• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I beg to differ, Seth was decent, but compared to people like Joshua or Gerrick, he just didn't seem adequate after a certain point.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I've been playing this quite a bit since it came out...I kinda wish I'd waited until after the latest maps came out before I started my Lunatic run; it would have made those earlier grinding days so much easier. Although, that said, I'm finding this game a lot easier even on the hardest difficulty when compared to Shadow Dragon.

Also, I wish this game supported polygamy. I'd decided to have my avatar get hitched to Cherche, but I just had my first support conversation with Tharja the other day...oh dear. xD

tabor62

Years
I seriously doubt Nintendo would ever want to support something like polygamy in one of their games. If you really want to get married to multiple people in the game and get all the S-rank supports, just beat the game to get the support log, then start a new file where you don't get married to anyone. Then all you have to do is save that file to an extra slot where you get married, delete it, then go back to the original save, save another file where you get married to another person, and just repeat it over an over again; that's what I'm doing. I hope this explanation wasn't confusing, I wasn't too sure how to explain it.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Somehow I doubt it as well, especially if they're going to censor DLC...which I find quite entertaining, because if anything it looks more suggestive as a result of it, rather than less.

I'm treating my first playthrough more as a trial run to be honest; I'm not entirely sure what pairings produce the best offspring in terms of skills, so I've just been pairing up characters I like. I did make an exception to pair Donnel and Nowi though, for a Nah with Aptitude.

tabor62

Years
My first one is also pretty much a trial run. The only reason I'm bothering to get my characters to max or near max stat cap is because of Paralogue 23, it's extremely difficult, even if I'm playing on Normal ;.;

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I beg to differ, Seth was decent, but compared to people like Joshua or Gerrick, he just didn't seem adequate after a certain point.

Seth can solo the entire game he is in. I beg to differ. Majorly.

So I recently beat my Lunatic run. So I played on casual because I couldn't keep 90% of my units dieing in chapter 2 and 3. Also because I wanted to get female supports. Half way through the game I decided to say "Screw it!" and bought my maxed out limit breaker MU from my previous file and my maxed out limit breaker DLC Marth. It made Lunatic much easier except the last chapter.

I played the Endgame with only those two units and my MU and Chrom paired up with them. I barely managed to beat it. I went through 7 elixers and it took me like 20 minutes. It was hard. And I only beat it because I got lucky. I probably should've bought a couple more maxed out units. From this Lunatic+ has been unlocked for me (only casual mode though). Oh I tried the prologue and got ripped apart. Not touching that again for a long while.

tabor62

Years
Well I suppose my judgement would be flawed seeing as I didn't train him very much since he was the game's jeigan. I opted to train my other units more often which resulted in my view on his stats and etc. Maybe I'll pick up Sacred Stones again.... well, after Awakening of course. Also now that I actually look it up, he's very very very broken for a jeigan.

And how just hard is Lunatic anyhow? It sounds near impossible to do on Classic.

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Many people consider jeigans to be bad because they are jeigan but they are actually pretty good.

I can't really give an accurate representation because I grinded a lot as soon as I could. But the first four chapters are hard. Like really hard. I had to use all my other units besides Frederick Chrom and MU as a meat shield. Lunatic mode is pretty much Frederick Emblem.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I kept Seth and the guy was still a killer. Though if I didn't know about the internet I'd have kept the other jeigans since Sacred Stones is my first Fire Emblem lol.

Holy **** I made Stahl a total monster. The guy just murders everyone and their family. Sully too but she doesn't tank hits as well. Donny is next.
Virion is pretty dope too. What a likeable guy. After seeing his support with other characters I think he might as well be my favorite character. Glad I kept him.

Also is newcomer "spoiling" anyone? My brother refuses to play other Fire Emblems just because of the whole death *l+r+start* thing. Wonder if I can get him to play Advance Wars instead.

Last edited:

Teanji

Wielder of the Sol Blade!
Years
See, I'd probably really love Fire Emblem, but I've never really been into handhelds and as such don't have a 3DS yet and can't really bring myself to buy an entire console for it (I'm pretty much waiting on a special edition Pokemon X/Y console before I pick one up).

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Now iss a better time than ever to get a 3DS. Pokemon X/Y isn't worth waiting for when you can play better games like this one, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Kid Icarus Uprising right now, to name some.

And whatever you do, regardless if this is your first Fire Emblem, always always play on classic. It's not very fun without that, and the game's easy enough anyway.

Teanji

Wielder of the Sol Blade!
Years
Now iss a better time than ever to get a 3DS. Pokemon X/Y isn't worth waiting for when you can play better games like this one, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Kid Icarus Uprising right now, to name some.

And whatever you do, regardless if this is your first Fire Emblem, always always play on classic. It's not very fun without that, and the game's easy enough anyway.
Hmm.. Well, perhaps I'll look around for a good deal then. As for classic mode, I'm very much a hard-mode player when it comes to tactical games that I'm playing at my own rate, so that seems very natural for me to choose.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
Years
Also is newcomer "spoiling" anyone? My brother refuses to play other Fire Emblems just because of the whole death *l+r+start* thing. Wonder if I can get him to play Advance Wars instead.

I think that the main difference between Classic and Casual (pardon me for oversimplifying) is that you have to employ completely different tacticals depending on whether or not you can sacrifice a soldier on the field without any real consequences, and this was probably addressed earlier in the thread. This really can't be emphasized enough; to refuse to play because of that soft reset aspect is to say that there is absolutely no difference between both modes. If I played on Casual, a legitimate strategy would be to get my blob of troops to rush recklessly into the enemy's line of attack. This is not the case in Classic mode; the game is much slower and you must consider a plethora of other offensive/defensive tacticals so that you don't have to reset or say goodbye to one of your units. The frustration of not wanting to lose any units and having to reset when they die is part of what makes Fire Emblem an awesome and unique strategy game. Really, the only people who take the permadeath-and-that's-final thing to heart are the people who want to play the game a little differently, Nuzlocke style, and that's great for them! I'm actually considering playing like that someday.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Should I use a master seal on Donnel right now or wait until he's level 15 to get the underdog skill? Can't decide. I broke my "no grind" rule and from just two random fights from the map most of my units are all kinds of overpowered so I have no problem babysitting Donny a little more. In chapter 9 right now.
Kinda regret grinding, though, even for a bit. Makes the game less fun. But honestly I don't have time restarting a whole chapter from one simple mistake right now. :x

Gotta say, even though I haven't played all Fire Emblems, Chrom is so boring. My least favorite lord by far. If he gets in Brawl over Ike I'd be pissed. (luckily Marth is irreplaceable.) Also, after seeing his support with Donnel, Kellam is adorable! I need to find him a girl. Him, and Virion in fact. I already got Donnel planned to marry Lissa.

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
^Donnel can't master seal as a villager. He needs to second seal first. Classes that go up to level 30 (Dread Fighter, Lodestar, Bride, Villager) can't master seal.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Ah good to know. I've also got a second seal anyway. Which class is better for Donny? Mercenary or Fighter? I'm thinking of mercenary right now.

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Mercenary fits him better because he gets armsthrift and Donnel has great luck so he would get some good use out of it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So.. there's new DLC ready to purchase!

There's the third vacation map, which is the Hot Spring Scramble, which you can get for $3.00. There's also the first of a new set of DLC, which is called The Future Past, that costs $3.00. Like with all sets, you can get the pack of the Future Past DLC sets as well.

Does anyone plan to get either of them? I'm aiming to get the Future Past DLC. :3

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I can't get the future past ones (I like future of despair better). No money. But I like how the fathers don't have generic convos with their children in it.

I got the spa one but haven't played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back