then there's usually take out.

But for fast food? Don't usually go out for fast food. It's something you pick up on your way to somewhere else (like home), so that's almost always to-go for me.

Years
It's "for here or to go", my work says so :(

If I get fast food it's usually drive-through with my roommate and then we go home with it. If it's a fancier place, we'll eat it there. And as for work's food, I usually eat it in the back of the store. :p

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
If I get fast food, normally I get it to go and go through drive thru.
Very rarely, I'll eat there. And if I do, it's normally with someone else.
At Chinese restaurants, I'll take it back home.
At restaurants and diners that aren't Chinese restaurants, I'll eat there until I'm full and if I have any left, I'll take it home.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
If I eat fast food, normally it's on the run, so I'll usually just shoot through the drive thru. If it's a sit-down restaurant or a "fast casual" place like Panera or Chipotle, I'll usually eat there. Unless I'm in a real hurry or nothing else is open, I usually prefer the Panera/Chipotle type restaurants to fast food anyway.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I prefer to eat my food at home, in front of the computer watching anime or playing games. I can be as messy as I want, and if I spill food on my shirt (for example dripping sauce) I can change in my room, I won't accidently enter the women's restroom (yes, i done it at McDonald's a few times by accident).

The few times I do eat the restaurant is when I'm travelling with family and someone invites. Which is kind of rare.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It varies for me. Sometimes I'm in the mood to sit down at a nice restaurant and just enjoy my time and lap up the great food. Sometimes I'm the exact opposite, and prefer to eat at home amongst my comforts.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I like eating in the restaurant more cause you can actually sit there and enjoy the meal right away and the pleasure of talking with people at a restaurant is a nice factor. Sure you can do the same with take out or going through a drive through , but it's more fun sitting down with friend/family at a restaurant and eating. Though if I don't have alot of time or I'm just going to fast food place just to grab something to eat, then I'm fine with take out or will just go through the drive through.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I will usually eat at the resteraunt and take the rest of the food home with me if I dont finish all of it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I prefer eating in which really sucks since most of my friends prefer to take away. I really hate going through drive through and eating in the car or going home and eating something there, I like the ambiance of the restaurant, the ability to sit with people and talk to them in a restaurant rather than just eating it while you watch a movie together.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
If I go into the restaurant, I usually eat it there. Most of the time, I don't do take out and instead I go through the drive-thru.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
depends on if it's a restaurant, stall, coffee place, etc.. or if I need to go somewhere. If I'm with someone else, we usually eat in, and if I'm by myself, I almost always take it to go.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
99% of the time I'll get it to go because eating alone in a restaurant makes me feel uneasy. If there's a drive-thru or I can order ahead of time, then that's even better. There's also this service around here that will get you food from pretty much any restaurant for a flat fee on top of the cost of the meal, but I've never used it because the fee is like $15.

But if I'm with people, then I'll happily go in.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It depends on time. If I just wanna chill and let time pass by, I eat inside. If I'm in a rush or I just wanna go home and eat, I take it to go.

Back