• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Oh my God. Most of the article was just blah blah conservative nonsense-- UNTIL she actually went there and called homosexuality unsafe and unnatural. The most disturbing part of it is that she slammed anti-bullying campaigns as harmful and unlikely to stop bullying... and then proceeded to talk about a "well-travelled road out of homosexuality" and linked to a thinly veiled gay conversion website!

There are people - not many mind you, but still some - who will read that article and believe her. The worst part is, I think she's all too comfortable to wear the blood that she'll have on her hands due to the things she thinks it's okay to say.

Free speech is a good thing, right?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I know this isn't related to the current topic but I need opinions.

In Zelda: Ocaria of Time, Zelda disguises herself as a man named Sheik. But it isn't just a normal disguise, she used magic to physicaly change her body to a man's. Would this technically make Zelda a transsexual?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I know this isn't related to the current topic but I need opinions.

In Zelda: Ocaria of Time, Zelda disguises herself as a man named Sheik. But it isn't just a normal disguise, she used magic to physicaly change her body to a man's. Would this technically make Zelda a transsexual?
I've thought about that before, myself. She DOES use magic to change herself into a man. So, I guess she can switch gender at will. You know, I bet if you brought this topic up to bigots, they'd probably try to start some argument like "Don't let your kids play Zelda; it promotes transsexualism." :\

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I'd rather change myself into a woman and back to escape a kidnapper.

...who wouldn't?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
So those without the ability to pay for a high enough level of private health insurance just have to deal with it? Being born into a body that wasn't meant for you would be something that is mentally and emotionally draining to live with every day. Just because it doesn't directly affect a person's physical health doesn't make it any less important or necessary to correct.

I see your point, but it's really not the job of the taxpayers to pay to correct birth defects that are not life-threatening.

Shining Raichu

Years
I don't personally think that would make her a transsexual lol. If she was using magic to change between forms, that's a whole lot different simply because of the ease of reversal. I think in every single work of fiction that has involved magic, there has been at least one instance where it has been used to change a character between genders. I've seen it in Charmed, Buffy, Harry Potter and Bewitched just to name a few. I wouldn't think that that makes any of those characters transsexual either.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Ummm I don't think Sheik is transsexual. xD I mean she doesn't actually stay as Sheik; it would be one thing if she decided "hey let's turn into a man" and then turned into a man and stayed that way because she was happy with it but I'm pretty sure (from what I've heard since I haven't played Ocarina of Time) it was simply an easy disguise. I know from experience that (most) transsexual people aren't interested in just flip-flopping genders. ~_~ That's called gender fluid.

Also from what I've picked off online just now, it's actually unsure if Sheik is really a man and an actual change in sex is only mentioned in non-canon stuff.
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sheik has a very feminine voice/figure, and really honestly looks like a woman to me. I mean this isn't canon of course but you get it.

I don't personally think that would make her a transsexual lol. If she was using magic to change between forms, that's a whole lot different simply because of the ease of reversal. I think in every single work of fiction that has involved magic, there has been at least one instance where it has been used to change a character between genders. I've seen it in Charmed, Buffy, Harry Potter and Bewitched just to name a few. I wouldn't think that that makes any of those characters transsexual either.
Wait, you saw it in Harry Potter? Are you talking about Polyjuice Potion? Because, otherwise I don't remember it.

Shining Raichu

Years
Yeah, at the beginning of Book/Movie 7 when everybody turned into Harrys to fool Voldemort lol. Hermione and Fleur were among those who changed into Harry, so they were switching gender.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Yeah, at the beginning of Book/Movie 7 when everybody turned into Harrys to fool Voldemort lol. Hermione and Fleur were among those who changed into Harry, so they were switching gender.
At first I was thinking "that doesn't count!" but I guess it counts just as much as Sheik does. xD

Speaking of transsexuals, do you find this video offensive to them?
That girl was really cute. She passed way better than they depicted her in the animated video.

