• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?

• Olivine City

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Snowpoint City

• Driftveil City

• Total voters

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
As soon as I can do complete runthrough without a bug popping up I'm posting a demo.

In the meantime, why aren't your Pokemon cool enough to fly?.

bxsyJ7X.png

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
There is, but not in the demo. You'll have to find the SurfBoard item however.

zwHszNK.gif

There's three forms in total, with another form changing item "hidden" somewhere. It shouldn't be that hard to find.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
There is, but not in the demo. You'll have to find the SurfBoard item however.

zwHszNK.gif

There's three forms in total, with another form changing item "hidden" somewhere. It shouldn't be that hard to find.

If I may make a suggestion - I like the idea, but it seems rather...silly
however, what would be cool (basically I'm assuming they can learn surf and fly respectively? it would know the move and would be ridiculous for a normal pikachu - rather than that) is if you make it an event, where you get an egg, it hatches into a "special" pichu, that evolves into a "special" pikachu - it is hatched knowing volt tackle - however, you cannot erase it - when it evolves into a pikachu you can use the "ballons" and "surfboard" and when it changes form, in place of volt tackle it knows fly and surf respectively

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
The forms have different learnsets (almost)entirely. Flying Pikachu(and the other forms) learn 10 different moves from the normal Pikachu baseline, have significantly different BST spreads, a custom ability and don't evolve. Codewise this event Pikachu takes up slot 650 and doesn't have a listed evo.

Not every Event pokemon will be quite so special, Pikachu isn't even my favorite electric type, but given Pikachu's prominence I think it deserves this.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
You can.

How I'm going to handle level appropriate onformswitch movesets is going to be a pain. It's the one thing that has made me want to have the "forms" be "evolutions".

Note that their custom abilities grant STAB/Weakness with a typing while active, Balloons!! grants Flying and Gnarly!! grants Water. Being hit 2 times( Balloons!! grants immunity to Ground, Gnarly!! to Water) changes your abillity to a effectless one, simulation balloons popping or falling off the surfboard.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Old

The demo is complete up to the end of Sable City(but not with the ending) and the end of Mount Moon(but not with the ending). Every Pokemon should have it changes in.

Any feedback on trainer difficulty , npc interaction, or anything else that strikes you is most welcome! Note that yes, the tilesets change almost everymap. I'm still swinging between just using basic GBA tiles or a custom one. Route 3/Sable City is what I'm leaning towards right now.

Credits.
Beta testing: Saving Raven did a huge amount of work cleaning up the early game for me. THANKS! His game, which I'm helping to beta. Linkage

Scripts: FL, Carmaniac, Pokemon Essentials

Pixel Art: To be super safe. If you notice your art here and are not listed please tell me. I've used a few compilations and you may not have been in their credits.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
You're all Terrible People for not playing my demo.

But, we have berry farming now! Helping your mom out on the farm will expanded it as well as the selection in the markets in various cities/towns. Mom's berries are just so good that they simulate the whole economy!

I just need to work out a way to randomize which berry type she wants and that'll be golden. Ha, random berries quest working!.

Meanwhile, work continues on Cerulean City + Bill's holdup. How would people feel about getting a badge not with a leader battle, but with a quest?

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Not wanting to give things away, yes there'd be a hard battle inside the quest. You'd also be working with the Gym Leader during it.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Anyone play it at all?

While work continues on the game, let's have another Pokemon Mini-review. This episode with be on Furret, that cute little rodent that existed only to exist or be an HM Slave.

162.png

Code:
Abilities=THICKFAT,KEENEYE

BSTs: HP:80/ATK:80/DEF:80/SPD:105/SATK:80/SDEF:80

Moves=1,TACKLE,3,LEER,9,DEFENSECURL,13,ROLLOUT,17,TRICK,22,SWIFT,27,FEATHERDANCE,30,SLASH,33,FIREPUNCH,37,WORKUP,37,GRAVITY,40,TRIATTACK,44,AQUATAIL,49,ICEBEAM,49,LIGHTSCREEN,54,BATONPASS,54,AGILITY,59,DRAINPUNCH,63,MEGAKICK,69,RAINBOWSLAM(120 BP PHY MOVE, Type changes based on held plate)
What I've done is give it flat 80 in all of its BSTs save Speed, giving it 105 there. So it's still not a powerhouse, but it has decent bulk and workable attack stats.

