• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokémon Keratin Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I love playing snakewood! And this looks 1000 times better! how is the progress coming?

Slowly. I've kind of stopped for a bit because I'm in the middle of exams, but I hope to get some good progress done over the summer. I might even have a beta by August, though I'm not going to promise anything.

Culterine, i think this hack will be as good AND funnier than even the Ruby Destiny series. In Snakewood, i notice most of your references are Dr. Seuss (Pink Ink,Blue Fish). Also, just an opininon, but why not make ANOTHER one more Team to join, and the starter will be Missingno., or maybe put Missingno. somewhere? I always wanted to make or play a hack starring Missingno.

Actually, only a small proportion of the Snakewood references are to Dr. Seuss. There are many, many others.

And since you ask about Missingno., I've already put him in. I also gave him a pre-evolution and an evolved form; they were one of the first new lines I inserted.

This game also reminds me of Shadow the Hedgehog. Will you be given an option to choose to go the different path you want to take? Also is Hombone going to replace Numel again or is it gonna replace a different Pokemon? The Fabulous Snowmen are probably even crazier than the Deadly Seven, maybe even crazier! Anyways that is my on-topic post that I have for you that may contain questions.

The only choices you make in the game are those to do with joining gangs and a couple of little things, like choosing to kick the Spearow or not. The rest happens according to those choices. The multiple endings depend on which gang you picked, and on a certain decision you make at the end.

So if you join Team Rocket will it be a completely different story than if you wouldn't join

Yes. If you join Team Rocket, you will work for Team Rocket throughout the story. (And fail horribly, but only because Team Rocket are morons.) If you join Ork's smuggling ring, you will work for Ork throughout the story. And so on and so forth.

On another note, I might release a minihack before I get back to work on Keratin, just to keep my hand in. Again, no promises, but we'll see what happens.

F.A.B.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
pokmonkeratinzcv.png

What kid talks like that? and refers to him/herself as a "mere child"? You may as well make her say "I have executed my plan in a perfect manner; I am never to be discovered as the culprit! Not a soul would even dream a youth would be capable of such thievery, yet I have proven them wrong and stolen the the keys that are held in such high value."

You need to give different people different ways of talking. A kid, especially, wouldn't talk like that. More like, "Ha ha! Who'd ever suspect a KID to steal the keys!" or something.

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
^ I'm preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure that's the joke.

That would make sense, but it's not only that character. They all have that uppity (for lack of a better word <_>) way of talking.

edogg

EXTREME mapper
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
Are you planning on adding any telefangs in that was a cool feature.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Snakewood was one the best hacks i've played and this looks really promising

Thanks. Let's hope I get somewhere with it.

Woohoo, another hack by the best storyteller in Pokecommunity!!!!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I'm going to need every one of those exclamation marks; it's going to take a lot of luck for me to get this done.

If snakewood was fun to play with, then this hack will be more fun...i hope it is.but yeah, seeing your previous hack, i cant wait for a more detail update in the future..:))
annddd yessss....storyline is more important..as well as abit enchance graphic..haha

That would make sense, but it's not only that character. They all have that uppity (for lack of a better word <_>) way of talking.

Yes. You may not have noticed, but realism - especially in terms of dialogue - is not at all a major concern of mine. There is a time and place for it - perhaps when I'm trying to develop a particular character, or approaching something in a slightly more serious manner (for Keratin is nothing more to me than an amusing side dish in the buffet of life) - but frankly, I don't care about it. It doesn't seem to be that big a problem for most people, to be honest, so I'd suggest that you are outside my target audience. Since the style of hack I make is tailored for quite a specific audience, that's wholly understandable - in fact, I'm surprised I haven't encountered more people who dislike the way I do things, this being the Internet and all - and I'd suggest that you might find other hacks more to your taste.

That being said, you make a valid point - or semi-valid at least, since I can't see how you would know more than a small fraction of the actual dialogue from Keratin, even in its current state - and it's something I should consider. Certainly, some characters need an individual personality and speech pattern, and I have no doubt that I'll do something at least to ensure that they do.

Are you planning on adding any telefangs in that was a cool feature.

Probably not, I'm afraid, but I might add things from some other random little-known games. I mean, I wouldn't put it past me.

F.A.B.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
why do spearows hate me....... first they eat my waffles, then they steal my brother..... what are they gonna do? sell him into an undergroun- o wait, cant go there on pokecommunity....... but you get the gist of it....

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2012
I must say...you really impress me dude.
I´m currently playing snakewood,which really pleasures me.
And what stands up there sounds incredibly amazing !
Keep the work up !

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020
Looks amazing from what I've seen. Since Professor Ork isn't Professor Oak in disguise, I'm wondering if you'll have people like Jesse and James in Team Rocket. Keep up the good work ;-P

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
OK man this seems kick ass but the only thing that needs to stay in the game is BOUFFALANT please don't take away my brofullo :'(

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
man, i cant wait for the release!!! hope this is another one i can play ten times over like snakewood!

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
woah looks good i played snakewood and it was one of the best hacks ive played hope this ones as good or even better :) good luck

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Cooooool hack ! sounds really promising and i'm SURE THAT IT WILL SURPASS SNAKEWOOD ( which is a great hack ) !
So it will have story branching ?! There aren't many hacks with story branching so that feature is going to make it unique! Is Cutlerine still working on snakewood ? i know that it is 92,8% complete but i'm anticipating to see the 100% snakewood ;) Good luck and keep it up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back