Other than that I don't really have any comment. It looks really really sad but I can't tell much considering I didn't understand a single word anyone was saying.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hmm. So if Sheik is physically a man and mentally a woman, would falling in love with him be gay straight or perfectly bi?

Years
Speaking of transsexuals, do you find this video offensive to them?
Since I don't really understand Chinese I can't really comment fully (although I did see the word for "suspect" in there - 嫌犯). I'm going to assume that the people reporting this and/or the person who gave us the English title of "cross-dressing student caught in girls dorm" could not necessarily understand the differences between cross-dressing, transvestism, being transgender, and so on and that they might mistake one for the other. If this were a case of a trans woman being called a cross-dresser I'd be quite bothered, but really, I can't say for sure.

The only thing that does bother me is the weird animated "re-enactment" as if this video was meant to teach people about cross-dressing (or, again, whatever it is they think they're talking about) and it seems rather insensitive and sensationalized.

Hmm. So if Sheik is physically a man and mentally a woman, would falling in love with him be gay straight or perfectly bi?
Another example of why terms like 'gay' and 'straight' and 'bi' don't really apply when you have anyone who isn't "traditionally" gendered.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

That depends on the gender of the person who's falling in love with Sheik. xD

I'm a male and I'm falling in love with Sheik. For many reasons that include his body and mind. Especially his flexibility and mysteriousness. But I guess it's hard to put a sexual label on transgender love.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I think that Shiek is, as stupid as it sounds, in a similar position as Mulan. In order for Zelda/Mulan to survive, they both had to mask themselves as men and fight. A chinese woman or a Hyrulian woman are expected to be submissive to men, and not engage in physical combat. It was not so much Shiek/Zelda desired to be a man for sexual or gender identity purposes; however, Shiek/Zelda desired to be given the same treatment/opportunity from society as men did. Wow, moments like these just make me feel like a nerd.

First, state sexual orientation. Where have you met other people for potential dates/relationships? What was your experience with differing locations?

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I think that Shiek is, as stupid as it sounds, in a similar position as Mulan. In order for Zelda/Mulan to survive, they both had to mask themselves as men and fight. A chinese woman or a Hyrulian woman are expected to be submissive to men, and not engage in physical combat. It was not so much Shiek/Zelda desired to be a man for sexual or gender identity purposes; however, Shiek/Zelda desired to be given the same treatment/opportunity from society as men did. Wow, moments like these just make me feel like a nerd.

First, state sexual orientation. Where have you met other people for potential dates/relationships? What was your experience with differing locations?

Close. Zelda disguised herself to hide from Ganondorf. Being a man makes it less likely to be discovered. Though Sheik fights ninja-like, Zelda can hold her own in battle with her magic.

I wish I could answer the topic question, but I haven't dated yet. Or even had my first kiss. T_T I wouldn't want to date anyone in my area anyways, they're too ghetto.

Shining Raichu

Years
I can't really answer that question either, because I honestly don't know. I'm gay, so I can answer the first part, but beyond that it's a bit out of my scope. I've never really dated for something beyond sex. That shouldn't be taken as me being a 'player' or a 'skank' because my encounters have been sort of few and far between (I don't get out much lol) but rather I've never actually looked for dates or a relationship, because I feel like it's forced.

If a relationship is going to form with me, it has to happen organically. We'd probably be friends first and then have it lead to something more. Honestly I can't think of anything more torturous than going out looking for a date lol.

The sexual encounters I've had have sort of in one way or another found me, so I can't even really name a place I've gone and met them lol

Years
Honestly I can't think of anything more torturous than going out looking for a date lol.
100% agree with you on this. I can't imagine actually going out somewhere with the intention of looking for someone to date. That seems so impersonal. I'm a much bigger fan of getting to know someone before dating. Everyone I've ever dated has been someone I knew for at least a little while before and got along with as a friend.

Back