• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Does the C-gear connection with Wifi make the DSi battery drain faster?
I feel like I'm constantly having to plug in my DSi

It does make the battery drain faster as there is more usage of the DS components. A lot of people say they don't notice much difference, but it can depend on a few factors such as the age of the DS and the rechargeable battery inside as well as the volume you use (speakers can use a lot of battery power).

If you are having issues with battery life, then you can send your DS into Nintendo and get a new rechargeable battery installed. Visit their support pages for information.

When I turn on my C-Gear and play Black or White, there are 3 connection bars, meaning there is a good Wi-fi connection. But when I try to go in the Wi-fi club or GTS, I don't get any connection. I have to move closer towards my router and then I get good connection. Am I the only one with this problem?

I do have this issue myself. I have issues with certain features even if I have three bars where I need to get closer to the router/access point I am using.

It's not really anything you're doing wrong. It just seems to be a design flaw. I experience it in my DS and DS Lite.

Can you challenge the gym leaders after you finish the game?

There are no trainers you can challenge again except for the daily battles (like the sports domes in Nimbasa City) and the Battle Subway.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
How do you invite people in your Black City/White forest ? o:
I heard those places become greater and greater the more people come ~

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
erm, where do you find out when your pkm is fully finished EV training ?
Like the Ribbon thingy ? :S
I can't tell if anyone answered this question yet, but just in case:
Go to Opelucid City, and in the house directly North of the Pokemon Center there is a girl who will tell you if you've spent all your points. If she says it "put in a great effort!" than you've done it, if she says "it needs to try harder", then you haven't used them all.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Sorry for the last in detail, but can anyone tell me how to reach the house at the southern most area of Icirrus City? And also, how to reach the pokeball next the the group of people singing?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I t has to Winter to access those areas though in that house is a useful item and a Character from HG/SS a very minor one but they were in it nonetheless

Years
Communication Error

I'm not sure if this belongs here or the wifi center, so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place. :[

Has anyone else had issues with Black and White's GTS?
Three times today I've tried to access said connection, after some time of nothing, it gives me "communication error, please turn off power."
I'm curious if this is just on my side (possibly my net?) or if other users are experience the same problems.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
No problems, this is the right forum to ask about the issue that may be going on. However since this is a basic question, it should be asked in our Simple Questions sticky. I'll go ahead and merge it over there, and I'm sure someone will be happy to answer you in time. Next time make sure you post any questions you may need help in getting through the games there instead for the future. :]

kelario26

PKMN Breeder
Years
GTS: Unexplained communication error

Yesterday it worked fine. Today I try to connect, it takes forever, and then gives me a random communication error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for answers.

Years
Yesterday it worked fine. Today I try to connect, it takes forever, and then gives me a random communication error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for answers.

You aren't the only one. Maybe it has something to do with the dream world coming around soon?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
A friend and I were having communication issues the other day. We solved this issue by turning the C-Gear on before connecting to the Wifi connection.

I do not know if this works for everything, but it certainly fixed our error of communicating between two people.

TripLee

Superman
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
Is there a way to check if you have max EV in a stat in B/W?

Years
a few questions about EVs--
if I kill 4 roggenrola supposedly I gain 1 defense stat, but the stat increase may not show up until my pkmn reaches a higher level? or in other words, if I use a lot of those EV-increasing feathers the stat won't actually increase by a lot until I get to a higher level?

also, my pkmn caught pokerus today. It's the first time I've caught it and I was wondering if the EV multiplying effect still lasts even after pokerus goes away?

lastly, are there any ev-reducing berries in BW? I'm assuming we can grow them in the dream world, but that's not open until March 31st

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Do I have to get Cobalion before the new areas for Terrakion and Virizion open up?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
a few questions about EVs--
if I kill 4 roggenrola supposedly I gain 1 defense stat, but the stat increase may not show up until my pkmn reaches a higher level? or in other words, if I use a lot of those EV-increasing feathers the stat won't actually increase by a lot until I get to a higher level?

also, my pkmn caught pokerus today. It's the first time I've caught it and I was wondering if the EV multiplying effect still lasts even after pokerus goes away?

lastly, are there any ev-reducing berries in BW? I'm assuming we can grow them in the dream world, but that's not open until March 31st

Actually I think it's changed in this game, I was ev'ing my Meinshao (Or however you spell it) and his stats were going up each time I received Ev points, I think it adds on when you defeat the Pokemon, cause when he leveled up he only got +3 in speed. \:

Ev reducing berries are only from the Dream World or cheating.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Even though the Dream World hasn't opened for U.S yet, I've heard the DW event Pokemon for Japan were only males. That said, I'm sure a lot of people know Iron Fist Infernape with Thunder Punch and Fire Punch is pretty amazing. But if they are only males, I guess it wouldn't be possible to get this setup then. Can anyone confirm if they are only males, considering female DW Pokemon can pass down DW abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back