• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I suppose the 'beginner' thing was getting a bit old so yeah.

Uh I made a sprite of Aqualing hope you like!
Aqualing_mural_zps1e386da2.png
Aqualing_mural-Shinyvariant_zps4a50023d.png

ALEXIAL FINISH THAT WATER STARTER SECOND EVO I'M HUNGRY WITH THE DESIGN OF THIS ALBATROSS IT LOOKS SOOOOO LEGENDARILY PERFECT!!!!

Regarding a visual progress, can I/Alexial/Idontcarewhojustsomeone make a documentation on the implementation of new data such as new attacks, new abilities, new items etc.?

And also, I think this Pokédex Project should evolve into a community-made region or something, that with new features released in every aspect of a Pokémon game since that allows for more creativity and fun. Who's with me?

By the way, I'd like to see more pixel artists like a person known as LOW-GEE-DAN participate and emancipate the visualisation of this Dex/Region in a game type of a way.

Cheers~

I'll get to the Water starter when I get to it. :p lol

I'm not sure what you mean about the new abilities/attacks and whatnot. So far, all new items have their own section under uncatalogued Pokemon, and any new abilities that are listed have a description area designated under the said ability. My plan was (when we amassed a viable amount -- as we only have two or three) to quick link any new abilities to a specific spot on the main page, where details on what the ability / new attack does and how it would effect game play could be displayed. But again, since we only have a handful, I didn't see it necessary to write up the coding for it so soon. Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. In which case, I'm probably all for your idea! xD

Shhhh. I have plan for this project that you guys don't yet know. ;] That's sorta been my objective the whole time, but it's supposed to be a surprise. So hush you.

ANNNDDD

Logiedan said:
you're doing an awesome job with the pokedex project, Jo. <3
I still feel like spriting for it.

Interest has been expressed. There's no promises, of course, but Logie is well aware of the project and will contribute when he has the time. :]

Oh, and Hoenn, you've been added to the list of contributors. n_n;

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
(and Skyrim legendary edition...I mean busy work schedule)

This.

And the fact that I don't have computer access at my dad's house, which is where I spend ninety percent of my summer.

Aaaaah, I'll see what I can do to get some new designs up.

I do adore that Autumn Froslass, though. An interesting take on the pokemon. Keep it up. ;3

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'll get to the Water starter when I get to it. :p lol

I'm not sure what you mean about the new abilities/attacks and whatnot. So far, all new items have their own section under uncatalogued Pokemon, and any new abilities that are listed have a description area designated under the said ability. My plan was (when we amassed a viable amount -- as we only have two or three) to quick link any new abilities to a specific spot on the main page, where details on what the ability / new attack does and how it would effect game play could be displayed. But again, since we only have a handful, I didn't see it necessary to write up the coding for it so soon. Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. In which case, I'm probably all for your idea! xD

Shhhh. I have plan for this project that you guys don't yet know. ;] That's sorta been my objective the whole time, but it's supposed to be a surprise. So hush you.

ANNNDDD

Interest has been expressed. There's no promises, of course, but Logie is well aware of the project and will contribute when he has the time. :]

Oh, and Hoenn, you've been added to the list of contributors. n_n;

Uh, thanks, I guess!
And yes that's what I meant, a quick link to a catalogued area of abilities, items and moves.

But I think you're right, since we only have a few there's no need for much specification.

But but... My lips are sealed.

And new contributione I'd like to just put up:

YieldBall_zps2b19cd6f.png

Name : Yield Ball
Categorisation : Pokéball (items)
Flavour Text : A type of Pokéball that works better on Pokémon holding items.
In-Depth-Effect : Capture rate in ratio to Pokéball is 1.5 : 1, if the foe has a hold item it becomes 3.5 : 1.

PS - I'm gonna be busy too, come to think of it. Skyrim legendary edition zomg.

I'm gonna claim this guy and his evolutions for sprites, just to notify if someone is planning to.

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Alrighty then I'm back from vacation, and although I got burned, it was fun. As my first contribution in over a week, here is sprite art (no battle sprites for me, I'm not very good at them) of -Oops ghost...thingy? I dunno, I don't think it ever got a name :/

Spoiler:

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Alright... My computer just signed itself out...it wont start up properly (it crashes at loading screen) and blah... So Ive had time to check things here again via mobile. Ive been looking at the fakemon and I see some types are realy under developed... We have next to none fire (and few other) fakemon. Also Im pretty sure the mythology part is filled more than enough. So Im thinking about the next direction. Maybe pokemon related to certain locations etc. Although this would maybe require more region typed planning. Hmm...what else... Ill update more when my thoughts gather... :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I like the idea of adding more fire types. n_n; It seems to me that our direction has gone more from "developing" to "completing" though. Not completion of the dex, mind you, but filling in all the unfinished sprites / information for each fakemon.

