• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#6: SNAAAKKKEEE!

Which is your favorite snake Pokémon?

• Total voters
Years
Good evening passengers, and welcome aboard Flight No. 6 on Poké-Poll of the Week Airways, this is Captain Jamais speaking. Please remain seated until we reach cruising altitude, and make sure that you and others are following all other aircraft rules, including:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be up for a warning or an infraction.
Since we're running low on airpollane fuel, the crew had to put together our own poll question this week. In order to ensure all future flights run safely, feel free to leave your suggestions for future POTWs with your post, or in a VM to myself. If your poll is suggested, you'll be invited to take a tour of the cockpit, and you'll be given a shiny new emblem to add to your collection. Now with that said, this week's poll question is:

Which is your favorite snake Pokémon: Arbok, Seviper or Serperior?

Thank you for choosing PokéPOTW Airways, and make sure to vote and leave your reasoning below, or we'll be forced to let loose these snake Pokemon on the plane!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Uuuuuuuuuh I don't particularly like snake pokémon at all 8) But if I have to choose, I guess it'll be Arbok. It's a cobra and the original snake, and I'm a sucker for originals and just generally think it's the best looking out of the three candidates.

Never liked Seviper much, it's just too elaborately designed. And Serperior, um. It's cool in a way, being grass type and a starter. Pretty bold move to make a snake starter! But still. Arbok's cooler.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm going with Serperior. Of all three snakes listed above, this one, in my opinion, has got the best-looking design. :3" Plus, it could come in quite handy when battling competitively. With Contrary and Leaf Storm combination, it could cause some major havoc. After one Leaf Storm, its Special Attack would be raised sharply due to its ability. Then, it could sweep your opponent's entire team for you without breaking a sweat.

Second favorite would probably have to be Arbok. Seviper isn't so bad, but I'm just not too fond of its looks.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Im going to pick Arbok for this one. I just find his design to be the best-looking, and Kobras are some pretty interesting Animals in rl as well!! I always liked Arbok although ive never used it, and i always wanted it to be Poison and Dark

Years
I'm on the Serperior fanbase here as well. I don't really like the other two, but Serperior looks really beautiful and it's got some really good support moves plus imagine how dangerous it becomes with Contrary-boosted Leaf Storm.

It's one of my fave Grass-type starters to date!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Serperior is also my favourite snake Pokemon, because it's the most majestic out of them, and it's really good with Contrary. I do like the others, but they're not that good, and they should get a (mega) evolution in the next generation.

Besides, why can't we vote for Steelix?

Years
I also think that Onix/Steelix should be in there tbh.

Arbok for me too out of those three though, I'm honestly not sure why but I like it's simplistic design more than the other two which feel a bit overdone and whilst its stats don't hold up much competitively I prefer its diverse moveset to Serperior's even though Serperior wrecks with Contrary + Leaf Storm.

Years
Yeah, Serperior gets my vote, also. Another royal-looking design and while it doesn't get many attacks, I still find it rather cool.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I guess Serperior. I never really liked Arbok because it has bad moves and the intimidate that is has is annoying when facing. Seviper is alright, but I like evolutions. So, I guess I gotta go with Serperior.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Apparently I'm the only one who likes Seviper here? Those blood-red fangs are cool, as is its blade-tail. And it could totally beat Serperior in a fight....not like I've tested it.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Arbok evolves into Seviper! Also, where is Milotic.

Picked Serperior, although Arbok is better for now with an offensive Coil set.

Although Contrary Serperior will NOT be much better than normal Serperior contrary to popular beliefs, as it still has no means to get past Steel/Fire/Flying-types without Hidden Power Fire/Rock, and most of them can take a +2 HP Fire/Rock anyway thanks to its low base 75 Special Attack and destroy Serperior with a powerful move.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I like our semi-palindromic buddy Arbok. Isn't all that interesting, but it's colorful. Seviper seems even more generic than Arbok, and Serperior is a starter, which, after many runs at Unova, you get tired of.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I'm gunna go with Serperior for this one. I like all the snake Pokemon but I really think that this evolution was really neat. Like, I never pictures Snivy turning into a snake!

Plus, I just think it looks the neatest. It looks like a snake but isn't your typical snake design which is a plus for me!

Years
Arbok, simply because I'm more impartial to the orginals. Plus, I'm not particularly familiar with Serperior/Seviper.

Years
LusoTrainer said:
Since when is Steelix a snake?
Well, Steelix's species is the Iron Snake Pokemon. But just like Onix, I would say that's more of a loose comparison rather than it being an actual snake.

For those asking, I could've included Onix/Steelix and Milotic, but if I'm adding them, why not Gyarados, Dratini, Zygarde and other serpentine-like Pokemon? I don't want to have too many options in these POTWs, so I just tried to get the three that best represented the question.

Everyone keep voting if you haven't yet- it's nice to see your responses!

Years
OWW I love Serperior and Arbok! This is not fair :(

I lean slightly toward Serperior.

Especially given the pre-evolutions, I am not a fan of ekans, and "smugleaf" is the best first-stage starter ever!

Seviper is just one of those pokemon I forget about, and honestly, a much better alternative could have taken it's place. For instance, a coral snake? Essentially, Arbok outclasses Seviper in design as the poison snake/cobra. It's simpler and elegant. However, Serperior, given it's regal demeanor, wins my vote!

Years
Hm, to be honest, I've never been attracted to any of the snake Pokemon so I'm not entirely familiar with them. With that said, based on design only, I would have to choose Serperior and it's a Grass-type, which is one of my favourite besides Water and Ice.

Back