• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League (IC)[T]

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
280.png
58.png

Chapter 1-7: The Egg

Aaron opened his eyes. The sun was shining bright, and several Tailow flew past his window. What a great day... he thought. Wait... how are Ralts and Growlithe doing? He heard scratching noises on his door. Aaron opened the door by just a crack. Growlithe ran in. He opened the door fully. Ralts was standing in the hallway, staring at Growlithe with a Seriously? type of look. Aaron grinned. "Ready? Today's the big day." Growlithe jumped onto Aaron's bed and barked, as if to say Yep! Let's do this! Ralts nodded.

Aaron's smile grew. "Hey, how's Ever?" Both Pokémon turned to the hallway. Ever slowly trotted up the stairs. "Hey, buddy." Aaron said. "How are you doing?"

Ever approached Aaron. He petted the Eevee. "So... do you think you can battle yet?" Ever shook his head. "Oh... okay. We'll miss you."

"Audino..." a voice said. Aaron turned around and saw Audino. He had forgot his mom's Audino - Auri - had slept with him! She walked over to Ever and petted him. Auri placed one of her feelers on Ever's head. She then gave Ever a hug. Aaron laughed a little. "Okay, lets just get some Potions at the Department Store.

---

"Yes, five Potions, please." Aaron said, putting $25 on the counter. The man at the counter gave Aaron a box of five Potions. "Alright, thanks." he said. Aaron approached the door, but a poster caught his eye. It read;

<––>
Get free Pokémon Eggs! What will they hatch into?

3F
<––>

"Hmm... that sounds interesting." he said. Aaron ran other to the elevator, and punched the 3F button. Suprisingly, there was only one other person in the elevator.

The doors opened. Against one of the poles was another poster, and in front of it was a man with a giant bag. That must be him. Aaron thought. He ran over. "Hi. Are you the one giving away Eggs?" The man pulled an Egg out of his bag. "Yeah. Take this one. They're all the same species." Aaron took the Egg from the man. "That's it? No paperwork or anything?"
"Oh, right. Sign here."
The man held up a contract. Aaron flipped through it. It was four pages long and titled Egg Care Agreement He pulled a pen out of his pocked and wrote his signature on it. The man took the contract back. "Alright. It's yours." Aaron put the Egg in his Bag. "Thanks," he said. With that, he stepped back into the elevator.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
A beautiful day to be sure. Poocheyena licks my face, excited for the days events, as am I. Celadon city is a nice place - filled with flowers thanks to the Celadon leader. The department store was where I was heading today - going to get some supplies before heading on the road. Technically Pewter city is where they hold the first badge, so I guess I'm going there first unless my plans change in any way. I doubt they will though.

I leave the hotel I've been staying in for the past 2 days and drop of my key. I want to nickname the wolf pokémon that runs by my feet, but so far nothing has really come to mind. I'll do something about that later.

People often give me strange looks due to my appearance, the wolf tail and all, but I like how I look, so I guess that's all that matters - right?

I approach the department store soon, it isn't much more than a fifteen minute walk from the hotel. The place is quite big, and definitely stands out among the generic Celadon buildings. Department stores are kinda fun I guess, being able to shop for everything in one place is quite handy, but the size is too big, and it doesn't have as good a feel as shopping outside (apart from Christmas time, which is nice.)

I step into the front door and prepare myself for a quick shop. I don't want to spend too long here.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
(OOC: I've decided to write in first person from now on.)

280.png
58.png
egg.png

Chapter 1-8: Destiny, Part 1

I still had my doubts about that Egg. But it was too late. I had to challenge Erika. So I just looked through the elevator window (man, why do they have that thing?) and thought about what the Egg could hatch into.

Just then, I heard a beep. An electronic voice said You have arrived at 1F. Enjoy your stay here in Celadon City. I stepped out of the elevator and looked around. Lots of posters were hung on the walls, majority of them being the Egg posters. That made me think about why he was giving them away. I touched the Egg. It felt real. And it shook a little. So they weren't fake. A cute poster of two Mudkip playing in a lake caught my eye. Not knowing there was a boy outside, I opened the door, stepped out, and bumped into him on accident. I blame the poster for being so cute and taking my attention away. Knowing I had to apologize, I brushed the dirt off my leg and said, "Sorry. I wasn't looking."

