• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 6 Pokemon Cries

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
Google has been turning up empty for me when searching for cries of gen 6 pokemon, which is unfortunate. But I figured out how to extract pokemon cries from Pokemon X and Y on my own! And you can too!

I got a male-to-male audio cable, which lets me transfer sound directly from my 3DS into my computer's microphone slot. I booted up the game, flew to the Scary House just south of Laverre City (where there's no background music), and started playing the cries of various pokemon from my pokedex. I used Audacity, a free sound editor, to record the sound. The quality is great!

My setup

This is the cable I bought here for $7.50 (there were similar cables for less, but their review scores weren't as high). Much less expensive than a 3DS capture card or hack-y devices for sure.

Cries I've recorded so far
About 200 pokemon cries have been recorded, including all announced gen 6 pokemon.

Feel free to use any of the cries I record and upload. No credit needed, although it would be nice.

Last edited:

G-Master

Lead of Pokémon Roll
Years
  • Age 29
  • AZ
  • Seen May 10, 2022
I found a Youtube video that has all of the cries in it. I plan to download it and trim/optimize everything to the best of my ability, then post it in resources. No promises on quality (because Youtube audio blows), but it will be a good resource for those who don't own X or Y.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Do you have all the pokemon's cries? I had totally misread what you said the first time and realized i can do this as well, if theres pokemon missing I might be able to help if you need it

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
I do not have all the cries right now. Currently I'm not actively working on this resource either (finals, among other things). I'll try to get more once pokemon bank comes out.

I think other resources for gen 6 cries are becoming more common now. In particular, GReusch left this reply:

Here is an RAR with all of the regular Gen 6 Pokemon cries in the WAV format and named in accordance with the National Dex. Note that the Mega Evo cries are NOT in this RAR.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x47axdjunoldjgx/Gen 6 Cries.rar

Please tell me if any are too loud or cut off early, etc.

So if there's a cry I don't have in my collection you can try looking there. Sorry for the inconvenience. And yeah, anyone can help out if they'd like. My method of getting cries (literally recording the 3DS) is much easier than ripping into the game's data.

G-Master

Lead of Pokémon Roll
Years
  • Age 29
  • AZ
  • Seen May 10, 2022
So if there's a cry I don't have in my collection you can try looking there. Sorry for the inconvenience. And yeah, anyone can help out if they'd like. My method of getting cries (literally recording the 3DS) is much easier than ripping into the game's data.

That RAR is a temp collection that people can use until your cry collection is complete (since the cries ripped directly from the game will be MUCH higher quality). I'll remove it when you have all of the cries available.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 6, 2019
Any chance you could do this for some of the moves as well? Preferably moves that you can use in the Overworld, or otherwise have sounds that are used in it; like Earthquake for screen shakes, Cut for trees, etc.

Back