• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I did the 90's cartoon show word search for vaporeon's get together thing, and it hurt to do. Most of them were cartoon network, but still. RIP good tv shows.

Also, it just hit me that this is like the first time I've visited here in like a week. I sort of forgot there were things that weren't the gettogether...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, GT8 takes away from me even looking through for modding things to do. When it disappears, I'll get back into the groove. I haven't even been posting in GPGD that much. I just keep stalking GT8. :<

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm back again... :x I took a break from challenges after my computer went into a meltdown. Everything is fine and I'm ready to spam challenges again lololol.

I've almost completed my very first un-official nuzlocke. Myself plus some of the CBC regulars started one. So much grief for letting Vrai die twice before the second badge ;____;

but yeah, I'm back.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Yay, finally did a challenge. (Or at least most of one.) It's also safe to say that I'm probably readdicted to challenges. :D

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I'm going on a vacation (again :P) My egg salad/new mario games/Golden Sun will go for entertainment :D I'll be back with some updates (hopefully) in 9 days

Enigma

Years
Aww lucky you. :/ I'm stuck here doing challenges all day.

...Wait, I'm not opposed to that, am I? :3

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
I have an idea! (inb4saidabilliontimesbeforeme)

A...elemental challenge...like pokemon related to helium which would be drifblim, and uh...yeah thats a bad idea unless someone else can further it

What about a cartridge color challenge? i mean like say Ruby is red so you can only use red pokemon! (so no torchick its orange)

So in leafgreen, only green pokemon, sapphire blue, and so on.

What you think?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That'd just be monocolor challenge with an optional rule. We had that a while back, but I think it died. Haven't seen it in a while. So if you wanna make it, that's fine, but might as well make it the monocolor challenge and have that as an additional challenge, if the challenger wants to do it that way.

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
a lot of ideas for challenges are allready done, so there isn't much left for the scrappers to just come up with a random idea :o

Hm...how about a challenge where ( i guess hacks allowed )

you use a pokemon in gen 1, so you have to solo it

THan gen 2, you use the pokemon in gen 2, with the pokemon in gen 1

Than gen 3, you use the gen 1 pokemon, a gen 2 pokemon, and the gen 3 pokemon

than so on untill Black/WHite you have a team of 5!

Wait that would be really hard without hacking and um...yeah...unless someone could trade you the pokemon (the OP)

oh and by gen i mean region, so you can go like...

Red, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black or something!

:D but theres no way i could host it, so i post the idea here ofc

A possible name could be the "ultimate team challenge"

Years
I have an idea! (inb4saidabilliontimesbeforeme)

A...elemental challenge...like pokemon related to helium which would be drifblim, and uh...yeah thats a bad idea unless someone else can further it

What about a cartridge color challenge? i mean like say Ruby is red so you can only use red pokemon! (so no torchick its orange)

So in leafgreen, only green pokemon, sapphire blue, and so on.

What you think?

Yeah that was actually a part of the ultimate challenge in the monotype challenge, also for the helium element thing there is almost something similar to it located in the Dream Themes thread known as species, but the element thing could be cool and Dream Themes would be a good place to brain storm it and flush it out

Also Torchic isn't orange
because there is no orange dex color on bulbapedia
and this bugs me because I have the rainbow road challenge
but yet there is no orange
ALTERNATIVE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT ORANGE
*throws a can at Alternative*

a lot of ideas for challenges are allready done, so there isn't much left for the scrappers to just come up with a random idea :o

Hm...how about a challenge where ( i guess hacks allowed )

you use a pokemon in gen 1, so you have to solo it

THan gen 2, you use the pokemon in gen 2, with the pokemon in gen 1

Than gen 3, you use the gen 1 pokemon, a gen 2 pokemon, and the gen 3 pokemon

than so on untill Black/WHite you have a team of 5!

Wait that would be really hard without hacking and um...yeah...unless someone could trade you the pokemon (the OP)

oh and by gen i mean region, so you can go like...

Red, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black or something!

:D but theres no way i could host it, so i post the idea here ofc

A possible name could be the "ultimate team challenge"

It's kind of meh it just doesn't seem very original and exciting. There is already the one in each challenge where various gens are being played and by the time you get to 5th gen it's pretty much just a favorites challenge it seems like

I am beginning to find out other than your usual (monotype, solo, etc.) the best tourneys have more limits on team usage this is too much of what i'd call a "free roam"

anyway,
I started a new challenge, not that I needed one, if you enjoyed the battle royale or wanted to join it check out Table Top Supreme. It's a point based / race challenge.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Tabletop looks super awesome, Laure!

In other news, I be doing a personal challenge that I challenge you all to. Its the Ultimate Catch 'em All challenge. Basically, you start on RBY, and you catch all 151 Pokemon. Mew is obtainable, so he counts. I'd do it on an emulator so you can have access to speed button. Also, you can use TGB dual so that you can trade, because you have to have all 151, so you'll have to play both red and blue to get all the starters and version exclusives and whatnot. Once you complete this, you move on to GSC, and catch all 250 Pokemon on one of those games. Celebi is excluded since you can't get it. Etc etc until you've beaten BW (I'm probably going to stop after DPPt, maybe after the third gen since I have a Diamond cartridge that has all the Pokemon on it...