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years

Tim Gunner

Chapter 1-1

610.gif

Items:
Spoiler:

Tim walked into the Viridian City Gym to meet an old friend of his. as he entered the gym between the two Kanghaskan statues was a wrinkled old man standing next to ten cartons of Fresh Water.

"Are there really that many challengers nowadays Alfred?" asked Tim in in an inquisitive manner.

"Well you know how careful that kid Blue is right? He wants to make HIS Gym the most welcoming Gym in the world. Now isn't it great that he calls old men like me to deliver bottles of water all day long and repeat the same pieces of advice to every single young kid again and again. now as if I'm some young brat like you." complained the Gym- Water handoverer, his face turning from it's usual shade to a deep crimson.

"But....." ventured Tim.

"No buts , young man. If you want to meet him then go on. Otherwise leave the Gym." shouted the old man.

"Okay old man, I'm listening." sulked Tim walking into Blue's room.

"G'mornin Tim. Long time no see." greeted Blue springing up from his chair. He offered Tim a seat and both of them began a conversation.

"Yup, long time anyway. Anyway you remember Bug, he took down three of your team members in our match right? So his consort laid an egg and I need you to look after it till it reaches a good level. Will that be fine with you?" questioned Tim.

"Well that would be an honour Tim Gunner." Blue shook Tim's hand and then saw him off. Thankfully there was no Alfred waiting in the entrance. Tim bade Blue goodbye and then went out. Out over there was a kid with a Dratini at his side.

"Want to to have a battle." asked the kid.

"Maybe.." Tim replied with his usual roughboy look.

"Well let's go on then." laughed the boy running towards the Centre.

"Kids nowadays." thought Tim to himself.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Boof!

Such a strange sound for someone walking directly into me. A boy, quite tall, but roughly on the same level as me, with black hair and a blue cap, and he's wearing that expensive shirt I saw in the shop window last week. I'm not jealous, I didn't actually want it - I just thought it looked nice. He apologizes rather formally with "I'm sorry I wasn't looking.' It wasn't so 'formal' more polite and sensible. Formal in my eyes is stereotypical london, top hats and the works, so in a sense, my first impressions of this guy were good ones.

My reply is well thought out. Poocheyena is sensibly sitting by my side, knowing in some ways that interfering with this will cost me, not sure why, but that's the signs I get from this.

"No, it's my fault too, really I should be apologizing." It isn't true to be honest, I was looking where I was going, but it's the polite thing to do. He doesn't know I'm not being honest, actually I think I'm the best lier, maybe that's just because I don't express too much of my emotions all the time. It's true, I may come across miserable beneath the hair, but honestly I'm a good person. Maybe I'm just self cautious.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
280.png
58.png
egg.png

Chapter 1-8-1: Destiny, Part 2

"No, it's my fault too, really I should be apologizing." the boy said. It seemed sincere, to say the least. Really, I didn't know what to say. "Urr... well... uhh..." was all that came out. Then, Growlithe bit my pant leg. Probably to tell me to not embarrass myself.

I got a good look at the boy. The biggest detail was the fact that he was wearing fake wolf ears and a tail. Which just was screaming for attention.

Then she burst out from under my legs and ran up to the boy's Poochyenna. Ralts, who was standing next to me, looked like he was about to facepalm himself. Growlithe started sniffing Poochyenna, and it looked like she liked him. "Urr... well... it looks like our Pokémon like eachother. I'm Aaron. What's your name?" was basically one of the few things I could manage to say. The whole thing was just embarrassing.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
If it wasn't for the mumbling and the stumble for words, I would have guess the boy, who has recently dubbed himself as Aaron, was a confident fellow at first - unfortunately his sentence structure was rather quick thought of, and simply embarrassing. I tell the boy my name, Dusk, which is ironic considering my choice in color. Other people would assume I was a goth or an emo, that's not the case - in fact, if you actually put me next to one you could shout out at least 50 differences. For a start I don't hang my hair in front of my eyes, although it is long, I sweep it to the side to let my eyes come into contact with those around me, which is a friendly sign. I don't want to seem unfriendly in any way at all, so perhaps when people relate to me to a goth, it might just be my choice of color and my distinct wolf features.

