• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Bowl '12

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
So, I apparently forgot to save last time, and I hadnt fought Whitney yet. Does it still count as a loss or can I re fight her?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Update #3

-Beat Lt. Surge 14-0
-Beat Sabrina 15-0
-Beat Janine 16-0
-Beat Erika 17-0
-Beat Misty 18-0
-Beat Brock 19-0
-Beat Blaine 20-0
-Beat Blue 21-0
-Beat the E4 and Lance again 26-0
-Train to Lv 70
-Beat Red 27-0
-Challenge Done

Final Team:
pokemoncrystal11.png
Mascot
pokemoncrystal12j.png
Star Player
pokemoncrystal13.png
Band
pokemoncrystal14i.png
Sponsor
pokemoncrystal15x.png
Cheerleader
pokemoncrystal16.png
Fan

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
So, I apparently forgot to save last time, and I hadnt fought Whitney yet. Does it still count as a loss or can I re fight her?
I would try to recreate the fight as much as you can and lose, then beat her, since you're not supposed to save before gym fights anyway.

Bob III

Person
Years
Day 6:
Went back to New Bark town, caught a Chinchou named Sparky
Went to Mahogany town, was told to go to Lake of Rage
Defeated red Gyarados
Sparky evolved
Defeated Team Rocket at HQ
Defeated Pryce in gym (7-0)
Went back to Whirl Islands and caught a Seel named Jigsaw
Trained whole team to levels 35-40
Unicorn evolved
Realized I had to go back to Goldenrod to defeat Team Rocket
Defeated Team Rocket
Defeated Clair using Ice Beam on Jigsaw (8-0)
Trained whole team up to level 50
Defeated Will with Sparky's Spark and Bob IV's Bite (9-0)
Defeated Koga by Sparky and Laserbeam using Surf (10-0)
Defeated Bruno with more Surfs (11-0)
Defeated Karen using type advantages on most of her Pokémon (12-0)
Defeated Lance using Ice Beam from Jigsaw (13-0)
Took S.S. Aqua to Vermilion City
Defeated Lt. Surge with Earthquakes (14-0)
Defeated Sabrina with Bob IV's Bite (15-0)
Defeated Erika with Jigsaw's Ice Beam (16-0)
Defeated Janine with Laserbeam's Psychic (17-0)
Fixed Power Plant

Team:
Spoiler:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I would try to recreate the fight as much as you can and lose, then beat her, since you're not supposed to save before gym fights anyway.

I was right out of the forest, I just decided to count it as a loss.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Sorry for the slackness of my update got my White 2 and been playing that

Update 3
Our team has reached the low 20's...as we made our way to the bug stadium...Castelia City where our next game took place

Team Angel vs Team Burgh

Team Angel shut his team down with help from Mephiss and Xavi...3-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZbZLZVR6DQ (here is game 3 of 13)

Sorry for the delay my PC is down so not alot of rendering can be done...so I will do my best to record and get em up

Last edited:

Bob III

Person
Years
Day 7:
Went to Cerulean Cape and talked to Misty
Defeated Misty with Sparky (18-0)

Team:
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sorry I haven't updated the list like I said I would. I'm busy trying to juggle this challenge along with playing White 2 AND Black 2, and then let's not forget school. It's band season! So much band. Truth be told, I'll probably try to win most of my season and just stop lol. I just don't have the time. But I'm pushing through! I got another badge today. BARELY THOUGH. I almost lost. I had used my max of 3 items and my last party member was almost gone, but I won. Hopefully from here on out, gym battles will be easier haha.

So here is my first GOOD update, where I will explain my name choices for things finally! I am naming my Pokemon carefully, usually in sync with why I picked them for their respective role in my team. Anyway...