Cleaning house, so to speak.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I like the idea of adding more fire types. n_n; It seems to me that our direction has gone more from "developing" to "completing" though. Not completion of the dex, mind you, but filling in all the unfinished sprites / information for each fakemon.

Cleaning house, so to speak.

I don't know why, but I do think the fire type starter needs a bit of a cleanup. See, it looks like a type of a 'mischevious' bittersweet starter who is cute but a miscreant, and evolves into a rather sinister prankster Pokémon. The problem I have is... suppose you are starting out on a journey and picked this guy as a starter. He's the only Pokémon you can trust, and your oldest friend, would you like it if he constantly betrays this trust in small ways? A starter should grow up to be a respectable, lovable, honourable Pokémon. Which is why Game Freak has avoided Dark and Ghost types until now.

I suppose we could have a new design and let this guy be a usual fire-type in the game (Golurk's design of him looks awesome!). Who's with me?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Mm.. I suppose we should ask Golurk.

Personally, I don't see any problem with a "non-canon" Pokemon as a starter. I mean, we're not exactly going for the most authentic pokedex on earth. xD But still, I hear what you're saying and that definitely should be taken into consideration. Then again, one could always argue that a trainer's decision in starter pokemon depends on their personality-- in which case a mischievous, borderline devilish pokemon may suit some very well. ;)

But in all seriousness, I think a lot of the first sketches that were submitted into the project need redrawing (I know a few of mine that are dying to actually be done correctly ._____.). So if Golurk is feeling up to it, maybe he can doodle up something that fits better into the "theme".

Also, I'm going to update the first post tomorrow. :) I'm going to go ahead and use Hoenn's idea for the unique abilities / attacks, so they will have their own section under Items/Uncatalogued. Everyone remember to make sure that your sketches and information is exactly the way you want it to be. It will take me a bit of time though because I'm going to quick link them, so be patient with me! n_n;

Working on a new fire type now. It's sort of going to be the "Magmar" of the dex. xD

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Oh, I was about to do somehting on the line of that as well :P

And I'm giving up on the Froslass thing, but I do have the grass one sketched out. I'll upload it later today.

And since everyone decided to do sprites, I tried doing it myself:

Someone said 64x64, so I think that's what size it is right? This is also my first time spriting something. You can tell by all the awkward things going on in the sprite :D

Oh, and what other types are we missing? I want to attempt a Fire type, but I'll see what you come up with first so ours don't conflict :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh lol, maybe "Magmar" wasn't the right word. Mine's more.... Emolga only fire type. xD It's like a little pink thing. Ah, I'll just edit this with a picture later. :p But I promise that our designs won't overlap.

Considering we already have a winter Froslass, and I did Autumn.. that leaves only one more season if you did one too. So, yeah! We're almost done with that line anyway. n_n; I'll take whichever one you didn't do.

And wow. I just took a nice, close look at the sprite. 10/10. Are you planing on keeping that background?

Ragnia

Hello
Years

And I'm giving up on the Froslass thing, but I do have the grass one sketched out. I'll upload it later today.

Someone said 64x64, so I think that's what size it is right? This is also my first time spriting something. You can tell by all the awkward things going on in the sprite :D

Oh, and what other types are we missing? I want to attempt a Fire type, but I'll see what you come up with first so ours don't conflict :P

Wow Sunfished, I really like it! It's a really great job for your first sprite. Though, the only qualm I have with it is that the outline is solid black, but otherwise it really does look great. As Alexial said, 10/10!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Are you looking for sprites for everything? Because I have a sprite that looks strikingly similar to the first Flying type in the OP if you want it. I don't know what color scheme is in mind, but I can also color it however. If you're looking for sprites, I'll be more than happy to help sprite some of the art found in the OP.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Are you looking for sprites for everything? Because I have a sprite that looks strikingly similar to the first Flying type in the OP if you want it. I don't know what color scheme is in mind, but I can also color it however. If you're looking for sprites, I'll be more than happy to help sprite some of the art found in the OP.