After explaining my name, I raise a question, considering my associate in the conversation is not exactly top notch at forming a sentence.
"Are you on your travels around Kanto? I mean, do you intend to do the gym challenge?" It seems as though less and less people these days are doing the gym challenge that it almost seems like a waste to have. I mean, there isn't really a point in becoming the champion, at least I've never seen a point, although it's a form of entertainment for viewers and for the battler itself. Other than that, I've always heard people say they haven't got the money to roam around the region battling gyms, therefore I guess more people are low on income. I guess the economy today just isn't what it used to be. Don't get me wrong, I love battling, perhaps I prefer contests, but I'm only doing it because I have the money. I'm not rich or anything, and I'm not complaining, but I think people these days are more scared than skint, perhaps people are scared due to the rise in crime or something. To be honest, the whole thought seems like complete gibberish now.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
280.png
58.png
egg.png

Chapter 1-8-2: Destiny, Part 3

"Yes, I am. I live in this town, but I was going to the Gym to challenge Erika." I answered. So it looked like this guy is interested in the League. He might have potential. But somehow I don't think Dusk realized that Growlithe was rapidly sniffing his Poochyenna. At least she couldn't bite me again for just making a fool out of myself. I think her being distracted gave me confidence.

Speaking of Dusk, that's a strange name. I mean, you would either have to be a vampire fan, a werewolf fan, or just flat-out weird to name your child Dusk. But I'm not going to go any further into that. Starting after this question. And after the answer. Maybe.

"So, is your name really Dusk?" I said, though I seriously questioned saying that. I mean, he might take it the wrong way and think I'm insulting him. Whoops.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Is my name really Dusk? Perhaps. None of his business to be honest, but I wont judge or anything because of one questions. I answer with a simple nod. She also mentions she was intending to challenge Erika of this city. I chuckle a little, knowing inside of me how stupid that sounds, well perhaps for me and my new poocheyena - hang on. I look to my side to see the poocheyena and Aaron's growlithe sniffing each other, something that is, rather strange for my eyes... he doesn't seem to be responding as well though. Well, that's up to him.

"I also come from Celadon, just a bit south of here, but are you honestly going to challenge Erika; I don't mean to be rude but Erkia isn;'t the kind of person you would challenge first. I was thinking about taking down Lt. Surge first, and perhaps catch a few pokémon along the way down. Since you are also planning on taking down the gyms, I honestly would recommend you do the same, or if you want, take a plane to Pewter city and challenge the rock gym there." I think my explanation is enough to convince Aaron to join me in my travels.

I grin a bit, pulling my hands out of my pockets and holding one out to Aaron.

"If you like my little, 'game plan,' then would you care to join me in my travels?"

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
280.png
58.png
egg.png

Chapter 1-8-3: The Game Plan

I shuddered at the memory of watching Erika lead with a Venusaur. "Well, that actually not a bad idea. I'd love to go with you." I thought out loud. At the same time, I was watching Growlithe and Poochyenna playing, pretending not to care. Growlithe finally walked away, but then started pulling Dusk's "tail".

"In case you were interested, there's a man giving away Eggs on 3F of the Department Store." I informed him. There were two reasons I told Dusk that. One, I want to see if they really all are the same species. Two, if they hatch into something strong, I want him to get one, too.

"How about we discuss this more at my place?" I finally asked.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
"I would be delighted to," I say gracefully. Aaron gives me directions to go to his home, which is no doubt closer to the city center than mine, and we wave our goodbyes, however these are only momentary goodbyes as I plan to retrieve this egg that Aaron informed me of. Surely as well he wishes to tidy up before allowing me into his abode. I trail myself into the lift, completely forgetting in my excitement of adventure the reason of coming to this store, and press the third floor. Indeed, there stands a man giving away pokémon eggs. Curious things eggs, sometimes the pattern on the egg stands out to you, sometimes it doesn't. Togepi eggs are all the same, with their red and blue triangular patterns. Mine, I can't figure out at all. Hopefully, it will be something unique, however, considering this man is just giving away eggs, it is highly likely Aaron beholds the same species as I.

I leave the store with haste, allowing my wolf like pokémon to run alongside me as I sort of, jog, to the directions Aaron gives me. It takes a while to reach the residence, however I am not disapointed as I soon find my way to the front door. I knock a few times, hoping that Aaron is already in. I wipe the sweat of my forehead due to my jog, and allow my fatigue to restore before my host allows me in.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
280.png
58.png
egg.png

Chapter 1-8-4: The Game Plan, Part 2

So then I wrote down the directions to my house, handed them to Dusk, then headed home, calling "See you later!"