Spr_BW_Linebacker.png

Coach: Bear (Paul "Bear" Bryant, one of THE best AL coach! Wish there was a coach NPC)
Game: White (Alabama's colors are crimson and white)
Standings: 2-0

235.gif

Bama! / Smeargle (m) lv. 20 (couldn't think of a name! might rename later)
Flame Charge, Psywave

231.gif

Big Al / Phanpy (m) lv. 21 (named after Alabama's mascot)
Take Down, Rollout, Tackle, Defense Curl

532.gif

Ha-Ha C-D / Timburr (m) lv. 22 (named after Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix)
Low Kick, Bide, Leer, Rock Throw

548.gif

Ballerina / Petilil (f) lv. 14 (named after Marching Ballerinas which is my uni's danceline)
Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Mega Drain, Growth

So far, this team is ROUGH. I was afraid I'd lose to Lenora. I got lucky. She used Leer right when I chose to use Low Kick, and Timburr is slower than Watchog so...yeah. Very lucky, especially since she had already used Leer the turn before (which I had to use an Awakening during-- my last item for that battle). From this point on though, I think the gyms will get easier. Smeargle is about to get a new Sketch, Phanpy will evolve as well as Timburr, and I just added Petilil to the team SO THERE'S NO WAY TO FAIL! I'll add my Swablu after I beat Burgh, and then Victini will probably come in as soon as the rest of my team hits 50, which is normally around gym 8. ...Hopefully I'll get that far. XD I'll try to find some time to update the list. -yawns- Lists r lame :(

Last edited:

Bob III

Person
Years
Day 8:
Used the Poke flute radio on Snorlax and defeated it
Defeated Brock (19-0)
Defeated Blaine (20-0)
Defeated Blue using type effective moves on each of his Pokémon (21-0)
Grinded whole team to level 60
Defeated E4 and Lance again (26-0)
Defeated Red (27-0)

Team:
Spoiler:

Good Luck to all other challengers, have fun!

Screenshots:

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
Years
Sorry for the delay! I've been distracted by White 2~

Anywho.

MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
(Riley's notes on her epic journey of awesomeness. So epic and awesome, you can't even imagine.)
1. Went to talk to Elm after Ethan's Marill used me as a hiding place. Saw someone looking into the lab window. When I tried to talk to him, he shoved me. Jerk.
2.Got Totodile, named him Eric, and went off to talk to Mr. Pokemon. (Weird name. Weirder dude.)
2. Got an egg from Mr. Pokemon. (Got to go give this to Elm. Now. Before I scramble it and eat it.)
3. Ran into the red-haired jerk from earlier, kicked his butt, and saw his trainer card. Name's Adrian. He'd be cute if he weren't so stupid and mean.
4. I guess Adrian stole that Chikorita from Elm. So that's what he was doing! Jerk. I gave his name to the police and I will hunt him down and kick his butt again. And again. And again and again and again. The jerk.
5. Calm down, Riley.
6. So. Gave the egg to Elm. Ethan showed off - I know how pokeballs work, silly - and then gave me presents~
7. Used Ethan's presents to catch a sweet little Sentret. Named him Henry, then banished Eric to the PC for biting strange people's ankles. I told him not to since you never know where they've been.
8. Me and Henry went off to Violet City.
9. I challenged the Sprout Tower. It was full of old dudes with Bellsprout. Naturally, I kicked their butts.
10. Ran into Adrian at the top of the tower, but he got away before I could punch him in the nose. Note to self: don't let him get away next time.
11. Henry evolved! He's so adorable~
12. Challenged Falkner. Won!
13. Went through a cave, tripped over at least five Geodude, and got challenged by random trainers. My knees hurt...
14. Got to Azalea Town. Some weird dude calling himself a Team Rocket Grunt was standing in front of Slowpoke Well.
15. Accidentally went into Ilex Forest in the dark. I got... lost. Oops. But I caught an Oddish and named her Nova, so it's okay.
16. Got unlost and slept at the Pokemon Center.
17. Visited Kurt in the morning. Stupid old man went to go stop Team Rocket from doing whatever they were doing to the Slowpoke and hurt himself, so I had to go in there after him.
18. Found out what the Rockets are doing. They're CUTTING SLOWPOKE TAILS OFF. AND SELLING THEM. I hate them more than Adrian. And that's saying something.
19. Rescued a Slowpoke from the evil organization and named him Dopey since he's... well. Slow. And silly.
20. Battled a guy named Proton (...that's... you know what? Not even going there.) and kicked Team Rocket out of the well and Azalea Town.

