• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Knights of Hyrule

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Discuss, analyze, and debate about Zelda's mysteries.

So, I'm curious. There has to be other people here who are more than just a ZeldaFan. I want to see those people.

I guess I'll start the first topic then:
What do you think of Link's Awakening? In the end, was it a dream, or not?

Feel free to go off topic, and change it as often as you like. We're in a Zelda dryspell at the moment, and I expect little discussion until Twilight Princess is released. You can talk about Twilight Princess too, of course. XD

I'm going to try and get some banners and buttons for you guys to use up eventually.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
*razzles* I HAVE JOINED!!
:3~~
So yeah~ I haven't ever beaten Link's Awakening, yet~
@@ I still have to beat the last boss ;_;.. It's hard.. why does he have to have so many forms?
*cries*

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
How'd you post here? I didn't click accept for your entry yet when you posted that (I have now, but still). Are the requests and acceptions just symbolic? *is confused*

And hi!

DethI (or Dethl - I'm not sure actually. I's and l's looks similar sometimes, and it was never mentioned in-game so we have to go through the typeface found in guides and websites) has so many forms because Link's Awakening is supposedly Link's dream (I say supposedly because it's up for debate. Some believe it's the Wind Fish's dream), and in this dream the Nightmares he faces are enemies he faced in A Link to the Past (because this is the sequel to that - it features the same Link). So, the DethI battle features several major enemies from Link's past.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
TRIFORCE89 said:
How'd you post here? I didn't click accept for your entry yet when you posted that (I have now, but still). Are the requests and acceptions just symbolic? *is confused*

And hi!

DethI (or Dethl - I'm not sure actually. I's and l's looks similar sometimes, and it was never mentioned in-game so we have to go through the typeface found in guides and websites) has so many forms because Link's Awakening is supposedly Link's dream (I say supposedly because it's up for debate. Some believe it's the Wind Fish's dream), and in this dream the Nightmares he faces are enemies he faced in A Link to the Past (because this is the sequel to that - it features the same Link). So, the DethI battle features several major enemies from Link's past.

._. dunno~ I guess they are.. *shrugs*
and Hi, too~ <3
;o; Sucks that he has so many forms.. >>; why can't he be like Ganondwarf? My dad can defeat him with the bottle!!!
puu~~
A link to the Past is so hard ;__; I can't even beat the second dungeon on the evil world.. *cries* It's seriously really really hard!!
*frowns*
You'll have to beat it for me or something~

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I didn't know you could use an Empty Bottle as a weapon? O_o

I've only played A Link to the Past once and I didn't like it that much. Nor do I remember the puzzles. If you give to me I'll use my guide or something.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
TRIFORCE89 said:
I didn't know you could use an Empty Bottle as a weapon? O_o

I've only played A Link to the Past once and I didn't like it that much. Nor do I remember the puzzles. If you give to me I'll use my guide or something.

It's true~ You should try it!!
X3 Instead of using your sword to bat back his light beams, you can use the bottle!!
*giggles*

@@ And sounds good~ because seriously.. the sheild does absolutely nothing, and everything's attacking me at the same time and I die in like.. five seconds!! ;o; *cries*
It gets me so frustrated!!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
The shield in game pre-Link's Awakening was annoying. You had to match up perfectly. After Link's Awakening the shield was assigned to a button thankfully, you didn't have to worry about matching.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
TRIFORCE89 said:
The shield in game pre-Link's Awakening was annoying. You had to match up perfectly. After Link's Awakening the shield was assigned to a button thankfully, you didn't have to worry about matching.

Yeah~ well in the GBA game (Link to the Past) you have to match it up >>; and it bothers me a lot~
I like the assigned button thing~

._.;; we seriously need more members in this club~
Honestly~

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
A Link to the Past was released before Link's Awakening, so that would be why you still have to lineup to use the shield. When they rereleased it on the GBA the only changes were to the text (they made it match up better with Ocarina of Time...ie. changing Seven Wise Men to Seven Sages and so on) and one dungeon (there was a glitch that allowed you to beat it too quickly on the SuperNES). A few other changes like what the buttons are aligned to, but essentially it's the same game which is why you still have to line up for the shield to work. It's annoying, I know. It's really annoying in the original Zelda because your bombarded with enemies really soon and you shield does nothing. T_T;

We have other members, they just haven't said anything yet.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
TRIFORCE89 said:
A Link to the Past was released before Link's Awakening, so that would be why you still have to lineup to use the shield. When they rereleased it on the GBA the only changes were to the text (they made it match up better with Ocarina of Time...ie. changing Seven Wise Men to Seven Sages and so on) and one dungeon (there was a glitch that allowed you to beat it too quickly on the SuperNES). A few other changes like what the buttons are aligned to, but essentially it's the same game which is why you still have to line up for the shield to work. It's annoying, I know. It's really annoying in the original Zelda because your bombarded with enemies really soon and you shield does nothing. T_T;

We have other members, they just haven't said anything yet.

@@ Well the other members seriously should start chatting X3~
:3 But yeah..
@@ Every time I enter the dungeon.. I have to run as fast as I can through rooms because it's nearly impossible to combat all those enemies that bombard you ;o;
It's pathetic! and it gets me so angry ;o;
If I have to go to a boss or something, I can't because I usually die on the way to the boss-lair!
Then I give up and stop playing it for another 5 months >>;;

I have A Link to the Past for the old Nintendo~ (the gold one)
._. but seriously.. even the TOWNS are hard in that game --;;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Hmm.... I don't think A Link to the Past was ever a gold cartridge. By "old" do you mean the SuperNES or just the NES? The NES had to gold cartridge Zelda games. The Legend of Zelda, and The Adventure of Link.