Soon, I arrived home. I opened the door and stepped in. That's when I realized; the house was a mess from the party Dad had last night! Somehow I slept through it. Perhaps being mauled by an angry Torterra helps you sleep through anything. Mom was in Saffron for the week, and Dad was the type of guy who didn't care about messes. My mom wouldn't be back for 6 days, so I had to clean up myself.

I found lots of... strange things in the process. Like books. Contests 101, Pokéathlon World Records 1987 (wow, that's old), BattleSim13 Guidebook, BattleSim12 Guidebook, BattleSim11 Guidebook (I was into BattleSim until I started my journey),BattleSim10 Guidebook, and so on, Pokémon Battles 101, and more. I think Dad took everything off my bookshelf last night. It just made me happy I wasn't there. And this was just the living room.

I basically was able to clean the first floor when I heard knocking on the door. It must be him. I thought. Luckily I was washing my hands in the bathroom, (Your hands get dirty when you clean a third of your house, I still needed to do the basement and the second floor, so I figured I should wash up first) which was on the opposite side of the first hallway as the door, so I didn't have to walk very far.

Opening the door, I saw Dusk. "I'm glad you came." I said. "Come on in."

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I step into the home of Aaron and am greeted with an average home of sorts - very similar construction to mine. The place is quite neat and tidy, but a lot of things look like they've just been hurled over dust, like in those cartoons when they throw the dust under the mat and theres a large lump. It's highly un-noticeable anyways, so I won't cause a fuss for nothing.

I sit down near to Aaron on a rather comfortable chair. The atmosphere itself is rather, tense. I decide to bring out the egg I recently recieved in order to break any tension that was there.

"I'm not sure what the egg is," I say holding up the egg in front of me, "it's not got a familiar pattern. Anyways, if we are going to travel together we may need some supplies, like perhaps a tent or something? I'm not exactly camper 101, so perhaps you know the ropes of gearing up and such?" I've purposely left out the question to battle, as in truth, I don't wish to battle. Poocheyena hasn't even taken a hit yet, so we need to start off slow. Still thinking on that name for my wolf friend.

"Also, I was wondering, would it be alright if on our journey we stopped at Lavender town for a while?" The question was rather odd to be fair, if we were travelling surely we'd see everything right? True, but I stated for a while, perhaps meaning a few days or something? I actually have unfinished business to attend to there that don't concern dead pokémon, although for now I'll play along with the idea of a lost one, for that way the chances of staying their with Aaron increase by a bit.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
Chapter 1:1
Jay's Birthday
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jay quietly sneaked out the backdoor of his house, his parents being distracted by the news. On his way out he gathered some biscuits. "SQUEEEEK" The door squeaks and Jay freezes and holds his break trying his absolute best not to move an inch, expecting his parents to notice him out of bed. He opens his eyes and breathes a sigh of relief and quickly exits the kitchen.

Once Jay was outside, he went over to the neighbouring trees and out of Pallet Town's view.
He then took a deep breath, "SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAAAAWK." Within seconds, a pidgey flew down from the trees and landed on Jay's lap.
"Didja miss me Pidgey? I brought some more of your favourite biscuits." Pidgey then gave out a delighted squawk and started to peck at the biscuits in Jay's hand.
"I turn 12 tomorrow Pidgey, You know what that means? Dad will finally let me go on my very own pokemon adventure. After my birthday party, I'll come out here and catch you, and we can travel all over Kanto and defeat gym leaders, and one day we will defeat the elite four and become the Champion. And when we become strong enough, we'll find Red and challenge him to a pokemon battle." Jay then laid down on his back. Pidgey had finished the crushed biscuits and then flew up and did a loop then landed on Jay's chest and curled up. Jay and Pidgey closed their eyes and fell asleep.

"YAWN" Jay woke up and stretched. He looked down to his left and pidgey was there asleep. "Good Morning Pidgey." Pidgey greeted him with a tweet. "It's My birthday today, I ought to run home now before my parents notice that I'm not in bed." With that, Jay got up and ran towards Pallet Town. He looked back at pidgey and waved his hand whilst running "Seeya soon Pidgey. I'll be back with a pokeball." Pidgey responded with a squawk of happiness then flew in the direction of its nest.