Standings
1-0

Team
Nova/Oddish/Female
- Band
- Lv.12
- Absorb/Sweet Scent/Acid

Henry/Furret/Male
- Cheerleader
- Lv.18
- Scratch/Foresight/Defense Curl/Quick Attack

Dopey/Slowpoke/Male
- Sponsor
- Lv.12
- Water Gun/Yawn/Tackle/Growl

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Pictureless update. I just beat Burgh after spending a long time leveling up Timburr and Phanpy to evolve them. I barely beat Burgh. I used one item and only had Donphan left at the end. So I'm 3-0...another close call. I suck haha. I just added Swablu to my team so hopefully things will get better from here on out. I'll evolve Gurrdurr soon as well as Petilil and Swablu adds more to my team, though it'll be a long time before she evolves. So yeah. See ya after gym 4.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
TEAM USA - Winter 2014​

#1 Star-Player - Gretski (Wayne, Hockey Legend) lvl. 40 (Male) Icicle Crash, Bulldoze, Slash, Rock Tomb
614.gif

#2 Cheerleader - Hayden (Panetierre, Heroes' Cheerleader) lvl. 40 (Female) Scald, Taunt, Acrobatics, Work-up
516.gif

#3) Mascot - We can't afford one yet :(

#4 Band - Gwen (Stephanie, musician) lvl. 33 (Female) Electro Ball, Volt Switch, Bug Bite, Slash
596.gif

#5 Fans - We still don't have many fans :(

#6 Sponsor - Trump (Donald, Smuggest Man Alive) - lvl.40 (Male) Leaf Blade, Mega Drain, Coil, Slam
497.gif

5 Games Done
Record: 5-0

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #2 on Platinum.
  • Helped Dawn get her Pokedex back, then got the Fly HM for Blitz.
  • Made my way to Pastoria City, then trained some more past it.
  • Took on the gym, and Wake went down easily to Montero and Sea Gal. Season Record: 4-1.
  • Soon afterwards, E.C.S. evolved into Blaziken!
  • Went up north for Cynthia's quest after defeating the Grunt bomber.
  • Grabed the King's Rock in Celestic Town and used it to evolve Sound Wave into Politoed!
  • Beat Cyrus and got the Surf HM for Sound Wave, and we trained a bit on the water routes.
  • Went to Canalave City, beat Joey again, then faced the gym.
  • Byron was swept easily by Sound Wave! Season Record: 5-1.
  • Got Strength but skipped Iron Island for now, and we took care of Saturn and Mars at the lakes.
  • Climbed to the snowy trails and caught our final team member, the Sponsor, Tanzania the Sneasel!
  • Tanzania is one of the partners of the Sounders, and Weavile is an exotic-looking Pokemon.
  • Trained Tanzania up back in Iron Island and then the snowy mountain route to Snowpoint City.
  • Took on Candice, who was taken out easily by E.C.S. Season Record: 6-1.
  • Visited Acuity Lake, then went to solve the Team Galactic problem.
  • First, though, I used the Shiny Stone from Iron Island to evolve Sea Gal into Roserade!
  • Defeated Cyrus in the TG Headquarters, and also found a Razor Claw in his office.
  • After another level, Tanzania evolved into Weavile!
  • Climbed Mt. Coronet and beat Mars and Jupiter with Joey's help (not that I needed it, of course!).
  • Giratina appeared, I jumped into the Distortion World in pursuit, and that's where I am saved.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Sigi:
Spr_4d_186_m.png