Hey Charblade!

We as a project are looking for, well, everything! n_n; We are looking for artists, spriters, contributors, theorymon-izers, philosophers, pre-Raphielites.. pretty much everything from a to z in terms of pokedex building and development. Feel free to come on in! If you want to sprite one of the fakemons in the main post, go for it! We'll take any and all submissions. :3

When it comes to sprite donation, we're not really looking for a replacement for anything at the moment, but we'll take what you can give us. If you've got a sprite that's similar, show us! I'm sure someone here (or you) can make whatever small edits that are necessary to match the concept art to the sprite.

But yup! Come on in, make yourself comfortable with the team, and get to work at your own pace. Spriters are definitely a hot commodity in these parts. :p

~

Speaking of which, Sunny, here's my little fire guy I was telling you about. n_n; I went right from drawing to sprite, hope no one minds.
picture.php

I had to upload it through my art album on PC because Photobucket's interface is totally jacked right now ;w; Anyway, yeah compare and contrast! Feedback please! I think I need to darken the outline personally, but I'd like a bit of a critique on this one.

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Hey Charblade!

Speaking of which, Sunny, here's my little fire guy I was telling you about. n_n; I went right from drawing to sprite, hope no one minds.
picture.php

I had to upload it through my art album on PC because Photobucket's interface is totally jacked right now ;w; Anyway, yeah compare and contrast! Feedback please! I think I need to darken the outline personally, but I'd like a bit of a critique on this one.

Hmhmhm, I'm liking it, Alexial! I'm gonna have to agree with you on the darker outline because it's kind of difficult to distinguish parts with a quick glance. I also feel like there are a few misplaced pixels on the top right of the tail making it look kind of jagged. Other than that, I think it's great! On a side note, I'm getting a chihuahua vibe from it, probably because of the ears.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015

Well honestly, I think this is something that matched my... about a 100th attempt? Anyway the point is, I'm really impressed by this guy. Although you made a slight misunderstanding of a type. Nobody says 64x64 and that is a size only used for ROM Hacks and such, but nowadays we prefer 96x96 since that is the standard B/W sprite and also it allows for much more detail in design. But that's not a problem here, since the starters are anyway small in size so this will fit.

Long story short: No need to make changes to this sprite, but keep this in mind while working with bigger Pokémon, base them on 96x96

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ah, thanks for the comments guys :D

@Hoenn
Oh haha. I guess I shouldn't have said this is my "first time" spriting something :D
I actually began spriting when rom hacking began popular, so I guess my first reaction to making that guy was to set the canvas to 64x64. I guess old habits are hard to forget :D

@Alexial
That thing looks so adorable!
I was about to do a deer shrew, but I had that feeling it would look like yours, so I waited :P
Now I'm going to do a slime, kind of like those ones you see in many RPGs.
And also, I did the spring form of Froslass, so that would mean the summer one is free :D

EDIT:
here's a quick rendition of the spring froslass

It's basically a flower

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Sorry I haven't been able to contribute to this for awhile. I've got a lot of stuff going on, so my drawing time was a bit limited o3o' I don't know how often I'll be able to post here still, but for the moment, here's something~

I redrew the pre-evolution of the grass-type fakemon I posted awhile back on the computer. I'm going to redraw it's evolution as well.
345cz5y.jpg

The head is supposed to be a giant bud. For some reason I can't draw buds very well -w-'

here's a quick rendition of the spring froslass

It's basically a flower
I like it, but... Shouldn't it have more of the kimono look like the others?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I personally love the Spring Froslass, but I do feel like it's body is a little.. thin. xD But it is basically a flower, and I think that theme should be preserved. Besides, Froslass is a Ghost, they're supposed to be at least partially amorphous, so a twig-body isn't a far stretch.

I'll post my Summer Froslass soon!

every time I come here I'm like.. YAY so many people viewing this thread! Then it's like.. (2 members and 329548oq37234 guests) D;

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
Here's a sprite I made for this, not custom, a fusion because I'm not good with custom sprites-

Name Insecorpse
Type Ghost, Grass
Ability Cursed Body, Shed Skin
Classification The Bug Skin Pokemon
Gender Ratio: m-50% f-50%
Flavor Text
Insecorpse are the shedded skin of bug Pokemon that have come to life.
Base Stats
HP:79
Attack:60
Defense:55
Special Attack:64
Special Defense:71
Speed:84

Last edited:
Back