When Jay got back to his house, he had climbed up onto the roof and snuck through the window into his bedroom and was now lying in his bed. "Morning Sunshine, Dad is cooking you a birthday breakfast, come down to the kitchen and eat." After eating breakfast, Jay's parents sat him down on the couch. "Jay. Happy Birthday. I got you a Present that will help you on your pokemon journey. Here you go son." His dad handed him the gift. Jay ripped the wrapping paper off and opened the box. A massive grin appeared on his face. He looked up at his dad and ran over and hugged him. An item fell out of the box. It was a red and white ball, one of ten pokeballs. "Ok honey, sit back down we have one more gift for you. This one is from me, and it too is to help you on your adventure." She handed over the present to Jay, and just like the last present he ripped of the wrapping paper in seconds. He took off the lid an inside it was a map of the Kanto region, and on the other side it was a map for the Johto region. But what really took his breath away was what was underneath the map. "Whoa" He breathed. "Oh my god, these are the coolest runners I have ever seen, I'm gonna be runnin' so fast in these, thanks mum."
"Also this morning, Professor Oak came by Jay and he dropped this off for you, it is to keep a record of all the pokemon you see." His mother handed the device over to Jay. "It is called a pokedex, the professor would've talked to you abouti t but he was busy with his research, he said something about slowpoke and evolution. That man is always so busy." "I'm going to go 'nd get changed now into my gear, and then I'm off on my adventure."

After all the excitement and lunch, Jay was departing his home and Pallet town and to make his way to the next town, Viridian city. "Bye Mum, Bye Dad, I'll come back after I have defeated 8 gym leaders." "Ok son, good luck on your adventures, and don't forget to call us, especially your mother, she will worry about you the most." "Yes honey, call me every time you reach a city, there is a computer moni-""Yeah I know mum. I will call you on the computer. Geez mom, I haven't even left yet." "I know sweetie, I'm just worried about you, you will be all alone.""No he won't, he'll have his pokemon with him. Come inside Janice, the kid will be fine.""I know, but I won't be." Janice turned around one more time to look at her son, but he had already gone.

"SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAAAAWK" Pidgey flew down from the trees. "Pidgey, check out these new shoes mum got for me, and check out this pokedex thing it's so high te-""Pidgey, the tiny bird pokemon. A common sight in forests and woods, it flaps its wings at ground level to kick up blinding sand. It does not like to fight, it hides in tall grass and trees foraging for small bugs." Jay just stared at the device in amazement. "Wow, is that stuff all about you?" Pidgey jumped up and gave an affirming chirp. Jay took off his backpack and reached inside and pulled out one of his pokeballs. "You ready Pidgey? This is it. The start of the most awesome-est pokemon adventure ever in Kanto. You ready to tackle the wilderness and the other pokemon?" Pidgey gave a look to express her determination. "Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. Let's do this." Jay then through the pokeball at pidgey. It hit Pidgey and opened. Pidgey turned into a red flash and entered the pokeball. It closed. One shake, second shake, third shake......... *CLICK*. "Alright, let's go pidgey." He ran over and picked up the pokeball and attached it his belt and started to make his way to Viridian City.

Pidgey Lvl 7
Moves: tackle and sand attack

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
"Tch, you are too good. We give up can we just get to the pokemon center up near mount moon?!" Natsu yells.

"Sure, I just wanted to see how strong my pokemon have gotten. My name is Ryu do not forget me I will be seeing you soon!" the man said before sending out a pidgeot and jumping onto it's back and flying off.

"Hmmm that guy was odd, well let's get to Mount Moon!" Tai says.

Natsu nods and the two boys begin to run along the dirt path. They try their best to avoid the wild pokemon because the night was creeping up on them and they didn't want to run into and dangerous pokemon.

"Hmmm, the Pokemon Center is only a ten minute walk away..." Natsu says looking at his pokedex (it includes a messaging feature and a map)

"Okay then let's make the trek to the Pokemon Center!" Tai replies.

The 2 boys finally make it to the Pokemon Center before throwing their bags at the ground and asking for a room.

"Can we have a place to stay?" Tai asks

"Sorry we are all full but you are welcome to sleep on the chairs in the foyer." Nurse Joy replies.

"Ugh... Okay" Natsu replies.

The 2 boys trail themselves into the foyer and jumping onto a sofa each before drifting off to sleep.

Back