Sound Wave the Modest Politoed, ♂ - L46 @ Mystic Water
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Surf, Body Slam, Swagger, Mud Shot
Spr_4p_407_f.png

Sea Gal the Bashful Roserade, ♀ - L44 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Petal Dance, Growth, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes
Spr_4d_237.png

Montero the Impish Hitmontop, ♂ - L45 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Technician
Moves: Rolling Kick, Return, Dig, Fake Out
Spr_4d_227.png

Blitz the Bashful Skarmory, ♂ - L44 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Steel Wing, Spikes, Fly, Rock Smash
Spr_4d_257_m.png

E.C.S. the Careful Blaziken, ♂ - L45 @ Fist Plate
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Double Kick, Rock Climb, Blaze Kick, Bulk Up
Spr_4p_461_m.png

Tanzania the Adamant Weavile, ♂ - L45 @ NeverMeltIce
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Ice Punch, Strength, Faint Attack, Iron Tail

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Alright, well this makes 2 losses in a row. I had even done a bunch of training before hand but a nasty critical hit from Herdier really screwed me over. Well here's my update:

Current score: 0 - 2
Team:
Spoiler:

Alright, the sweet taste of victory has finally come! I defeated Burgh.

Current score: 1 - 2
Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Final Update (#3) on Platinum.
  • To make a long story short, I won the challenge with an 11-2 record.
  • My only losses were to Fantina (okay, that's fine) and VOLKNER!!! (WHAAAA?!?!?)
  • Still can't believe I lost to him, I accidentally fought him with a weakened team (forgot to heal beforehand) and he won with a crit Thunder Fang on Montero.
  • Anyway, I grinded like crazy and got my team up to L58-59 for the Elite Four.
  • Aaron was no trouble, Tanzania and Sound Wave beat him.
  • Bertha was swept easily with Sea Gal's Petal Dance (Persim Berry FTW).
  • Flint was a bit harder, since Magmortar was tough, but Sound Wave, Montero, Tanzania, and Blitz combined to win.
  • Lucian was easy thanks to Tanzania sweeping with Swords Dance + Night Slash.
  • Finally it was down to the champion, Cynthia. I made a video but it got corrupted :(, so a play-by-play will have to suffice:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
challbowlhof.png

Team Sigi:
Spr_4d_227.png

Blitz the Bashful Skarmory, ♂ - L59 @ Sky Plate
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Steel Wing, Rock Slide, Fly, Spikes
Final Stats: 162/139/189/54/120/106
Spr_4p_461_m.png

Tanzania the Adamant Weavile, ♂ - L59 @ NeverMeltIce
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Night Slash, Swords Dance
Final Stats: 175/205/94/53/124/167
Spr_4d_186_m.png

Sound Wave the Modest Politoed, ♂ - L59 @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Surf, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Perish Song
Final Stats: 221/84/109/165/132
Spr_4d_257_m.png

E.C.S. the Careful Blaziken, ♂ - L59 @ Fist Plate
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Sky Uppercut, ThunderPunch, Blaze Kick, Bulk Up
Final Stats: 178/187/98/133/100/135
Spr_4d_237.png

Montero the Impish Hitmontop, ♂ - L59 @ Dread Plate
Ability: Technician
Moves: Revenge, Sucker Punch, Earthquake, Fake Out
Final Stats: 161/160/148/41/157/94
Spr_4p_407_f.png

Sea Gal the Bashful Roserade, ♀ - L59 @ Poison Barb
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Petal Dance, Growth, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes
Final Stats: 158/87/85/193/141/146

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Ok i'm gonna have to back out of this challenge I was around gym 4 when the game froze and I lost my save states...I don't wanna go through ti all again thanks anyway. Being sick didn't help me much either

I went 4-0 (just took down Team Elesa and had finally gotten my 6th member the Cheerleader Roselia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back