"But lauerolus, flat 80s are crap!" Yes, they are kinda low. But Furret is a utility Pokemon, now learning Trick, Feather Dance, Light Screen, Gravity, Agility, Work Up and Baton Pass via level up. So, it's far from dead weight on your team with great support and Baton Passing late game with that speed. If you want to use it as an attacker, Work Up is there to let you take advantage of either attacking spectrum and/or pass it along.

Last, to help out it's average bulk and give it time to use team support or setup moves, Furrets can now have Thick Fat. Sentrets always look kinda pudgy right? Now you can switch it in on those attacks and help out your team. Grass Starters rejoice!

Once again, thank you for your time! Play the Demo.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Dead? Not yet bub. Working on thing upto third badge as you look at this.
GXKXAm5.png

Years
I like how you are dedicated even though barely anyone is posting this. I would like to play the demo, but I can't find it.
I have a few questions.
How many pokemon will there be?
Who are the starters?

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Old demo, newer one out.

OLD DEMO. it goes upto the end of Mt. Moon+Sable City. It's way out of date because I've switch over to a speedless BST system and redone the movepools again. I'm not in a good spot to make a new demo sadly with a Gymless Vermilion city and a currently unreachable Dark town.

The number of Pokemon most likely to end up at 250-300 mark. All of Gen 1 with liberal sprinklings of Johto and less liberal sprinkling of everything else.

The starters are the standard Kanto ones. As soon as Route 3 you'll be able to catch a starter pokemon with another on Route 4 and a trade for one in Vermilion city.

Thanks for posting!

PS: For the curious, a list of Pokemon outside Gen 1 that are already included(as in catchable).
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
166.png

Time for another edition of "You ruined that Pokemon!" staring Ledian.

Ledian is a goddamned joke. 35 Attack, 55 Special Attack, and Iron Fist to power up Mach Punch. Just think of all the revenge kills Ledian can get with that powered up Mach Punch. Take that FEAR users!

Sarcasm aside, Ledian was a cool looking Pokemon who only useful option was screen support. Let's fix that.

HP/ATTACK/DEFENSE/SPEED/SPECIALATTACK/SPECIALDEFENSE
wvIAvT0.png

Ledian now learns a dizzying amount of punching moves to go with that new 100 Attack and Iron Fist, while retaining the team support option of Light Screen/Reflect. Hell, give it a little bit of substitute support and let it throw out boosted Focus Punches. It also retains above average Special Defense, retains low Defense to balance that out, and now has a very competitive 102 Base Speed.

Finally, it's now Bug/Fighting, so original, to better reflect its movepool. A lot of the standard Bug/Flying pokemon will have different secondary typings to reflect changes in their levelup movesets.

Given all of the above Ledian is no longer a joke, but hopefully also a balanced, attractive choice for your teams.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Pretty simple, after the events in Vermillion City(and then beating Surge) you get a free ride on the SS Anne. Where should it go? Everywhere aside from Mossdeep offers a new typed gym to the game. Slateport City, with an official battle after meeting with, say, Norman could be an option also. That'd even let you see bratty versions of Brendan/May.

Otherwise slow progress. Do you like the pokemon reviews? They're fun to make, but I can see them as being a bit ranty which I can tone down.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2016
Ooh! Ooh! I saw this on reddit!

Looks great by the way! PM me if you need a hand with anything!

-thesuzerain

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Where's the download link I missed it :/

All in all, thank you for conceptualizing the game. I used to rely on modding roms to make pokemon more useful. Better abilities of course are best for pokemon with superior base stat totals and terrible abilities. Higher BST for terribly stat'd pokes. I personally like what you did with Furret, however some of the elemental attacks I think should be replaced with slightly weaker versions(give it access to TM versions of the original moves). <-- regardless I look forward to playing whether or not you change the movesets(as they are satill balanced by the lack of STAB).

Back