• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shooting at MIT

Years
I am VERY surprised that this guy was captured. After what happened last night with the death of that MIT campus officer and that gunfight where the first suspect died, I was sure that the second suspect would kill himself and take out some other people with him.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Interested in the why and how, as it surfaces through trial, as a method of determining what intelligence did wrong in not detecting and preventing this from occur. Or if there were accomplices, etc. Information. Information is good.

But, not particularly interested in pretending that his reasoning is valid as there is no justification.

Sir Codin

Of course the reasoning wouldn't be valid or justified, but it's still something that needs to be known.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've been watching this for nearly 24 hours. I'm exhausted and super, super happy with how it ended. I've still got the news on and the people that congregated around the home with the boat are cheering and chanting "U-S-A" and just look beside themselves with joy. It's been a tragic week, but how tonight ended was amazing.

Years
They got Djohar, the younger brother. He seemed to be a cool kid who was known by everybody and wanted to get ahead in life. I have a feeling the older brother played a role influencing him into this. He went to Dagestan (near Chechnya) for 6 months, so maybe that's where he got the training/indoctrination.

Edit: Call me selfish, but I'm really happy that D&D can go back to being D&D.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I've been watching this for nearly 24 hours. I'm exhausted and super, super happy with how it ended. I've still got the news on and the people that congregated around the home with the boat are cheering and chanting "U-S-A" and just look beside themselves with joy. It's been a tragic week, but how tonight ended was amazing.

I'm so happy this ended well. I've been following too. I was watching a hockey game just now.They put an announcement on the big screens in the arena that he was taken custody and you could hear everyone in the audience shout "U-S-A" over and over and cheering/clapping loudly. Louder than people usually do during a game. This has been a long week for all Americans and I hope there isn't any more bombings in the weeks to come. I heard some people saying there could be other people related/who know to the suspects planning more attacks, though I really REALLY hope that's just a rumor.Now comes all the questions and trials.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
They got Djohar, the younger brother. He seemed to be a cool kid who was known by everybody and wanted to get ahead in life. I have a feeling the older brother played a role influencing him into this. He went to Dagestan (near Chechnya) for 6 months, so maybe that's where he got the training/indoctrination.

Edit: Call me selfish, but I'm really happy that D&D can go back to being D&D.
I think the father might have been indoctrinated/radicalized/recruited first, back home. Might be why there seems to a division between he and his brother and why the brother seems to look down on that family.

Then probably the older son when he returned for six months.

Then somehow got the younger one in on it, if even half-heartedly, when "he went missing" a month ago.

---

Anyway, really like the outcome of this. Teamwork, cooperation, and good detective and tactical work goes a long way

Years
I think the father might have been indoctrinated/radicalized/recruited first, back home. Might be why there seems to a division between he and his brother and why the brother seems to look down on that family.

But the father seemed really shocked in the interview that something like this could've happened.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Looking at the younger brother's track record you would have never guessed he would do this. Looking at his Twitter and what friends said about him he came off as your typical teenager.

The older one had a more notorious track record and I honestly think he's the mastermind behind this, but even he came off as a friendly guy, albeit very religious.

Really want to hear answers from Dzhokhar and why he and his brother did this. No matter the reasoning it'll never be justified but I at least want to know what made them go this far, but honestly the older brother probably had all the answers and he's no longer with us.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I saw this on the news at work! Sadly I was too busy working to see Obama speaking on it, but tonight did end on a good note. I'm glad this all happened quickly as well.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Apparently the younger brother killed the older brother. Wasn't due to the fire fight with police. The police were handcuffing the older one when the younger one ran over him in the car to get away o_o

Years
Apparently the younger brother killed the older brother. Wasn't due to the fire fight with police. The police were handcuffing the older one when the younger one ran over him in the car to get away o_o
If that's true then it's a shame we lost a chance to question him about how this all happened, and also pretty impressive of the police for being able to capture both of them alive even if one of them died right after.

I hope now that this is all over there won't be a stupid backlash against Muslims/people who "look" Muslim like there was after 9/11.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Massachusetts State Police has released a few photos of the younger suspect hiding in the boat last night.

378238_10151421091297613_1468699740_n.jpg

295818_10151421091367613_1706052564_n.jpg

20818_10151421091372613_632476731_n.jpg

923371_10151421091287613_1393461082_n.jpg

10075_10151421091292613_454470815_n.jpg

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
So that's what the bearcat was for. I was wondering why it took them so long to get him, if they were pulling the cover off the boat by hand, lol. Evidently they weren't though.

Back