The Legend of Zelda didn't have towns though. Adventure of Link did however. Is the game you're referring to a side-scroller? If so than it's Adventure of Link, which annoys the Underworld out of me. It's too hard. Trying to battle enemies where the weakspot is their head but you don't have neough jumping room is realy annoying. It's the only Zelda game I haven't finished.

Chronos

Not named from YGO-GX.
Years
I persevered with that...and it took me nearly three months. Blasted game, its a nightmare, and in my opinion, it doesn't really fit in with the series. A Link to the Past I got when it was re-released on GBA (too young for a SNES, I grew up playing a Megadrive, although I do own a SNES now) and I found that quite challenging at points.

P.S. Thanks for accepting me into this group ^_^

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
A Link to the Past was turning point in the series I think.

With AoL we had the ability to visit different towns and talk to NPCs. A Link to the Past brought the series back to it's overhead roots, while at the same time continuing the village aspect. Unfortunately we only got one village, Kakariko.

It did set up a storyline, a very important formula that pretty much all Zelda games afterward follow. OoT was basically just ALttP in 3D, with a few minor and major changes.

But ALttP somehow combined the aspects of it's predessors and made it work. In my opinion, it was LA to made the series. It took ALttP and advanced it. We had more than one village now, and it improved on everything in ALttP, and gave us the shield as a button weapon.

Without ALttP I don't think we'd have LA, and wouldn't have Zelda how it is now.

The major flaw I have with ALttP is in fact the lack of villages. NPC conversation are too far between, and you don't get the sense of being in the game.

Chronos

Not named from YGO-GX.
Years
It lacks the involvement aspect, I agree, but it more than makes up for it in depth and gameplay. Many consider Ocarina of Time to be the greatest Zelda, probably thats automatically assumed as its the first 3D Zelda. Still, they really should play ALttP first, I'd say it was a lot harder, and I like the Dark World idea, something they haven't been able to recreate very well in Zelda yet (The Twilight Realm may very well be a turning point though) although the different time zones of Oracle of Ages made for an interesting enough aspect. For involving Zelda, I would go with The Minish Cap, there are certainly enough NPCs to talk to (and fuse Kinstones with..that takes a good few days). However, it lacks one thing- length. I find that a problem with most Zelda games now- they're getting shorter! It took me close on a month to finish Ocarina of Time on my first try, Minish Cap on my first try took me under a week. Are they getting easier, or am I just getting better?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Alright, Knights I have something you should find interesting.

I want to see some timelines, but I don't want to see junky ones. So I'm giving you some guidelines:

Zelda Legends : What is Canon? (Dec 8 2004)
Zelda Legends : Analyzing the Canon (Jan 28 2006)
Harkinian : Timeline Guidline (Feb 1 2006)
The Hylia : Lost in Translation (Feb 2 2006)

They're good reads, and even I learned some new things. I've been inactive (sadly) in the Zelda Community for quite some time now, and apparently there's a proper timeline format now (as outlined in the Harkinian article - which I haven't read until today...just a few days late). I've occasionally check up on some Zelda forums, and I have noticed that timelines now are very very short. Just a list most of the time, occasionally with some proof to back it up. I have no idea why these new ZeldaFans have adopted this, but myself, a Zelda Scribe, am partial to large multipage indepth timelines.

My last version was 11 pages, and I'm hoping to surpass this on my newest one.

But there are your guidelines, use them well, and post in any format you want (long or short) - just always always always back yourself up.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
TRIFORCE89 said:
Hmm.... I don't think A Link to the Past was ever a gold cartridge. By "old" do you mean the SuperNES or just the NES? The NES had to gold cartridge Zelda games. The Legend of Zelda, and The Adventure of Link.

The Legend of Zelda didn't have towns though. Adventure of Link did however. Is the game you're referring to a side-scroller? If so than it's Adventure of Link, which annoys the Underworld out of me. It's too hard. Trying to battle enemies where the weakspot is their head but you don't have neough jumping room is realy annoying. It's the only Zelda game I haven't finished.

By old I mean the old Nintendo~
Not even NES or SuperNES~ o_o;; just.. old old Nintendo..
and yeah.. it's half side-scroller ._.;; and yeah.. the towns are hard because you have to wait for people to open doors for you before you can enter them.. but sometimes the people like.. never come ;o;.. it's so annoying.

Chronos

Not named from YGO-GX.
Years
Interesting reads indeed...its got me thinking...hmm, I'll come back to those as soon as I can form the correct words...and as soon as I have them printed and read three times apiece. And I also started playing Oracle of Seasons again today. I've lost my Ages copy, sadly, but Seasons I still find enjoyable. But ridiculously easy...

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
@@ I love seasons and ages~ @@;; it's like.. my favourite Zelda game!!
:3 and I like it because it IS easy~
because usually in other games.. when I get stuck at a place and can't beat it.. I always stop playing the game for the longest time.. then I get new games and never feel like going back to it~

Ralph= <3~~

Years
I'm a member thingy.

I've never played the oracle games. O.o;
I'm still disapointed TP has been delayed agian

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Apparently, Reggie Fils-Aime said on a SpikeTV interview (why that channel?) that TP has infact been delayed until fall.

According to The Hylia we should expect an announcement on Zelda's anniversary - February 21.

Back