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

In other news, I be doing a personal challenge that I challenge you all to. Its the Ultimate Catch 'em All challenge. Basically, you start on RBY, and you catch all 151 Pokemon. Mew is obtainable, so he counts. I'd do it on an emulator so you can have access to speed button. Also, you can use TGB dual so that you can trade, because you have to have all 151, so you'll have to play both red and blue to get all the starters and version exclusives and whatnot. Once you complete this, you move on to GSC, and catch all 250 Pokemon on one of those games. Celebi is excluded since you can't get it. Etc etc until you've beaten BW (I'm probably going to stop after DPPt, maybe after the third gen since I have a Diamond cartridge that has all the Pokemon on it...
Actually, you can get celebi with the celebi egg glitch, but it is really rime consuming, so I wouldn't worry about it, lol.

I was actually thinking about doing this. I think the most filled Pokedex I've had was in Blue with like 120, but I didn't have Red so I couldn't finish it. I used infinite RCs to level up pokes to evolve them, lol.

But yeah, everything except for event pokemon sounds fun.

Enigma

Years
I think I might have thought of a new challenge (although I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned before). After looking at the Anime Challenge, I thought of the Character Challenge. Basically, you take a character from any show/anime/whatever, your choice, and use Pokemon that you think that character would use. No legendaries, of course. I'll set it up immediately if anyone else find it to be a good idea.

Years
I think I might have thought of a new challenge (although I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned before). After looking at the Anime Challenge, I thought of the Character Challenge. Basically, you take a character from any show/anime/whatever, your choice, and use Pokemon that you think that character would use. No legendaries, of course. I'll set it up immediately if anyone else find it to be a good idea.

I think what makes a challenge is the more limits that you put on things. Like, for example, the video game character challenge, I'm not a fan of because it is just up for too much interpretation. Like I could be like 'Oh it's Link his green I can have any green Pokemon"

Maybe you could give people extra added challenges like I said I'm going to use Woobat for Edward from Twilight (which would make sense since Edward can read minds and Woobat is psychic..... I see you judging me over there stop it) be like, okay his a vampire so he has to have leech life and if you are playing your game while daylight is out (GSC and BW ) you can't even have him in your party unless your in a cave or something.

Lol when I found red and blue at a rummage sale (and they both saved) I thought about doing this >: then I found out I had a gba link cable and not a regular gameboy so I was like meh, f the hard copies, and I sold them on Ebay since I could just do roms. I might do this if the table top challenge doesn't force me to hate 1st.

Actually lol I like how your challenge is actually the purpose of the Pokemon games.

Gotta Catch Em All

Enigma

Years
I think what makes a challenge is the more limits that you put on things. Like, for example, the video game character challenge, I'm not a fan of because it is just up for too much interpretation. Like I could be like 'Oh it's Link his green I can have any green Pokemon"

Maybe you could give people extra added challenges like I said I'm going to use Woobat for Edward from Twilight (which would make sense since Edward can read minds and Woobat is psychic..... I see you judging me over there stop it) be like, okay his a vampire so he has to have leech life and if you are playing your game while daylight is out (GSC and BW ) you can't even have him in your party unless your in a cave or something.

I'll add in that part as well, if I can explain it properly. xD

EDIT: Made the thread! I'm excited for it. I'm doing the Ultimate Character Challenge. :3

Last edited:

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Put on my thinking cap, and thought of a new challenge.

Basically, you go here, to a random number generator. Pick a region, let's say, Kanto. Episodes 1-118. You get a random number, check the episode on Serebii or Bulbapedia, and use one wild pokemon in your episode on the team. You basically do it six times and get six pokemon.

Not sure about it, yet, just wanted some thoughts.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Put on my thinking cap, and thought of a new challenge.

Basically, you go here, to a random number generator. Pick a region, let's say, Kanto. Episodes 1-118. You get a random number, check the episode on Serebii or Bulbapedia, and use one wild pokemon in your episode on the team. You basically do it six times and get six pokemon.

Not sure about it, yet, just wanted some thoughts.
That sounds awfully familiar to the Random Pokemon Challenge. In the Random Challenge, you signed up with saying what game and how many Pokemon you'd be using, and then the OP went to a random Pokemon Generator, and generated however many Pokemon you wanted that are catchable in your game.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
It's similar, yes. I'll probably forget about it, anyways.

Thought of one where your team consists of three pokemon that are all super effective against another, like Water Fire Grass.

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
For some reason, I've been distracted from my challenges for a while. So what I did was make a fancy list of all of my games, and the challenges that I am currently doing on them. Before I start a new challenge, I'm going to try to complete all of my current ones that I haven't finished yet. I just got finished with my Walrein solo run on Platinum, which I left sitting after getting 6 badges. Now, to decide what to do next: Swellow / Guardevoir dual-species on Ruby (8 badges), regular run on Sapphire (8 badges), a regular run on Emerald (7 badges), or Flygon solo on Diamond (7 badges). I think I'll continue with the Sinnoh region since I should be able to get through the story pretty quickly after just completing Platinum, then try to work on the R/S/E runs at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back