• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Johto Reboot (OOC) [T]

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
@jov0006: Really nice read, you are definitely accepted! Togepi is now taken. I hope to see what you do with the Spinarak now, I'm really interested haha.

@Sovereign: Great start to your SU, if you can keep it up at half that rate you'll most certainly be accepted! Cyndaquil and your place are still reserved.

Due to six of the seven spots now being filled, I'll post the first chapter as soon as possible.

Hey guys, Chapter One is up now! It's quite short but I just wanted to get it up and started.

Quick question, would you like to see Pokémon from other generations involved or should we keep with the canon of the games? Just want some of your opinions before I decided. Route 29 is basically game canon and I added Aipom as you technically can catch it on Route 29, via headbutting trees.

Other gen Pokémon would be good but I know I'll probably just go canon anyway. As for headbutting *imagines Cotidia headbutting a tree*

Also, now that the first chapter's up, do I retrieve my Pokémon as the egg or is it already hatched?

Last edited:

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
My SU is finally done! Sorry for taking so long, I didn't expect it to take so much time. Should you find anything you would like fixed or something I need to add please do say! I will get to it in a jiffy. :3

Hey guys, Chapter One is up now! It's quite short but I just wanted to get it up and started.

Quick question, would you like to see Pokémon from other generations involved or should we keep with the canon of the games? Just want some of your opinions before I decided. Route 29 is basically game canon and I added Aipom as you technically can catch it on Route 29, via headbutting trees.

I would love to see other generations mixed in. I adore Hoenn and Kanto Pokémon, but if you decide to keep it canon I am perfectly alright with that as well.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
@Sovereign: Nice to see your SU fully done, great read and you've been accepted. Cyndaquil is now taken.

@jov0006: It'd be preferable for you to receive it hatched, however if you'd prefer an egg then it's up to you haha.

I guess I'll incorporate Pokémon from other gens in then, will add more diversity to everyones teams hopefully!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I like Sinnoh Pokemon. Yeah.

Well, I'll try to post as much as I can starting now, but I doubt I can do one post a day since exam week is comin up. Don't worry. I will catch up with the deadlines (if there is one) since I am really good at that. BRB!

jov0006

Years
I like Sinnoh Pokemon. Yeah.

Well, I'll try to post as much as I can starting now, but I doubt I can do one post a day since exam week is comin up. Don't worry. I will catch up with the deadlines (if there is one) since I am really good at that. BRB!

Haha, exam week was last week for me. As for other gens, I suspect it will be full-on gen 5 for me when it comes to other gens. Is Sylveon allowed? Also what do we do about Marill/Jiggly/Garde's type change?

Gandhi Savage

Years
@miltankRancher: That's fine buddy, not a problem at all. Thanks for letting me know and good luck!

@jov0006: Hmmmmm, that's a good question. I don't think I'll include fairy-type in this roleplay, and I don't think I'll make Sylveon available. I might reconsider, but for now I don't think so.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Will have my post up most likely tonight or tomorrow! As for the diversity of Pokemon, I wouldn't mind seeing slight variations. Perhaps Pokemon from other regions can be considered 'rare' in that particular location? Just an idea.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
I would love to see Gen III onwards Pokémon, it would make for a wider variety :D
But I'm also fine with just Gens I and II o3o

Also, my internet is all funky and stuff so I won't have my next post for a while...
That said, I will probably have a capture attempt in it :3

Also, I'm assuming I can assign egg moves/base moves that are appropriate for a young, recently obtained Bulbasaur, yes?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
...and posted! Will go over for any errors tomorrow - it's really late and I need some sleep haha. So far, I'm definitely enjoying the roleplay.

Gandhi Savage

Years
Due to miltankRancher I will keep all posts regarding captures, and replies to posts here. It might be a little more inconvenient for me but whatever I'm fine with it.

IC REPLIES;
@miltankRancher: Nice post, quite funny with the landing tbh.

@YogiOne: Haha loved the start, made me thing of How I Met Your Mother and gave me a good chuckle! Also love the way we get an insight to Ryan's mind, really nice! Great post, keep up the good work!

Ryan received a Totodile!

@Curious: Really great post, love your layout, it looks really clean and nice. Good content too, your descriptions were really nice also.

Lily received a Chikorita!

@EliteBeats: I love how funny you make your posts, that post was really good.

Bree caught a Sentret!

OOC REPLIES;
@miltankRancher: I'm not 100% sure if I'd be up for it but it is a possibility at least.

@EliteBeats: Thanks for your input, I'll add newer Pokémon from the next route onward. Yes of course, it's a similar system to the anime where you can learn moves at will, as long as it's realistic.

@Curious: That's great to hear, hope you do for as long as this lasts!

Quick question to everyone, is there a certain Pokémon you want to use? Just wanting to know so I can work it in as soon as possible.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Rayquaza Hmm... I think a Houndour. XD I don't think Noel will get an Eeveeloution. Not sure yet.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I actually wanted to roleplay with a team containing a Smeargle, but I guess it is far too early for that. If we're talking about legit not-strong-immediately Pokemon, I am thinking of wanting a Pineco. I always loved that cone.

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Wow, lots of post and we have our first capture of the rp going to EliteBeats, time to catch.

I've got some interesting ideas in mind for a Phanpy in Ryan's team, and although I kinda understand miltankRancher request but personal I prefer those sort of post to stay in the Ic thread but maybe that's just me.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Turkish. I really don't mind how you handle the IC replies, so whatever you find more convenient should do o3o
And I was thinking of acquiring a derpy Slowpoke at some point :3 SLOOOOW, SLOOOOOOOW! xD

And thank you :3 RPing as Brianna is definitely loads of fun :D
Now it's time to name that Sentret... Possibly as Herrharrier cause it's the first thing I thought of when doing my last post... for some reason xD

jov0006

Years
Well... I'm writing up a post that's 2-3 normal posts long, and Cotidia's rival owns a Mienfoo... But as for other gen Pokés, I think Cotidia will get many Pokémon that evolve into gen 4 guys.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Hey guys, I am writing my first post up now.

As for your Pokémon question, it would be awesome if Ivy could work with a Pichu. I could just see the level of frustration it would cause her as to evolve it the Pokémon would have to like her back. It could be kind of like her but in Pokémon form: incredibly stubborn, stands against authority, and doesn't make friends easily. It would be fun to write out her struggles and how they might eventually get along.

It's fine though if she can't catch one. I am perfectly happy going along with whatever you choose!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm definitely planning to have Lily catch a Scyther; if it were to be available. I've already kind of planned the team she might end up having. In saying that, I don't want to plan too far ahead haha.

Back